[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earpro Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Howard Leight.png (358KB, 602x661px) Image search: [Google]
Howard Leight.png
358KB, 602x661px
Recent hasguns here, I'm looking to buy some earmuffs or the like. Probably going to spend like $50. Is pic related good or what do you guys suggest around this. Presumably there's gonna be some fag who claims only $200+ earpro is worth anything
>>
>>33368879
All the same shit. Juat make sure they are comfy. You are gonna be wearing them for a bit.

t. Owner of $12 lowes ones, $50 construction ones, $.50 ear buds
>>
>>33368879

Those are pretty much the poorfag gold standard. Own two pairs and they're pretty great.
>>
I own that same pair. Good for the price, fairly comfortable. Sometimes the seal isn't too good with glasses, but I double up just to be safe. Seen many people who use them, so surely they can't be too bad.
>>
>>33368879
Just get a pair of foamies, then slap some el cheapo standard muffs on top.
>but the electronic ones are cooler
That they are, not knocking them, but other than being able to talk to a frail old man on his death bed they're pretty much the same.
>>
>>33368879

been using those in pic related for years. i bought a second pair for guests.

i think they are great, and would recommend them.
>>
>>33368879
WHAT?
>>
>>33368879
I own those exact ones. There good enough. Just dont expect the aux in to work well
>>
>>33368879
I have those, but I feel like they don't cover my ears completely. I switched to the Peltor Sport Tactical 100, and they turned out to be a better fit for me. This is pretty much up to user preference basically.
>>
>>33369174
My aux works fine but I can never get it loud enough. My music comes out way too low.
>>
I've had 2 pairs of electronic muffs.
Both had one side die.
My best mate has his pair for a few years now with zero problems.

Idk what the fucking deal is. Maybe I just have bad luck.
>>
>>33368879
Cheap as fuck Peltor Bullseye work well and are low profile enough to shoulder a rifle. Use them for shooting rifles indoors.
>>
>>33369786
Yeah, this saddened me big time. I wanted to use them like this to mow the lawn & listen to podcasts.

As it stands, I just put in some small ear buds and put cheapo Walmart earmuffs over it. Works OK, but gets uncomfortable.
>>
>>33368879
these are pretty popular. they dont work well for me bc it doesnt seal very well for my fat head.
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (996KB, 1583x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
996KB, 1583x1224px
>>33368879
The HL impacts are about the best earpro bang for buck in existence. Not only do they perform admirably and provide surprisingly good ambient stereo audio, they are lower profile than their direct competitors which makes getting down on the rifle or shotgun much more comfy.

Only reason to spend more is if you need a gucci set with comms capability, attaching to a helmet and the likes.
>>
>>33368879
Everybody uses them, they're good for the price, comfy, and a bunch of RSOs and YouTubers use em.
The question you need to as yourself is if you need electronic ear pro, every time a shot rings out, the audio cuts out so people talking is choppy.

t. An RSO
>>
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-stereo-hearing-protection-earmuffs?a=359175

Are these crap? Rating for it seems pretty good.
>>
>>33368879
You could also consider peltor sport range guard electronic earmuffs. About the same but more comfortable and cheaper at the time for me. Then get some foam plugs to double up when needed.
>>
>>33369174
>>33369786
>>33370274
This is gonna hurt the wallet, but but once, cry once, and unless you have an identical twin, nobody is really going to get the same use out of them.

http://www.sleek-audio.com/ct-6-custom-earphone/

Some things to note:
>rated for 30dB noise reduction
>water resistant
>cord removable/replaceable
>would go shooting in these things often
>music doesn't need to be above bare minimum, and it's crystal clear
>can go running in them and they won't fall out
>anecdotes of people being caught in rainstorms, no damage to report
>other anecdotes of motorcyclists using them to jam out while on a ride

My car was broken into when I had these in there, once. Apparently, the thief thought you can just pick them up and wear them. They don't work that way. Custom made for your ears only.

And yes, I'm getting these things again. I literally used no other sets of headphones until after they were stolen.
>>
>>33368879
I got a set of worktunes made by the Stanley tool company. I use them for shooting and they have an am/fm radio built into them. They were around 40 bucks.

they don't have that wiz bang feature where you can hear people talking from other rooms and shit though.
>>
>>33370843
Holy shit that's a lot.
shame for you it sort of wasn't worth it, since they got stolen.
what did you use for ear protection before these?
>>
Do they use earpro in the military? I never see it in any movies.
>>
>>33374422
Usually they're flesh colored inserts that go deep in the ear. And fall out quite easily. They're also using blanks or digital editing to simulate fire. And yes, you are issued foamies and over ear protection depending on your job.
>>
I have a pair. Those+earplugs work great. My glasses screw with the seal on the pads though. An anon recommended gel pad replacements but I haven't got em yet.
>>
I prefer the peltor rangeguards myself. About the same price but they seal around my ears a lot better than the impact sports ones. Probably depends on your head though.
>>
>>33368941
The speakers in these are loud enough that you can actually hear better with them on when you're using foamies though
>>
>>33368879
I own a pair of those as well. I highly recommend them.

That said, my ears are pretty sensitive to overpressure, so I double them up with foam earplugs.
>>
What kind of pussy uses earpro when shooting? If I didn't need earpro in Fallujah, you faggots don't need earpro plinking targets in the woods
>>
>>33376029
This can be a big deal, depending on your circumstances--they don't give you super-hearing, so much as they give you back everything you lose from doubling-up with foamies and then a little more on top.
>>
>>33376081
0/10 not even trying
>>
>>33376213

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
just buy whatever and add foams and youre set.
>>
File: Surefire-EarPro-Sonic-Defenders.jpg (76KB, 633x653px) Image search: [Google]
Surefire-EarPro-Sonic-Defenders.jpg
76KB, 633x653px
I've been using pic related for 10+ years.
>>
So I got some water in my 3M Peltors while shooting inna rain and now there's a constant soft cracking in the left ear that drives me insane while wearing them hunting. Is there any possible way to fix them or should I buy a a new pair of Howard Leights?
>>
>>33368941
Yeah but big cheap earmuffs are fucking gay when shooting an AR. They break seal all the time.
>>
>>33368879
have the same pair, my review on them: Aux port is trash and the cord that comes with it. Speakers are nice they're good quality, when you have max volume you will hear static which is a given. Battery life depends on the batteries but these don't drain the fuck out of them. If you wear protective head gear when shooting they will fit underneath it quite well. they pack up to a nice small size if space is an issue, the muffs aren't the softest thing but you'll get used to them quickly the seal depends on how tight you put them, Volume wheel won't easily turn on from rubbing so it wont drain batteries when not in use. So all in all are these god tier tacticool ear pro, No I've seen nicer ones but you'll be looking at the 150+ price range, but for a cheap effective low-mid rate pair these are the best you're gunna get I find. If you got any questions I might be able to answer them.

TL;DR - get them their good.
>>
>>33372338
I'm retarded and used foamies. Now I have over ear cheap things I got from academy. They work...but don't seal well when using certain eyepro
>>
>>33376462

These are quality.
Im queer though and double up. Muffs over these babys
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.