[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ told me the sebenza is a meme knife and to come here to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

/pol/ told me the sebenza is a meme knife and to come here to get redpilled on it, what's the verdict?
>>
They're great knives; but for what it is -- it's a bit over priced. You can do a lot better for the money.
>>
>>33384213
Cheap chinese knockoff
>>
memes are partly true. Wouldn't be a meme otherwise. Gonna say that compared to others in its price range like Striders and medfords the Sebbie is absolutely the best knife you'll get for the money. Anything more and you get diminishing returns. They really are exceptionally well built. Issue is the heat treat really, though I've heard he's started making them harder now.
>>
>>33384213
>trying to start a knife thread on /pol/

Welp. Now we know why all the people who talk about sebenza knives are such shitty posters.
>>
Or you could, you know, buy a fucking gun for that price.
>Literally throwing money to a Jew for his shitty overpriced knife.
"Oh but it's tremendously and finely crafted my goy. Trust me."
>>
Its a nice looking knife. Its also 500 fucking dollars and if thats not a redpill I don't know what is
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 500x667px
>>33384213
same reason why people buy bigass trucks to do relatively light carrying and towing tasks. the sebenza is good, and with the smoothness of the action, and the steel youre getting, its a very decent knife, but you see, it was not designed woth toughness and heavy durability in mind. if you do heavy shit with it, (i.e. things heavy built EDC knives are designed to take but never do) it will fail on you a good bit. if, however, you know that you will not be doing things like that, its widely recommended
>>
>>33384298

well you can also buy a gun for the price of a ka-bar

maybe a shitty cheap .22, but a gun nonetheless
>>
>>33384213
>sebenza

If you want a $350 pocket knife, knock yourself out, and fuck /pol/. A collector would stash it, but you'd prolly have a serviceable carry folder for years.

I buy Gerbers for way less than that, and don't worry if I fuck them up or lose them.
>>
>>33384298
>to a Jew
what? He's a South African.
>>
File: evlhnk.gif (423KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
evlhnk.gif
423KB, 400x300px
>>33384332

>buying a gerber knife
>>
>>33384213
Here is as honest and detailed opinion I can give. I don't own one, but I've handled a few, sharpened one, and talked with many owners over the years. I don't own one (yet) because I think it has inhearent flaws, and I'm currently more happy getting two $200 knives over one $400 knife.

History- The Sebenza is kind of the grandfather of the "modern tactical folder", i.e. single blade, one hand opening, locks. It is the first knife to make the RIL (Reeve Integral Lock, aka Frame Lock) popular. It's over 25 years old now.

Fit&Finish- It is the gold standard, it's not the end all be all, there are finer knives, even finer production knives (like Rockstead). But it is a shining example of what a knife can be, the tolerances are phenomenal.

Felling- I can attest to how smooth they are to open and close... It's not fast and lose like you get from ball bearing pivots, but I can only describe it as "buttery". The Ergonomics are great, and the blade shape is highly functional.

Lock up- This is where the controversy starts. It's lock up looks and feels great, but I don't see a reason not to belive Cold Steel's test videos of it. Since it is so smooth, it only makes sense that it would be a very weak lock. I'm willing to over look this since it's a "gentleman" edc.

Steel/Temper- This is what ruins it for me. The temper is way to soft and it sacrifices edge retention and more importantly stability. I trust JDavis's results. Softening s35vn for "ease of sharpening" is extremely retarded. It's like taking at 600hp Covert and limiting it to 150hp for "ease of car control".

tl;dr- Yeah just because of it's pure popularity, the sort of misunderstanding of what the higher end knife community is, and it's flaws, the Sebenza is a Meme, at lest here. But that is not to say all memes are bad. I have an XL Espada, and I love it.
>>
>>33384213
They're absolutely phenomenal knives that would be worth it for a hundred dollars cheaper.
>>
Where the fuck is sebenza guy he missed his cue, came looking for his response
>>
File: Shitbenza.jpg (1MB, 3991x2993px) Image search: [Google]
Shitbenza.jpg
1MB, 3991x2993px
>>33386676
I took care of Sebenza Guy
>>
>>33384369
>>buying a gerber knife

Yup, and fuck you, faggot.
>>
>>33384213
GET A FUCKING A ZT OR A BENCHMADE

Pay a tenth of the price and still have an overpriced but decent knife. Spend the rest on a gun and a bad dragon dildo. Then fuck off back to /pol/. Your kind ain't welcome round here.
>>
Does anybody know when the new kershaws are coming out? I want a am-3 real bad
>>
>>33384213
Dude honestly just go get a cheap knife from Walmart. $9 and you can abuse the shit out of it.

Knife-fags are the absolute most autistic people to walk this planet. It's just fucking sharpened steel.

Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>33384298
I'll never understand people that spend that much on a knife.
>>
>>33384213
Do you own a pair of "Blood Diamond" cargo pants?
>>
File: 2017-01-14 20.21.21.jpg (1MB, 2592x1784px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14 20.21.21.jpg
1MB, 2592x1784px
>>33384213
it's a nice knife....a REALLY nice knife.

so nice, in fact, I hardly ever carry the thing cause I'd go mad if I lost it.

as other anon's have said there's plenty of really good american made titanium frame locks available these days.
>>
>>33387216
lmao
>>
>>33384348
That's not the point
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-04-22-13-37.png (729KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-04-22-13-37.png
729KB, 720x1280px
>>33384213
>>
>>33384369
>jambalaya-ing gerber sucks
>>
File: 20160706_185242.jpg (415KB, 738x507px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_185242.jpg
415KB, 738x507px
>>33386734
And did a shit job, just like losing weight :)
>>
>>33384213

>overpriced as fuck
>shity heat treatment
>Chris Reeve is an asshole

nope/10
>>
>>33388851
Unfortunately there is a lot of truth to this. If the heat treat were any what good though, I would not see them as over priced, they are priced similarly to other high end production knives from many other makers, if not a lot less in many cases.
>>
They're not complete garbage they're just overpriced compared to the competition.

If you want an expensive knife just get a boker, Benchmade, higher tier Spyderco, or ZT
>>
>>33387845
What's that third one from the bottom?
>>
>>33387216

Good luck with your butter knife, pleb
>>
>>33384213

the verdict is that Cock Reaver Sebongo is intentionally underhardened, which gives it absolutely abysmal edge retention (the edge will roll on rope, and goes dull pretty much immediately after cutting anything even remotely abrasive).

The lock is also fairly weak for what it is, the whole design is uninspired, and Cock Reaver is a douchebag.
>>
File: 14901854787571100781036.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14901854787571100781036.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33386734
>>33388712
Not me.

The CHRIS REEVE SEBENZA is the greatest knife ever designed. Its perfectly slender and minimalist design when combined with a buttery smooth action make it the most comfortable knife known to mankind. Its sharpness and speed are scientifically proven to have killed off all the dinosaurs upon its arrival to earth. A man once reportedly dropped his sebenza in New York (with no damage to the Sebenza of course). The knife cut through the sidewalk and disappeared for 3 months until a Chinese man stepped on the blade coming through the dirt in a local fish market. After infection set in, he then used the Sebenza to amputate his own foot in one slice. God bless Chris Reeve and praise be Sebenza.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.