[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen Valor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: Stolen_Valor003.jpg (113KB, 600x382px) Image search: [Google]
Stolen_Valor003.jpg
113KB, 600x382px
Hi /k/. I've been in an online chat for a while now and there's a woman claiming to have served in the United States Military. I think she is lying. This has been going on for a while now but I'm finally going to speak up. I've had enough of it. The latest thing she said is that she was shot in the head but the helmet stopped it.

What do I need to know/what are some questions I can ask to expose her, if it even is a girl?

Thanks.
>>
>>33346160
>Did you really serve?

>Did you really, really serve?

>But no seriously, did you serve?
>>
Nobody actually cares about stolen valor.
>>
>>33346191
Can I get a serious answer? I don't want to look like a total dickhead in front of the entire chat, everyone seems to dick suck her.

>>33346196
I do.
>>
>>33346160
Ask her what color the boathouse is at Hereford
>>
>>33346160

ask her what her unit was, say your brother was in the army under similar circumstances, was she there when officer harhoff was in charge of the depot? etc. specifics. there are some things that civilians wouldn't realize would be so readily important to a soldier. a name and a unit would probably suffice. MOS etc.

>>33346196

people do care, because it's a shithead thing to do.
>>
Get some facts on the USMC stuff, ask how she did in basic training, ask her what kinda equipment did she use and where was she deployed and at which battalion/squadron or whatever.
>>
>>33346209
>>33346207

What would so immediate red flags be? Something immediately incriminating?

Something where I can reply with "I am accusing you of stealing valor, you have not served in the United States Armed Forces".
>>
ask her why the sky is blue.

also kill yourself.
>>
>>33346207
>>33346160 (You) (OP)
>>33346222 (You)

If she claims to be 11B before 2016 she's lying.
Women didn't serve in Infantry until early last year. It already smells like bullshit "I was shot in the head, bounced off the helmet though xD"
>>
>>33346222

i doubt you can really be 100% sure. just elicit information over time.
>>
>>33346200
>>33346207
>muh medals
>respect muh service
You're not special because you got shit pay by Uncle Sam for menial (and mostly pointless) work.

I know the ads and the propaganda plays it up and some people bend over backwards to kiss your ass for something extremely trivial, but in reality it's unimportant, it litterally doesn't matter if a sperg dresses up and pins on 50 medals then pretends to be a general.
>>
>>33346247

i don't really give a fuck what you have to say on the subject.
>>
>>33346247
>samefagging

We get it you don't care. Go shit up another thread you obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>33346252
And neither does the rest of the world about MUH VALOR

Tell me, what is the harm of some nutcase in a costume thinking he's special? He's not far off from the real thing.
>>
>>33346261

more people detest people who pretend to have been soldiers, than don't care.

people say they were soldiers to get respect they didn't earn, and, it's lying.
>>
File: 1489724955474.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489724955474.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>33346160
Ask her for a pic of her during service. More or less everyone has at least one pic, if it be for their ID, or just to capture a moment. Should be able to tell by the pic.
>>
File: IAxav1I.jpg (345KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IAxav1I.jpg
345KB, 1200x900px
OP is literally autistic.

You'd be able to care about stolen valor had you served, and even then you'd be "that guy".
You're literally a member of an internet chat and you can't brush over a civilian doing civilian shit, just like you. You're both retards.
>>
>>33346266
>respect
And there we have it, you think being a soldier entitles you to some kind of automatic respect.

>>33346255
Yes, I was totally aiming to look like two different people, you little mouthbreather you.
>>
>>33346266
stop replying to him
>>
>>33346297
Oh no! I'm upsetting you by pointing out how worthless this is!
>>
just dont reply to shitposters. It's that easy.
>>
>>33346236
>If she claims to be 11B before 2016 she's lying.

Even then. It's not like there were female units right out the gate. It took a year and a half for enough to pass to form a unit.
>>
>>33346271

who are you to tell him to not look up to something that represents discipline, duty, strength, and courage?

whether the reality lives up to the ideal or not, it's commendable and something that many young men do, perhaps because they weren't given much of an upbringing by their father. this is natural and healthy.

>And there we have it, you think being a soldier entitles you to some kind of automatic respect.

it does. it always has, in every society. it's part of our payment to soldiers who may be asked to die and will definitely suffer for our sake. a civilian has no place deciding to respect or not respect soldiers.
>>
>>33346323
>something that represents discipline, duty, strength, and courage?
It doesn't though.
>>
>>33346329

yes. it does.
>>
File: 1484310818317.png (169KB, 493x263px) Image search: [Google]
1484310818317.png
169KB, 493x263px
>>33346323
>a civilian has no place deciding to respect or not respect soldiers.
Oh man, loving that delicious authoritarian worship!

