[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a war with North Korea go down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_7451.png (250KB, 640x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7451.png
250KB, 640x823px
How would a war with North Korea go down?
>>
US nukes them to oblivion.
We have this thread weekly.
>>
China steps in and disposes the Kim dynasty to protect their buffer zone.
>>
it would be a joke but nobody wants to fuck with the threat of nukes, so we just play in our middle east chess board instead
>>
>>33335796

Unless things have really shifted in the last few years, won't they shell the ever loving shit out of Seoul before our planes smoke their artillery positions? Kind of holding South Korea's capital hostage there.
>>
>>33335893
"T-Rex" Tillerson has recently talked about preemptive strikes against the norks. I assume the artillery pointed at Seoul would be on the top of the list along with SAM batteries, missile silos, etc
>>
>>33335893

Estimates have the death toll within acceptable levels based on civilian response times for getting into shelters and appropriate counter battery fire from Worst Korean artillery and air assets.

Yeah it would do a good deal of damage but leveling Seoul is no longer a reasonable outcome.
>>
>>33335903
> pre-emptive strikes

I think that's just saber rattling. Too much of a risk to the SK economy and our relationship with China.
>>
The most salient issue when discussing Korean War Part II is the Chinese response which is NOT easy to predict. My money is that they'd eventually just let the US do it's think after an insane amount of saber rattling
>>
>>33335916
Most likely is. It always is just saber rattling these days...
>>
>>33335796
>>33333333
>>
>>33335907

Crass as it may sound, were I SK leadership, I would be far more worried about damage to infrastructure and the enormous drag on my GDP for the next N years.
>>
>>33335796

Rangers with 82nd or 10th mtn security conduct raids destroying arty and missile installations in range of major south korean population areas and economic/govt interests.
Then either DEVGRU kills Kim and senior leadership.
Then US and China negotiate a reasonable regeime change that maintains North Korea as a soveriegn state (maintaining the buffer zone) but allows the US/UN to ensure a reasonable quality of life for the currently starving masses.

The whole thing would be over in a matter of hours, before anyone has time to react. China would make a huge stink at first, but when the US assures that NK will remain a soveriegn communist state, they'll be happy again. We'd probably also get to disarm NK in exchange for removing some of our military presence in the area (including THAAD)
>>
File: 1363282647753.jpg (46KB, 267x385px) Image search: [Google]
1363282647753.jpg
46KB, 267x385px
>>33335796

We don't want Best Korea to nuke SK, which they probably would. So we try not to antagonize them.

But they're a bunch of faggots who REEE constantly so they'll need to be dealt with sooner or later. Hopefully China just takes care of the problem.
>>
>>33335796
So, while we all agree that NK is incapable of fighting anything other than a Guerrilla campaign, being heavily outmatched by SK alone, and that the first C-130s dropping MREs would cause mass defections, I've got a different question.

This Taepodong 2 Missile appears to have the capability, one operational, to reach Seattle. That being said, given how so far NK has only demonstrated fission bombs, and the fact that it likely has a massive CEP, combined with the number of failed launches they've had, could they actually hit a city sized target, reliably? What's the % chance it actually reaches it's target?
>>
>>33335796
>How would a war with North Korea go down?

The Globalist Bankers would decide that they wanted North Korea's resources and cook up some excuse to invade.
>>
File: jeez-man-he-was-your-uncle.jpg (130KB, 600x1366px) Image search: [Google]
jeez-man-he-was-your-uncle.jpg
130KB, 600x1366px
US nukes them
China nukes any survivors
>>
>>33335998
Even if it can reach Seattle you're forget about America's missile defense.
>>
File: 1463190322133.jpg (99KB, 666x636px) Image search: [Google]
1463190322133.jpg
99KB, 666x636px
>>33335800
fpbp

In all seriousness, the US would not use nukes but would still wipe out Nork military in about a week's time. Nukes if used would not be used in the "kill 'em all" sense but more of the tactical sense.
>>
>>33335796
>Seattle, Portland and Berkley in range of Taepodong 2

Please just let the Norks nuke those shitholes.
>>
Clean up. Hope China keeps its head. Boone wants the broken eggs from the omlette that is North Korea. Best outcome is that China overthrows their government before NK forces the West do do what we really don't want to do.
>>
>>33335998
>Taepodong 2 Missile appears to have the capability, one operational, to reach Seattle

They can probably only throw 1-3 at any given time, and it needs to be fueled. NK doesn't have a great track record with their launches either way.

