[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Decommissioned" M45A1 CQBP's for sale on gunbroker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/631022949

Supposed M45A1s actually used by MARSOC are being sold on gunbroker right now. What's the deal? Fake/scam? If not, how the hell did they come into the market?
>>
>>33357379
I don't know if it's real, but why would anyone pay $1,350 for an abused handgun?
>>
>>33357400

Mostly an assumed collector value, some people like the been there done that look. And you can tell people that a Marine Raider, like, totally wasted a dozen ragheads with it or whatever.
>>
>>33357379
>being this dum
>>
If these are legit, then why are there not thousands of surplus M9's in circulation?

The listing says there are 42 of them available. That's a lot of M45A1s. It's hard for dealers to even get them in stock due to how slow Colt makes them. Would a dealer really buy 42 of these just to wear them all down and sell them marked up?
>>
>>33357400
So you can show all the other nerds how cool and gucci you are
>>
File: 1482268069434.jpg (156KB, 700x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1482268069434.jpg
156KB, 700x1055px
>>33358022
Those things were only in service for 5 years, a lot of m9's have been in service for possibly triple that with shitty maintenence cycles and troops that didn't give a shit about them. Clearly these broken rattle traps should be flooding the market.
>>
Didn't these just get adopted? Why did they get dropped so fast? Were they found insufficient for the needs of the modern military, or were they just poorly made?
>>
File: 1424156520764.jpg (67KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1424156520764.jpg
67KB, 600x900px
>>33358314
that reverse image search was very unsatisfying.
>>33358332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qe45Z8wfk
listen carefully
>>
>>33358332
Everything is being replaced by the M17.
>>
>>33358332
Yeah, and they were 1911s so there's the answer to 1-3 of your questions. They adopted glock 19s like everyone else that's sensible.
>>
According to some jerkoff on the 1911 forum, a possible thing that happened is:

>Marine Corps buys them from Colt
>the cerakote wears much faster than it should, maybe it's an inherent flaw of the finish, maybe it was applied poorly, who knows
>Marines complain
>Colt then switches to Ion-bond coating for all new pistols
>Marines send cerakoted pistols back to Colt
>instead of refinishing them at Colt's expense, Colt crosses out the USMC marking because the Marines are salty bitches and sells them to the public at a profit

And then, either
>Entire M45A1 inventory is quietly being written off because it was a stupid idea to adopt such a high-maintenance pistol from a hemorrhaging company for the sake of nostalgia
>Colt is continuing to ship M45A1s with better coating to MARSOC and it will remain in their inventory

>>33358359
Contract has only been accepted by the Army, other branches haven't made anything public, though it is likely.
>>
>>33359340
>for the sake of nostalgia
w-what did he mean by this? Also what was wrong with the original MEU pistols?
>>
>>33358393
>19 instead of 17
>for the military
That's fucking dumb.

Also, glock a shit.
>>
>>33358022
that's not a markup. most dealers (if you could even get one) had an "acquire" price of about 1700
>>
>>33357436
>buying a sig with a sig rail instead of no rail or a real picatinny
>>
>>33359461
glock a shit?
no
its not the best pistol but its simple and most of the world uses it
>>
>>33359428
I think its because the MEU pistol was a bunch of random parts which were then put together and hard fitted by a marine gun smith, and the m45 was a way of having something come from the manufacturer ready.

Dont quote me on this
>>
>>33359340
cerakote sucks

wouldn't surprise me that they would get complaints
>>
>>33359428
They adopted this for nostalgia, what don't you understand about that?

You do realize this pistol was adopted, what, 6 years ago?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.