[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what guns does /k/ keep in their truck? i keep a glock 20 under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: glock_20.jpg (29KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
glock_20.jpg
29KB, 500x347px
what guns does /k/ keep in their truck?

i keep a glock 20 under the back seat, with 3 mags loaded. and an lcp in the center console. if anyone has suggestions to changes, im all ears.
>>
I just have my EDC piece on myself - glock 26 - so no truck/car gun.
>>
>>33351602
i was thinking of putting an AK or AR under the back seats. think its a good idea? maybe a couple thousand rounds under the seats.

so in case the zombies ever come, i dont need to drive back to my home to be prepared. ive put a lot of thought into this, and i dont want to overlook anything, so i was hoping someone on /k/ would give a suggestion or two.
>>
File: IMG_20170206_192553.jpg (764KB, 1765x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170206_192553.jpg
764KB, 1765x1310px
>>33351527

My beat up 870 Police Magnum trade-in w/ folding stock and 00 buck
>>
>>33351684
that makes me hard
>>
>>33351527
Cc on me, used to keep a single shot .410 in my truck, no longer have a truck, don't have a good place to stash a shotgun in my compact car
>>
Cheapo AR and a chest rig behind the back seat, and a snubby in the coin drawer.
>>
>>33351527
>what guns does /k/ keep in their truck?

Why would I need an extra gun in my truck when I have as fullsize on my person? Am I going Akimbo?
>>
>>33351684
I had the chance to get a mossberg 500 in this configuration. I regret not getting it
>>
>>33351527
M92 PAP SBR, about a half dozen 30rnd mags assorted Yugo/DDR/Magpul, a 20rnd pmag in the gun itself, and a 75rnd anti-protester drum, all Wolf Military Classic 124gr HP, plus an extra 500 rounds in 20 round paper bags in a box in a backpack.
Silencerco Omega and an ASR mount.
>that's dumb
It's not as dumb as being somewhere without a rifle 60 hours per week.
>>
>>33351527
GLOC/K/
L
O
C
/K/
>>
>>33351640
If you want your guns stolen yea its a fantastic idea.
>>
>>33351640
>i was thinking of putting an AK or AR under the back seats. think its a good idea? maybe a couple thousand rounds under the seats.
Just build it really well so thiefs cant tell from the outside and make sure it has a lock.
>>
>>33351527
>mfw I live in communist NY and can't keep something like that in my truck without worrying about niggers stealing it or getting ass fucked by the law
>>
>>33352169
This. There have been 3 threads in the last 3 months on here about you retards getting guns stolen out of your cars.

Stop leaving guns in cars, you fucking morons.
>>
>>33351527
>keeping a gun in your car
Hope you like getting needlessly ass-fucked by green/overzealous cops & never travelling over state lines.
>>
>>33352169
>>33352569

This. "Truck guns" is basically saying "I will have my guns stolen".

How many of you have had your house broken in to? How many have had a vehicle broken in to? OK not a good data pool because most of you are under 18 but the reality is your vehicle will get jacked 100 times before your home, you are giving guns away leaving them in there.
>>
>>33352622
Forget breaking into. You can just take the car. Can't do that with a house.
>>
File: 1475653195639.jpg (147KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1475653195639.jpg
147KB, 600x534px
>>33351527
>in their truck?

Is this some weird meme for people who can't CCW for some reason?
>>
>>33352682

It's for people who have fantasies of mowing down browns in "self-defense" >>33352117
>>
>>33351527
One of the euro trade in 92s locked in the trunk with a couple spare mags. I have my edc on me so having a pistol right away is covered part of my logic is if need be a have a spare for a buddy/covictim
>>
>hurr ur guna get stoled
and yet your car has never been broken into
>>33352708
Nah, it's really just for impromptu range time. I wouldn't trust my life to any AK drum except the uber rare 100 round Chinese ones that go for $400.
>>
>>33352169
>>33352569
>>33352622
are people just leaving their gats visible with a simple peak in the window?

i was thinking about getting a henry ar-7 and throwing it in my ride. just tuck it under a seat, maybe wrap it in a blanket, and no one should be tempted to bother breaking in.
>>
>>33352763
Seeing a radio is enough reason to check if the door is unlocked, and if it is, everything else is game.
>>
>>33352795
>pretending an unlocked vehicle is a thing
Nigger, no. They deserve it.
>>
>>33352816
what?