Do you jerk off to Starship Troopers too?
>>
>>33346345

i don't get what your problem is.
>>
>>33346160
>stolen valor
>online

That's retarded...
>>
>>33346354
My problem is military worship, and I'm far from alone on /k/, you'll find that most people here (even the ones that actually serve) think caring about Stolen Valor is autistic and annoying.
>>
File: 1318901646151.jpg (41KB, 457x600px) Image search: [Google]
1318901646151.jpg
41KB, 457x600px
>>33346345
Respect is an earned thing and has no value if given without merit. I show soldiers, both active and retired, courtesy and politeness for the same reasons I do for police, EMS, and firemen. They are doing a difficult and dangerous job for the overall betterment of society with very little pay in respect to the rigors and dangers of their vocation.

Also, if you've ever read Starship Troopers and thought on the messages in its pages, you might not be such a twat.
>>
>>33346329
I bet you know the best

Not that guy, but I too hate people in generally that expect respect for what they do. But there's no denying that most militaries practice dicipline, duty, strength and courage. However if that's the result is something completely different.

The sad part is that Stolen Valors literally dress up pretending to be a soldier in order to gain discount, and scamming goodwill from people. It's shitty especially for people to take advantage of other people showing respect to soldier, be it for personal reasons or just generally looking up to soldiers.

Most people nowadays don't really see their society's "warriors" as heros, since most of them haven't experienced war in their own country, and obviously there has been a lot of shady shit with the American military in the middle east.

I don't mind people giving respect to soldiers, you shouldn't be forced to, and they shouldn't be entitled to. But its the same way I respect firefighter's going into an inferno to rescue others.
>>
>>33346381
>Respect is an earned thing
And the overwhelming majority of military personnel haven't done anything to earn any special respect, certainly not on the level of EMT, who actually do things every day.

>Also, if you've ever read Starship Troopers and thought on the messages in its pages, you might not be such a twat.
I have read it, it's full of wank and romanticizes fascism, and that's why people deep into military worship loves it.
>>
>>33346381
I used my time in service to get drunk, (attempt) to get paid, sometimes get laid, and shoot firearms. Out of all of those lofty goals I achieved the first on that list the most.

Then I got out and fuck off with muh GI Bill
>>
>>33346394
This 1000x

Everyone I knew while in was doing it for free school.
>>
File: 28it8bs.jpg (67KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
28it8bs.jpg
67KB, 1080x810px
>>33346363

most people here are edgy teens/early 20s who have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove, as well as a not insignificant amount of bitterness and closed-mindedness, veering to some sort of extreme or the other in most things. that's 4chan for you. there's not a lot of nuance to most 4channers perspectives and ideas.

i don't really know what you mean by military worship. did you consider that perhaps the people who you decided 'worship the military' are actually just worshiping the idealized virtues of the Warrior? that perhaps young men who have no male role models in their life will look at the army as representing that archetypal Warrior, and that archetype is glorious and that's what they're for, worshiping in order to devote yourself to the qualities of the god you're worshiping?

i bet that that didn't cross your mind. you simply saw people that are annoyed others are pretending to be soldiers (which they only do because of the respect people give to a soldier out of hand) and you accused them of 'military worship'.

you don't need to elaborate on how banal military life actually is for the vast majority of people, nobody is under the illusion that 'all soldiers are great americans, good people, true heroes'. what's actually happening is they simply have a gratitude and respect for the people who serve their nation, in whatever capacity. they are paying homage to the fighters as a class of human.

4chan is full of people who don't respect anything at all, hold nothing sacred, who bear no tradition, and are too proud to unironically aupplaud virtue itself.
>>
>>33346423
>virtues of the Warrior
I hesitate to call most military personnel "warriors"
>>
>>33346392
Which is why I make the distinction between respect and courtesy. I show courtesy to soldiers, police, EMS and firemen; I don't show respect until it has been earned.

I can understand why you missed the point of Starship Troopers with you poor level of literary comprehension considering you failed to even understand my previous post.

>>33346394
Good for you tiger, now go get that BA in minority womyn's studies.
>>
File: 1483121969091.jpg (84KB, 853x558px) Image search: [Google]
1483121969091.jpg
84KB, 853x558px
>>33346394

yes, that is what you did, but, BUT, you very well could have been suddenly deployed when canada and mexico team up to invade the US and then had your guts shot out all over the ground and lit on fire while you lay on some road and scream for your mother. that is a possibility which you voluntarily risked. people who generally 'respect the military' are simply acknowledging that.

