[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamland - Nevada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 13

File: a51.png (1MB, 1181x638px) Image search: [Google]
a51.png
1MB, 1181x638px
Hasn't someone never talk about what they are doing there ?
>>
>>33351176
Stephen Grier, if you believe any of his tripe. Find it hard to imagine they would just let one of their scientists (who would have signed multiple secrecy acts, of which the terms for breaking would be lifetime incarceration) go and talk in detail about their most secret of secret facilities.
Hes most likely just a good bullshit artist.
>>
>>33351176
The headquarters for the tooth fairies and international depository of baby teeth.
>>
>>33351356
>>33351356
This guy sounds like bullshits...with and without your explanation... thank you anon.
The nearest of the truth i can find is you tube footage of guys going by the 30 miles cross lane and encounter camo dudes...

8ch or thor is needed i think to go through this
>>
>>33351176
Maybe it's just really not that interesting? maybe that's where they (The US Gov) hides all the kinder eggs.
>>
Some guys on /b says that dfw airport hides more than a51
>>
>>33351176
Someone did:
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/21/opinion/la-oe-turley-area-51-20130821

>When workers at Area 51 first came to me in the 1990s, they described how the government had placed discarded equipment and hazardous waste in open trenches the length of football fields, then doused them with jet fuel and set them on fire. The highly toxic smoke blowing through the desert base was known as "London fog" by workers. Many came down with classic skin and respiratory illnesses associated with exposure to burning hazardous waste. A chief aim of the lawsuits was to discover exactly what the workers had been exposed to so they could get appropriate medical care.
>>
>>33352103
The behaviour of US gov trying not to avoid the UFO trend is telling me that they prefer us to believe on UFO shit than having an idea of what they are doing (Chemical disasters, nasty things, experiments issues ..ya know, americans doin americans)

The UFO like mouse button on google map, the fact some roads around groom lake are called 'E.T. roads' etc... and the diversion is runnin perfectly
>>
>>33352103
>http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/21/opinion/la-oe-turley-area-51-20130821

This ' london fog ' affair isn't the hottest of all i hope
>>
File: DCS_3-15-2017_00002.jpg (204KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
DCS_3-15-2017_00002.jpg
204KB, 628x472px
>>33351176
would it be possible to fly a fpv plane over it

mine.

picture related
>>
>>33352350
Fucking surely, u must have batteries to takeoff 30 miles away..because you can't come closer.

Then, of ourse your drone might be shot.

The question is how you destroy the remote controller, every proofs but the footage, and get ou of it avoiding arrestation or worst..?

We need image or story from the inside !
>>
>>33351176
Because you'll get put in jail for the rest of your life if you do

>>33351548
It's probably not as interesting as the hype but for sure there are probably some interesting secret airframes that are flying/have been flown there

>>33351819
fucking kek
>>
>>33352350
They probably have SIGINT watching for drones, it would just get jammed and captured.
>>
File: ciudad de mexico.jpg (548KB, 1400x786px) Image search: [Google]
ciudad de mexico.jpg
548KB, 1400x786px
>>33352433
what about a high altitude long range surveillance plane?

look up sky observer fpv plane on youtube, i'm in the process of getting mine ready for a 30 hour flight over the shitty side my delegation.

this is what i'll be flying over for 30-40 hours
the crappy side. I always capture some crazy shit when I lower the altitude and speed.

picture related.
>>
>>33352531
how high can they detect a drone flying?

my sky observer can go way above cloud coverage if it needs too.
>>
>>33352566
DO THIS !!!
Nice pic mate, it should do well for a51 if you go there.
The fact is still u'll never see ur drone again...buy you're right, truth demands a drone sacrifice !
>>
>>33352580
Then if you have a 2000% zoom.. why not
Or try to catch flying crafts maybe..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqpVweK3tk

Some one gave this on otha thread.
The fact is i smell bullshits...
other fact is that guy knew for "S4 " Facilities
>>
>>33352616
i don't have alot of zoom, i use 3 cameras on my SKO and the 2 I use for capturing real time feed are not 1080p just yet. but im working on it.

fucking mexico is not thinking about banning drones and fpv like america.

another shit government trying to take freedoms away from people little by little.
>>
>>33352433

Use a balloon.
>>
>>33352606
fpv drones are cheap.

