[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is SCUBA diving a great non-firearm /k/ related hobby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20170321_131211.jpg (3MB, 1979x2389px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_131211.jpg
3MB, 1979x2389px
>potential for injury or death
>endless gearfaggery
>situational awareness key
>surrounded by nature and animals
>knives essential, spearguns optional
>>
File: 1489871718703.jpg (46KB, 540x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489871718703.jpg
46KB, 540x508px
>have to take bunch of lessons before hand
>need certificate to go beyond certain depth
>accompanied by instructors most of the time
>expensive
Considering that half of /k/ is mouth breathing poorfags? Nope.
It's still a fun recreational hobby and I highly recommend it.
>>
>>33381303
>going near a body of water deeper than your knees
>ever
>>
>>33381303
>non-firearm /k/ related hobby?
You mean you don't own a speargun?
>>
File: 1462039363428.jpg (49KB, 800x319px) Image search: [Google]
1462039363428.jpg
49KB, 800x319px
>>33381502
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_underwater_rifle
>Not wanting an APS
>>
>>33381480
You know I'm actually glad you don't.

Too many fucking idiots drowning themselves because they don't know how to swim, even worse when it's parents who also make their kids drown. Boggles my mind. At least you know your limitations.
>>
>>33381303
Are you some kind of fag?
Dumped all that money for gear instead for ammo.
What the fuck
>>
Which one of you fags keeps trying to trade your scuba gear and a 12 inch sub for my hk91 on Armslist???
>>
Not a weapon
>>>out
>>
>>33381560
>At least you know your limitations.
More like I've been deathly afraid since I was a child. My dad took me to an amusement park and as we were leaving decided to take me to the waterpark that was part of it. He told me to go down this large water slide and I remember telling him the water looked too deep at the bottom of it, he told me it wasn't so I went up. I've never actually been in a pool before that. I just remember tumbling in the water and being so scared. The lifeguards didn't even get in the water to help, just tried to grab my hand from the edge which is how I got out eventually. Felt like I was in there forever. I've never told anyone.
>>
Because it costs a dick ton of money with very little return
>>
>>33381791
that sucks, your dad sounds like a doofus. Sounds like you need a trip to the water park asap and to be thrown down waterslides until you get that worked out. Sorry anon.
>>
>>33381791
Pretty much my point. Swimming and staying afloat is actually very easy, literally all you need to do is stay calm and sweep the water in slow and full motions.

But people who have no idea panic, start wildly flailing their limbs around which is the thing that actually makes you drown.

You might want to try and learn in a shallow pool. It's really easy.
>>
File: IMG_0556.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>33381303
>spearguns optional

I've been diving without a spearguns probably less than 10 times in my life and I dive a fuckton.

Diving itself is not /k/ related it's /out/ but spearfishing is definitely /k/ related in regards to underwater weaponry.

Pic related.
>>
Boating accidents become leading excuse during gun round up, need to prove loss or be jailed, have scuba gear, get scared the gulag.
>>
>>33381810
That pretty much defines most hobbies. ;)
>>
>>33381870
There was no need for you to take that many fish in one day.
>>
>>33384112
>what is freezing
After the best cuts for sashimi, of couse.
>>
>>33384112
Would have been if they were lionfish. Fuck lionfish.
>>
>>33381303
>SCUBA is /k/
It would be for all your reasons, which are valid and I like them, except for >>33381393

SCUBA ain't for fuds and not so much for poorfags. Though SCUBA in SEA can be pretty cheap but you have to get there first.

>>33381850
>But people who have no idea panic, start wildly flailing their limbs around which is the thing that actually makes you drown.
Funnily enough, panic is basically the only really dangerous thing in SCUBA too, there's just a few more interesting ways to panic and die.
>>
>>33381303
>tfw many years ago I was a PADI certified diver
>tfw moved inland where nothing's deeper than 15 feet and the color/consistency/transparency of chocolate milk
>tfw diagnosed as diabetic after car wreck and my pancreas decided to an hero, so even if I move somewhere worth diving again I can't get re-certified ever
It was fun and I still fuck around with snorkel and fins on vacation but unless you live within reasonable distance of clear water there's really no point.

>tfw local country club pays a single diver $60,000 a year to fish golf balls out of its water hazards once a month for 4 months out of the year
FUCK
>>
>>33381393
>Somewhat valid points.

I'd also recommend proper instruction to shooting. Mine wore hats and yelled alot.

Once you get that certificate, there's no instructors, unless you want to level up. Also nothing to keep you from going deeper than 60 feet, but most of the aquatic life is around that depth anyway. Most depth chasing is just dick waving.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.