[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punch daggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1133.jpg (250KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1133.jpg
250KB, 700x525px
What does /k/ think about punch daggers? To my understanding brass knuckles are pretty autistic but punch daggers actually seem useful.
>>
>>33344550

They're both considered deadly weapons by most countries/states.
>>
>>33344550
Brass knuckles are good because they don't require technique beyond "punch shit" and they don't kill the person you hit them with.

Punch someone in the stomach with a knife and they're fucked even if they do live. You also need to pay attention to angles of force and shit, same with any bladed weapon, so effectively using them becomes harder, if still simple.

Just use a gun, you've already removed all utility the knife has with that stupid grip. Or carry a proper knife, it kills people just the same.
>>
>>33344550
Just use a normal knife. Punch daggers offer zero benefits over a normal knife and are much harder switch from hand to hand in a fight.
>>
>>33344733

If you're a skilled / decent boxer with one or two of those knives, you can do some ridiculous damage mate.
>>
>>33344782
>if you are a skilled/decent knife fighter with one you can do some ridiculous damage with one mate

>if you are a skilled decent gun fighter

>if you are a skilled decent sledge hammer weilder

>ETC.

HURR DURR
>>
>>33344857

Talking specifically about punch daggers, there's no need to freak the fuck out.
>>
>>33344654
>that stupid grip
found the guy who never held a punch dagger
>>
I used one once in a fight I got into at this dude's apartment. Dude pulled a pen of all things and stabbed me in the knuckles. Not sure who trained the guy but he kicked the shit out of me. I ended up faking my own death by throwing myself out of his window. Hitting the ground hurt a hell of a lot less than staying in that fight.
>>
>>33345041
>things that never happened
>>
>>33344782
>If you're a skilled / decent boxer
here's the problem: most people aren't skilled/decent boxers. punch daggers are a niche tool, and a traditional knife is more useful to the untrained
>>
>>33344550
If you know how to use it right, probably good.
But so is every weapon.

As for the comparison with brass knuckles, the aims of the two weapons are different

Brass knuckles are meant to hit your opponent harder while injuring yourself less.
You don't aim at killing the guy, just at knocking him out or hurting him so much he won't be able to stand up.
It can help to mitigate the edge in strength or skill of your opponent, much like a knife in a fist fight, but with less likelihood of deadly results.
>>
File: knife vs pen.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
knife vs pen.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>33345049
>never happened
Tell that too my knuckles faggot, push daggers are shit tier weapons.
>>
>>33345158
you look like a neanderthal
>>
>>33345158
>I got my ass kicked while using a push dagger, so clearly the push dagger is the problem
>>
>>33344654
>they don't kill the person you hit them with.

Wasn't the reason for them becoming illegal in most places that people treated them like a mostly harmless "off" switch for human beings and folks were getting killed or getting brain damage all over the place?
>>
>>33344550
Looks effective to me
https://youtu.be/NWUUxu5WHKY
>>
>>33345526
Pretty sure you're thinking of saps and blackjacks.
>>
>>33345041
>>33345049
>>33345516
>>33345203
>>33345158
One of the greatest action movies ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA
>>
File: 1438109651556.jpg (58KB, 454x454px) Image search: [Google]
1438109651556.jpg
58KB, 454x454px
>>33345538
>serrated push dagger
>>
>>33345541
We had an incident of that in Kona years back. They tried to hit the old man who took the coins out of the airport machines in the back of the head with a fishbat or small wood paddle to knock him out so they could get the couple hundred in coins as he was finishing his rounds. They fractured his skull and likely inflicted a fatal wound on the first hit but it didn't knock him out like in the movies so they spent something like 10 minutes beating him trying to make him pass out and stop screaming before he finally went unconscious and died.
>>
>>33344654
>Brass knuckles ... don't kill the person you hit them with.
Yes, they do.
If you know how to throw a punch at all, brass knuckles are gonna cracks skulls and damage brains.
We literally had a thread about it yesterday.
It concentrates the entire force of your punch into a small, extremely hard point.
>>
>>33345541
Saps and blackjacks dissipate the force of a blow, which is why they knock someone out. Like football pads or boxing gloves.
Brass knuckles do the exact opposite.
They're literally a deadly weapon, and one that, due to retards like you memeing, are really likely to accidentally kill people.
>>
>>33345578
>Saps and blackjacks dissipate the force of a blow, which is why they knock someone out
>due to retards like you memeing, are really likely to accidentally kill people

Batons using springs like saps and blackjacks strike way harder than a regular baton. And since hits to the head with conventional batons can easily be fatal if used on the head or neck I'm gonna go ahead and urge you to do a serious self analysis and then kill yourself.
>>
>>33345594
Go ahead and compare the shape and composition of a baton to that of a sap and blackjack
You'll notice some major differences.
The spring, rounded or flat (but wide profile) and heavy padding on the heads of blackjacks and saps all act to transfer kinetic energy while minimizing damage.
Batons on the other hand, concentrate the entire striking force into a small, very hard point.
Surface area matters quite a bit.

Comparing a blackjack and a baton is exactly like comparing a boxing glove and brass knuckles, actually.
>>
>>33344887
If you're a skilled enough boxer to utilize a retarded finger knife, you don't need a retarded finger knife.
>>
>>33345526
>>33345573
I thought the specific example I gave was enough to prove my point, but apparently not. Yes, you CAN kill someone with brass knuckles. It's even fairly easy, but as far as escalating a punch to lethality they aren't even proximal to punch daggers.

>>33345024
>assumptions followed by general retardation
Punch daggers are useless for 99% of the tasks knives are generally used for.
>Buh id doesn't do those, it kills people!
Get a gun
>>
>>33345626
Blackjacks, in general, have the same diameter of a baton. Saps don't but that doesn't change the fact that the difference is minuscule and that they still impact more force on an area than a conventional baton. The padding isn't heavy on any of them, it's just sturdy leather to keep the thing in one piece.

Cops used to carry them (they still do but it's rare) because they thought, like you do, that they do less damage to a person than a conventional baton so you can just bump someone in the head and they'll just be out for a couple of minutes to wake up with no real damages. The result was permanent injuries and even fatalities galore. Get this through your head, the fact that it has a spring in it makes it more deadly not less.
>>
>>33345674
The spring absorbs shock, this is the way it is

There was a study on batons and they found that the most important thing for transferring force were the size and weight of the baton, if the blackjack is smaller and lighter than a baton it will transfer less force
>>
>>33346024
Source on that study? Size and weight certainly play a major part but I would like to see what they found out specifically about springs.
>>
Anyone ever blackjack themselves in the flea market?

I didn't think they were as effective as they are. You guys made it seem like I'd be fine.
>>
>>33345626
>Surface area matters quite a bit.
You are aware that you strike with the edge of the sap right? You only strike with the flat if you don't want to fuck somebody up for life.

>>33346024
>if the blackjack is smaller and lighter than a baton it will transfer less force
You do realize that blackjacks and saps weight about the same as an average baton (if not more), but concentrate their weight in a smaller package rather than spreading it over the length of the baton?
>>
>>33344550

so it's a less versatile knife? you can stab with a regular knife you know, as well as cut.

they're silly.
>>
>>33345627
lel, boxing is a garbage tier "martial art" for actual confrontations. Sure, it's better than having no training at all, but it's absolutely retarded in the context of a fight outside of a ring.
>>
>>33345203
>>33345516
It's from a Bourne movie stupids
>>
>>33346563
they're probably the same dimwits who replied seriously to the grayman thread
>>
>>33344550
stupid
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.