90% foam really.

what I care about is my antenna and camera, those are not so cheap.

would they really arrest me?
or just tell me to fuck off?
>>
>>33352580
Unknown but they would see the remote signals coming from it being controlled, you would have to preprogram a route using GPS and have it fly on its own without recieving any signals from the ground. They watch for sattelites, so a drone even at 20k feet it would still be seen on radar. I'm sure they have already planned for someone trying this.
>>
>>33352687
they have signs at the border saying flying drones over are illegal.

even if you did flyover you wouldn't see anything since all the interesting things are in hangars during the day
>>
File: screenshot45465.jpg (172KB, 1124x892px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot45465.jpg
172KB, 1124x892px
>>33352716
>you would have to preprogram a route using GPS and have it fly on its own without recieving any signals from the ground.

that can be done. it's a popular form of auto pilot.

I use it sometimes, but it takes the fun and practice out of piloting my drone.

picture related.
>>
>>33352716
Yep, road sensors, so .. yep: automatically remoted, GPS tracked, a tons of luck..

>>33352738
Yes, we know everything is fucking unauthorized there.
But definitely doing this at night should be fucking awesome with nigt vision camers..

>>33352687
As iam watching some videos on you tube about bikers on groom lake roads crossing the lane and stuff, i can say i'm woring for you just to get the drone out your trunk.

Do what anons said, stay away and use Automatic flight, and wear a false moustache..
>>
>>33352738
your probably right.

the best thing i've caught was over a police station, they make the women officers wash the police cars. lol I love machismo

fuck feminism. wash those cars bitch.
>>
>>33352797
even at night there's no guarantee you'll see anything. they often fly on moonless nights and low moon nights

>>33352800
based
>>
>>33352813
>they often fly on moonless nights and low moon nights

Are you guessing or tellling ?
>>
>>33352813
mexico city, mexico.

the police are complete and utter pieces of shit here.

they use little kids as alcones (watchmen)
they give them cellphones and money and tell them to call them when there are suspects near by.

too fucking lazy to do any real police work.

i really wish I could arm my drone. then I could do the police work, like you americans do in Afghanistan. that shit is awesome!
>>
>>33352800
>they make the women officers wash the police cars. lol I love machismo
Kek
>fuck feminism. wash those cars bitch.
Fuckin keke
>>
>>33352873
can we get a drone appreciation thread going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-Ory1VIBo

god how I wish I could buy one!!
>>
>>33352899
You can get what you want, just create a thread, don't use mine ;) here we want a bit of valuable truth...
>>
>>33352843
telling, there is a fair bit of info about there about the base. just not really about what projects actually go on

>>33352869
im strayan desu not a seppo
>>
>>33352935
I'm pretty sure that base was/is being used to develop new aircrafts for the us military.

that only reason people use a51 as a UFO magnet is because they did not understand what they were seeing 20 years ago in the night sky and the myth started.

i'm sure stealth fighters that the US military use in the middle east originate from there.

pretty cool.
>>
>>33352980
>im strayan desu not a seppo

come again?
>>
>>33352980
>fair info
Does someone know if 8ch or thor can reveal more stuff ?
>>
>>33353029
I'm Australian, not an American

>>33353030
unlikely

try dreamland resort, lazygranch etc
>>
>>33353020
>20 years ago

try 50+
>>
>>33353052
oh cool. never been to Australia.

does the government let you own guns in Australia?

i only have 3 guns, kinda shitty since guns have been outlawed in mexico. (working out great for us huh?)
>>
>>33351176
Just new tech. But 51 isn't the only spot anyway.

>our friend's father
>worked on the Apache project
>working in Arizona
>hanger across the tarmac, door always closed, sliver of light at night
>get done one night, decide to walk over with a buddy and see what's up
>MPs stop them halfway, ask what they're doing
>say they want to know what's in the hanger
>"Sirs, there is no hanger. Turn around and walk back."
>years later connect the dots and figure out it was the SR-71
>>
>>33353020
Wikipedia says lockeed martin was flying their craft there.
I agree with you, but we guessed that already.
Besides that, we still don't know what is wrong, true, what is under ?
>>
>>33353093
yes but it's heavily restricted
>>
>>33353097
KEK good one
>>
>>33353107
let me guess, no handguns or automatic right?

all we get is calibers no higher than 9mm and shotguns.

yet criminal scum have 50cal rifles and armored cars.

they just found a mass grave here 5 days ago containing over 250 bodies, and 2 years ago they found +600 bodies burned in a mass grave in the north.

this country needs a drone strike program.
>>
>>33353105
what do you mean under?
>>
>>33353155
>lazygranch
Physically under the ground, the most of it seems to be hidden below the surface.
>>
>>33353140
nope. they bought all the guns after the port arthur massacre. semi automatic is banned too unless you actually NEED one. same for handguns and automatic weapons are completely banned.