>>33346427

so do most military personal. no one actually believes that every soldier is GI joe rambo. like virtually all armies throughout history, only one out of fifty are the kind of person who will actually, seriously, actively attempt to close and destroy enemies without extreme encouragement. in fact, until modern psychology applied science to the training, the majority of soldiers in almost all conflicts didn't really fight, they just 'postured'. they did what they think fighting looks like so that they'd look good, while not really wanting to kill and trying to avoid being killed.

and yet, people pay thanks and gratitude to the fact that there ARE people ready to fight for them, and any of those stupid young men might wind up facing unholy terror and suffering, for your sake. you don't have to pretend that they're not mostly half assed idiots, because that's not the point.
>>
OP is a massive fag
>>
>>33346160
>hay whats that ribbon for?
>hay whats your rank
>hay where were you deployed?

odds are, they dont know shit, so these questiosn will fuck them up instantly
>>
Seriously why does this matter, I am just a regular guy but it seems like people get super butthurt when they see people playing solider.
>>
>>33346427
B-BUT THEY PROTECT YOU.... JUST THINK OF ALL THE TERRORISTS WHO WOULD DESTROY US!!! T. BRAINLET
>>
>>33346582
well there are folks who try to get free shit by putting on a uniform and walking into a business that has some "veteran benefits"

and generally speaking people tend to dislike folks who try to take credit for something they didn't do, though in this case its significantly less harmful to society then say, the countless fake doctors running around.
>>
>>33346588

if we didn't have an army, someone would invade and take over, who would not care about us, and we would suffer. the soldiers stand ready to step in between us and that fate.
>>
>>33346160

Just stop going to the chat you autistic fuck
>>
>>33346701
LMAO.
This gay romanticism.

You stupid fuck.

We haven't needed a standing army since the first atomic bomb dropped.

The military is a welfare program.
>>
>>33346196
Don't listen to this dick head.
>>
>>33346295
He didn't say that at all. Fact of the matter is that most people do respect people that are or have served. Stop being an autistic faggot
>>
>>33346786
>respecting welfare queen and or those that die for ZOG
>>
>>33346427
I stand in agreement with you on this one.
>>
Ask her if she had that one guy in her squad that kept losing the keys to the Hummer....
>>
>>33346808
Good one
>>
>>33346267
I served with this guy,.
>>
>>33346792
Yeah man cool, that's why I said most people. It's the culture in our country. Hence why most vets get hiring preference. Are you a never served that got rejected or something? You're making this into a big thing
>>
>>33346701
>if we didn't have an army, someone would invade and take over
In theory.

Mostly it's the US Navy, the Coastguard, and the armed population which actually stops that from happening.

The Army itself is not all that amazing, special, or glorious.
>>
>>33346774
>muh feefees!
Maybe you shouldn't emotionally invest yourself into a sham.
>>
>>33346818
Nope, did I hurt the big tough vet fee fees?
>>
>>33346858
I'm not a vet, but I'm convinced that you are an autist. Say feefees again though, maybe you'll eventually make a good point
>>
It's been happening with beggers as well, you can't give anyone a buck anymore without thinking the guy is not homeless. Pretty sad to be honest.
>>
>>33346867
>I'm not a vet
Which is what makes it funny, because if you were, you'd more than likely fucking understand why it's bullshit.
>>
I really don't care unless they're trying to apply for a job or gain advantage through it.

If someone is playing dress up I couldn't be bothered. It's not worth losing sleep over.
>>
File: 809.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
809.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>33346950
>found the shitbag that got chaptered and is now a disgruntled 4chan hero
>>
>>33346271
Eve if you dont give shit about stolen valor, the woman is still sounding as if she is lying. If she already lies, how many lies will follow?
>>
>>33346950
Are you legitimately retarded? The point I made is that the majority of people in American society respect veterans, which is true. I'm not here saying "oh, all vets demand respect!" I just made a point that anyone would agree is common sense. You're the one here hammering vets for whatever reason. We get it, you don't respect vets. My opinion on vets is irrelevant because it wasn't even the point I was trying to make.

If you feel so strongly about this, why not go say this shit to an actual vets face? I'm sure some would agree with you. Others would probably give you something to think about.
>>
>>33347046
Why don't you go beat up that female that you think is stealing Valor? That would certainly teach her to shitpost around you tough guy!
>>
>>33347136
Alright man, you win this internet argument. Good luck with your autism. Bye now.
>>
>>33347157
Make sure to bow down and pray in the direction of a soldier 5 times a day!
>>
>>33346808
Kek
>humvees don't have keys
>that is the joke OP
>>
>>33346236
Actually, I was the last graduating class in Fort Benning to have absolutely no women, she would have to have graduated in January of this year or later
>>
>>33346196
If I call you out on camera, would you die?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.