I wouldn't worry about it. THAAD and GMD, Aegis with SM-3 would deal with any threats they could muster.
>>
>>33335796
I wonder if the US and China already have a secret deal in the event of new Korean War.
>>
Ever heard they phrase "you broke it, you bought it"?

Nobody wants to fucking TOUCH Best Korea because it goes from a thing we occasionally have to roll our eyes and throw some aid at to one of the biggest humanitarian crises of the century.
Anyone conquers the Norks has to sort out 25,000,000 starving, malnourished, brainwashed people who probably can't even get their head around a fucking smartphone.
Understandably, nobody wants to do that. So we let DPRK shake the rattle and shoot their missiles, and we send them the fucking food and kick the can down the road a few more years.
>>
>>33335796
The same way that the last 7 treads we had about it this week concluded
>>
>>33335930
But sabers shouldn't rattle, i think something might be loose
>>
>>33335893
Problem for NK is that only a small portion of their artillery can reach Seoul, they have to be positioned within a certain range of the border to hit Seoul, high rate of dud shells, and SK's interest in hard-kill countermeasures means that hitting Seoul isn't really a trump card for SK. Some analyst paper on it puts something like 30,000 civilian casualties for a fully countervalue strike, but the paper in question is 5 years old.
>>
>>33335998
There are very few indicators that NK has miniaturized their nukes, or made them reliable, enough to utilize in a strategic capacity, on top their general issues with missile reliability.
>>
>>33336219
>30,000 civilian casualties

The big quake in 1906 killed 3000 people. Katrina killed 2000. 30,000 is a very large number of dead people for for any political official to accept.
>>
It would be a colossal nightmare of a war, with thousands of miles of tunnels needing to be cleared from suicidally motivated Norks, an endless rain of rocketry and artillery on SK and invading forces, and the specter of a nuclear bomb.

It would also trash the SK economy for the foreseeable future, and be a humanitarian catastrophe of the first order.

In short it would be bad. The US could do it, but there's a reason we don't. Easier to attempt to wall off the problem diplomatically and economically, than actually deal with it kinetically.
>>
There won't be a war. China will just invade North Korea and install a puppet if anyone starts firing. USA will back off because it's not 1950 anymore and China is way stronger.
>>
>>33336239
Nork "nuke"
Not going anywhere terribly fast.
>>
File: vietconggirl.jpg (76KB, 454x610px) Image search: [Google]
vietconggirl.jpg
76KB, 454x610px
>>33335796
Easy win, after all they are just a bunch of farmers, how would they stand up against a super power?
>>
>>33335955

They do, but nobody wants to say "acceptable losses" in this political climate.
>>
>>33335893
Koreans are honestly shitty people and I wouldn't mind if they got nuked/shelled.
>>
>>33335796
First they'd try to blast Seoul and Tokyo into oblivion and then we'd succeed at blastic Pyongyang into oblivion.

After that it's a long grinding fight as fanatical NK elites and less fanatical NK conscripts are fed into the US military machine.
>>
>>33335998
The Tampon Dong is just a lengthened SCUD missile, they aim for Seattle and they're lucky to hit bumfuck Alaska somewhere, the tech is notoriously unreliable and fickle, being built by North Koreans can not have improved it.

>>33335893
If Norkie artillery even still works.

