[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when your father introduced you to firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

File: sonamdissapoint.webm (810KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
sonamdissapoint.webm
810KB, 608x352px
How old were you when your father introduced you to firearms?

Did you handle it responsibly?
>>
File: startemyoung.jpg (25KB, 494x659px) Image search: [Google]
startemyoung.jpg
25KB, 494x659px
>>33363128
He started me off before could walk, he used to carry me on his back when we went hunting and i would pull the trigger while he shoulder and aimed the rifle. I have been shooting guns since before i could remember.
>>
>>33363216

that's illegal in my state
>>
File: 1453483236893.png (57KB, 149x265px) Image search: [Google]
1453483236893.png
57KB, 149x265px
I introduced myself to firearms.
>>
I introduced him to civilian ownership
>he fired a fal sterling 22 enfield trainer and hipower but on military ranges only.
>>
>>33363321
>>he fired a fal sterling 22 enfield trainer and hipower but on military ranges only.

gay
>>
>father
>>
>>33363128
what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>33363425

Father let's his son handle his firearm for the first time
>>
>>33363128
My father didn't introduce me, I introduced him. And I was 28 at the time.
>>
>>33363128
I introduced myself
Only pussies need someone else to teach them a life skill
Let me guess, your daddy taught you to sharpen knives too?
2/10 bait thread
>>
File: 1356474813567.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356474813567.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>33363479
>Only pussies
>>
Real father gave full custody of me to my mother when I was 2. He's a gun nut like I am. I see pics of him with his other family on Facebook through my half sister.

My stepdad is a cuck who religiously watches cnn and posts scientific/mathematical shit on Facebook despite being a high school dropout who knows nothing about any of that and does it so the actual smart people in his family "like" his statuses.

I always loved guns and the day I turned 18 I bought one and put over 2k rounds through it.
>>
>>33363128
9 years old. My dad took my brother and I out somewhere to shoot his old ass AR-7. Learned from that point that guns could be fun but to always be safe
>>
>>33363425
>son: I hate everyone buaaah nobody understand me! :(
>father: kill yourself faggit
>he actually did it the absolute madman
>father: shieeeeeet
>>
>>33363570

treat your stepfather with some respect faggot. You're lucky him and your mom didn't give you away to the orphanage cause you're such a pussy little bitch. Oh and Steven your room smells like cigarettes, I told you to go outside if you want to smoke.
>>
>>33363271
Same here
My whole family is anti-gun, so I actually learned from the internet and forced my mother to go through a background check for one when I was 16.
Had to convince her that it's impossible to kill someone with a .22, which was pretty easy given how surprisingly small rounds are to noguns, especially .22lr.
>>
>>33363128

My father didn't introduce me to firearms. He's a cuck.

Jokes on him, he'll never meet his grandchildren.
>>
>>33363548
>>33363548
faggot
>>
>>33363455
"son this is gun"
(proceeds to flag self and raise shirt)
(son shoots self)
"my idiot son shot himself better slap him before me and my wife go into autistic screeching seizures"

is that about right? I wonder what wonderful country this is from.
>>
I may be self taught in shooting, but my dad sure taught my tight asshole a lesson back in the day.

Maybe that's why I'm such a faggot now? I dunno.
>>
He didn't. I am the one who got myself into guns. Probably started when I first played an FPS video game (battlefield 2 at age 15) and I realized I enjoyed learning about the guns... though I was always into military stuff and learning about "realistic" combat, if that makes sense.
>>
Shot my cousin's rifle once when like 6 years old. Shot my uncle's pistol when I was 12-ish maybe? Joined the military and learned the basics there. Finally got into personal ownership when my friend made a bad purchase on a rifle and then resold it to me because I figured "Why not?".
>>
>>33363256
not in SC, where do you live?
>>
>>33363128

When I was 8 years old my dad started taking me on hunting trips. It was white tail deer and quail down in Bracketville Texas and the first time he let me fire anything was a Winchester 94 30-30 that I remember knocked the shit out of me. He was good about teaching my brother and I about firearms and we both handled it pretty well. The one thing he had no use for was handguns though we are both more into those than hunting now.
>>
BB guns and .22s in indian guides 8 -10 yo. Bought me my own pellet rifle when I was twelve.

My Dad is a good guy but straight fudd. Shotguns and lever guns.

I convinced him to buy our first pistol.

I bought my first semi auto illegally when I was 16.