>>33353179
there is nothing underground there. that's just a tinfoil hat meme
>>
nothing happens there anymore. all the skunkwork shit happens in utah now.
>>
>>33353179
seems like alot of work to cover up an already highly known about site.

why would the us government spend all that time and money to keep that place running underground when they could use a off site location in a remote part of the world like the deep northern parts of canada?
>>
>>33351176
Because they know the govt would send Agent Franks after them.
>>
>>33353052
>lazygranch

I saw cropcircle ...sriously ?
Browsing dreamland resort already... nothing astonishing for now
>>
>>33353201
that sucks, seems like after the Sydney siege, people would demand the right to protection back.

it's what's happening here in mexico.

the guy running for president in 2018 has promised to bring back the death penalty immediately and the right to bear arms back.

AMLO 2018!
>>
>>33353204
This place wasn't only for LM i guess...
The fact SW is in utah does'nt make a51 useless or abandoned
>>
I had a teacher in college that worked with Boeing as a Liaison when he was in the Air Force from the 60's till the 90's, and he claimed that Area 51 was used more for a refueling station and layover point , than anything else.

the other thing they did there was railgun prototypes. they would get a solid iron slug that weighed a kilogram, encase it in a beryllium tungsten alloy, and put the whole deal in 50 kilos of dry ice as the projectile and shoot holes in mountains miles off to see what kind of forces and friction and air densities did under certain circumstances. it took a while till they got the targeting software's bugs out, but he said seeing shit go boom like that, would make the limpest dick get hard.
>>
>>33353201
Come on now, its 2017; every domestic United states military instillation goes underground to some depth. I live .3 miles from barksdale afb southgate and can tell you for a fact that portions of that base have underground reach. Started with nuclear storage/shelter in mind, now god knows whats down there.
If our shitty Podunk base has it, why wouldnt dreamland...
>>
>>33353449
Have a point..
btw, how can you tell ?
>>
>>33353449

> Shreveport

Niggaaaa.... I live an hour from you in East Texas.

My father in law went down in that control center when he was in high school back when it was a Nike Hercules base. He said that fucking thing was deep. There really is no telling what's down there now. I know that on 9-11-01 Air Force One landed at Barksdale and Bush went underground there.
>>
>>33353508
Personal S band penetrating satellite.
You can also check the university of seismologist satellite feeds as well.
30 m resolution though.
>>
>>33353549
>Personal S band penetrating satellite
Anon, what the kek is dat ?

>check the university of seismologist satellite feeds

Damn i fucking ask tom cruise to prove himself
>>
>>33353543
My backyard faces the main runway. I remember when AF1 touched down there.
Good to know theres /k/ommandos nearby.
>>
>>33353742

Yeah, I was at work that day. Everybody had called into 98.9 screaming about AF1 coming in. I was actually on I20 West when that went down.
>>
File: Chewii.jpg (157KB, 1377x536px) Image search: [Google]
Chewii.jpg
157KB, 1377x536px
lets roll a blunt to celebrate the nondiscovery we made..
>>
>>33353776
After living here for so long, im pretty convinced that barksdale is one of the country's unspoken defensive military strongholds. You never really hear much about it, but with all thats here and everything its been involved with, you know its some serious business.
...like the Minot incident...that was a
S H I T S H O W
>>
>>33352687

you'd get arrested.

fighter pilots flying Red Flag are told specifically not to even come close to that airspace, or even the area around the area next to the airspace. if you do, you're sent home immediately.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPunuOzY0s

So do we believe this or no ?
>>
>>33351819
He probably meant DIA in Denver.
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

It's one of my favorite conspiracy theories.
>>
good bye thread, it was fun
>>
>>33351176

>Ctrl + F "Robert Lazar"
>no results

Seriously? If there is a likely credibly source, it's this guy.