>has not seen service or maintenance in decades (it's just been left there for all this time)
>is manned by the botton rung of the Norkie military ladder (so presumably some of the worst conscripts in the entire world), their guns are also manually aimed with no electronic sighting

I'd be genuinely surprised if they kill even a thousand people collectively.
>>
On the plus side, a ton of SKs would be escaping to the US, so perfect time to get your discount gook brides.
>>
>>33335796
>China wants its buffer zone
>worst Korea doesn't want to deal with millions of low skill, uneducated, sickly, brainwashed peasants
>best Korean leadership want to continue being the gods of their little world
>US wants to have an official non-Chinese reason to stay in the region
>>
US wins easily because China doesn't want to start a war over a shithole like that, then either it, SK, or maybe some other European place gets stuck dealing with 25 million uneducated, starving, and brainwashed peasants

Nobody likes NK but nobody can help everyone stuck in NK so nobody is going to do anything to NK
>>
>>33336725

What happened? I live right beside new K-town in Dallas, and I find them to be good, hard-working people.
>>
File: 1488361783675.jpg (59KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1488361783675.jpg
59KB, 580x435px
>>33335796
>Nodong
>>
>>33337119
Probably made fun of him for being morbidly obese; it's something that they do.
>>
>>33335800
Were you born retarded, or did your mother just drop you a few times?
>>
>>33335916
You're assuming this administration is a rational actor.

>>33335967
The PRC doesn't want another Korea, they want a unified Korea that is amenable to their wishes and has no need for an American garrison.

The only reason the PDRK still exists is because they don't want to deal with that humanitarian crisis.
>>
>>33337191

That's the entirety of Eas Asia though. Especially with women. Holy fuck, if she doesn't have a thigh gap, she's either a cow or a gorilla.
>>
>>33337119
He's a nip
>>
>>33335893
Their artillery won't hit the Seoul you're thinking of. They'll strike the literal outskirts, leveling the suburbs rather than the city itself.
The Koksan can shoot about 25 miles. Impressive, but their artillery is positioned roughly 30 miles from Seoul. Realistically there are many other smaller cities that would provide a higher counter value and counter force than the propaganda strike at Seoul and are within full reach of their shelling.
Add in the fact that these positions are known they'd get off probably less than half the stock pile they have. Add in the duds and other factors, I doubt it'd be a terrible loss for SK
>>
File: double smug.jpg (29KB, 381x353px) Image search: [Google]
double smug.jpg
29KB, 381x353px
It basically goes down like this: North Korea gets steamrolled in a week or so.

If the KPA's Strategic Rocket Forces is actually dumb enough to lob a nuke at a South Korean city, or even detonate an ADM near US/SK forces (which I'm figuring is the most likely deployment method for a Nork nuke), that basically gives us free reign to pulverize Pyongyang with nuclear weapons.

>mfw all that ancient Nork surplus that hits the market after the conflict
>>
>>33337269
Oh. Taiwanese (pls no bully mainland) don't generally like them either though. "Too materialistic," is the criticism I often hear, which I find ironic.

It's like an Anglo complaining that they are being nickle-and-dimed by a Jewish client.
>>
>>33337306
I've seen the way they use thier weapons, I can guarantee nothing is usable
>>
>>33337326
Koreans really are hyper materialistic, it's like they are making up for thier commie neighbors.
>>
>>33337326

Murrifat here. Why do I get the feeling that everyone in the general vicinity of East Asia hates each other?

