[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Izhmech Mp412

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: therex.jpg (14KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
therex.jpg
14KB, 400x258px
Izhmech never put the mp412 into production because there was market desire for this type of break action revolver .. but after Bf4 they never produced them either, seems to me they are just lazy.
I would give a testicle to own a mp412
>>
>>33343482
(op)
No desire *
>>
did you know russia cant export guns to america?
>>
>>33343482
>Design a gun for the US market in the 90s
>can't sell to the US market
>>
>>33343490
sell the Rights to the Mp412 to a different manufacturer then . . .
>>
>>33343522
Wasn't made for the Us market .it was made for Export hence " REX" .
>>
>>33343592
And what does export mean? Dumbass.
It was designed for the civilian market. At the time civilian ownership of firearms in Russia was basically non-existent and we didn't allow importation of Russian firearms, so they had was the European market, which, at the time wasn't worth investing in.
>>
>>33343645
You are a different kind of stupid, a very special kind of stupid, bet your parents get one hell of a tax cut.
>>
They did make MP412's that could actually be fired, right?

It wasn't just all prototypes and mockups?
>>
File: Argument-triangle-image.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Argument-triangle-image.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>>33343680
Please explain what exporting means, other than calling me names?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>33343645
where did you pull those facts from? your dogs ass?
>>
>>33343700
ya they have actual models out there but never went into mass production , I can't>>33343726
find any for sale I am sure they are a coveted collectors gun at this point
>>
>>33343726
This is a forum about the Mp412 not definitions
you are lost go to /biz/ or /gfys/
>>
What's the benefit/drawback to break top over swing out?
>>
>>33343771
nostalgia lol
I would say reload speed but a speed loader with a wheel gun sorta renders the break action useless, the mp412 also looks like the wheel and frame are closer together so maybe mitigating muzzle blast as well
>>
>>33343726
you aren't even arguing (ops) point you said the Mp412 was made for the US market
( op) obviously did his research and said no it was made for Export.
You proceeded to cry.
>>
File: 1465710458494.png (101KB, 741x727px) Image search: [Google]
1465710458494.png
101KB, 741x727px
>>33343732
So when are you going to point out what was wrong?
>>33343743
Nobody ever imported them and it never reached serial production. You'll only find them in Baikal/Izhevsk offices.
>>33343763
So you have no idea what you're talking about? Nice.
>>
File: 1487034470827.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487034470827.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>33343482
>Izhmech never put the mp412 into production because there was no desire for this type of break action revolver
we'll never know whether it would have been a commercial success because it was barred from importation to the US due to a mutual agreement between the US and Russia to halt the trade of "non-sporting" firearms between the two countries. The Russian domestic handgun market was and is tiny in comparison to the US's due to restrictive laws, so the REX ultimately had no reason to exist and the project died.

>but after Bf4 they never produced them either
that's because the legal landscape hadn't changed one iota since the 90s. They weren't magically able to import non-sporting purpose guns again just because DICE made a video game.

>>33343585
it's been decades since the project died, the people who worked on the REX have moved on to different projects, left the company or retired. On top of that, the tooling used to make the prototypes has either been destroyed, repurposed or left to rust in a godforsaken corner of the Izhevsk plant forgotten by mortal men. Hell, the company that designed the REX doesn't even EXIST anymore, it's been superseded by the Kalashnikov Concern. Making even one revolver would take extensive communication with the KC to pull the old gang back together and gather the technical knowledge that was scattered to the four corners of Siberia, and none of this would be easy.

>>33343743
of course you can't find any for sale, none (0) were imported into the US.

>>33343771
break-top allows for some nifty auto-ejection systems to get rid of spent casings. The main drawback is that break-tops are inherently weaker than conventional revolvers by design.
>>
>>33343811
Baikal/Izhevsk offices rofl
now its painfully obvious you are just pulling shit from your dogs ass
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>33343855
>>
>>33343810
MP412 was designed for the civilian handgun/revolver markets and what is the biggest market? I'll admit I did mess up semantics in my original post, my apologies.
>>33343874
>Designed by Izhevsk plant
>Would have been marketed under the Baikal name
Ya, right out of my dogs ass right?
>>
>>33343855
On a slightly less related note, how would we make break top revolvers great again?

