[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bayonet thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: sokolov.jpg (128KB, 861x624px) Image search: [Google]
sokolov.jpg
128KB, 861x624px
>want to get into bayonet fencing
>Literally no one to practice with
>too autistic to find people
>the local HEMA group said they don't do pole arms
>completely impractical
>time would be better spent with an air rifle indoors
>or practicing drawing my CC
At least I can shitpost here about them
>>
>>33353365
Probably because bayonet fencing doesn't exist you moron.
>>
File: 15844882536_cb8b3afe2d_b.jpg (204KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
15844882536_cb8b3afe2d_b.jpg
204KB, 731x1024px
>>33353467
Wrong again
>>
>>33353365
where do you lift? if you are europoor, maybe I can help.
>>
>>33353365
what city you in Anon?
>>
>>33353467
>Probably because bayonet fencing doesn't exist you moron.

people bend stuff like nails, pans and pots for fun as a sport. you'd be surprised what kind of fringe sports exist...
>>
>>33353969
>>33354035
Never tried to stab anyone with a Kabar except McMap. But ok.
>>
>>33354130
nobody is saying it's a practical skill. which it is though I put to you. if you fence regularly and semi-seriously you'll have hand-eye-speed-coordination which will let fend of the average knife attacker with ease.
>>
>>33354162
>fend of the average knife attacker with ease.
I don't think any serious martial artist would claim that... even for the most experienced practitioners, knives are an extremely dangerous threat that you'd be stupid to scoff at. Knife defense is a risk-laden gamble at best.
>>
>>33354230
>I don't think any serious martial artist would claim that

bc "serious martial artist" are cosplayers who do not, or hardly ever, spar at full force. they don't have the gear for it. and if they do, it's the wrong gear. going at it with cold steel rubber daggers and shooting glasses/swimming googles isn't fighting. it's asking for loosing an eye in an accident. in two weeks of fencing you'll get more time free fighting than in a life time of krav maga.
>>
>>33354274
People who practice any art that spars a lot understand something really important. Fighting an untrained opponent is totally different from fighting a trained opponent... often more dangerous because a) they're unpredictable and erratic, fighting with no recognizable pattern that bypasses your muscle memory and b) they often completely disregard their own safety that can and will create scenarios of "double killing" where they suicide themselves but seriously maim or kill you in the process.

Knife defense is serious business, period. Nobody truly competent takes it lightly.
>>
>>33354318
Tautology: the post
>>
>>33354351
Just trying to get across a pretty important (imo) idea. Forgive me if I commit a logical error in the process.
>>
>>33354162
If you actuary believe that, you're a dodo. Fending off a knife attack isn't ever done "with ease"
>>
File: rosalie-5[1].jpg (58KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
rosalie-5[1].jpg
58KB, 600x541px
What rifle do you practice with?

>>33353467
Nigga, please.
>>
>>33354230
The most well trained martial artist (also a combat vet) I know repeatedly has said that anyone who doesn't run when someone else pulls a knife is a dumbass that deserves to end up in a hospital.

I don't think he came up with this saying, but he also often says "If you lose a knife fight, you'll die in the gutter. If you win a knife fight, you'll die in the operating room".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.