[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: 1487801717994.png (316KB, 379x359px) Image search: [Google]
1487801717994.png
316KB, 379x359px
What is /k/'s opinion on the marines?
Are all of them insufferable idiots?
>>
>>33335520
Fucking leave
>>
>>33335520
huur duur we special force
>>
>>33335520
Assuming you are not a troll or butthurt navy. Compared to army they have per capita about as many dumb fucks but 2 to 3 times as many truly competent hardcore types. The racial disparities are more noticeable and they are generally treated more like shit. So to answer your question no very few are you are just not used to people unwilling to deal with unnecessary bullshit
t ets'ed army mp
>>
>>33335520
We are probably the most efficient branch. Oh you wanted /k/'s opinion? Well then wahhhhhhhh penis envy.
>>
>>33335540
Marines are SOF capable you nigger
>>
>>33335554
No argument from the army re efficiency. You miserable fucks are still squeezing use out of shit we broke during the cold war
>>
>>33335520
Know several Marines, only one is duller than a bag of hammers, the others are smart and a good deal more hardcore than the few Army fags I've met.
>>
>>33335554
Nothing will ever be as efficient as dropping a fuckload of bombs on someone from a plane. This is why chairforce gets all the shekels.
>>
>>33335588
My gear was fresh when I deployed, you Army cunt.
>>
>>33335609
fresh out of the cleaners to wash off the blood of its last owner
>>
>>33335609
Shit did you half drowned rats finally find a budget for rfp? Good on you my brother had to make due a decade ago with an a2 and some brokeass old acog. They did at least get him the plate carrier with xsapi
>>
>>33335618
Whatever, check out
>>33335602

Air Force bitch wants to talk smack. I say he fucks off.
>>
>>33335618
Fuck dude I had to do that with a mrap
>>
>>33335637
I wonder how the fuck that airman is trying to measure efficiency as I know damned well it is not by cost of operation, maintenance, or ordinance when a well placed morter can do wonders for 1% of the cost when its close enough. But I guess for the fuck outta range type strikes when they are the only option might be an argument.
>>
>>33335520
>thread about burger Muhreens
>posts a photo of Finn ranger
u wot mate?
>>
>>33335816
Thread likely made out of ignorance and insecurity and honesty was more productive than expected
>>
>>33335520

a single USMC marine is worth 3 soldiers, we are Americas deadyiest weapon and we would take the fight to the enmany and kick there bitchpussy asses because we are a brotherhood that can overcome anything that stands in our way
>>
arent the marines just a memebranch invented by the navy to get more funding?
>>
I'm good friends with a marine. He's an idiot but he's not insufferable. He and I always end up getting into trouble together when we go out. He's escalated many situations into barfights just for the hell of it.
>>
>>33335587
SOF capable, not a special forces in themselves.

Though then again, who knows their capabilities if a box of crayons was on the line.
>>
I don't know OP, would you consider a bunch of heavily armed dudebros with a collective IQ of 80 to be "insufferable idiots"?
>>
>>33336102

only liberal nucucks have high IQs
>>
>>33336042
>we are Americas deadyiest weapon
I'm certain it's USAF who's really are Americas deadliest weapon. US won all of its wars for the last 50 years through aerial domination.
>>
>>33336106
kek'd aloud at this
>>
>>33336042
ONE SHOT

ONE KILL

NO FEAR

ALL SKILL

HIGH SPEED

LOW DRAG

OP

IS A FAG
>>
>>33335520
It's mostly the boots who are the cunts.

Actually, do you know who are the absolute worst? The people who change their usernames and gamer tags to "devildogUSMCoorah", wear USMC shit, and talk all this bullshit about how great marines are? It's the kids who haven't even gone to boot yet. It's high school kids who to be Marines. They are the biggest fucking try hards in the world.
>>
>>33336072
Look at history nigger

The navy and marine corps has always been at the presidents discretion. Our first foreign intervention was the Barbary pirates battles which was fought by navy and Marine corps. Up till ww2 the army was always expected to be mustered and funded by the states. Constitutionally speaking and budget wise, Air Force is more likely to be rolled back first by being integrated with the Army, and then the army second since congressional approval is needed. From a 'needs' standpoint the regular army and air force are large, expensive, capable but difficult get approval to deploy.

The navy and Marine corps arent going anywhere.
>>
>>33335609
So you DO suck dicks?
>>
>>33335520
They're the people who bought the line that being treated worse is a honor because it totally makes you a deadlier warrior. They're the people who joined to get that pretty dress uniform so they could get all the pussy like the recruiters said they would. They want glory.

But, after four years or so in the corps, I feel like many if not most mature and are cool. Some do become bitter edgelords, but then again you have those guys in the army too.
>>
>voluntarily giving up all control over your life
is anyone more cucked than milfags?
>>
>>33336115
Oddly enough you could argue that most of our wars that we've fought in the past 60 years have been stalemates because of over reliance on tactical arerial support against assymetric guerilla types.

But I'm almost certainly arguing with a 14 German autist
>>
File: IMG_3012.jpg (363KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3012.jpg
363KB, 1500x762px
>>33335520
They have the best comics tho
>>
>>33336042

Why are marines such mottotards? It's embarrassing.
>>
>>33336042
>I graduated boot 4 days ago, the post
>>
>>33335520
Come on guys. Are we not all brothers, fighting the good fight against tyranny, oppression, and other stuff?
Fuck the air force though.
>>
>>33336156
>reading about Barbary pirates war
that shit gets my dick rock hard, especially Lt. Decatur burning the Philadelphia down to keep shitskins from having it. Old Navy and Marine Corps were fucking hardcore
>>
my dad came out okay. my friend who joined in 2006, not so much. but he was fucked before he went in.
>>
Marines are literally americas meatshield.
>some conflict erupts somewhere and america wants to meddle but can't decalre war?
>just send in the marines by the dozens, no one cares if they die
If you ace the ASVAB the marines will actually turn you down because thinking is not a trait they want marines to have
>>
>>33335520

I'd say it's about 20% idiots, 70% average Joes, and 10% truly intelligent people.