What can be done to strengthen the system?

Are side breaks like the bullshit in Deus Ex Human Revolution a logical conclusion?

And how come we haven't made caseless revolvers (that aren't BP)?
>>
>>33343961
mp412 was designed in russia
there is no civilian handgun/revolver market in russia

the russians would have to export the gun from russia to the american market to sell it
>>
>>33344028
Yes, that's what I've been saying and we can't import any firearms manufactured in Russia for sale.
>>
>>33343985
It's a wet dream I have, but the top break system just isn't great. Eventually the latch will get loose and the extraction system only works on short cases.
>>
>>33343482
>BF4
The Rex dates back to at least BC2, and I'm pretty sure it was in BC1.
>>
File: 1479287266612.jpg (919KB, 2000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1479287266612.jpg
919KB, 2000x1294px
>>33343985
>how would we make break top revolvers great again?
producing any sort of modern break-top would be a good start, as of now nobody makes them as far as I know.

the ideal break-top revolver would have a solution to the problems pointed out by >>33344080 , which are existent on all break-tops that shoot normal-power ammunition.

>What can be done to strengthen the system?
I really don't have an answer to this, you'd have to somehow address the stress placed upon the locking latch which causes it to loosen over time.

>Are side breaks like the bullshit in Deus Ex Human Revolution a logical conclusion?
has anyone ever made a modern side-break? It seems like it would address the issues inherent in a top-break design pretty well, but it doesn't look like it would provide any advantages over a normal revolver.

>And how come we haven't made caseless revolvers?
caseless ammo in general never really took off, it wouldn't make any sense to make a revolver that shoots a type of ammunition that isn't commercially available. I think a concept similar to the Diamondback would be interesting, you could perform quick reloads pretty easily when your cylinder is functionally disposable.
>>
>>33344080
I don't think the 412 actually ejects the casings, 357 is a long casing definitely longer than the .455 found in a Webley
>>
>>33344349
>I don't think the 412 actually ejects the casings
it supposedly has an ejection system that can be toggled on and off
>>
>>33344333
a side break IMO would seem to make the whole structure issue worse. The top break of the Mp412 suffers from structural fopaws like all break top revolvers but a side break would seem to make those even worse. Would be a cool concept however , I would certainly want to shoot one
>>
>>33344376
Disengaging the ejecting rod would be the means of on/off I am assuming. It would eject .38 spc exclusively than ?
>>
>>33344333
I figured that a side break (the Russians did one btw) would make it possible to get rid of screws all together at least on the locking swivel, and since it's going sideways a dovetail could potentially Be used instead of a latch.

The whole "ejecting cases automatically" thing is a problem, but I mean, we're not looking to chamber 30-30, we're looking for .357 magnum (or .38 special for a prototype).
The length isn't THAT great, is it?

I also figured going with something akin to the Rhinos barrel position thingy would help mitigate stress on any locking latches.
>>
>>33344396
what's this Russian side break ?
>>
>>33344403
One of the Stetchkin made pistols.
It also used captive piston ammunition.
>>
>>33343482
Is this a shitpost?
>>
>>33344542
Found it
Stechkin OTS-38
But the Drum is the only thing that swings out so its not really a break action more of a Regular revolver
>>
>>33344636
No you just have your head up your ass ..
>>
>>33345130
>but after Bf4 they never produced them either, seems to me they are just lazy.

Are you some kid from /v/ then?
>>
>>33345182
tell yourself whatever you need to keep your tiny ego warm at night xoxo
>>
>>33345205
It was a legitimate question. And yet the first thing you do is sling vulgarity. Are you sure you're not a shitposter?
>>
>>33345227
>>
>>33345245
Why do people come here to just shitpost?
>>
>>33345253
you are the expert in that field do tell us of your peoples ways?

you literally are just talking circles . and you are aware of the definition of a shitpost yes ?

Shitposting - A worthless post on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform

literally you are shitposting about shitposting
shitpostception

Op makes a point
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>33345265
And what point is that pray tell? That a revolver that you saw in a video game wasn't produced after the explosive success of a particular game title that you like?

