[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The case of Caseless Ammunition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: caseless.png (687KB, 958x671px) Image search: [Google]
caseless.png
687KB, 958x671px
I'm very interested in caseless ammunition weapons. I've found these documents talking about the good, the bad and history of such weapons.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Caseless-Ammunition-Small-Arms.pdf
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/TRWMG/TRWCaselessMG.pdf

Do you think we can ever develop a reliable design using such ammo?
>>
Wasn't the G11 pretty much ready to be adopted but then the SU collapsed?
>>
>>33368297
Not much worse than the M16, except the M16 failed every test except full auto accuracy.
>>
That's part of the story, yes.
Of course the G11 wasn't a good gun. It was overly complex, the ammunition was fragile and as most other caseless designs, the advantages of using caseless ammo were offset by design limitations.

I think we should retry, but thinking small and simple. For example: could a lever-action rifle work with caseless ammo if the chamber was slightly modified to properly seal the gases?
>>
>>33368297
I have no opinion on caseless ammo, since I will provbably never use any, but the first doc looks very biased to me.
>>
They were written by a guy involved with the Army ACR program, it's no wonder he's got a bad experience with the whole concept. I find it useful for listing the technical challanges of caseless ammo.
>>
File: LSAT_2.gif (69KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
LSAT_2.gif
69KB, 800x596px
Plastic cased ammo seems more feasible to me.
>>
>>33369276
>first doc looks very biased to me
It was written by fucking Jim Schatz of HK.

>>33368353
Wait, since when did the M16 fail every test? Huh?
>>
>>33368297
Case less ammo in small arms with current technology is dumb, fucking dumb and even if it could be practical, it won't kill the enemy anymore than just normal brass cased ammo.
>>
That rifle looks so fucking bulky god I would hate to shoot that thing. It would be cool and an awesome talking piece but what the fuck that doesn't look good or ergonomic at all.

But as for caseless ammo, I dont think it's necessary.
>>
File: DeniableOps.webm (797KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
DeniableOps.webm
797KB, 640x298px
>>33371962
But anon, you don't want them to know who shot their boys, now do you?
>>
>>33371962
>LSAT CL
>LSAT Caseless Round
>works like a charm (according to the guberment)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.