[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW for TX Heat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2321.jpg (83KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2321.jpg
83KB, 366x550px
>6'1, 150lbs
>lived in cold places my enitire life
>moved to Houston TX for work
>never had guns before, always felt safe and family are Liberal as hell so no hunting etc
>REALLY starting to get the feeling I might genuily need a CCW since this place is shady as fk
>due to trying to survive in the heat, forced to dress like pic related every day (I know...)

What could I conceal with that faggot outfit? I'm quite worried about printing since it's gonna be my first gun.

After a year or two I'm sure I won't damn near melt in the sun, so I'll be able to work with more clothing. But it's pretty much beachware for now.

Recon I could hide a G43/Sheild? Or am I gonna be stuck with a blowback pocket pistol??
>>
>>33382827
What are the open-carry laws in Texas?

But yes, Houston has a LOT of criminals and ghetto elements. Look at all the recent robbery-murders in the city. Not carrying in a place like Houston is downright insane.
>>
>>33382856
Concealed carry license required to open carry
Cops can disarm you and check your ID
Can open carry anywhere except the usual places, bars, courts, etc.

desu since the open carry law came into effect I still have yet to see a single person open carrying in Fort Worth, maybe Houston has more open carriers.
>>
Carry what ever you want, as long as you have an LTC you can open carry, and printing is not an issue.
>>
iwb with a longer shirt should be fine, even in the heat. What I'd do if I lived in a much hotter climate is appendix carry with a single stack double/single action.
>>
>>33382827

I carry a kahr mk9 in a pocket holster during our summers. 110 hottest week, 105 on average.

Kahr is smaller than a shield, I think same size as the g43. I liked the Kahr trigger more, and it would have been a hassle getting a 43 in commiefornia.
>>
>>33382856
>>33382872
>OC
Appreciate the suggestion but I'm not into OC at all, I'd rather no one know it was there until I had to reach for it. Plus I'm 150lbs, someone could grab my skeletal ass and snatch it up if they really wanted.

>Look at Houstons recent crime
Why did I do that?

Just read one from last year where some guy rear ended a dude, waited till he got out to exchange info, then pulled a gun to carjack him... WTF
>>
>>33382886
So open carry clears up any legal issues of printing? That's good to know but I'd still rather keep it completely hidden ya know?

>>33382895
I was looking at Appendix for the G43, figured it would be the best mix of consealment/size for how I dress atm.

Do IWB work well on drawstring or am I gonna need to suck it up and start using a decent belt?

>>33382900
I saw pocket holsters, but as a no-funs they looked kinda 'clumsy', are they easy to use and quick to draw? Do they stay safe in the pocket when you're active??
>>
>>33382974
I've jogged with mine, but I wear those union bay short from Costco (they love me) and the pockets are pretty deep. The hoslter I have is just something I found on ebay molded to the gun, but all the pocket holsters I've seen have a little lip at hte top that is supposed to get caught on the seam of the pocket as you draw and leave hte holster in the pocket so you can pew pew.

But I don't trust that shit, I've trained quite a bit to draw from pocket, use off hand to swipe the holster if it is there or not, and then pew pew.

I've also got a single clip holster for the gun as well, but I personally think it sticks out too much with a t shirt on at appendix. If I carry it at 3 or 4 o'clock position I wear a cover garmit like a light sweatshirt.

Whereas pocket carry I can go about in a beater and still be incognito.
>>
>>33382827
Ruger LCP
>>
>>33382827
That kind of clothing requires a pocket pistol. Fortunately you're a big guy so your pocket pistol might be another man's subcompact. I'd say to try a Glock 43 or a J-handle and see if those can fit in your pocket well.
>>
>>33383034
Thanks for the info man

Might opt for the pocket option by the sounds of it.

>>33383062
Been looking at that one. I think I'd prefer the 9mm over the .32 or w/e it is.

Is that just the no-guns in me wanting a larger caliber? Or is it a better choice?
>>
>>33383133
I'm not THAT big of a guy to slide a 43 into linin shorts. I mean. I'll try it coz that would be awesome, but it might be a bit much lol.

As for the 'J-Handle' google says that a revolver, I thought they were outdated?? (Can you tell I'm new as fuck)
>>
>>33383141

When it is swamp ass hot around here pocket carry is really the only option. My 2 cents.

Id also second the ruger lcp in 9mm, the newer version with the better trigger. With pocket carry you want as thin of a gun as you can get, double stack nines print too hard out of shorts.

