[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I found these weapons in a old locker my grandfather used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: my gind.jpg (36KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
my gind.jpg
36KB, 360x640px
So I found these weapons in a old locker my grandfather used to have.

ITT: Weapons that were handed down to you from family (WW2, WW1, etc)
>>
File: guns pt.2.jpg (40KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
guns pt.2.jpg
40KB, 360x640px
>>33343338
2/5
>>
3/5
>>
4/5
>>
>>
Im jelous as hell anon
>>
>>33343403
>sporterized mauser
I'd shit on your grandads grave if i could, luger and pearl griped Llama are nice tho
>>
>>33343338
cool stuff anon, that luger is beautiful
>>
>everything's fucking broken
nice
>>
>>33343363
Colt woodsman very nice
>>
>>33343450
Why, are you mad that someone took a rifle they made literally millions of and fixed up?

Fuck off with your MUH PRESERVERATION faggotry. Save it for Forgotten Weapons
>>
>>33343338
The top one appears to be missing it's lever.
>>33343363
Noice, a Llama (the top one) three Rohms (don't try to shoot them ever)
A Luger (appears to have parts of the toggle missing)
And a Colt woodsman.
>>33343403
Don't know don't care for the top four, but that bottom's a butchered Mauser
>>33344161
Fuck you.
You people are the reason non-fucked ones are so damn expensive.

You can just go buy a savage axis for $200 cheaper if you want a damn hunting rifle.
>>
>>33344161
and how many millions were destroyed in TWO world wars hmm, or destroyed over the years in conflicts over the world? Or destroyed by euro and aussie cucks after guns were declared haram there?Gross manufactured number does NOT equal number still in existence you fucking retard
>>
>3 rohms

kek your gpa was a wpns dealer for crooks.

every god damn piece of literature and tv shows back in the day reference those fucking rohms.
>>
My uncle is giving me my Grandfather's Erma Werke lever action .22 next time we meet, he lives in Texas, me in Indiana, and he doesn't trust shipping it. My favorite part is that it's stamped with "Made in West-Germany"
>>
>>33344197
Dude, nobody gives a fucking fuck about the history of that gun, just like nobody gives three donkey shits about old AKs. I enjoy my sporterized Mauser with a drilled and tapped scope, and laughed when I told the seller what I was planning to do with it after we exchanged money, since I know faglords like you exist out there. What, should we preserve every fucking mosin nagant too while we're at it, they filled the EXACT same role in the Russian Army? Oh right, the Mauser is inherently special for some fucking reason.

I get that some weapons have historical significance, but when they get made in enough numbers, and their design gets copied into most bolt action rifles, I have a hard time giving a fuck.

>>33344189

>You can just go buy a savage axis for $200 cheaper if you want a damn hunting rifle.

Implying I would buy that Garbage? I'll take a Winchester Model 70, preferably Pre-64 Action, or maybe a Ruger No. 1, becuase I'm not a fucking poorfag. Fuck off, your reccomendations are shit. I bet you think the Remington 700 is the bee's tit's too, you scrub.
>>
>>33344434
>What, should we preserve every fucking mosin nagant
yes, because as time move forward there WILL be less, you think like the baby boomer faggots post WW2 who chopped up any rifle thye could and now there are even less of them and more expensive for those that still do exist
>but when they get made in enough numbers
reading comprehension asshat, Gross manufactured does NOT equal Net number in existence, and that was especially true post 1918 and 1945
>>
>>33344475
You know what, you're fucking right. Let's put all rifles over 20 years old in muesums and never fire them again.
>>
eh
>>
Somewhere in my basement is a 1916 Gewehr 98. Unfortunately its in horrible condition: rusted to fuck, both the magazine and safety on the bolt are missing, bolt itself is completely frozen up. It does have 11 notches cut into the stock so that's cool I guess, but not sure why we kept it around since its in such a bad state of disrepair
>>
>>33344189
Yeah some of these rifles are in pretty bad shape they've been in the locker for more than 30 years. I have the lever for the gun we just have to reattach it. The Llama and the Luger are my favorites. Btw what do you mean by butchered Mauser?
>>
>>33344712
original full stock has been cut down to be used for sport
>>
>>33344547
You can probably get it repaired anon but it'll be pretty pricey.
>>
Oh I see it's a bait thread
>>
>>33345280
Every inherited fun thread is a bait thread.
>>
>>33344434
>Dude, nobody gives a fucking fuck about the history of that gun

You actually said this after making a thread asking about "that gun" and others like it.

Fucking leave now and never come back. Alternately, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>33343450
>>33344189
>>33344197
>>33344475
>>33344730
If they were his Grandpa's guns wouldn't it have been likely that it was done in a time where those rifles were like $20 each? If it was done now I agree but if it was back then I could see how he wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>33347700
Because of bubbas back then, they cost as much as they do now.
>>
>>33347955
I doubt that they cared then.
>>
>>33344434
>not a poorfag
>sportersises milsurp
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
what's it like lying on the internet?
>>
File: 1478704545304.jpg (110KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478704545304.jpg
110KB, 497x640px
>>33344434
You make bad choice don't you? I guess I should thank you. Thanks for making me richer, I'm sorry you'll stay poor.
>>
File: IMG_2110.jpg (573KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2110.jpg
573KB, 1936x1936px
>>33343338
I got a shotgun from each upon their passing.
>>
File: DSCF2076.jpg (310KB, 1000x394px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2076.jpg
310KB, 1000x394px
All I have is my grandpa's '53 Remington 760, possibly the most fudd rifle ever made. Nice gun though, and really makes me want a vintage 870.

The hat and badge are his from the '60s as well.
>>
And old single shot .22lr rifle made by Cooey

I would've gotten a luger but he said someone stole it long before I was born
>>
>>33343338
your gramps was a fudd
>>
>>33348167
thats awesome dude, and it looks like youve taken good care of them. people like you make me feel better about the world.
>>
>>33343338
although i myself and a bit of an autist about old german weapons, i can understand the time your grandpa lived in and preserving old "nazi" guns wasnt in anyones real interest.

but please tell me the luger is ok.....at least lie to me...
>>
>>33344216
whats a rohm?
>>
>>33343338
No weapons handed down because my feminazi of an aunt gave away all my grandfather's arms to the police when he passed away.
>>
>>33348308
shitty cheap german pistols
>>
I got a sporterized Chilean Mauser and a bolt-action shotgun from mine.
>>
>>33343382
That an original trench knife?
>>
>>33347974
They didn't care them, still don't care now. Just like they actually have no clue at what they are doing when they take their hacksaw to something.
>>
I got a .270 durr rifle, a high standard pump shotgun, a high standard .22 revolver and the .22 single shot rifle that I learned to shoot on. I still have all but the durr rifle, since I gave it to my father's best friend since I don't hunt and he always coveted that gun.
>>
>>33348162
How fucking long is that barrel? it looks stupid long
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.