My maternal grandfather was /k/ incarnate. He decorated his basement with live M1919 machine gun belts. Had over 200 guns.
>>
>grandpa taught my dad and his siblings the basics of safety and shooting when they were young
>dad tells my brother and me he'll take us shooting to teach us the basics
>never happens
>mom has always been an anti gun liberal nutter, dad becomes progressively more anti gun over the years
>buy first gun when I move out
>go shooting for first time with large group of friends at 21
>buy second gun
>end up working in the firearms industry for a bit, shoot all kinds of stuff including automatic and suppressed weapons
>tfw first person in three generations out of entire extended family to be proficient with guns, including militay family members

Feels decent man. At least if I have kids I'll be able to show them everything they need to know.
>>
My father never owned a gun. I'm just now learning to appreciate them at the age of 28.
>>
>>33363128
I love how their reaction to him shooting himself in the head... is to beat him.

XD
>>
Like 6-7 shooting .22s. Very supervised at that age though, like literally just him placing the rifle on me and holding onto it to make sure I didn't point it anywhere wrong and letting me pull the trigger.

By the time I got to 8-9 I was allowed to really handle the gun myself and started to understand gun safety and stuff.

By 10 I had my own .22 target rifle.

At 11-12 I got my first rifle in a full sized cartridge (.308)
>>
>>33363633
>pretending to be me
Ok faggot you wanna go?
You ever get your ass kicked by a Navy Seal?
You are about to
>>33363725
>I like dick in my ass
>>
>8 yo
>Dad doesnt really know shit about gun safety
>Just got taken hunting a lot by his gramps as a kid
>"Here anon, try this Remington 700 out"
>"...okay"
>Shows me how to load the round
>doesn't mention anything about trigger discipline
>Put my finger in the trigger guard out of instinct
>"alright anon, click that button and give her a shot"
>Try hard to move the button, it's practically frozen from poor maintenance
>Hands tense up as I try with all my force to move the safety
>Click..BANG!
>Rife goes off instantly since my hand was stilled squeezed down on the trigger from struggling with the safety
>Barely misses the house by about a foot

That was my first experience with firearms. I've learned a lot since then.
>>
>>33363627
I think it's Singapore. Anyway. He told the kid to kill himself for being a loser and was surprised he actually did it.
>>
>>33363548

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>33363849

I bet he fucked you afterwards too.
>>
>>33363603
are you ok?
>>
>>33364003

>pretending to be me

Stop ruining my trip by trying to get people to hate me! I'm a nice guy irl and I'm hoping /k will help me find a bf.

Stop making me look bad! People will think I'm autistic
>>
>>33363128
I don't think my dad's ever even held a real gun. Hickock45 is my gundaddy.
>>
Start shooting a 410 at age 6 my Great Grandfather received from his father.

Sucks won't pass on family firearms to any sons. Injured in combat
>>
>>33364039

You mean that you're trying to pretend to be me. Which is sad as fuck.
>>
>>33363616
Topkek same here
>>
>>33363479
fatherless jerome detected
>>
>>33364157

I know right. Why the FUCK would anyone wanna be you?
>>
>>33363128
Actually, I introduced him to firearms. I sold him his carry piece.
>>
My dad killed himself when I was 6. Not with a gun, mind you.

I'm 28, just bought my first gun when I was 27. Wish I had gotten into it earlier when surplus rifles were cheaper.
>>
>>33363824
>>33363936
>>33364003
>>33364039
>>33364157
>>33364379
FUCK OFF
I SWEAR TO GOD IF I SEE YOU FAGGOTS IMITATE ME ONE MORE FUCKING TIME
>>
i had sex with a man one time
>>
>>33363616
This.
>>
>>33363128
I mean, there was never a time in my life when I wasn't aware of the firearms in the house
The first time I went shooting was 7 if that's what you meant, and I got my first firearm that was my own when I turned twelve if that's what you meant
>>
>>33363128
My father didn't introduce me to firearms. Boyscouts, and my mother in elementary school. Also my middle school principle did when he taught my class hunters safety, because that was a thing in our middle school.
>>
File: 1486762793026.jpg (2MB, 1600x3084px) Image search: [Google]
1486762793026.jpg
2MB, 1600x3084px
As far back as I could remember. Growing up in a Military family has its benefits.
>>
>>33363475
Same, but I was 22
>>
>>33363128
>how old was I when I introduced my father to firearms?
20. My father was born in central Illinois, grew up in Baltimore, and now lives in central Florida. I bought my first rifle over this past summer (my beloved Mosin) and right before Christmas I took both my mother and father to shoot it and my AR and they both loved them. Before then, neither had fired a gun in their lives (neither were anti-gun, it was just not a part of life). Next time I'm back from uni I'll take em again.
>>
File: 1486617078960.jpg (167KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486617078960.jpg
167KB, 640x600px
>>33363128
He didn't.
>>
I introduced my self to my fathers firearms
>>
>>33363128
I like how you think my dad likes firearms.
>>
>>33364512
Sometimes I lay on my back and peepee into my own mouth
>>
>>33363128
I introduced my father to firearms, He didn't even know that kimbers were 1911s, Despite calling them "the swiss watch of guns"
>>
>>33365143
Isn't that the G11?
>>
>>33363128
Kek, mine was a slack jawed faggot and I introduced MYSELF via a church .22 shoot.

