[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people frown upon century arms aks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1489594831042.jpg (489KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
1489594831042.jpg
489KB, 1143x857px
Why do people frown upon century arms aks?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-20-16-05-14.png (518KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-20-16-05-14.png
518KB, 1080x1920px
Also thoughts on this thing?
>>
>>33370831
Century Arms has a reputation of being hit or miss when it comes to their HOMEMADE kalashnikovs compared to their imported stuff where all they do is convert it. Also for some reason, the AKfags here would like to tease at you if you have a milled AK (Which is funny, the original Type II and III AK47s were milled, along with the licensed Type III variants that the Soviets allowed to their stallite states
>>
>>33370831
i have a ak47
>>
All I know is that I want an AK of some kind but I don't want to buy garbage but at the same time I don't want to drop a shit ton of money on it.
>>
>>33370846
Those are fine, they're not Century Arms, rather, all the parts (minus the trigger set, stock, barrel and magazine) is made from FEG (aka Hungarian). FEG receivers are also well sought after. The only criticism is that the barrel is "soft" yet there hasn't been much of an issue in regards to it. The second problem is there isn't much aftermarket for furniture, but overall, it's a good bester AK
>>
>>33370918
high end AKs are appropriately valued but low-mid tier rifles like wasr and npap are overpriced.
>>
Cheapest high tier ak?
>>
>>33371423
WASR and NPAP are both reasonably good quality AKs made by arsenals whose primary job is to supply AKs to their militaries. I even think the NPAP compares to Arsenal AKs.

WASR still has QC issues, but if you pick a good one, they're quality.
>>
>>33370831
Kids that have never owned or shot one parroting bullshit they read on the internet while calling everyone else "fudd."

This place is mostly autists who rage about dumb shit that have zero firearm experience.
>>
File: IMG_0211.jpg (287KB, 800x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.jpg
287KB, 800x984px
>>33371530
Exactly, those of us with experience know that an AK with a pot metal cast bolt, bolt carrier, and front trunnion is a disaster waiting to happen.

How many more of these RAS pieces of shit need to lose headspace and explode for dumbasses like you to understand?
>>
>>33371457
SLR 107R (the new fixed stock one)

$850, arsenal is getting another batch in soon apparently.
>>
>>33371478
can't speak on arsenal but my wasr comes nowhere close in quality to my vepr and they only have a $100 price difference currently.
>>
>>33370846
just get a wasr i owned one and it constantly had problems.
>>
File: WASR Folded.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
WASR Folded.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33370831
Century MANUFACTURED stuff can suck. Century imported stuff is generally fine.

IMHO, just inspect before you buy (which should be standard procedure anyways unless you have to order online)

For the record, my WASR turned out nice. However I cut the magwell, not century.
>>
File: IMAG0766.jpg (798KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0766.jpg
798KB, 1836x3264px
The problem is basically the RAS47. Century's cheaper rifle which has some kinda shitty quality bolts and bolt carriers. The metal is really soft, and is prone to failure, possibly catastrophic, eventually. It leads to most/all they're problems, and /k/ memes the shit out of it. Same with the Glock failures.

Century just recalled my rifle and stuck a bolt and carrier in it, looks like a surplus set. Been shooting and no deformations or scarring. Problem solved.

The WASRs are good, the c39s are pretty aight. RAS's are great if you replace the bolt and carrier.

Also /k/ is just a board of noguns memetards and autistic shills.
>>
>>33370831

Bought a WASR 3 years ago for around $600, knock on wood, haven't had a single issue yet. Take that for what it is I guess.
>>
>>33371478
The npap is crap. It's the commercial version of the m70. Grab an opap if you want to be on the level of other war factory rifles.
>>
>>33370831
if it is century made= stay away century brought in = it's a bargain

namely the c39 and ras have soft cast metal in key parts like trunions,bolts and carriers
>>
Really poor qc on early wasrs.
Bad buisness practices
The cattastrophe that is the c39 and ras47
>>
>>33370831
Century has always been a victim of libelous competitors. I'm thinking of Fulton Armory offhand but there are others like the monkey meme meanwhile pictures, but Fulton published webpages with the exact same "do not fire" analysis for different far cheaper brands like Century and Lithgow. I've had nothing but luck with CAI stuff.
>>
>>33376544
dubs don't lie
>>
>>33370846
Don't ever buy anything labeled high capacity or pre-ban unless they're machine guns. Those are emotionally charged facebook words designed to open your wallet wider. Those who use them should be shunned.
>>
>>33376623
Century has been doing hack jobs for longer than companies like Fulton have been in business.
>>
>>33376646
Hi-Cap actually does have a post-ban meaning. The rifles can be imported with single-stack bolts and magwells, making them "low-cap." Manufacturers can widen the magwell and add a double-stack bolt once it's stateside during 922r compliance process. You can actually buy single stack versions of vz58s, WASRs, and NPAPS.
>>
>>33376663
and by "post-ban" I mean after the federal AWB expired.

pre-ban and post-ban can also apply to guns imported before bush's 89 "assault weapon" import ban. It can also apply to pre-922r guns as well!
>>
The C39v2 is excellent for the price. Really a tremendous value. In a totally different league than the RAS47.

For what they cost new I'd still rather buy a Vepr for $200 more, but if someone was selling a used one in the $500-600 range i wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
>>
I have an RAS-47, it fires fine, never had any problems.
>>
>>33376623
I'm also suspicious of the anti-century meme. my friend has fed his ras47 1500+ rounds with no trouble and other owners report similarly. maybe they are the 1% but I've seen more actual evidence of them being fine rather than catastrophic failure.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.