[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep Thread General /PrTG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: Contents 1.jpg (69KB, 533x765px)
Contents 1.jpg
69KB, 533x765px
Ok, this'll likely be my last thread for a little while, I just wanted to put this up and ask you guys one final time before I buckle down and hate fuck this thing until it's complete.

Is there anything else you can see that I'm missing, I think at this point I have pretty much everything however I know I may be overlooking something incredibly obvious.
>>
File: Contents 2.jpg (43KB, 508x754px)
Contents 2.jpg
43KB, 508x754px
>>33357586
I have decided to keep the military/civilian split as it allows me to more streamline my process and not repeat myself to much.
>>
File: pdf View.jpg (387KB, 1197x797px) Image search: [Google]
pdf View.jpg
387KB, 1197x797px
>>33357590
Finally this is just a brief overview, there will be a lot more additions before this is complete however I thought I'd give you guys a taste of it's current scale.
>>
Oh any questions comments and suggestions can also be sent here

Prepperpdf(at)Gmail(dot)com
>>
File: 1489906013448s.jpg (3KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1489906013448s.jpg
3KB, 125x83px
>>33357596
what is this....
>1-80000-COME-ON-NAO
>>
>>33358648
It wasn't meant to be something you could view, it was simply a representation, if you want to see the old PDF draft I can post it again.
>>
Is anyone able to give me a hand putting together a list of pros and cons for bugging in and bugging out respectively?
>>
>>33359132
If I get a chance later on today I'll throw something together and email it to you.

I would suggest that you don't invest a lot of time in this particular format/layout style just yet. I have a couple of ideas regarding that, as well. I'm not talking about a total overhaul, just a couple of changes. I don't know what compilation software you're using, so I don't know how easily you can move things around within the overall structure of the document.
>>
>>33360540
That would be awesome, I'm suing some pretty sophisticated software, you've probably never heard of it, it's called Microsoft word
>>
File: jessica (54).jpg (156KB, 886x602px)
jessica (54).jpg
156KB, 886x602px
> tfw you will never survive a zombie apocalypse with jessica by your side
> tfw you find a cabin in the forest at a ski place and think about how nice it would be to live there with her
> tfw it would be so comfy, just the snow and the owls hooting in the distance and peaceful forest
> not much work to do except chopping firewood and scavenging for food
> it would feel so nice to be close to a woman, to sleep with her, to have her rely on me for protection

In reality I am a skinny no-gunz whose only knowledge of survival is from Boy Scouts and I would die in twenty fucking minutes.
>>
>>33361429
To be fair that's more knowledge that most
>>
File: jessica (107).jpg (247KB, 751x951px)
jessica (107).jpg
247KB, 751x951px
>>33361957
All my attempts at growing food have ended horribly. I grew potatoes the size of my thumb after six months. I wouldn't be able to feed myself let alone myself and jessica as well.
>>
>>33363590
The first time I tried to grow something they withered and died, honestly that's part of the learning curve. Gardening especially when going in as a beginner because there are so many variables it takes a little trial and error no matter how many books or videos or courses you look at, eventually you'll find what works in your area or region and you'll be golden. I'm sure you and Jess will be just fine.
>>
Mr.Mrsa here, jsut remember, most injuries you will see are going to be injuries slightly bigger than the injuries you got as a kid. Be sure to pack lots of small and medium sized gauze. These being 2x2 and 4x4 gauze pieces. Extra bandaids and bottles of neosporin are great. Only irrigate wounds with clean water. I'm going to shill for that sprayable saline in a can. Other than that, remember to have some bars of soap under your sink for backup. Bleach in water can clean blood covered gloves until the smell of bleach is no longer present. IIRC 30 seconds under the bleach water while wearing them. Scrub and pull out.
>>
File: image 4.jpg (218KB, 961x539px) Image search: [Google]
image 4.jpg
218KB, 961x539px
>>33357586
>>33357590
>>33357596
This is great. You have it almost PDF ready? Nice work.
Will you be able to be ITT tomorrow cause I don't have time tonight.
I'm hesitant to do the email thing, my last attempt to communicate with 4vhan was a nightmare.
I can help a lot with being self sufficient as far as bugging in goes. I hate to put a name on just being able to provide for yourself short term or even long term but now just have food for a few months makes you a doomsday prepper.

>>33363590
Did you try and have an actual garden with several plants or just one tomato bush?
>>33363755
>Mr.Mrsa here
What are the chances of a small group of people practicing good hygiene getting something like MRSA or some STAPH infection?
>>
>>33364179
I should be on the thread as long as it's still up and running, I actually made that email specifically as I don't trust half of you guys but yeah if the thread is still up then I'll likely be around.

I've actually spent quite a bit of tonight discussing it with my wife I've actually got at least two more sections to add to the civilian section: Education and reconstruction.
>>
>>33364269
Oh and as far as completion, the military section is now complete, I'm currently working on the civilian side.
>>
>>33364269
>I've actually spent quite a bit of tonight discussing it with my wife
Prepper wives FTW!!!
>>
>>33364290
Hell yeah, who do you think does half my proof reading.

I didn't think she would initially be into it but turns out she sees the value in prepping after a tornado took out power in her town for nearly two weeks.
>>
>>33364306
Yea fuck tornadoes especially.
>>
>>33364359
To be fair they got off lightly the town over were down for nearly a month.

