[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bolt gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: cz-usa-cz-550-medium-lux.png (2MB, 2950x1966px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-550-medium-lux.png
2MB, 2950x1966px
Looking to buy a 7mm Rem Mag for fudding. I'm trying to decide between a controlled feed (CZ 550) and a push feed (Tikka T3). Any suggestions/thoughts on the difference?

also post your bolt guns
>>
the fudd safari hunters will tell you that nothing besides controlled feed even exists, but for all intents and purposes, it doesn't matter as much as the overall quality of the weapon.

with a controlled feed you do lose the ability to dropload though, unless you have a beveled bolt face like a ruger.
>>
>>33373915

I would agree with them just because if I'm on a safari with the possibility of having my self gored by an elephant then I want my feeding to work in every damn position imaginable.

Otherwise push feed is fine for regular old durr hunting.
>>
>>33373915
>>33373933

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably go push feed for the drop load. Also overall, I think I like the Tikka better for the money.
>>
>>33373865
I've never used a CZ, but my Tikka is delightfully accurate. I can strongly recommend a Tikka.
>>
I've got a cz 550 safari that, while I still love the thing, ironically has some feeding issues due to the feed ramps on some of the magnum cartridges (mine's a 458 Lott). I haven't heard of these issues for the regular short or long actions though. I also have a tikka that has performed quite well, I've only had issues when I didn't fully seat the mag (it can be a bit odd sometimes) and it tries to pick up a round and it goes all fucky.

All things the same, I'd go for a tikka, just beware that 7RM is going to kick like a mother fucker in that light of a rifle; my 308 was quite sharp before I put a brake on it.
>>
>>33375299
I should note that the feeding issues on these magnum safari's are model specific and quite easy to fix. Once resolved, they're one of the (if not the) most popular PH/guide rifles in Africa, so that should give some level of confidence.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't make push/controlled feed a determining factor.
>>
>>33375245
>>33375299
>>33375331

Thanks for feedback! I know that shit is gonna kick, but the weight is a way larger factor when I'm packing out delicious venison.
>>
>>33375391
Agreed. Weight is always nice to reduce, just make sure you get enough non-flinch-habit-forming-practice in so you don't gut shot it.
>>
elated question: Is Remington 7mm ammo the same as 7mm Mauser? I have a 7mm Spanish Mauser, and I'm not sure if that's the right ammo to buy for it.
>>
>>33375561
No, they are totally different cartridges. Use only the right cartridge for the right rifle.

I don't recommend 7mm magnum. 30-06 with a heavy bullet is probably better.
>>
File: 14.jpg (137KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
137KB, 880x660px
>>33375561
>>
>>33373865
My 7mm Rem Mag is a Winchester Model 70
Shit's God-tier yo
>>
>>33376070
30-06 is probably better. Bigger bullet and less recoil. 7 mag has a lot of velocity, but all that does is create more drag.
>>
>>33375591
>I don't recommend 7mm magnum. 30-06 with a heavy bullet is probably better.
REALLY depends on a lot of factors.
Both are capable of killing any living thing in North America.
Effective range of 7mmRemMag is LONG though . Shoots flat as fuck too. So at long ranges it's gonna outperform 30-06.
30-06 wins in terms of ammo variation (you can better tailor your bullet to the game you're hunting) and price (7mm is expensive shit).

I've got no regrets about hunting with 7mm but it's got its limits.
>>
>>33376103
>30-06 is probably better. Bigger bullet and less recoil. 7 mag has a lot of velocity, but all that does is create more drag.
Nigger you best be trolling.

There's no way such ignorant noguns CoD kiddies make up the userbase of /k/ now that it's 2017, right?
>>
>>33373865
>Tikka T3

They are nice rifles and very accurate right out of the box. I love my Tikka T3 Tactical it came with a threaded barrel. I read they have made some improvements in the new T3X models
>>
>>33373865
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but if you're going to mount a scope, do not get a rifle with the "european" style stock. The comb will be too low for a good cheek weld.
>>
File: IMG_6092[1].jpg (169KB, 1200x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6092[1].jpg
169KB, 1200x440px
>>33373865
Either one would look good in a GRS Hybrid stock
>>
>>33376103
>7 mag has a lot of velocity, but all that does is create more drag.

wat
>>
>>33375591
7mm rem mag blows the shit out of 30-06.

7rm is meant to be a long range cartridge.

standard 30-06 loads go subsonic around 1k yards 7rm when done right will stay supersonic out to 1600y.
>>
>>33375561
7mm mauser is an original cartridge from the late 1800s, 7 rem mag was developed in the 1960s using the .375 h&h magnum as a parent
>>
>>33373865
>>33373865

The difference between crf and push feed is comparing ford to chev.

Both have pros.
Both have cons.

I went looking for anew rifle earlier in the year. I had it narrowed down to a sako finnlight, a sauer 101, a savage 116, or a new winchester model 70.

Some of the factors that I looked at were what if the barrel was stainless, if it had (or I could buy) an adjustable stock, the bolt throw angel, (either 60 or 90 degrees) was it magazine fed or not, the weight with and without a scope, and whether it was push feed or crf.

and then I went and held the rifles.

So I had the savage 116 for years and it never really "fit". I then drove 90 minutes to a store that had the sauer 101. Nice rifle, but again it didn't fit. it didn't feel comfortable. After the sauer test I went to another store that had the finnlight. Super nice rifle, salesman was really pushing me for a sale but something about it didn't feel right when I shouldered it.

After those two I went to the local canadian tire and they actually had a winchester model 70 extreme weather ss in 300 win mag. As soon as I picked it up I HAD to buy it. It fit. the weight was nice, it felt fuckin' awesome to hold, the bolt was smooth as hell, the guy didn't have a clue about guns as he was some kid working his job AND I got it for $1400 OTD.
Moral of the story? go hold the rifles and see what one fits the best.
>>
>>33379542
Winchester M70s have a reputation as "the Rifleman's Rifle" for a reason anon.
Fucking love mine
>>
>>33379618
I was worried about rifles when they moved the production to south carolina and fucked a few things up, but since they're now under the FN belgium umbrella they appear to be fine :/

Can't wait for hunting season now!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.