[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a thought the other day, Can a private individual pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gun-factory.jpg (313KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
gun-factory.jpg
313KB, 630x420px
I had a thought the other day, Can a private individual pick up a fire arm directly from a factory instead of having is shipped to a gun store? I mean would it be legal, I can't find anything on google about it.
>>
>>33361953
>human
>able to do things
>2017
Go straight to jail.
>>
>>33361967
What is not allowed is prohibited.

Any serious answers?
>>
>>33361953
Since the factory has a type 07 FFL, that allows them to do everything a type 01 FFL (standard gun shop), as well as manufacture guns for sale.

So yes, provided the factory/company would let you, they could sell you a gun right off of the assembly line. You'd still need a background check done tho.
>>
>>33362021
So theoretically it could be done?
Would they do the back ground check or could the buyer provide the documentation?
>>
>>33361953

Most factories are not FFL retail licenced, they have a different class licence for manufacturing.

The big manufacturers don't even sell to gunshops, they sell to wholesalers who sell to gunshops. While I'm sure there's exceptions, most factories don't want to deal with walk-in business, and will direct you to a retailer.
>>
>>33362048
In theory, yes. It would be like buying it at a gun store. You fill out the 4473, they call it in. You get them gun. But as >>33362057 said, factories don't want walk-in business. They want orders for 100's of guns.

So while they could legally do it, they most likely won't.

Here's a decent guide to how FFL types work.
https://www.ffl123.com/types-of-ffl-licenses
>>
>>33362101
>Here's a decent guide to how FFL types work.

Ah, you're correct, the 07 FFL would give a factory the federal legal ability to sell to an individual, but I would guess few big factories would bother with local retail business permits.

Buying a gun from Ruger would be like going to Ford Motors and trying to buy a truck.
>>
>>33362167
Exactly. While you could legally do it, in practicality, it just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>33362167
>going to Ford Motors and trying to buy a truck
that's more common than you might think.
http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/040-ordering-car-factory.shtml
>>
>>33362237
>http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/040-ordering-car-factory.shtml

>But the truth is, you can't actually order a vehicle yourself, you still need to do it through a dealer.
>>
>>33361953
They probably can but won't. I went on a tour of a factory and wanted to buy a rifle and they sent me across the street to a dealer. I don't think they wanted to have to do the paperwork. I got what I wanted just not directly from them.
>>
>>33362101
Oh shit, a type 8 FFL sounds cool as fuck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.