I'm genuinely having a hard time understanding what you're on about anon.
>>
>>33352752
>and yet your car has never been broken into

yes, usually you will be ine until you do stupid shit like leaving valuable stuff in your car. first time I left new electro tools and a chainsaw in my trunk it was promply broken into. leaving shit in the car is like carrying unchambered.
>>
>>33351527
It's 2017. I own lots of guns. Who the fuck owns a truck? We got little dick syndrome?
>>
Messed up ugly little .22 revolver. Mainly for the random roadside snake encounter.

If I go into town I keep my CCW and if I'm going /out/ I have a variety of guns I might take.
>>
Do. Not. Leave. Guns. In. Your. Car.
>>
>>33352763
What if they want to steal your car? What if they see something else they want to steal?
>>
File: itchy_dubya.jpg (31KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
itchy_dubya.jpg
31KB, 620x400px
>>33352569
>tfw had two different cars broken into in two different states
>incident 1: Ash tray broken beyond repair, approx. $2.73 in change, mostly grody ass pennies stolen from said ash tray
>incident 2: nothing broken, everything entirely untouched save the ugly prepaid cockroach-like bar phone used as a spare in the glovebox and a copy of Ice Age on DVD on the seat
Criminals are strange
>>
>>33353040
Probably got hit by crackheads rather than actual thieves.
>>
Is ripping the radio out of the console still a thing or are people suspicious of nogs trying to offload factory car radios?
>>
A 37mm autocannon mounted in the bed of my '94 ranger
>>
>hurr dey stoled muh tools
If you left unobscured tools in a vehicle you deserved th get them stolen.
>hurr someone broke into my car for change
Yep, a tweaker will break into a car for $2 in change. If you don't leave shit lying out openly then your car doesn't have anything in it.
>>33353114
Unless you're a poorfag driving an old-ass car, no one wants your radio and even methheads know it. Modern radios are VIN-specific and have no retail value.
>>
>>33353114
>Is ripping the radio out of the console still a thing
They just take the whole car now
>are people suspicious of nogs trying to offload factory car radios
A fence already knows they are buying stolen property
>>
>>33351527
A WASR10
A Ruger GP100
A Ruger Mark IV
>>
>>33353252
>living amongst niggers

Where I live people leave their engines running while they go into the gas station to buy lottery tickets and burritos.
>>
>>33351527
Every car on my atreet got broken into this week. One guy lost a glock and another lost a shotgun. Don't keep guns in your car/truck.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489683311283.jpg (83KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489683311283.jpg
83KB, 1080x1080px
I have 2x10" subs under the back seats of my truck, sanic warfare
>>
>>33351527
My .300blk AR lives behind the back seat of my Tacoma. Despite being a 14.5" p+w it actually fits in the miscellaneous storage bin and I was even able to fab a bracket for it so it's not rattling around back there.

There's also a USGI bandolier with 6 mags in with it.

Plus I almost always have my CC on me, which is an LC9S Pro.
>>
>>33352635
Unless you've got a repo truck or a God of hotwiring, no you really can't.

Unless someone's retarded enough to leave the keys in it.
>>
>>33352708
Or, like me, people who have farms and a need to dispatch animals stuck in fences, livestock too sick/injured to recover, or blast things like barn cats and possums.
>b-but why you shoot kitty?
Same reason I shoot skunks, possums, and coons on sight. They're absolute hell on the local quail and pheasant populations and are a known and proven disease vector for my livestock.
>>
>>33352845
He's saying that if you're dumb enough to EVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES leave your car unlocked, you deserve to have everything in it stolen.

Doubly so for people who leave their fucking KEYS IN THE GODDAMN CAR.
My neighbor has had 7 trucks stolen in the last 10 years because he leaves them unlocked with the keys in the ignition parked on the curb of the major through-road of our subdivision with valuable/sensitive shit like his work laptop and golf clubs clearly visible in the back seat.
>>
>>33352929
>what if they want to steal your car?
Well unless they are either a master car thief and it's 1990 or you left your keys in it, fat chance of that happening.

