[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Springfield Armory 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 24289.jpg (70KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
24289.jpg
70KB, 500x302px
Looking to buy one, is it any good? What are some common issues you face when having one, or possibly quality control problems? Are there better suppliers/models/whatever?
>>
OP I have one, unfortunately I've only had it for about 3 weeks and only have 50 rounds of Winchester whitebox balls ammo through her.

No issues so far, but I have found some interesting things about it.
>>
You looking at the MilSpec?

Those are pretty good.

Not too keen on how low they cut the ejection port, but thats not really a big deal.

Double check the flats to make sure they aren't wavy, especially if you get stainless.

With the current prices for new Springers getting so close to Colt prices, I'd just get a Colt if buying new.
>>
>>33340416
What like?

>>33340460
Will do, thanks. Looking at this because it's got a deal going for a bandoleer and four magazines.
>>
OP if you're still lurking I'll be happy to point out what I found out.

I don't want to bump a dying thread if nobody is listening.
>>
>>33340494

Listening, I wanted to buy one of these. Most importantly, what price range is reasonable?
>>
File: 1489792067003-1052045338.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1489792067003-1052045338.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>33340481
The functions fine and feels great, however, there are certain things that bothered me.

1) The wood grips are a bit slippery, wish they had a more aggressive texturing. That aside they're still very aesthetically pleasing.

2) the parkerizing is weaker than I thought but it's still fine in my opinion (I love guns that look working, think it gives it character)

3) look at pic related. The right side of the slide extends a bit more over the frame rails. Does it harm functionality? Not sure, I'll have to fire it more, but my guess is probably not.
>>
>>33340516
Don't pay more than $800 and make sure you take advantage of this

https://www.springfieldpromo.com

Only took 2 weeks and the extra mags are fantastic
>>
>>33340546
Apologize for the upside down picture
>>
Thanks, I appreciate the insight.
>>
>>33340572

Oh my GOD, I like this very much. Gonna start looking around for one, appreciate it.
>>
>>33340572
>bought mine on 1/25
Kill me, famalam
>>
>>33340320
I've had an RO Champion for about 2 years now and have maybe 1,500 rounds through it. It could be anywhere between 1,000 and 2,000, I really don't keep track. I've never had any problems with it though which is what I really care about.
>>
>>33340320
I have two. One was stolen. Bought a new one to replace it. The stolen one was recovered by the police. Sweet! No problems with either. Both are Loaded Combat Models. All of the bells and whistles at a reasonable price.
>>
>>33340320
Just took my TRP to the range for the first time the other day and put about a 100 rounds through it. Shot great and I have always heard good things about the Springfield 1911 pistols and their customer service.
>>
>>33340320

I own the milspec, some thoughts:

No issue with cheapo ammo in 2000 rounds

Love the classic look

The GI grip safety *does* hurt against bare skin after shooting a while

If you plan on upgrading, the cost of parts and service will be more than just buying a Loaded (but you will be able to get what you want more specifically)

I don't regret getting the Milspec, but if I were to do it again, I'd buy a loaded and replace the full length guide rod and call it a day.
>>
>>33340546

the overhanging slide (and extractor in slide) don't affect function - pretty common in "mass market" 1911's. Hand-finished 1911s start like that but a smith takes a grinder to the whole rear and blends everything together. It's purely aesthetic.
>>
File: pistol&knife.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pistol&knife.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33340320
I don't face any issues with mine. Ran about 550 in the month I've had this thing and no problems with FMJ from PMC, Freedom, UMC, Winchester and Hydrashoks.

I bought this thing as a project gun to learn how to fit parts and it's still just as reliable.

OP, keep it stock and it'll run like a top.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.