You have the real fucking dumbasses who clearly joined because they didn't have anything else to do in life. Highschool took its toll and college wasn't really an option. These people are usually given the heavy guns to utilize their retard strength. They make it to Corporal on PFT scores alone and stay there until EAS.

The average Joes were the guys like myself. People who bought into the sense of "duty", joined because of family traditions, or simply wanted to travel and get that GI bill. The Joes are average at just about everything: writing orders, landnav, call for fire, leading squads, and just general tactics. Average Joes can make it to all enlisted ranks and most officer ranks with simple tenacity and time.

The intelligent people, they're a unique bunch. These guys excel at almost everything they do in the Corps. They are natural born leaders with inherent tactical mindsets. Sometimes this can be misconstrued as being "moto" but in reality they are just good at what they do. These guys climb the ranks fast, usually getting meritorious promotions with every other rank. Whether or not they decide to stay in the Marine Corps is usually determined by 2 things: 1. Their acceptance into OCS 2. Their acceptance into Special Forces. If for some reason neither of those things happen, they usually decide not to re-enlist, with few exceptions of course.
>>
>>33335587
>Marines are SOF capable
according to themselves
>>
>>33336369
>If you ace the ASVAB the marines will actually turn you down because thinking is not a trait they want marines to have

Nice lie. Or is it simple ignorance?

I nearly aced the ASVAB and was offered a guaranteed position in Intelligence and a $20,000 sign-on bonus if I took a 6 year contract.
>>
>>33336369
This though
>send in muhreens to third world shitholes, underequipped and with army hand me downs
>>
>>33336401
And everyone else.
>>
How do I become a philosopher warrior like Mattis?
>>
>>33336520
If you have to ask, it's impossible.

You're simply born one.
>>
>>33336520
Sell your TV and computer, read books all day, quit jacking off, don't fuck with hoes, don't drink or smoke, and train your body to kill, and train your mind to know when and why to kill. In other words, if you're here, it's far, far too late
>>
>>33336543
you're forgetting that, like all marines, he has to have sex with his squadmates "for the bonding"
>>
>>33336568

Friend from HS became a marine, at some point during cold-weather training he and his squad had to snuggle for warmth. He told everyone at a bar that while snuggling they fondled each other's dicks to prove they weren't homos.
>>
File: 1483997227879.jpg (137KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
1483997227879.jpg
137KB, 806x908px
>>33335520
>Are all of them insufferable idiots?
Nah. I was Army infantry. I've met infantry from the Marines and unless the guy was a brand new private, they were just like us. They call them "boots" and they're still indoctrinated with that pure CORP MOTO. Cool dudes for the most part.

BUT, if you meet their POGs, be prepared. They're on another level of cringe.
>>
>>33336715

>I may be admin but I went through MCT
>That means I'm just as good as the infantry if not better.
>I may be a female marine but I have a better PFT and CFT than most grunts!
>All marines wear the same uniform therefore we have the same fighting capability.

Like clockwork going through IPAC or a regimental office. It doesn't help their SNCO's only embolden them to say that shit too and then shield them with their rank when they cry to them about being called POG fucks.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/careers/marine-corps/2014/11/17/pog-vs-grunt-marine/18905805/
>>
>>33336792
Some POGs are better than others, though.

The Engineers and Arty guys that are often attached to grunt units for deployments are pretty cool. At least the ones I was with were.
>>
>>33336680
that's adorable

are they still together?
>>
>>33336822

Combat arms besides infantry are their own thing really. It's more of when kids go to the recruiters office and are asked what they want to be as a Marine, the first answer shouldn't be "admin" or "supply". Granted, you will have your recon washouts who get fucked into going into admin but it sucks to suck and you should of pushed through.

Shit, you enlist in the marines to do marine things not civilian things wearing a marine corps uniform. Then again, that's probably why the demographics are the way they are in those MOS's.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489769344056.jpg (128KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489769344056.jpg
128KB, 806x908px
>>33336251
Damn right
>>
>>33336333
Truth has been spoken. Also goes for army
>>
File: 1485916679318.png (12KB, 899x237px) Image search: [Google]
1485916679318.png
12KB, 899x237px
SEMPA FIE MUHREENS
>>
File: 1432268308888.png (92KB, 270x257px) Image search: [Google]
1432268308888.png
92KB, 270x257px
>>33337116
>the DO NOT have rapid deployment capability
>>
>>33337116

MEU's say you're a faggot.
>>
>>33337116
>Army boots are on the ground first, every time

Listen, let's clear some shit up here. The old Marine slogan is "First to fight".

This is generally a historical statement referring to the fact that the Marine Corps is the only branch that is forward deployed all year 'round. Not once did I hear any Marine make the claim that "The Marines are always the first to fight, or the first on the ground."

Who's the "first to fight" anyway? Is it the first person to fire a gun? Is it the pilot that drops a bomb somewhere weeks before any ground combat? Is it the special forces/recon guys going in under the veil of darkness to provide intel for an upcoming invasion?

Basically, in a nutshell, you and whoever made the post in your screencap are giant faggots.
>>
>>33336401
No, that's actually real.
>>
>>33337116
The Army takes it and the Marines hold it.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.