[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nugget Revolvers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: nugget.jpg (158KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
nugget.jpg
158KB, 460x345px
So, took a trip down to Indianapolis today for the Indy 1500 gun show. First time going down for it, and I was....Kinda underwhelmed, but that's a different rant.

I've always been a fan of older, milsurp and antique firearms, simply from a collectors viewpoint. Naturally, the Nagant revolver is in that group, and I've always kinda wanted one, just for the sake of having one. Decided maybe I'd check around down there today to see if I came across any. Lo and behold, one of the private vendors actually did, much to my surprise. So I go up to ask him about it, chat a bit, and finally get to the price.....

Motherfucker wanted $550 for the fucking thing! I thought that was just ridiculous, so I got home and did some looking on Gunbroker.....They've got a handful, ranging from $200, up to fucking $2,800....Did I miss something, where they discovered that these shitty, mass produced guns were discovered to be made out of literal Mithril or something?
>>
>>33364854
Supply dwindled and prices rose. You missed the boat.
>>
>>33364875
Fuckin apparently. Couple decent priced ones on GB....Meh.
>>
Classic Firearms had some nice looking ones with a repro holster and a cleaning kit for about $300 a couple years back, but I'd rather spend my money on a shooter rather than a collectable.
>>
>>33364854
>gun show
>underwhelmed
No shit, Sherlock. Only idiots go to gun shows to buy guns. The rest of us go to buy jerky and pickles, and to watch the people.

Animal Planet ain't got shit on a 1500 table body odor extravaganza.
>>
File: Silouhette Dan.gif (4KB, 597x605px) Image search: [Google]
Silouhette Dan.gif
4KB, 597x605px
>>33364854
am I the only one that believes that ANY money would be better spent on a decent Makarov or Tokarev ?

Nagant is unpleasant and expensive to shoot.

Unless you want one to complete a collection or you just really want it , I would buy a Mak' or Tok' or just spend money on a better US made revolver (I'm not even American)
>>
>>33365602
mak and tok are garbage, too
>>
>>33365650
Yes , compared to modern designs & high quality production handguns , I totally agree , but we are talking about Russian/Soviet/Eastern Bloc Handguns.
>>
>>33365650
My points still stand that you can find more and cheaper ammo for both the Mak' & Tok' AND they are far more comfortable to shoot.
>>
>>33364854

t. I do not understand the concept of collector's value.

All-original (read: non-refurbished) Imperial era Nagant m/1895 in good-excellent condition plus special versions can be worth a LOT of money.
>>
>>33365650
They aren't, and by any metric they are retardedly better than a Nagant in every single facet, not least of which having ammo offerings that aren't almost entirely relegated to shitty downloaded target rounds.
>>
>>33364854
Gunshows in general the last decade have been underwhelming.

When people want to browse grossly overpriced guns, or sell one and deal with low-ballers and people trying to do ripoff trades they use armslist.

The missoula gunshow used to be pretty great, nowdays like 2/3rds of it is just guys selling molon abe t-shirts, dont tread on me flags, and beef jerky.

The 1/3rd that is milsurp and guns is shitty quality or at best garden varietey stuff.

I remember going as a kid and seeing tables piled with NFA items like fun mode uzis and supressors, all manner of commie block shit, WW2 kit and surplus for DAYS, plastic trashcans full of italian and french bolt guns labled "$100, french, only dropped once" ....

Etc etc. The internet is killing the gunshow.
>>
>>33366220
The good old days you speak of , I assume were some 20 or 30 plus years ago.
>>
>>33366312
Yeah. Theyre gone now. On the plus side theres really good internet deals and guns are easier to buy than ever.

It still makes me a bit sad to go to gunshows nowdays and see that 75% of the stalls arent even selling guns or milsurp though.
>>
>>33365650
Mak is more reliable than... well, everything and more accurate than most.

Fuck you I guess.
>>
>>33366364
the gunshow in tulsa every year is good.

i havent been in state for like 5 years but i hear its still good. lost of people travel there for long rifles and shotguns.
>>
File: 1435554096133.jpg (27KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1435554096133.jpg
27KB, 472x472px
>i didn't buy one of these like five years ago when they were $99
>>
>>33365602
its not a ccw, its a toy or a collectors piece.

a mak or tok should not be considered ccw guns either, or atleast should not be.

a makarov i guess with some work would make a decent back up but thats it.
>>
>>33365957
this.

but i still want mini nugget.
>>
>>33366403
how i feel about almost every surplus gun....

we need to keep tight raps on our surplus glory, and tell people to stop telling their normie friends...
>>
>>33366406
I carried a PA-63 for a while, back when they were still only $150 brand new.
>>
>>33364854
Anyone know where to get that snowflake nugget ammo in Australia?
>>
>>33366406
I use a tok for car carry because autoglass
>>
>>33364854
they were $59.95 a few years back, i shouldve got a couple.

the disparity you see in prices is the difference between russian refurb and actual battlefield bring back. refurbs are a dime a dozen, actual period bring backs with original ww2 finish are very scarce
>>
>>33364854
>gun show
ya dun goof'd

gunshows are a waste of time and money, unless you are a store or a greedy sheeny bastard with chinese bootleg EDC stuff you bought in bulk to scam the hicks, rubes and yokels with.
>>
if you want an old revolver for CCW, get a S&W M&P Model 10 in .38SPL

>>33366220
no the sellers and panic buyers are what killed gunshows.
>>
>>33366406
I do not recall saying anything about CCW.
>>
File: Holy Trinity.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Trinity.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
They're not even worth what they used to go for.
>>
>>33365602
Id love to grab one with a threaded barrel for the novelty of a suppressed revolver that works.

Aside from that, nah
>>
>>33367283

benis
>>
>>33367283
Only the revolver is legal in Australia to own
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.