>supposedly he worked there, was kinda naive about sharing what he got to know
>brought friends to visit the scheduled night flights and was eventually caught
>went AWOL and did an anonymous interview with some news station
>apparently was followed by guys trying to shoot him before he could talk
>gave another interview and disclosed everything without hiding his identity
>smart move, if anything would happen to him now his story would only gain credibility, so basically ever since that day nothing happened
>some years ago he was asked about his story (which never changed btw)
>guy seemed pretty disappointed that disclosure didn't really do anything, said he didn't care anymore and he was working his stuff
>apparently he was re-hired and is back working again at S4, which makes sense as he surely won't talk again and appreciates working there

So what evidence is there to back his story up? Well, they cleaned his records, so his university denies ever having him there, but he is in the telephone books and has tax records of him being paid by a Department of Naval Intelligence. Supposedly, some officer asking for that area code and department got BTFO by higher command. Seems like bureaucracy disclosed some to-be-secret stuff right there. He also made pretty forward statements you can work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ
>>
File: eu50c176ac.jpg (60KB, 606x330px) Image search: [Google]
eu50c176ac.jpg
60KB, 606x330px
>>33355737

Haven't read it all, but this seems to be summing it all up:

http://www.topsecretbases.com/Bob.Lazar.htm

Pic related, the pay check.
>>
>>33355770
>Robert S lazar
His name is Robert Bob Lazar. So fuck it already

Plus this : he was busted for abeiting and aiding in prostitution in 1990.
Either gov employs filthy guys or he did nasty shits while he was trying to 'open the world to aliens '. No buddy.
>>
>>33353449
please explain why you would need an underground area when you have a huge amount of above ground space in one of the most well protected and secure locations on the entire planet

>>33355737
>Bob Lazar
>Credible

kys
>>
>>33355737
nice try cunt.

>>33355881
>Plus this : he was busted for abeiting and aiding in prostitution in 1990.
>Either gov employs filthy guys or he did nasty shits while he was trying to 'open the world to aliens '. No buddy.
throw enough shit at a wall and eventally some of it will 'shitich'.
>>
>>33355881

His name is Robert Scott "Bob" Lazar. Prostitution is legal in many countries, so even if he did mess around with hookers, how does that in any way relate to the arguments he made? It doesn't, it's a primitive form of ad hominem, trying to discredit his person and distract from the things he talked about.

>>33355897

I said "likely credible" source. He made clear statements that you can check, so you can apply scientific method. He never demanded anyone to believe him and he answered all questions asked to him, didn't he? He also never changed his story. He also admitted to not knowing certain things. He seems calm and speaks clearly on all points. That makes him "likely credible".
>>
>>33355737
This
>>33355881
>>
>>33355897
Youre not a very realistic critical thinker are you? Most installations with underground infrastructure had that subterranean infrastructure built and developed during the cold war. Who wasnt diggind into the ground during the cold war? Dont be so fucking daft.
>>
>>33355924
>Most installations with underground infrastructure had that subterranean infrastructure built and developed during the cold war.
lol you are one dumb nigger.....
>>
>>33355917
> how does that in any way relate to the argument
It's just my trend to overlook what some narcisic filthy boys have to say.
I say : when you pretend to save the world you don't sell Poison mixture like Polonium or penetrate a prostitution group.

>so you can apply scientific method
Fucking Kek; Im watching you whil you apply animater propulsion with just three 60 square cm boxes.
It had been said that all what says lazar about physics is equivalent to my 5 yo cousin about quantum physics.

>He seems calm and speaks clearly on all points. That makes him "likely credible"

aww fuck anon, that makes him likely like the best superspycholiars of this damn world
>>
File: 1489910324586-247667428.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1489910324586-247667428.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>>33352350
SUAV Puma drone operator when I was in.

Even basic stuff like a wolfhound system can give a 10 digit grid location for the origin of the control signal.

The intel guys even had hijacking equipment that could tap into signals to see what we were looking at, or even take over control of the aircraft.

One time I was flying my Puma and a navy pilot intruded into our airspace unannounced, his aircrafts automated EW package identified our signal as hostile for some reason and bricked our system. Like totally fried it inside and out.

Our aircraft turned lawn-dart plowed into some hajis marijuana field and caught on fire.

You can rest assured they would have such systems available at such an important facility.
>>
>>33355971

You didn't address any of the points he made, you are merely shit-talking his persona. Furthermore, you completely left out how his statements correlate to observations made elsewhere. You provide no knowledge, no comprehension and no further signs of research or coherent thought. In short, you lack all the relevant steps used in science to determine the viability of an argument.
>>
>>33355981
>his aircrafts automated EW package

growler?
>>
>>33355897
>please explain why you would need an underground area-

Us gov kept russian material aicraft in basement.
Russian gov had satellites to come just over the place and take pictures.
First pic of A51 is taken by Russia

Also A51 spoopy flights are made at most of the time at night, not at full moon because of the light.

If it had no basement under, first there are thousand of people a day coming to this place by JANET flight so where do they go ? And second Satellites or any one who can could take pictures of the whole thing.