Your average street goon or joyriding teenager is literally incapable of hotwiring a car built after about 1990, and anything built after around 2000 is simply not capable of being hotwired.
>>
>>33357552
What is a dolly? Most people don't use their parking brake. Flatbeds are a pretty common way to steal cars, too.
>>
File: 1489928752244.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489928752244.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>truck

I'm not a redneck, sorry

YEEE HAW GOD BLESS MURRICA
>>
Glock 20SF
>>
>>33352622
THIS.

I've had my car broken into twice, my brother also twice and once stolen. Mum around ten times or so and my dad the same.

Never had anyone break into our homes, although when I was staying back home when I was younger there was a guy sneaking about out back during the night but I spooked him and he bolted.

Cars are any easy target, homes are not.
>>
>>33355391
If you do that you deserve to get your car stolen.
If you do that with guns in the car you deserve to get your car and guns stolen.
>living amongst niggers
>living amongst tweakers
>living amongst rich people
two bad ideas and one unaffordable, with nowhere in between.

C'est la vie.
>>
>>33357645
Why did they cut out the part at the end where he rapes it?
>>
>>33357666
Nice try Satan
>>
>>33352054
think about trying to get to the safety on a mossmaster 55018539a1 quickly and easily when it has a stock like that, youll stop regretting it pretty quick.

Pistol grips are for remchester 8700s.
>>
>>33352117
>775 rounds in truck
Sweet fuck anon, if you do have to defend yourself, the cops will look at that and think you were out looking for a fight
>>
I don't have a truck. I have my Fn p90 with 2 50 round mags and my bugout bag with my glock 19.
>>
>>33357945
Plus, what if you get in an accident or something?
>>
Disclaimer: I am not against CCW at all. There are times when it's a very good idea.

That said, I keep wondering what kind of shitty neighborhoods all of these anons live in that they literally need a gun with them everyplace they go. House gun, truck gun, carry gun... I forget whether it was here or 8 /k/, but there was a thread a week ago about which guns people keep in the bathroom so they can have a gun in arms' reach when they're in taking a dump. Seriously, what kind of horrifying nightmarish ghettos do you all live in where you can't even take the chance of not having a gun on you for the five minutes it takes to pinch one out inside your own house?

Again, I'm as pro-2A as the next guy around here, but seriously...
>>
>>33351527
a shotgun.

i carry a g19, if my handgun cant handle it its probably a bear. people dont tend to start shit with rifles.
>>
>>33359263
You might be "as pro-2A" as you claim (which I'm gonna call out as a bold-faced lie), but you sure don't fucking think.

Sometimes shit happens at the most inopportune times, someone's not gonna sit around and confirm that you have your CCW on you before they commit some kind of violent crime against you.

Nowadays anything can happen literally anywhere. I was once in one of the nicest, whitest parts of town when I saw a group of urban youths jump this unfortunate black kid and his white girlfriend. It was one of those kinds of family places people would feel totally safe around, but of course Murphy is ever present.

I will admit that people can get excessive (referencing the anon with "thousands of rounds" of ammunitioncin his truck) in their journey to live out their wild fantasies, but if you have the income there is nothing wrong with having all your bases covered.
>>
>>33353258
And then tries to sell it to an interested buyer. If said interested buyer suspects it's stolen, then the value drops.
>>
>>33351527
1911 in the center console with 4 mags.

I know, I know. 1911 fanboi bullshit. I just can't buy anymore in MD because I refuse to fucking comply with all the shit they want from you for a handgun licence.
>>
>>33359263
threads like whats your shower/shitter/pantry fun are usually joke threads lol. People carry everyday for the same reason you have homeowners insurance, or the inverse of why people buy lottery tickets. Not to mention violence is much more common than you likely think, survey based statistics in the mid 1990s found that the average american had an 80% likelihood of being the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime. while it's true that crime rates have decreased a lot since then one would still expect that based upon todays approximately 25-30% lower crime rates that the average individual would have a ~60% chance of victimization if born today. This combined with the findings of other statistical analysis of the outcomes of violent crime relative to the actions of victims which found that the safest course of action, more so even than capitulation or running, is armed self defense with a firearm makes EDC a rather prudent choice. 90% of DGUs don't involve a weapon being discharged either, so the arguments against it are pretty much relegated to being lazy, afraid of hurting another, or unduly worried about the opinions of others.
>>
>>33351826
>Am I going Akimbo?
Why not?
>>
I keep my mp shield in my center concel also a mossberg under the back seat.
>>
>>33352682

>he doesn't level up his EDC

You spend your day dozens of miles from your home, why wouldn't you pack a few extra things in the vehicle that spends the same day a hundred yards away in the parking lot?

