[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stab resistant vest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1958.jpg (47KB, 535x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1958.jpg
47KB, 535x537px
What's up /k/ommandos
Need some help or opinions on stab resistant vests.
I'm a CO in a maximum security prison. Things have been escalating rapidly and the shit will hit the fan here anytime now. I want a stab resistant vest. My department is full of fuck wads and bleeding hearts, they do not provide us with vest so it will be out of my own pocket. I do have some disposable income though. Also AMA I guess. Thanks for the help!
>>
While I can't give you any recommendations for a stab proof vest, good on you for taking it upon yourself to buying better equipment than what you're issued.
>>
>>33374273
there really aren't any stab proof vests. Even Kevlar isn't good for that purpose. Might want some super light weight plates + side plates instead. Those will still have gaps though so they aren't full proof.
>>
>>33374396
See that's the thing, needs to be covert. Under the shirt and not to bulky and don't need stab proof per se, just some protection against shanks, edged weapons and maybe needles
>>
>>33374484
Chain mail tbhfam
>>
>>33374567
>needles
Put a coat of plates over the chain mail. Don't forget your padding underneath
>>
>>33374273
I own a PACA level 3 stab resistant vest. The panels are about 1/4 inch thick. They make you look a little puffy but not too noticable. I found mine lighly used on ebay a few years back for $100. Level 3 retails for about $600. My main complaint was that it was hot.
>>
>>33374396
ceramic.
>>
>>33374567
>chain mail vs ice pick
yeah,....naw
>>
get a full plate harness.

https://www.wulflund.com/armour/suits-of-armour/functional-plate-armour-custom-made.html/

prison gaurds should be in plate and doublet. since you don't typically have firearms in a prison and the prisoners only have shanks and small slicing blades.
>>
File: IMG_5040.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5040.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33375033
I stabbed mine with some shanks we found and it worked. I don't know how it would hold up against a professionally made blade.
>>
File: IMG_5039.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5039.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33375033
>>
>>33375033
Thanks! I'll check one out. Also nice dubs
>>
File: IMG_0726.jpg (17KB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0726.jpg
17KB, 400x379px
>>
>>33374273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXo08F7yFTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRPy06ppL-4

Google it. Open youtube and search for stab vests etc.
>>
>>33374396
Chain mail
>>
>>33374273
>>33375666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXD6j98WVRk
>>
CDOC will get you a vest. Go through the channels. Bitch and moan and you'll get it.
>>
>>33374396
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/level-iiia-stab-and-bullet-resistant-vest-detail.html?Itemid=0

They exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkD4OpGjo4
>>
>>33375713
No my department will not. No budget to provide gear. They don't care unless the money is being spent on inmates
>>
>>33375666
Satan leave this thread.
>>
galls?

I got my vest from them but for iiia.
>>
Galls has stab armor.

>escalating

May I ask? Gang tensions or with staff, other?
Also do they let you carry tasor guns?
>>
>>33374273
The best protection is to be nice to the inmates. They won't want to stab you then.
>>
>>33377225
Because people end up in prison only doing bad things to people who slighted them amiright.
>>
>>33377225
He works in a max security prison, not a small town jail.
>>
>>33377225
Why do libs come to /k/ ?
>>
File: 1472236502466.jpg (50KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1472236502466.jpg
50KB, 500x731px
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Stainless-steel-Split-Leg-Apron-for_60168128620.html

https://www.etsy.com/listing/472508013/welded-stainless-steel-chain-mail-vest?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-clothing-unisex_adult_clothing-activewear&utm_custom1=fd2f347c-2f89-4d9d-8fb5-250474776618&gclid=CPvatrGU59ICFYlrfgodDWQIqg
>>
>>33377433
Because guns are cool as tits and fun to punch holes in things with?
Why do cons think they should have the monopoly on cool shit?
>>
just do what the inmates do and wrap your torso in paper magazines under your shirt
>>
>>33375699
I don't think you understand what side wins when chainmail goes up against a piercing weapon, but let me tell you that it isn't the guy in chainmail.
>>
>>33377433
>Why do people bait /k/ ?
ftfy

And people do it because we're easy to bait.
>>
>>33375106

And they should be carrying swords and daggers
>>
>>33374273
>maximum security prison.
>Things have been escalating rapidly and the shit will hit the fan here anytime now

Solitary confinement has been shown by numerous studies to increase anti-social behavior. By many psychological standards it should be considered a form of torture. This ofcourse isn't your or your colleagues fault but the result of privatized prison-industrial-complex that makes more profits by leeching taxpayer dollars by providing facilities that are increasingly inhumane and aimed at making sure the inmates will not integrate back to society at large once released since that way they wouldn't produce more profits for the corporate owners anymore.

System is fucked up. I'm all for punishing those who have wronged the society but this shit doesn't produce anything that can even remotely be considered constructive for our societies and thus the taxpayer.
>>
File: 500px-Kanye-resting-bitch-face.jpg (24KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Kanye-resting-bitch-face.jpg
24KB, 500x282px
Phone books nigga!
>>
>>33374273
You should just release the prisoners you keep against their will.
>>
>>33377099
Inmates. Had a few riots recently. A lot of people getting hurt (staff)
>>
>>33377225
Not true. Staff getting targeted and assaulted at random. It does not matter how you are with them. Most of the time it is the good COs because it sends a message
>>
>>33377099
No tasers, just some OC(MK-4) and your hands if you know how to use them
>>
>>33378031
I'll have you know that our facility is fazing out seg. This has become a point of the issue because we can no longer punish those who are trouble makers in the system. We have reduced our seg space by more than half. It is mostly PC now and the beds we do have for seg are easy time now ( TV and MP4 and some personal property as soon as you get there)
>>
>>33378031
I'm also at a state run facility. If anything it's a money pit for the taxpayers of my state. What's your idea for rehabilitating murderers, rapist, child molesters and habitual offenders. Most of the inmates at my facility have committed violent crimes and I assure you they are not willing to change for the better
>>
>>33375125
>>33375131
Not that anon but a standing stab is a lot different than someone attacking you with a knife.

No vest is going to stop someone from overpowering you and stabbing you in the arms neck head throat legs groin etc... Be fit, ready to fight and aware of your situation and ALWAYS have a battle buddy.
>>
>>33377099
Last year we had what equated to a staff assault every other day. I have been assaulted twice myself, both times were not serious because I am fortunate enough to know how to defend myself
>>
>>33374273
Just quit.
>>
>>33379325
Not going to do that, thanks for the advice though!
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.