You see ?
>>
>>33355997
Yup. The way airspace is SUPPOSED to work drones and manned aircraft are considered 1 and the same. You develop flight plans, max and min altitude, area of operation, time on station, and all com and control frequencies being used.

In reality actual pilots just shit all over anything not actually being manned and just show up unannounced in your airspace and expect you to get out of their way. Often with no way of contacting them since as unexpected intruders within your AO their frequencies arent on your data sheet.

Its because of a quirk in the UCMJ regarding aircraft, unmanned systems face just as much penalty for their fuckups as "real" aircraft but are subordinate to real planes.

So if a pilot fucks his plane up by hitting my aircraft it would be my fault, even if he had complete and utter disregard for airspace and saftey protocol.

Luckily the loss of our aircraft was forgiven by my command because they knew how terrible real pilots are about such things.

Had he bothered paying attention to the flight plans for the area he could have input our frequency into his EW package and not destroyed 2 million dollars worth of control equipment. The birds are cheap and flimy, its the control suite that really hurt to lose. We had 8 birds, but only 1 control suite. Put us out of action for a month.
>>
>>33355987
>You didn't address any of the points he made
-Dear anon I fear he never made a single argument when you read his posts

> correlate to observations made elsewhere
Yep.. and for me this is a key to.. " Research and coherent thought " ;) dont youagree ?

I would add you didn't answer any of my point..also
>>
>>33353140
No, it needs a government that isn't corrupt to the balls and a populace thatisn't mostly made up of uneducated peasants.
>>
>>33356057
>In reality actual pilots just shit all over anything not actually being manned and just show up unannounced in your airspace and expect you to get out of their way. Often with no way of contacting them since as unexpected intruders within your AO their frequencies arent on your data sheet.

aahahahahahhahaha story confirmed for absolutely fucking true

So, the Growler can literally fucking brick a drone. Either deliberately or through sheer output power at close ranges. Wew, lad.
>>
>>33356057

I feel like you probably shouldn't be posting about this

Glad you did though, its neat
>>
>>33355987
And by the way, ad hominem is directly against the personna who made the statement.
Im charging lazar and his statements, or acts.. not >>33355770

Next time when you try to prove your self..avoid failure ?
>>
>>33356078
Wasnt anything secretive involved. We were flying tactical level SUAVs, our bird is 9 feet wide and contains nothing very secretive.

All the real secret squirrel shit is on the strategic level UAVs like global hawks and shit.
>>
>>33356106
Thanks for sharing
Can you tell us about a51 ?
(Or spoopy shit shh)
>>
>>33356067
Worst part is we watched in horror as his contact lazily swept closer like "nonononono, go away, go away go away"

Then our screens went blank and our bird turned into a flying paperweight.
>>
>>33356106

I more meant the stuff about the EW shit.

But I suppose anyone with serious interests in the matter would likely know at least that much anyway.
>>
>>33356106
I think he's talking more about the EW aspect of the story. Your story was extremely informative for me. I'd bet any major state actor already knows that EW can achieve those effects, but at least for me, it told me more than I would be comfortable letting others know, if I were the government. Course, I'm glad I know it, but I trust me!
>>
>>33356111
You gotta understand something about tactical SUAVs, operating one is a billet, not a MOS.

I was just a grunt who flew them on the side to help out my infantry battalion's S2 shop on occaision. The rest of the time I was an infantryman doing dumb shit on patrols.

Our squad was attached to a navy seal team for 7 months in Iraq last year, but they told me they will be monitoring my communications and made me promise not to talk about it in detail with people.
>>
>>33356143
I guessed this, but I tried anyway
>>
File: 1388102155831.jpg (24KB, 200x350px) Image search: [Google]
1388102155831.jpg
24KB, 200x350px
>>33356116
>Worst part is we watched in horror as his contact lazily swept closer like "nonononono, go away, go away go away"

oh my fucking god, I'm sliding out of my chair
>>
>>33356120
>>33356123
Ah, okay. I seen some stuff I can talk about.

The airforce was having a quadcopter drone problem on one of their airstrips and asked us SUAS guys about it.

They had this radar array set up that could do both ground and air. So I was watching a contact and was like "is that a plane" the airforce guy laughed, right clicked the dot and the radar analysed it as a small bird, likley a crow. 20 miles away.

I was blown away and joked that they shouldnt be letting me see this. They told me that this system had stopped being secret in the 80's and required no clearance to operate.
>>
>>33356143
>Our squad was attached to a navy seal team for 7 months in Iraq last year, but they told me they will be monitoring my communications and made me promise not to talk about it in detail with people.