If someone gives me the choice between getting back to my house with the items on my person or in my bag, and getting back to my house with the items in my truck (even if not the truck itself), I'm taking the latter.
>>
>>33359263
I live in the south, what used to be a very nice neighborhood has very quickly deteoriated thanks to immigration, urban sprawl, section 8 housing, but mostly because people these days glorify thug culture or what ever the fuck you call it.

I keep a pistol on me at all times. Checking the mail, cooking food, etc... I've never had to shoot anyone but have drawn at a few people, the police don't come on time even though our HOA fees pay for there to be a sheriff substation inside our subdivision.
I became this "paranoid" if you will when I saw one of my neighbors dragged out of his work van one afternoon and beaten in the front yard. They broke his window with a brick and yanked him out. Didn't even take the van just his shitty Razor flip phone, called 911 and they didn't come. It's only become worse since then.
>>
>>33360255
you may want to move, anon. ounce of prevention and all that. although i suppose i can understand a fuck them i was here first attitude in that sort of a situation
>>
>>33357621
Dollys don't work on AWD cars and there's maybe a dozen car thieves in the US currently that even have access to a flatbed.

Also that's a really really good way to get caught because they're loud and slow methods and everybody notices the repo man to start with.
>>
>>33361120
>A dozen car thieves in the US that have access to a flatbed

How do you know that information?
>>
>>33351527
I keep my SLR107 in my trunk.
>>
>>33361120
>Dollys don't work on AWD cars
Full time 4WD vehicles are about 1% of the cars on the road. Obviously exaggeration, but they're not very common.
>there's maybe a dozen car thieves in the US currently that even have access to a flatbed.
Yea, uh, no. I've even seen car thieves use hired flatbeds to do thefts.
>everybody notices the repo man to start with.
Maybe if you live in some uppity suburban HOA type neighborhood. In the rich areas the houses are too far apart to notice and everyone else doesn't give a fuck about your business.
>>
>>33351527
>driving a truck
>in 2017

enjoy paying $60 at the gas station homos
>>
>>33351527
used to keep a Sub2K under the seat when I lived in Southside Virginia.

When I moved to Connecticut, I stopped carrying because it's fucking Connecticut with stupid laws.

But ever since I saw a group of people put a semi-pulverized durr out of it's misery with a fucking hammer, I said fuckit and now carry a .22 mag Heritage Rough Rider in a toolbox for just this sort of situation.

Goddamn savages up here that'd allow a critter suffer because of their gun laws.
>>
>>33351527
why would you purposely cuck yourself by making the less effective gun the easier one to grab before the 20?
>>
>>33359263
I carry because it's modern martial arts. I'm a gentlemen and I'm versed in procedural techniques to protect my people and me.

Do you wear a seat belt? Own condoms when you are single? Brush your teeth? Avoid bad foods?

Why not carry a gun too? It's actually the best part.

Also full physical control over your microcosm world.
>>
File: 1488219526227.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488219526227.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>carrying a gun in your vehicle
>>
>>33361685
Why?
>>
>>33351527
What's a truck?
>>
>>33352763

Why the fuck would you have a rifle in your car? Literally the only scenario in which a car rifle is better than a pistol is incase of bear/moose
>>
>>33361941

Carrying a rifle/shotgun in your car serves no practical purpose and your pistol can often be on your person
>>
I keep an M&P9C with a 17 round magazine
>>
>>33361315
It's actually approaching 50% with the humongous surge in all-time awd small SUV's and crossovers, which are now the largest segment of the auto market in the US. Factor in the people that routinely use their parking brake and cars that can be dolly'd drops to about 25-30% of all cars worth stealing (IE not a mid-late 90's shitbox).
>I've seen car thieves use hired flatbeds to do thefts
Where the everliving fuck do you live? The studio that does the Fat and Furious movies, or Rwanda? Because that literally never actually happens in real life.
>>
>>33362523
>>33362815
I have a rifle and pistol in my truck with an emergency bag. I go fishing up an in a very very wooded location where my cabin is during spring and fall. There is no AAA for miles let a lone a cell tower. If I have to walk I want to make sure I am geared for emergencies and or safe in my cabin. AR-15 with .223 and 9mm is all I need. Mmm Walleye.
>>
>>33357661
where do you live?
>>
>>33362934

The idea of a "truck gun" is that it's something you leave in your truck all the time.

