[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we still have different regiments for militia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: abrams on train.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
abrams on train.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
Mixing pros and plebs is more effective than leaving the two seperate.

The whole idea behind dedicated militia units was being able to train them locally.

Since we already ship all our units across the country for training anyway why aren't we having the pros train the part timers?

Instead of the current system of the part timers showing up and fucking up and the pros absolutely loathing them.
>>
>>33342725
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_cohesion

Diluting soldiers that trust each other with fuckups in order to reduce the danger of the fuckups is not how you create a functioning military unit.
>>
File: 139215039192.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
139215039192.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>33342725
>Pros forced to clean and do bullshit work during peacetime, eat terrible on-base food, and if they're lucky they can get a long holiday weekend to travel home once in a while

>reservists are allowed to go home, see their girlfriends, eat good food, etc while they're not on monthly drill, which is most days

>implying the pros won't loathe them even more if they're mixed into a composite unit
>>
>>33342842
>forced to clean and do bullshit work during peacetime, eat terrible on-base food, and if they're lucky they can get a long holiday weekend to travel home once in a while

I never got that, why do soldiers have to remain on base 24/7 in the us? Most other countries have their soldiers work almost office hours, except when they're on exercise/duty obviously.
>>
>>33342725

That idea is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>33342725

You know what is funny, some times the pros are taught by the part timers.

My coworker went to Master Gunner school for the M1A1.

He actually changed their curriculum when he gave them a full explanation on why the first HEAT round fired after a Sabot would fly high compared to the next one. The reason he knew this and they didn't? He worked where they made the powder for both and knew that something in the powder for the SABOT lubricated the barrel that got wiped out by the HEAT.
>>
>>33342897
The Northern massas they outlaw slavery but the wise plantation massas trick them good with military labor camps.
>>
>>33342897

>>33342897
>do soldiers have to remain on base 24/7 in the us

They dont, but they sleep in barracks
>>
>>33342808
I seem to remember during The War, units were reinforced with replacements with little combat experience.
That was the last war America won.
>>
>>33342897
>remain on base 24/7
They don't. It's basically a 9-5 job with the addition of PT hours in the morning and fuck awful hours when there's training to be done. Beyond that you're basically allowed to fuck off and do whatever.

It's just that most soldiers live on base. Technically you can live off base if you want but it's expensive. You only get a housing allowance if you're married, a senior NCO, or an officer.
>>
>>33343025
That practice of replacing the dead and wounded with fresh replacements continued through Korea and Vietnam. The Repple Depple got a lot of flak in WW2 too because a bunch of newbies were endangering the experienced men through their inexperience. Like the new guy in Fury who doesn't call out the ambush quick enough and an experienced crew pays the price. On the job training is an expensive way to learn the arts of war.
>>
>>33343057
>>33343017
Yeah that's what I meant. In my country, military housing is available but most of them are empty, soldiers live off base in houses or appartement and come in to work in the morning then fuck off in the evening.
>>
>>33343105
It's cheaper, and because junior soldiers generally live right where they work- excluding married soldiers- it makes it easier to deal with when they fuck up and leave stuff in their rooms. Also it makes it easier to keep accountability and gives them a sense of togetherness.

Modern barracks in the Army really aren't that bad since they raised standards though. Generally you're suppose to have your own bedroom, a closet, then a common kitchen area and bathroom your split with another guy. Not quite as nice as a real apartment, but about on level with a really nice college dorm room.
>>
>>33343163
Tell that to 1BCT in Fort Campbell, I live in a fucking closet familia
>>
>>33343185
I get where you're coming from, they're still working on the whole "modernizing" bit.

You guys still living in the old cinderbrick barracks with the group toilets? Shit sucked. You've at least got your own room though right?
>>
H-hey man, there's nothing wrong with the Guard.
>>
>>33343224
Debatable
>bring out a guard unit to play OPFOR
>have females to play afghani women
>flashbang a group of women
>they have to go the hospital
>no more flashbangs

Meanwhile I watched one of our privates get eat a flashbang then get attacked by a dog one night. Good times.

I will say this though, the Air National guard was better to work with then actual Marine aviation
>doing a jump with Marine C-130
>they don't have grip tape through out the plane
>do one pass
>have to circle around because they couldn't properly deploy the jump platform
>marines fixed by literally jumping up and down on it
For the record the platform is outside the plane
>go for another pass
>pilots miss drop zone
>circle around again
>finally drop
>choppy as fuck
Marine aviation not even once.
>>
Having a ton of mediocre units is worse than having a few elite units and bunch of cannon fodder.
>>
>>33343417
>cannon fodder
This isn't a thing anymore in any relevant armies.
>>
>>33343434
Sorry, highly trained and respected national guard units who are expected to hold their position and do shit all else and we totally care if they take casualties, we swear.
>>
>>33342725
US NG units are often comparable to regulars and generally better than the regulars in most other countries. NG usually gets older equipment less frequent training, but the average guardsmen is also older and a little brighter. Many also do the same sort of job in civilian life (i.e. mechanics, doctors, pilots, cops, managers).
>>
>>33343061
...so you should just form all the new guys into their own units so they can go get massacred, just to make WARFARE EASIER on the experienced guys?
>>
>>33343417
Jesus Christ

This isn't a reliable source, but it shows what's going on:
https://youtu.be/mXCmnTIbAbs?t=92
>>
>>33344451
No, you rotate experienced units back home, fill empty positions- either caused by casualties or ETS- with new guys, then give them a training cycle in garrison to get up to speed.

This isn't fucking rocket science and any current day semi professional army should be able to manage it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.