I'mma go out on a limb here and guess that they were killing people, breaking things, and in general putting boots on the ground where Obama swore with his hand on a stack of bibles that no boots were ever to go.

But hey if they ever come to steal you away in the night because I read your mind, have the last laugh and tell them to "hover a Chinook in front of a Dushka about it"
>>
>>33356171
Yeah, modern radars are pretty insane. For example, the radars on the F-35 should be able to spot ground targets from extremely far away, not to mention how good they are at looking at air targets!
>>
>>33356171
So thats where our S2 guys jumped in with two systems.

A wolfhound which would enable the airfield security teams to pinpoint and go after the signal orgin, and some other doodad that can kinda remoteley wiretap into the control feed. It lets you watch their video stream to figure out what kind of stuff they are looking at, and you can hijack control and terminate the signal at will.

They had us fly missions to test that their aforementioned radar and various EW countermeasures would be able to detect a smaller non-metallic craft like ours.

Of note, the radar I speak of was site security radar, not flight control radar, which are classified.
>>
Can you explain to me what is this EW automated shit on the piloted aircrafts ?

And what is exactly going on with the story ?
A pilot friendly fire your drone just with fucking microwaves ?
>>
>>33356202
Because I think anon shouldn't exactly be talking about it directly, allow me to explain how I saw it: Growler got too close, idiot pilot didn't make sure that the signal going from the drone control terminal to the drone was friendly, his EW systems thought it was bad stuff, and did whatever fucking EW magic they do and bricked it. Sometimes it's just massive amounts of energy at certain wavelengths. Honestly, almost all of that stuff is classified, and I'm not schooled enough to understand the basics of what isn't.
>>
>>33356178
They dont really care about that shit. Any haji with a cellphone camera could break that.

The real secret shit is banal really. Site locations, personell data and background info, numbers, types of operations, equipment and load out, team SOPs. (Im not even allowed to say what specific team or teams we worked with were).

We personally didnt even really do anything noteworthy. We were just QRF and overwatch.

"Hold the bag while they crack the safe" type jobs.
>>
>>33352580
>thinks exceeding the cloud ceiling is going to save him

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of military air detection. It would be almost recommendable to skim the surface, desu.
>>
>>33356217
I dont even know wtf it did to our system beyond a vague "yeah it really fucked er up alright." I got some theories but it kinda crosses the line from grey area into making educated guesses about some secret tech so Im gonna keep my mouth shut.
>>
>>33356217
>it's just massive amounts of energy at certain wavelengths
That is specifically the point i need to know more about
>>
>>33355934
You doubt that the 8th bomb wing and strategic air command has shit stored underground. You have no modicum of higher order thinking skills. Please actually form a rebuttal as to why an airbase with nuclear strike capability would not have subterranean infrastructure post cold war. Please. Make an ass of yourself and show the thread how dim you are.
>>
>>33356243
Too bad, you ain't getting it. Shit's classified.
>>
Using trip as non faggy as possible for id purposes.

Funny story about drone stuff.

>Iraqi army camp knows we fly drones
>calls us one day
>theres a drone hovering around thier camp taking pictures and video
>they ask if its ours
>nope
>phone hangs up
>gunfire in the distance
>all of the gunfire
>go outside (its night time, iraqi area was about 500 meters away)
>there are hundreds of iraqis firing wildly into the sky
>AKs, M16s, AKMs, PKMs, pistols, even a fucking dishka
>tracer storm, looks like those videos of air raids in WW2 in minature
>all the tracers are in a cone weaving back and forth focused on a single point
>pull out thermal optic, try to see what they are shooting at
>theres this cheap poorfag quad-copter dipping and weaving madly back and forth about 200 meters off the ground
>through sheer volume of fire somebody finally hits it
>they bring it to us
>its a cheap camera drone like what youd buy off amazon
>iraqis wtite report that they downed an enemy aircraft anyways

Iraqis are Orks. 10,000+ rounds expended by a few hundred guys to bring down a $90 drone.
>>
Fuck, pilots in WW2 fried their electric systems just by flying too close to radio towers. It's not impossible for high strength energy waves to fuck up delicate electronics. My brother is a contractor for the government, he works with radio jammers to help detect IED's so they aren't remotely set off. He does other shit too but won't talk about it. He says radio waves are something else entirely, you can be in the middle of nowhere and get 'snow' (static I assume) for no reason, with no apparent source. It just happens. It comes and goes without warning. In any case, radio waves can be a fickle cunt according to him.
>>
>>33356292
I mean, they were technically right, they did down the drone. I'm impressed they actually hit the damn thing.
>>
>>33356292
>Fucking lel
>Goddamn aloha snackbars
>>
>>33356293
Fuck, yeah RF burned the shit outta my hand on one of those IED systems once.