Also I have a j frame that fits nice in a coat pocket, but the cylinder is too fat for pocket carry. My j frame also has an exposed hammer that isn't bobbed, which is a big deal.

Oh and for sure stick with 9mm. easier to get, cheaper to shoot, better terminal ballistics.
>>
>>33383211
Perfect, thanks mate.

Sounds like the LCP9mm in the pocket is gonna be a winner.

Thanks a lot!! Now I won't feel completely fuckin lost when I walk in the gun store
>>
>>33383164
If you're going to get a single-stack pistol you're not packing enough heat to talk shit about revolvers. When it comes to self-defense pistols don't think of them as operator tools, think of them as something that fits in your hand and points well enough that you can quickly draw and magdump. Revolvers are pretty good for that and j-frame revolvers have a nice low bore axis for easy drawing and pointing. They are easily outclassed by larger automatics but if you want a gun you can carry in your shorts you won't be getting too fancy. That's kind of the good and bad of your situation: you can't consider military-tier hardware but once you accept that you can start considering options someone who can consider military hardware would think themselves above. Your biggest priorities are concealability first, ease of use second, out-of-the-box lethality third.
>>
>>33382974
Dallas here, my clothes and I are pretty slim and I carry I P320 compact with a subcompact frame at 4-5 position IWB.

Nothing wrong with a Glock but since you've never owned(Or used, I presume) a gun you might want to practice shooting and drawing a lot if you decide to carry one in the chamber. Glocks (and most striker fired pistols) don't have any real safeties (nothing wrong with this) and their triggers can get caught easily and end up legging you or taking your dick off if you appendix carry.
Some other single stack sub compacts options are:
Walther PPS
Sig Sauer 290RS
Sig Sauer 238/938

Double stack:
CZ Rami
Sig Sauer P320
H&K P2000SK/P30SK
H&K VP9SK
FN FNS Compact
Subcompact Glocks

Just curious, do you know anything about guns?
>>
>>33383262
I get that, but isn't the benefits of a lil revolver also found in a LCP?

The low axis, weight and size I mean?
>>
>>33382827
why don't you just go to basically any fucking indoor gunrange, pay them $10-25 on top of range and ammo costs, and try 30 handguns until you find one you A: like and is B: small?

>a thread died for this
>>
>>33383307
>might shoot ya dick off
All you need to say to ensure someone spends a lifetime at the range eh?

Didn't actually know about the lack of a manual safety on them so thanks for that.

>know anything about guns
Only the little I've read. Never had a 'need' for them before and never did any sports that used them.

I've fired a few at rental ranges and stuff, but never used one outside of 'let's go shoot shit' before or actually worked on technique/aim
>>
>>33383313
Sure, that's why I'm saying to try things out and see what works best. You're in a market where discounting revolvers is unnecessary.
>>
>>33383330
>what's research
Because I'd like feedback form multiple people with different experiences? Kinda the point of forums and shit bruh

Why so salty?
>>
>>33383360
Ahhh got ya, I'll be sure to check a few out and see if I prefer the feel.

Cheers.
>>
>>33383262

if your only talking about pocket carry a j frame doesn't beat a single stack 9mm solely for how it prints in the pocket. Cylinder is too big, it gets pretty obviouss.

My kahr is 6+1 with 7 round extended mags in my back pocket, 3 of them.

>>33383313

j frame would weigh more and be easier to shoot. I got a steel framed pocket pistol because I like steel, and it is really easy to shoot 200+ rounds in a session without having a sore hand. That being said it bounces a bit when running in loose pockets. I haven't had it fly out of the hoslter tho like it did with a hybrid holster.
>>
>>33383378
>Because I'd like feedback form multiple people with different experiences?
they're not you and their opinions aren't your opinions fag

If you were serious you could have this figured out for $80 and less time than this thread will stay alive, but for some reason you thought making a thread first would get you to a decision faster
>>
>>33383430

so salty... live in a no cc state?
>>
>>33383444
I'm salty because faggots like you keep moving here and shitting up the roadways, taxes, and property values
>>
>>33382827
LMAO.

I carry in any and all weather in normal clothes.

Get a good belt and a good holster
>>
>>33383457

oh so salty but deserved. I live in commiefornia, sorry the Wall isn't going to be around us.
>>
>>33383357
Just practice holstering and unholstering a lot in your house with a dummy round in and you should be fine honestly.
The only single stack subcompact off the top of my head with a manual safety is the P938/238, I think
>>
>>33383497
its OK, I'm banking on Kek snapping you all off at the faultline and creating a california-shaped atlantis 2.0
>>
>>33383430
>still salty
Sage and move on then you assblasted faggot

>>33383444
Right? Didn't expect to find easily triggered kiddos on here

>>33383393
>more weight is easier to shoot
Less recoil right?

