[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so wrong with the ACR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

What's wrong with the ACR? It seems like a really solid design. Amazing ergonomics, piston driven, left side charging and non reciprocating, folding stock, light recoil. It's an overall improvement over an AR
>>
>>33355673
No aftermarket, no alternative calibers, fairly heavy, barely any customizability, low ability to tailor ergonomics to personal taste, etc. It isn't an overall improvement on an ar. It's worse in quite a few ways.
>>
>>33355673
Bushmaster promised aftermarket support with caliber conversions and different length barrels, and all sorts of customization when it first released, but they pretty much abandoned the platform, so all the poor SOB's that bought these things right away with the intention of being able to swap calibers easily got fucked over pretty hard. Pretty much all the hype around the gun is dead now, and it only took them 9 years or so to finally show some progress being made on different barrel lengths for it at this years shot show. I would love to own one of these in 6.8 if they ever actually fucking released the caliber conversions, but with the way Bushmaster has treated the thing for all these years, I don't trust them at all and would rather spend my money elsewhere.
>>
>>33355673
It's a good rifle, but it's not what we were told it was going to be.

I still remember watching a tv show were they used one in 7.62x39 with different barrel lengths and we're talking about how good it would be for SOF units. Reality hit a few years later.
>>
File: tacticool.jpg (48KB, 586x330px) Image search: [Google]
tacticool.jpg
48KB, 586x330px
>>33355704
>>33355795
>>33355809
So basically it's not what it was promised to be and it's somewhat on the heavy side?
>>
>>33355673
What's wrong is that Bushmaster built a rifle sharing the ergonomics and modularity of the AR-15 and the rock-solid operating system of the AK, promptly generated an exorbitant amount of hype with their advertising and promises on providing a wide array of modification options for every single "hot" caliber out there, then told everyone to fuck off a few years later, there's no custom parts and shit here, if you want that buy a goddamn AR-15.

Seriously, there's more aftermarket parts for a fucking Carcano rifle than for the ACR.
>>
>>33355863
Don't forget the like 4 barrel lengths they promised.
>>
>>33355673
>released none of the mods they promised
>bushmaster quality
>1:9 twist
>8 lbs unloaded with a 16" barrel
>M4 profile barrel
>non-reciprocating charging handle
>retarded msrp
It'd be easier to list what they got right with the damn thing.
>>
>>33355912
>inb4 scrublords talk shit about reciprocating charging handles
>>
Nothing at all with the newer models, I love mine
>>
>>33355673
Inferior to the Scar
>>
>>33355938
Given the heavier front end does it have much drag transitioning between targets?
>>
>>33355673
Its gay and only call of duty players like it.
>>
>>33356024
Not that I can tell. Like I said I love this rifle and plan to SBR with a 1:7 barrel
>>
File: 1485315273722.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485315273722.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>33356117
You put the nail in the coffin. I'm buying one because of you. Congrats.
>>
>>33356039
Ur gay
>>
>>33355673
Because fucking Remington:
>Fucking Remington manufacture.
>Fucking Remington fucking it up.
>Fucking Remington not delivering on the promised caliber conversions.
>Fucking Remington removing the caliber conversion feature when doing fucking warranty work to fix the problems they fucking caused.
>Fucking Remington charging out the ass for their abortion

Basically, the ACR is fundamentally a good concept, but the problem is fucking Remington.
I hope they go out of business so the ACR becomes public domain.
>>
>>33355673
>improvement over an AR
If you think a piston and a folding stock is vital, lol.

It's a good design but the AR is king for a reason.
>>
>>33355673
The ACR itself is good, it's the absolute fucking it's gotten over the years from shit manufacturers that makes it a bad deal.
>>
>>33355863
>ACR
>rock-solid operating system of the AK
The ACR has a short-stroke gas piston and it is a derivative of the AR-18.
>>
>>33356303
WORKSAFE BOAR-

oh
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.