Was working on cleaning a gun on top of an MRAP, contractor dude didnt tell me he had turned the CREW system on, I lost my balance and grabbed the emitter and my hand got really hot.

A day later it was itching, but like, on the inside. Then the skin started peeling off. Definiteley one of the more colorful anecdotes in my VA medical folder.

Also, manning a gun turret in between both those antennas gives you a head ache.

Fuck.......

I just realized im probably gonna die from brain cancer.
>>
>>33356315
Yeah, you was getting your brain fried. I don't think you'll get brain cancer, but I'd be concerned about possible damage to the brain, and maybe some inflammation. Do you ever suffer from migraines or "brain fog"?
>>
>>33351356
This, if sormone has claimed they've been there and isn't currently in prison they were lying.
>>
>>33356335
Yeah, all the time.

Just yesterday I forgot where I was and what I was doing, walked into my writing class 10 minutes late, teacher said something, I just stared at him blankly, turned around, and started walking back to my car because I was too confused to figure out where I was.

Luckily another vet in the class knows I have TBI from 2 IED dets and an RPG impact to my MRAPs engine block, explained to everyone in the room that ive had a lot of concussions, then ran out and brought me back.

Thats the issue, I already KNOW I got brain damage from those explosions, so it would be pretty hard to prove those CREW systems were a contributing factor.
>>
>>33352350
How much it cost to get into this hobby?
I'm interested in RC planes, but I need to start somewhere first to learn to even fly one
>>
>>33356387
Yeah, the blasts are probably going to outweigh any damage caused by CREW. As for the damage itself, sorry to hear that, my man, I understand all too well how that shit feels. Thankfully, mine's not quite that bad. I'd actually check to see if your spine is properly aligned and not pinching nothing. I've heard of guys suffering from symptoms similar to your own (at least one was diagnosed with early onset dementia) having had something or the other pinched and so there was some sort of imbalance of fluids of some sort or the other in the brain.
>>
Droneguy, do you know of the best way to get a job flying drones commercially? Like is it a certificate or academy kinda thing or what.
>>
>>33356409
Its called a spinal cyrrix, my dad has it. But no, my brains just been kicked in the dick too hard too often.

Best way I can describe it is like when you go into your kitchen for something and forget what it was, sit back down on the couch and then remember you were gonna grab a beer.

Except mine lasts like 10 to 20 minutes at a time. The years of sleep deprivation doesnt help. There are some specialists making a very good arguement that something called circadian scarring exists and can share symptoms with PTSD and TBI.

Basically, if you miss too much sleep too often it can cause permanant damage to your brains sleeping mechanisms.

Which could explain why I usually dont sleep until 4 in the morning and wake up at 8.

Melatonin helps, but tends to make me oversleep, other sleep meds just make me dopey and increases the confusion episodes.

Getting drunk works best but thats obviously far worse in the long run so I make a point not to drink.
>>
>>33356419
I dont really know honestly. I was just an infantryma with enough smarts to get voluntold to go to the SUAV operators course and did it as a side billet in addition to my normal infantry stuff.

The instructors at Pendleton talked a big game about how the drone markets was about to be huge and stressed that we should keep our flightlogs to get jobs with it when we got out, but its still kind of a vaporwear market.

My opinion is that human operated drones are just a transitory phase of the tech, automated self piloting drones are just around the corner and nobody wants to pump money into a piloted drone based buisiness thats just going to be obsolete soon.

I also havent seen nor heard about any drone based jobs either. I think police departments might begin replacing pursuit helicopters with drones but the big issue is airspace laws. Pilots have bachelors degrees and intensive training, most drone operators dont. The powers that be are antsy about giving a guy control over something that could say, get sucked into a passenger jet engine and send it plunging in flames into a crowded city.
>>
>>33356446

