[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag thread: using airsoft gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

In shops set up for the real stuff, I see chest rigs (for example) costing many more shekels than I'm willing to pay, but on airshit websites, I can find decent chest rigs for around $40.

Sure it's made for airshit, but it holds magazines like it's supposed to. Why spend more on the "profeshunal" gear?
>>
What do you think Arabs use? Amazon air shit gear and they actually see battle not just your typical range trip
>>
Build quality, particularly heaviness of stitching. If you're only ever going to use it at the range, airshit gear is perfectly fine though.
>>
Only use clothing and chest rigs.
They will get some good use
However, do not use airshit gun accessories. Someone post the ksg hand
>>
>>33359619
I have one of these and it's okay, the elastic material wears out really fast though but I only spent like $25 on it so meh.
>>
>>33359619
Holy shit dude you can get the real version of that for not much more

Just go by a Type 81 chicom rig for $20 on amazon
>>
>>33359619

You can get a Chicom chest rig for less than half of that price.
>>
>>33359619
Chicom, AWS LAB belt, Ferro Concepts Slickster, SADF chest rig

Don't buy airshit or Condor. There's no excuse anymore with good gear with proper materials and more importantly stitching and machining coming down in price so much especially good belts where the AWS LAB is literally cheaper than Condor Belts iirc.
>>
>>33359693
>AK chest rig
I'm an ARbro, do you know of a decent AR chest rig that cheap?
>>
File: ''airsoft''.jpg (30KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
''airsoft''.jpg
30KB, 600x400px
>>33359619
>>
>>33359947
What exactly is keeping you from putting ar magazines(which weigh less and are softer on materials) in those pouches.

Some anon was using an sks chest rig to hold 10 magazines at once.
>>
>>33359947
SKS chest rigs with slightly modified loops or AK chest rigs with newspaper in the bottoms. Chicom rigs can be had for $10-20 on ebay and amazon.
>>
File: TRUE.png (1MB, 718x660px) Image search: [Google]
TRUE.png
1MB, 718x660px
>>33359979
>>
>>33359947
>>33359979
as someone who owns a chicom, ar15 mags sit too low in the pouch. two solutions
1. stuff a pair of socks at the bottom of the pouch
2. use magpuls. either magpul brand magpuls, or ranger plates, or just tape and 550 cord.

chicom rigs are great chest rigs, used the world over because they're cheap tough and durable

airshit rigs usually suck because they try to look cool and tactical and are just made of shitty materials and most importantly bad stitching. Stitching is everything. airsoft plate carriers are so bad because the material isn't strong enough to hold plates. After a little hard use, plates will fall out of a condor carrier for example.

so, looking at this matrix carrier, that elastic will weaken pretty quick, 6 mags can be a real bitch on thin not-padded straps

profeshunal gear doesn't just hold magazines
it holds your ifak
it holds water, grenades, radios, lights, batteries, nvgs, navigation equipment, all kinds of shit.

instead of spending those $42 on a shitty rig like that, spend it on a chicom, on a sadf chest rig, idf chest rig, fuck even one of those bosnian split front chicom clones. this milsurp gear will perform far better at a lower price point
>>
>>33359619
www.midwayusa.com/product/2238331409/blackhawk-chest-rig-holds-8-ak-47-30-round-magazine-nylon-coyote-tan

Blackhawk isn't anything special but it will hold together well enough.
>>
File: 1453738115733.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453738115733.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>33359619
Literally just get a chicom
>>
File: 1457378908932.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457378908932.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>33362479
>>
>>33359675
what about using an airshit vert. foregrip?
>>
>>33362730
If you want to end up like that guy that KSG'd his hand, sure. See, cheap ass airsoft accessories tend to be made from equally cheap ass materials like plastic you'd expect to find on a Nerf gun with no support when they're attached to a rail. What ends up happening is you snap the foregrip off if you torque it too much, and worse case scenario your hand somehow finds itself in front of the muzzle or the broken grip takes away from your situational awareness in a combat situation.
>>
>>33362847
KSG hand?
>>
>>33363252
Some guy used a Promag(?) foregrip on a KSG shotgun and it broke off while he was rapid firing and he ended up shooting his hand. It almost happened at the Florida /k/ meet as well, with Kel Tec employees present lel.
>>
>>33363353
Holy fuck, is there an image or screen grab to read?
>>
>>33363353
I dont understand, you are fighting recoil by pulling down and into your shoulder, how the fuck would his hand swing up and out over the fucking barrel?
>>
File: 71-yl00BEkL._SL1024_.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
71-yl00BEkL._SL1024_.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>33359619
There is NO REASON to use airshit gear when you can buy Chinese and US surplus for $20 on Amazon.
Look up
>"Military Outdoor Clothing Previously Issued US GI OD Green Canteen Set with Suspenders"
Comes with battle belt, suspenders, canteen, canteen pouch, and mag pouch that holds 3 thirty round AR mags
>Chinese M63
Can fit 5 AR, AK, or .308 mags, with two addition pouches (fill it with medical supplies)

For $40 you can hold 8 thirty round AR mags, medical supplies, and hydration. It's also slim enough that you can wear it over body armor.

STOP BUYING TACTICOOL AIRSHIT!
>>
>>33363380
Pushing forward I'd assume, its a really short pump action shot gun, since he was mag dumping it he was probably slinging the fuck outta the slide at full force and speed. Savvy?
>>
>>33363380

The faggit most likely broke it while racking the slide forward.
>>
>>33363385
I should also mention that to fit mags in the M63, pull the "lid" to the side so the mags are sticking out.
It has GREAT retention and holds two more mags than the AK rigs in >>33362479 and >>33362489 and since the mags stick out, you get a much better purchase and don't have to undo the pouch and open it to get the mags out.
>>
>>33359693
>>33362479
>>33362489
>>33363385
>>33363490
These

>>33359619
Stop being a faggot and lurk moar
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.