[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Boys I done fucked a gun up and I'm pretty upset. Not even sure what the fuck I did. I had this old basic edition Stoeger coach gun that I paid a few hundred for that has been sitting around for years. I'm a fan of big bore and SBRs. This shit has been collecting dust just because I got a good deal on it so I thought I would truly induct it into my collection with my new set of tools. Now, it is broken. I will describe the process that led me to this horrible conclusion.

Put it in a vise grip and sawed off the stock so I could get to the screw. I actually had a big ass screwdriver in the drawer but it was at the back and I didn't see it.

Removed the receiver from the stock.

Measured where in the stock the screw ended. Cut it off about an inch from there.

Shaped the stock into a decent shape.

Replaced the stock with the big screw sticking out of my newly formed pistol grip. Did not function test the gun. Did not fucking function test the fucking gun at this point.

Figured this was a one time deal. When was the last time you took the receiver off a wooden stock of a shitty old double barrel? Used a cut off wheel on the screw.

Grinded the screw down so it was flush with the stock. Sanded. Stained it. It looks great. Its a legal firearm. about 28" overall, 20in barrel, I think its either considered a shotgun that the stock fell off or a "firearm". I thoroughly checked the legality of this on a few gun forums on /k/ so if this is actually illegal I blame you. But its not.

Let the stain and shit dry. Go to pull the triggers. It doesn't work, oh the safety is on. Go to disengage safety. Nothing. Think maybe some stain got into the safety button. Hit it with a hammer. Nothing. Chisel at it with a screwdriver. Nothing

Now I have an inoperable gun because I'm a fucking dumbass. What the fuck did I do? Also now my safety button is fucked up. I didn't pull the triggers or do shit during taking it apart and reassembling. Just popped it out then back in.
>>
If you can put a stock on it it's a shot gun. If you can(because you pistol grip is part of the receiver) it's a firearm
>>
So I'm not sure exactly what the fuck I did because I don't have a huge understanding of the mechanism of this gun. Obviously its simple and I do know how it works but I didn't even look at it. I just popped it off and put it back in. I really have no idea what the fuck I actually fucked up so if you have any theories that would be great. I just popped that bitch back in and cut the screw off and finished it up and it looks great. Cut the screw off. Cant unscrew the screw nigga. Its fucked. I'm not super satisfied with how the screw looks anyway. I guess I could like drill into the fucking screw and like loctite a drill bit into it then hopefully unscrew it? I guess probably I just have to make a new fuckin handle at this point. Any idea of what I fucked up or possible solutions would be appreciated.

Pic related, example of my level of intelligence
>>
Can you post a pic of the screw?
>>
i could be wrong ive never fucked with older coach guns but on a lot of the double barrels ive seen theirs a small wire spring type deal thats connected to the safety and the firing mechanism if you fuck with that you should be able to get it to work
>>
>>33344851
>Grinded

Way to nigger up a perfectly shitty gun fucktard.
You deserve everything that is shit.
>>
>>33345514
tard logic. just because you down own anything with grinding capabilities doesn't mean shit to me. it looked pretty nice.

>>33344976
i cut the screw the fuck off lol. Isn't there a drill bit for removing stuck bolts?
>>
>>33346845
If you have a dremel just cut a slot into the screw and use a screwdriver. Had to do this to get broken head bolts out before. You can even get fancy and make it a Philips. they do make easy outs abut those are generally for things that the afore mentioned trick can't get
>>
>>33346845
Yeah, I just was wondering how exposed it is.
If you have a small enough wheel, grind a slot into the stump of the screw and take it out that way.
>>
>>33347534
oh good idea, might spare me getting one of those extractor bits.

>>33347547
sorry i was drunk when i made this post then hungover when i replied. basically what happened was the quickest and most efficient way to deal with the screw was to just reassemble and cut the screw flush with the handle then grind and sand it flat. so there is not jack shit.

this is actually gonna work good tho. if I can manage to get it unscrewed and repaired i can make the hole with the screw more uniform and look better.
>>
You are a god damn retard.

Post pics.
>>
>>33348649
i will make a sbr thread when its all pretty keep an eye out. don't feel like taking pics

so i fixed this shit in part thanks to you niggas help. i had stained it when it was assembled since i had to cut the screw off. some stain and dust and shit got into the safety.

so i cut a slit in the screw and got it out. im about to cut the screw off short and add a better slit so i can actually cover it. i cleaned up the hole and widened it and im hoping i can get a dowel to fit in there real snug so i can stain it separately so i can not get fucking stain everywhere again.

protip: dont be a dumb nigga like me. worth it tho
>>
Proof that some people don't have the intelligence to own a gun.
>>
>>33349815
yeah i shouldnt own a gun cuz i am an inexperienced craftsman

go fuck yourself statist libtard cumgoblin
>>
>>33349874
>I don't know what I am doing
>but I still did it
My point still stands.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489872744653.jpg (222KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489872744653.jpg
222KB, 1706x960px
>>33349696
>protip: dont be a dumb nigga like me
I wasn't.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.