The pansy ass begrudgingly took me, and shot a grand total of two five round magazines in a five hour event.

Meanwhile I was shooting the shit out of little steel chicken shaped cutouts (first shot nailed the head of one btw) and having a blast.
When I'd saved enough cash, he (with much arguing and my mother agreeing with me) let me purchase a rifle for my 13th birthday.
Then he proceeded to be all whiny about me having a gun.
I could go on but I won't.

I will sum this up though.
>some of us had to raise ourselves
Perhaps that's why we're here.
>>
>>33363917
This actually sounds plausible the way he dramatically lays the gun down in front of him, but what is with the smacking him in the head and doing floor exercises?
>>
>>33363128
>thinking i had a father teach me
>had an uncle that tried, but mom was a liberal bitch that made me scared of guns
>play a lot of ww2 and general shooters as a kid
>take interest in guns
>shoot friends bb gun
>want one
>stepdad buys me one
>teach myself everything
>grandpa who was in the memereens back in the 50's teaches me the right way to do stuff.
>mom is still a liberal bitch
>be 23
>almost never talk to her.
>>
>>33365333
Just strict father instinct.
I imagine him saying something along the lines of "YOU FUCKING IDIOT" in his head before falling apart.
>>
>>33365333
The results of centuries of inbreeding on a small island nation.
>>
>>33363128
Not sure. Dad helped us hold the gun which I'm sure was partly to prevent us from pointing it at anyone or pulling the trigger before we were ready to fire so probably 4-6 years old.
>>
>>33363128
Uncle, not father.
Sixteen.
Yes.
>>
>>33363128

He didn't, because he's a libtard.
>>
>>33363479
I haven't seen you in years. I thought you were banned or something.
>>
>>33363479
>Only pussies need someone else to teach them a life skill
Teaching their sons life skills are what fathers are *for*, which you'd know if you actually had one.
>>
>>33365362
Made think of the scene in Monster's Ball where the son kills himself in front of his father.
>>
My dad introduced me to the idea of firearms, but he never got around to teaching me anything or taking me shooting.
I just did it on my own once I got out of poorfag status, but I helped rekindle my dad's interest in guns and now it's a good conversation topic for us.
>>
>>33365411
thats H31A, I don't rightly recall if thats always been his name or if he used to be called Hunter 2-1 Actual. He used to be pretty common here but I haven't seen him in quite some time. But he's a pretty poor shitposter. He only gets annoying when he responds to threads a whole lot and shits it all up.
>>
>>33363256
You live in a shitty state.
>>
>>33363128
I got my first .22 when I was 10. And a 12 gauge when I was 12.

Yes, I handled it responsibly.
>>
My mother introduced me at 13.
She was in the navy and bought in really, really heavy to the moto stuff despite being a paymaster for the first half of her career.
Next time I drop by I'll have to take a picture of her collection.
>>
>>33365347
>dad not in picture
>mom is a liberal bitch
>grandparent teaches life lessons

is your dad black?
>>
>>33363128
>Highschool Junior
>Neighbor takes me and Dad to range because we both expressed interest in shooting
>Spent 2 hours at range
>Had fun
>Got ribs afterwards
It was a good day
>>
File: 9R9P1Q6.jpg (273KB, 1403x898px) Image search: [Google]
9R9P1Q6.jpg
273KB, 1403x898px
I had a BB gun when I was 8 and was allowed to go out shooting cans and such on my Grandpa's farm.
At 12 my Dad gave me his old 16 gauge double barrel and took me varmint hunting a few times.