Yippee for Alabama, but now I'm on the gulf coast so it's just hurricanes
>>
CHLORHEXIDINE

You can get gallons of the stuff on amazon for fairly cheap

Good for keeping yourself clean and keeping infection away
>>
>>33364457
>CHLORHEXIDINE
How have I never heard of this? Thanks anon.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorhexidine

Sounds like you want to make sure the ratio of this to sterile water is pretty damn tight.
>>
>>33364179
Depends on your situation. Are you dealing with anyone in health care, child care, elderly care? If not are you dealing with bodily fluids, flood waters, or going into those places where snot flingers and Dr. Pokes alot worked? Staph is everywhere but MRSA is a bit harder to get. Staph lives in your nose and on your skin. Provided you're not rubbing your nose with exposed finger sores/injuries you're okay. Your main concern is preventing the first infection.
>small group of people practicing good hygiene getting something like MRSA or some STAPH infection?
As long as you're not cross contaminating or you're limiting the vectors of contamination from the area where you suspect it is and to the general pop. you're minimal. Pack some clorox wipes in ziploc bags if you're concerned. You can pack 10-15 in the first bag, wrap it in 2 more wipes and stuff in a second back upside down, then finally, stuffed into a third bag upside down. Just like how drug mules pack the MJ. Press out as much air as you can while retaining the liquid inside. When going into an area where you suspect its contaminated, clean control surfaces you need to use EG. lifepak screens/buttons door handles or the silver push spots, light switches, etc. Anything you would touch with your hand. Before going into the clean area, wipe your boots down with a wipe or two, hands, and anything you touched on your person (snaps, buckles, etc) You then destroy or segregate those plastic bags depending on how many baggies, gloves, and other shit you can spare.

>>33364457
Yeah that's where I get most of my shit now. The small bottles of Hibiclense are great and all but the online prices are better. Plus they come with a foamer plunger. Chlorhexadine is commonly used in the medical field especially in dentistry and in the ED. It's common as fuck. Stuff has a shelf life like betadine.
>>
>>33365389
>Bitch related it's me and my pic.

>>33365027
>Sounds like you want to make sure the ratio of this to sterile water is pretty damn tight.
As long as you have it above .08 percent you're good. I've seen the following 0.03-.0.08 for oral hygeine for humans. 0.2 for animals oral hygeine. 0.2-0.4 for human skin. My first uses of it were actually animal dental spray being sprayed directly into the pits after extracting the cores of the sores. 0.2 animal dental spray works if you're trying to be low key or you're in some god forsaken land that won't let you buy chlorhexadine easily or you want to know which places to raid (you local feed and supply stores and petsmart have oral spray for dogs and cats). You're better off with 0.4 percent for good decontamination and less scrub time. Ask any nurse to show you her hands, especially if they work in NICU. They don't have finger prints because of how often they scrub.
>>
>>33365509
>0.03-.0.08 for oral hygeine for humans.
Is the representing 3% to 8 % or 3 hundredths to 8 hundredths of a percent?
0.2 for animals oral hygeine. 0.2-0.4 for human skin.
Same ... 2 tenths or 2%
>>
>>33365558
I'm speaking in percentage of volume. For 0.08 percent I mean if there is 100 drops of that shit in a cup only 8 are pure chlorhexadine. So human dental use and oral rinse is 0.08% by volume. And for clarification, Oral use means dental, don't drink it. That be a bad way to start off the happening... with no gut bacteria.
>>
>>33365558
>>33365614
That's be 3 hundredths to 8 hundredths. I'm retarded at answering sometimes.
>>
>>33365614
>>33365629
This satisfies my autism, thank you both.
>>
>>33364457
>>33365509
eyy that's the stuff in my antiseptic soap for my piercings. 0.3% chlorhexidine
>>
>>33357586
I read the Google Docs draft
I've explicitly asked you not to plagiarize the sections I've written on the SOP and PDCA cycle.

I'd like you to remove the plagiarized sections. I said that I didn't come up with the terms or thoughts behind them and that you are free to research and discuss them yourself how you please. I did ask you not to copy the things I've written about them.

I feel like the content you've taken from me is in no way on the same level and directed at the same trope of people we're writing our guides for. Yours is more written towards experienced preppers or those more focused on military theory and guidelines. I'm keeping mine much more entry-level towards new preppers and abstaining from acronyms or military terminology.

I don't want people to read one and the other and think they are written by the same person or related to each other.

Different authors,
Different audiences
>>
>>33367140
Also,
http://pastebin.com/FhKXrmYh
>>
>>33367140
Calm your ta tas, my good man, as I have said repeatedly, this is a draft in fact I've put the word draft in as many places as physically possible on it. A lot of the things in it are placeholders and subject to change. Im simply leaving them there so that I can order my stuff correctly.
>>
>>33367712
Also if I'm not mistaken some of that stuff was written by Winterrecon where ever he is hiding now.
>>
>>33367712
I just re-read the whole thing.
The introduction in the Prepper Standard Operating Procedure(page 4) wasn't written by me. Might be you, might be Winterrecon. Never heard of that name either.

The SOP itself however, the PDCA cycle, the list of vital infrastructure, the threat analysis and preparedness prioritization sections were just blantantly copied.

If it's a draft you should have no problem with deleting the sections I've written. If you need to have something in place so you can order your stuff correctly, just keep the titles of the sections.
>>
>>33367887
I'm gonna need you to just take a deep breath here and chill, ok buddy? Once I've got my work squared you stuff won't be there, however yours is good reference material. Don't worry your little Dutch head.
>>
>>33367957
So write a nice paragraph in the acknowledgements and link my shit f.am it's all good

As for the pastebin, I'm just finishing up the medical section
>>
>>33367992
That's cool I'll make sure I do that, the draft you guys are seeing there has already undergone a lot of changes, I'm just not going to post a new PDF every time I completely a new paragraph that's all.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.