The Japs hate the Chinese, the Chinese hate the Taiwanese, the Koreans hate themselves, etc.
>>
>>33337338

So how did they manage to shell that island a few years ago to score political points? Seems like a very real wager.
>>
>>33337348

Same reason as Europe. They've been killing each other over land for the last umpteen centuries.
>>
>>33337352
I mean anything that can be imported, the SKSen are rugged but they have limits, the Mosins saw the worst and roughest fighting in the worst conditions used by less trained conscripts than the Chinese so they are probably even more fucked
>>
>>33336263
He said "casualties", not deaths. Casualties do not always mean the amount of dead.
>>
>>33337348
It begins from historical context(Japan in WWII, China invaded places + recent hegemonic aspirations in the East Asian region), but really because of domestic politics. Take China for example, CCP likes to rile up nationalistic sentiments as a method of consolidating power, but this backfires on them sometimes by forcing them to take stances they rather not. I understand the Japanese are politically apathetic and is pretty much a one-party state, and nationalism is a method for populists to consolidate power. The Koreans have a slightly odd situation in which the liberals/leftists/communists are more nationalistic than the conservative right, mostly because they don't like the US.

TLDR; It's a cheap way of slandering your political opponents and gaining popular support.
>>
>>33336286
What do they write in their little books?
>>
>>33337662
Notes on everything kim says, because he's the smartest or something.
>>
>>33336105
>I wonder if the US and China already have a secret deal in the event of new Korean War.

I would hope so
>>
File: 5101282837_28264df6d6_b.jpg (133KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
5101282837_28264df6d6_b.jpg
133KB, 1024x724px
Would you demobilize a thin qt North Korean soldier grill, and thicken her up with some delicious, barbaric counterrevolutionary Western cuisine?
>>
File: snapcaster_mage.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
snapcaster_mage.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>33337848
Only if it was Tea Girl.
>>
File: 1361311794285.jpg (50KB, 960x615px) Image search: [Google]
1361311794285.jpg
50KB, 960x615px
Let's say a war does not happen (does not seem realistic)

What is the fate of NK? Can the dynasty go on for 100 years? does it collapse from within? What is the endgame?
>>
>>33335796
>North Korea Nukes israel
>Muslim world unites behind Kim Jong Un
>Now have to deal with Nork Muslims
>>
>>33337870
>What is the fate of NK?

Falls from within, as it falls it starts a war of desperation against SK, the war is short lived and China does not get involved, I don't see NK falling without those in power starting a war to try to clinch their own internal power
>>
>>33335796
Whats with all these dongs? Also why not change the name of the one with the furthest range to longdong?
>>
>>33337269
This, nobody hates azns more than azns. You tell a Jap he looks Korean or Vietnamese or something, he'll fly off the handle, them niggas can't stand each other.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48sn4gXKzO4

I'd like to see Kim Han-sol get active politically when reunification happens.

I wonder if, in order to allow for a slow, controlled reunification to avoid the culture and economic shock of a speedier reunion, Han-sol is installed as the North Korean leader. It'd make sense since a continuation of the Kim dynasty for a while longer under a less insane Kim might help the transition towards a true republic.

>that moment when, in the greatest twist of irony on the Korean peninsula, Han-sol becomes the president of a united Korea.
>an English speaking, internationally educated North Korean defector who's uncle, grandpa, and great-grandpa were violent communist dictators
>>
>>33338033
Because they are always working on a bigger dong.
>>
>>33337865
mos def ded
>>
How come the norks name all their missiles after dongs?
>>
>>33337662
>ILOVETHEDEARLEADERILOVETHEDEARLEADERILOVETHEDEARLEADERILOVETHEDEARLEADER
Good enough?
>>
File: Il-28_RB1.jpg (302KB, 1264x504px) Image search: [Google]
Il-28_RB1.jpg
302KB, 1264x504px
This is the only active bomber in the KPA Air Force.

How much fucking blind patriotism, or soju, do you need to pilot this piece of shit?
>>
File: fb7.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
fb7.gif
536KB, 381x512px
>>33339625
>USAF fighter pilots faces when they'll finally encounter an enemy with a large enough air force to shoot down 5 planes for an Ace title
>this will probably be the last time any fighter pilot in the US military will be able to get that designation before the next fighter aces are earned in outer space

You'd better believe USAF fighter pilots jizz themselves at night thinking about gunning down Cold War era KPAAF aircraft.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.