Thanks for the info man.

>>33383487
>in all weather conditions
That's nice. I just have one weather condition here and it's called 'surface of the sun'

I ain't dressing heavier and boiling yo death just to carry a larger gun.

I'm going in and out of Houston, not Iraq.
>>
>>33383498
>dummy rounds
Didn't even think of that kind of shit, thank you very much.
>>
>>33383520

Yeah I wish too man. State of Jefferson when?

Never. Also the dam didn't completely go so Sac is still a bunch of smiling shitfucks.

>>33383536

Yes, recoil goes down as weight of gun goes up. And don't take too much grit from the salty one, he really does deserve to be salty with all the commiefornia expats shitting up every other state and spreading its particular brand of retarded.

Like Austin, but the whole state is Austin. And worse.
>>
>>33383536
>easily triggered kiddos
when you have to move because your taxes jump to $1700 a month you tend to get that way
>>
>>33382827

I an litch-er-ally carrying a full size gun in my work clothes.

J crew polo & chino pants.

No printing.

Wilderness instructor belt + Milt Sparks VMII holster
>>
>>33383572
Good to know, cheers man.

>>33383600
Stop being poor?
>>
>>33383536

I've lived in Texas my whole life you nerd. Houston didn't get *that* hot
>>
>>33383652
>lived in the cold my whole life

It's like standing on the sun, I'll adjust in time but it's too much atm.

I'll take your ass to a -10 snow covered shitstorm and let's see how ya do cowboy lol

Not that it's rly comparable since you can wrap up against the cold, can't do shit for the heat but ware less and sweat
>>
>>33383652

This is me, btw

>>33383627
>>
>>33383684
See
>>33383675

Appreciate the input but not gonna happen
>>
>>33382827
Ive lived in houston all my life and never even realized we where that shady until i was in high school. just stay away from alief and southwest area and youll be fine.
>>
>>33382974
Printing was actually removed before we got open carry, but the point still stands.
>>
>>33382827
Are u white? Nothing

Are you latino or black?

Wear baggy clothes. Majority of h town culture is baggy clothes and rap.

It's not weird to wear baby clothes in htown

I ain't even there but I know.
>>
>>33383675

Coldest I've ever been in was -36C in Tver.
Wasn't even that bad, honestly.

Mfw you're over 6 feet and won't carry a full size gun.

You might as well be 5'5"
>>
>>33383773
If you can't conceal a full size gun in 105F weather, you must have the figure of a transgender chubby faggot with Kleinefelter syndrome
>>
>>33382827
I live in MO. Gets pretty hot in the summer most years. if you can wear shorts that have belt loops and a baggy shirt you can conceal just about anything you normally could...
>>
File: 1488026534925.jpg (177KB, 806x909px) Image search: [Google]
1488026534925.jpg
177KB, 806x909px
>>33382827
>slather ass crack and asshole with cosmoline
>carry in a reverse jock strap with trigger gaurd tickling butthole
>autolube gun while spreading heat to metal of gun, thus cooling you

problem solved
>>
>>33384118
Only sensible answer so far
>>
>>33383919
Fuk I ment baggy clothes.
>>
>what is acclimation
I got a ruger lc9s for summer time carry, it does the job.
>>
>>33382827
Houston sucks mange
>>
>>33385039
>mane
>mang
pick one
>>
>>33382827
>be texan
>6'7, 250 lbs
>work outside in heat
>work 6 1/2 days a week
I carry a Sig P238. I keep a full size gun or 2 in my truck. It's uncomfortable wearing a big gun and crawling under equipment and working on shit.
>>
File: tfw not actually well prepared.png (2MB, 1302x2034px) Image search: [Google]
tfw not actually well prepared.png
2MB, 1302x2034px
>>33382827
if you have a shoulder holster go Hawaiian
>>
>>33382827
look into those fishing shirts, either columbia or the academy brand, those usually run pretty long and are comfortable baggy but don't look ghetto, i could almost hide a owb cz75 with those on. they are meant for fishing in the sun so they stay cool and dry too

t.houstonfag
>>
>>33383498
The Taurus PT709 is a single-stack nine and has a safety.
>>
Just get a g43 and a reasonable aiwb holster and a decent belt. You will have no problems
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.