Was nogunz for many years after leaving home to go to college but recently got back into shooting. Dad's in poor health but he was glad to hear that I got me CCW and we swap stories now. He tells me about his time in Vietnam and I give him greentext range stories from /k/ and talk about new weapons. It's great because he never really wanted to talk about his time in the service before and it's really brought us closer.
>>
>>33364497
Did he drop any good loot?
>>
>>33363128
My dad loves fishing and was never into firearms. He took me and my brother fishing when we were young and when I got to high school all my time was taken up by football and baseball. He made time for one fishing trip every thanksgiving and spring break though. We usually never caught anything besides little panfish but damn if I don't look fondly on the brisket and sausage feast he'd buy us on the way back home from the lake and we'd talk about football or baseball. Now that I shoot once a week and own guns he's been saying he wants to get into firearms and wants to buy a pistol but my work schedule sucks so I can never find time to take him shooting or go fishing. My goal for this year though is for him to own an AR or shotgun and a handgun by Christmas.
My firearms dad is my best friend's pa, and the look of pride he gives me when I outshoot him each week really activates my almonds.
>>
>>33365411
>>33365452
You faggots need to shut the fuck up>>33365380
>>33364512
>>33364732
>>33365132
fags
>>
>>33363128
Literally the first inanimate object I touched was a firearm. I was less than an hour old when my dad put my hand on a shotgun.

My dad took me hunting with him starting at 7 months old, I'd ride around on his chest in a kid carrier.

I fired a gun for the first time when I was 4, a cut-down single shot .22lr.

I killed my first game animal later that year, still 4, a rather stupid pheasant ran out on the trail while I was out with my dad hunting geese. He got on his knees, shouldered his 10ga, and told me to line up the bead and pull the trigger.

I got my hunter's ed certificate when I was 8, the youngest to ever pass the exam in my state. It had a hands-on practical portion where you had to carry a shotgun around this marked trail in the woods and identify game animals and judge distances, the shotgun was longer than I was tall and I beat literally everyone else taking it at distance judging.

I was allowed to hunt on my own, unsupervised, on the family farm starting at 12 (yes this is still legal in my state as long as the kid has a license and hunter's ed cert).

I was allowed to keep and care for my own firearms unsupervised starting at 14.

I'm in my late 30's now and have never had an ND, close call, run-in with the law, or any other fuckup regardless of how minor with a firearm.
>>
16. Dad showed me his buddy's ar15 and P228. I remember having perfect TD and muzzle awareness without him having to explain it to me.
>>
>>33366219
Some of my fondest memories are being out with my dad hunting. They're also some of my earliest.
>dad is Army
>gets stationed on Guam for some reason shortly after I'm born
>be like, 1.5 years old
>dad's out "hunting" feral pigs, I'm riding around on his shoulders
>bunch of little piglets come running by
>dad whispers for me to stay quiet
>giggle anyway, piglets were silly
>they scatter like roaches
>don't see anything else the rest of the day, just out there having fun

Then later, right before we moved back stateside
>be almost 3
>riding around on dad's shoulders "hunting" feral pigs
>hadn't been out more than 20 minutes, it just fucking starts pouring on us
>dad's running through people's back yards trying to get home
>goes to jump a drainage ditch
>slips and slides down the embankment on his ass
>somehow managed to get me off his shoulders and held up in front of him so I didn't get so much as a scratch
>we both end up in the bottom of the drainage ditch covered in mud laughing our asses off
>look on mom's face when we knock on the patio door looking like the Creature from the Black Lagoon was priceless
>>
>>33363128
4 years old, he held me when shouldering it, aiming it for me, i pulled the trigger. it was a machine gun
>>
>>33363805
You're not Zed.
>>
>>33366379
i should mention that that's my earliest memory of holding a firearm. there's a picture of me I think 2 years old, maybe 3, touching a Browning .50 in our living room
>>
>>33365333
They were arguing because the son was lazy. The father dared the son to shoot him then put the gun down. The son used the gun to kill himself. The father thought the son actually tried to shot him so he turned around and smacked him, only to realize the situation.
The weird dance is some culture thing to reverse thing back, I think.
>>
>>33363425
The father thought the son tried shooting him so he turns around and slaps him but than realizes he shot himself.
>>
>>33363805
Its because he thought his son tried shooting him.
>>
>>33363128

I introduced myself and later my dad, because my family was annoyingly anti-gun
>>
>>33363128
When I was introduced? 6.
When he actually took me out to the range? 11.
>>
>>33366419
>They were arguing because the son was lazy. The father dared the son to shoot him then put the gun down. The son used the gun to kill himself. The father thought the son actually tried to shot him so he turned around and smacked him, only to realize the situation.
>The weird dance is some culture thing to reverse thing back, I think.

wtf
>>
>>33363128
I never got introduced by my dad (still have one not a nigger) since he is pacifist.
I fired my first gun when I was 19 in the military
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.