[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it the war that made the "greatest" generation so great?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4429.jpg (62KB, 499x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4429.jpg
62KB, 499x355px
Was it the war that made the "greatest" generation so great?
>>
No, it was the depression.
>>
>>33350736
Because of how much was asked of the men who fought in it (and considering their age).

Take on three countries armed to the teeth who wholeheartedly believed the horrible, intolerant shit they were fed and were willing to put millions of people into the field to attain those goals. It's a tall order to ask of 18-35 years olds.
>>
>>33350800
>horrible, intolerant shit

If we would of let hitler do his thing then we wouldnt have 26+ genders with weapons grade autism
>>
>>33350773
This. Growing up in the Great depression made you a hard motherfucker before you were even old enough to serve.
>>
>>33350736
It was that and growing up in the depression.
>>
>>33350800
>horrible, intolerant shit
What do you mean? Poles and gypsies ARE subhuman.
>>
File: 1463610812344.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
1463610812344.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
"Greatest generation" is a meme

People were and will always continue to be people, nothing more, nothing less. If history has shown us anything, it is that humans are amazingly adaptable to their environment.

If the world economy suddenly collapsed and those "faggy-millennials" you guys love to hate were placed in depression like conditions some would perish and others would preserve. The idea that one's "generation" has anything to do with survival is a meme. Humans are ultimately individual creatures, always have been, always will be.
>>
>>33350736
They aren't shit. I'd tell you stories that would curl you eyebrows. I guess just don't tell names.
>>
>>33350736
What was worse...

Being part of the first waves landing on the beach on d-day or living in trench warfare?
>>
>>33351000
trips of truth
>>
>>33350736
Born in the roaring 20's, "The prosperity will never end!', end up witnessing, living through the greatest economic collapse ever seen, come of age, "Oh, by the way, we need you to fight in the most horrific war in human history.". If that doesn't build character and define a generation, I don't know what would.
>>
>>33350982
No, just anyone who didn't fit the criteria of a insane autist would be killed.
>Door#1
>Liberal retards who provide endless kek's
>Door#2
>Literal Necomongers.
>>
>>33350800
>Italy
>matching any of those descriptions

lol no

Italians caved in super easy, they wanted nothing to do with that was and it shiws
>>
>>33353094
>D-day.
>Not Guadalcanal.
Guadalcanal was Catachan.
>Dysentery, Malaria, wounds got infected instantly.
>crocodiles, sharks, snakes.
>Maps who would torture you to death, just to fuck with your buddy's.
>>
>>33352996

No, because those "faggy millennials" weren't designed to withstand the type of economic depression that TGD was: they literally do not have the skillset needed to survive in that type of environment.

They are a failed societal experiment. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>33353758
they only killed jews, gays, faggots, and gypsies family

not defending that for sure, but you make it sound like Hitler wanted to kill everyone that wasn't a blue eyed aryan mustard race
>>
>>33354048

"skillset needed to survive"

lol, living in depression era US wasn't like living in Fallout: New Vegas or some shit. You just generally ate worse quality food, fixed what you could, and carried on.

Times were tough, but not impossible....

And i'm not sure how a generation can be classified as a "failed social experiment" or what the fuck that even means, but you strike me as kind of an dibshit so I doubt you do either.
>>
>>33354048

The only generation that was a "failure" was Gen X, and that's because they were raised expecting to experience a war that never happened and served as enablers to the greedy boomers that came before them. Millenials seem whiny because they have constant debts to deal with and that one job that used to be able to support a whole family the time before them can hardly keep you set for a shit apartment in the present day, and they do all this libshit in order to stick it to the Boomers that caused most of their issues in the first place.

They already know how to live in the depression conditions of the current year, and unless all the technological advancements of the past three decades were to suddenly vanish knowing how to put a dog down Old-Yeller style is hardly relevant anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.