No, your OP is a shitpost, because even the most cursory of searches on google will explain why it was never produced. Someone coming posting in the thread and asking if it was a legitimate question isn't shitposting.
>>
>>33345288
Op makes a good point , Your cursory google search obviously would have told you it was produced for export but lacked a market, why wouldn't you consider remarketing a pistol that was made very popular from a very successful video game. Sure not practical to do so but it does seem somewhat "lazy" considering the amount of free advertising the Rex has gotten . But you obviously shit glitter and piss unicorns so while your at it tell us the secret to the universe oh might ghandalf
>>
>>33345314
No, your OP isn't making a good point. The odd nerd or underaged kid here and there taking an interest in some snowflake revolver made in Russia won't suddenly make it popular enough for KC to even begin to want to tool up and start making a production run for a gun that is unremarkable and unlikely to sell in quantities that justify just tooling up for it. And that's not even the worst of it. Simply remarketing the gun still doesn't open up the US market for legal reasons. Who else, then, is going to buy it? Europeans? Will that be a market big enough for KC to even care? It's possible, but it won't be because of a video game you played. The gun would be sold at a higher price than it would if it were being sold on a wider market because of economies of scale. And what does the Rex offer that a Korth or Manurhin couldn't offer? The fact that it's a top breaking action? Come on, you know this is dumb.
>>
>>33345364
considering " tooling" wouldn't be much to do since the Mp412 is 80% polymer, cheap to produce and to skirt the Legal issue just produce it under a company that can import like gee I don't know Taurus for example. that would save even more . More over , why hasn't anyone done a reproduction of it that does seem silly sorta. Look at the Rhino and the Serbu the Rhino is stupid popular now because of a shit movie and the Serbu ss rode the BF wave into the popular crowd. does seems sorta silly no one is making a modern break top revolver especially considering their are far worse novelty guns being made.
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (126KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
126KB, 960x720px
>>33345397
>" tooling" wouldn't be much to do since the Mp412 is 80% polymer
I agree, it will be cheaper than an all metal gun.
>to skirt the Legal issue just produce it under a company that can import like gee I don't know Taurus for example
>Taurus
Are you sure you're not a fucking troll?
Taurus is shit and they make shit guns. Now I don't know how good a Russian built MP412 would have been if it actually existed, because Russian pistols are practically fucking nonexistent in the US outside of a few Russian Maks and Nagants that float around on the US market. Canadians on /k/ say that the civilian/export version of the Grach (the Viking), which like you, I also wish I had because of Battlefield, but can't get because of import laws, is a particularly crappy pistol with rough edges and in general had poor machining quality.
>why hasn't anyone done a reproduction of it that does seem silly sorta
Well firstly, you'd have to have a producer license it or buy the design from Kalashnikov Concern if the technical data is even still around from when Izhmech went under and was absord. And then it would have to be marketed as some sort of gimmick, because it really isn't gonna stand on its own merits as a firearm in a market that is absolutely saturated with all sorts of shit you could ever want.
>Look at the Rhino and the Serbu the Rhino is stupid popular now because of a shit movie and the Serbu ss rode the BF wave into the popular crowd.
I don't know what makes you think video games made those guns popular amongst gun owners. I've never seen any of those guns in a gunshop and I've never seen them in a gunshow.
> does seems sorta silly no one is making a modern break top revolver especially considering their are far worse novelty guns being made.
I agree there are far worse novelty guns being made.
>>
>>33345499
ex·am·ple
iɡˈzampəl/
noun
a thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule

you seem to have a very loose understanding of the English language but shit out "information" like you think you are google.
>>
>>33345511
You could have picked ANYTHING, but you chose TAURUS. And your only rebutt is:
>for example

Anything else you'd like to talk about?
>>
>>33343490
All those new import veprs must be snuck in via your asshole right?
>>
It's Izhmash.
>>
>>33345744
Izhmash is Izhevsk Machinebuilding Plant.
Izhmekh is Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, which is where the Rex was designed.

Both merged to form Kalashnikov Concern.
>>
>>33343680
You're a goddamn retard. Just admit you were wrong.
>>
>>33343810
> Op obviously did his research

nigga where do you think you are?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.