If you only pack up those guns for when you go fishing I wouldn't consider them truck guns.
>>
I holster my ccw onto my dash holster, and keep 2 33rd mags in the console. if i need somwthing bigger than a glock with 84 roundsat hand, ive severely fucked up, and should have been driving away a long time ago.
>>
>>33362951
His "broken in to" is he either left the windows down or the door unlocked and either a bum or a shitty teenager cleaned out his penny tray and stole his half-smoked blunt from the ashtray.
>>
>>33363011
They are always in normally but I take them in the cabin as I dont store shit there. Dont want anyone who breaks in once think they will score doing it again.

Basically at home I dont need a simple 1st gen M&P 15 sport & Taurus PT809. Up in the woods? Damn straight I want it on me. Plenty of black bears come around, not really a threat unless its a cub and mom is nearby. Wolves in packs are also a concern as it is just me outside cleaning perch and bluegill sometimes muskie.
>>
>>33351527

>I have a glick 20

> posts a stock photo

Why do people lie online?

What do they gain from these casual delusions?
>>
>>33363196
why would you lie about something so boring
>>
>>33363011
Also to be fair I am looking at getting a hi-point 45 to hide in the cabin so I stop having to take out the 9mm. Trying to figure out the best way to keep it hidden even if broken into. It comes down to cost vs risk. I need to hide a handgun, 300+ rds ammo and cleaning kit.
>>
>>33362844
>It's actually approaching 50% with the humongous surge in all-time awd small SUV's and crossovers, which are now the largest segment of the auto market in the US. Factor in the people that routinely use their parking brake and cars that can be dolly'd drops to about 25-30% of all cars worth stealing (IE not a mid-late 90's shitbox).
Full time 4WD is almost always an option. Yes, it's an option on a lot more vehicles these days, but it's still fairly uncommon.
> Factor in the people that routinely use their parking brake
Basically no one with an automatic transmission.
>Where the everliving fuck do you live?
Near car thieves. I'm not sure why you're trying to argue with me with your made up numbers.
>>
File: 1489274794083.jpg (48KB, 605x434px) Image search: [Google]
1489274794083.jpg
48KB, 605x434px
>>33351527
>truck
I don't drive a truck because I'm not a wasteful, selfish, small-dicked faggot.

If I were to ban a single vehicle from the road, it would be pickups. They do nothing a van can't, are uncomfortable, wasteful, and have the worst drivers.

Truck cucks need to be gassed.
>>
>>33364142

I was doing site recon in a cornfield in West Tennessee a few years back and our survey team from Jackson showed up in an Econoline with their gear. They got stuck in the middle of an irrigation ditch and I pulled them out with my truck then drove their dumb asses to their control point.

The moral of this story is that you're going to get eaten and/or raped to death by zombies and/or feral blacks during the apocalypse when you get stuck in the Interstate median trying to flee to your BOL. In your gay-ass van.
>>
>>33364410
I'm not sure why you think a truck wouldn't get stuck in a ditch. Every full size pick up has awful approach, departure, and, especially, breakover angles.
>>
>>33364142
>I don't drive a truck
I don't either but many people have legitimate uses for a truck. Additionally, in <current year> there's plenty of vehicles that get shittier mileage than a decent light truck that you're probably not yelling at, if you're going that route.
>>
>>33364638
>there's plenty of vehicles that get shittier mileage than a decent light truck
I can't think of many that are worse than a full size pickup, outside of sports cars which aren't that common. Not saying no one has a use for a truck or that you shouldn't drive one if it's your only car. The only thing that I wonder about is why someone would want to drive a full size pickup as a daily driver. It's so lacking in maneuverability.
>>
>>33351527
I have a truck gun, but I am a property manager out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. Its a 870 magnum with slugs because bears.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.