Appreciate the explaination. I can agree with the idea of it being transitory but the way technology is growing if one lets themselves be frozen in fear of obsolecence they won't get anywhere. That being said I guess I can dig the idea that automated drones will get there faster than automated piloting of big planes (automation will be there too but folks will be antsy about having watson the machine do the flying without a meatbag alternative).
>>
>>33352499
>but for sure there are probably some interesting secret airframes that are flying/have been flown there
U-2, A-12/SR-71, and F-117 were developed there iirc. Also USA's first facilities for testing RCS of airframes.
>>
For the record, a faggot I went to school with uses drones to survey farmers fields and scouts property lines for tax assessors... He's made so much money he owns a company and routinely flies to Europe to be a richfag over there too. He's only like 28 and has more money than he knows what to do with. He's funding our class reunion and shit. So there's def a market, it's just niche specific.
>>
File: unnamed.png (174KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
174KB, 300x300px
>>33356446
>SUAV
>>
>>33352350

a man flew a cessna over area 51.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gcMrPk7sCA&spfreload=10
>>
>>33356537
>cessna
He says less than a minute in that it's a Rutan Long-EZ.
>>
>>33356398
I'd probably recommend this or some other SAFE-equipped RTF for a first plane: http://www.hobbyzonerc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ5400
Comes with everything you need and has gyros and a basic self-leveling autopilot that activates when you hit the panic button. Should be good enough to develop your skills with - once you can fly comfortably in advanced mode you should be able to handle other airplanes if you decide to move on to more serious stuff.

Most hobbyists eventually acquire a proper computer radio ($200-500) which can hold the setups for all their models in one controller, a good fast-charger ($50-100), and a collection of models (which vary widely in cost). Most of my models are brushless-powered parkflyer-sized foam planes which cost around $200 or so to put together, but some people will spend thousands on a single model, and these days it's entirely possible to build a plane for under $50.

There's also FPV, which is (or used to be) surprisingly expensive to get into. Goggles are anywhere from $200-500 with a built-in video receiver, video transmitters are $15-50, and cameras are $10-100+.

I strongly recommend looking up Flite Test and watching their videos. Very informative and entertaining content for modelers, much of it beginner-oriented (and cost-conscious).
>>
File: bob_lazar_id[1].jpg (66KB, 500x783px) Image search: [Google]
bob_lazar_id[1].jpg
66KB, 500x783px
>>33354679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsU3A9SFen4
>>
>>33356537
hoax
>>
>>33356739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVhzodrBC0
>>
File: 1479439831171.jpg (81KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1479439831171.jpg
81KB, 500x494px
>>33356744
you watched a 5 minute video in 2 minutes

congrats
>>
>>33356751
>it's not possible that I haven't seen it before

autism

the only sp00ky thing on art bell was when the satellite dropped during a frantic call
>>
File: 5272323872_f4f3bfa59c_b.jpg (312KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5272323872_f4f3bfa59c_b.jpg
312KB, 1024x768px
>>33356763
oh you're right sorry

i was confused wrong post
>>
>>33356696
Thanks for quality answer!
I guess I'm gonna get what you recommended when I can, because it sounds sweet, and see if I would like to step deeper in it.
Is there any good community you know where hobbyists gather? Website/Discord or anything
I want to read what do they do, what stuff there is.
>>
>>33356292
A drone gathering intel for mortars.
Remeber, its a million dollar flight package to kill a snackbar.
>>
>>33353449
your shitty podunk base is the only place in CONUS where nuclear bombs are kept ready
so...
>>
>>33353974
what do you know about Minot?
>>
>>33353974
I mean, it's the headquarters of Air Force Global Strike Command, so it's bound to be pretty well defended.
>>
>Hasn't someone never talk

Good England
>>
>>33356500
I have a friend who has a company (Only one or two employees, I think) that uses drones to take photos for real estate companies. He'll take birds-eye views of properties and stuff. He's still in college, but makes bank.
>>
>>33356739
How can i know this id card is not a fake ?
>>
>>33352350
Go old school.

Get one of those antique Futaba gyros that use an actual rotating flywheel for stabilization, or build a copy of one. Let it send signals to your servo to maintain a heading, or create a way to have a true wireless and autonomous inertial guidance system. NO ARDUINOS.

Rig a good, cheap film camera on board with a servo to press the shutter button every quarter of a second.

Make sure the entire plane is built out of Styrofoam, dollar tree foam board, or expanded polystyrene. Wear gloves while making it. Once it lands and you recover all the electronics (wearing gloves, of course), douse the plane in gasoline. No need to burn, the plane would be reduced to a shapeless heap.

Remember, they can jam even the fanciest FHSS/FASST 2.4Ghz radio system, but they cannot jam if there's no radio in the first place.
>>
>>33357686
this is just a dumb idea on so many levels
>>
>>33357719
his brain is in the right place tho. cheap, simple, expendable, no way to track a signal if there's no signal

I would not attempt recovering it though. just have it broadcast the imagery it gets and rig it to burn itself once it's flown its path
>>
>>33357796
Or hire mexicans to retrieve it for you.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.