[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever got someone into guns? How was it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1474598011292.jpg (102KB, 744x563px) Image search: [Google]
1474598011292.jpg
102KB, 744x563px
Have you ever got someone into guns? How was it like?
>>
>>33334527
No,
But I have gotten guns into someone
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (158KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
158KB, 1200x675px
Yes, it's great. It's even better because his wife is a nogun lib.

I just want to lick her tears away when he buys his first AR.

>Pic totally unrelated but cool as fuck
>>
>>33334527
>have best friend in high school
>he's a great athlete and plays football and basketball at a large public school
>naturally has some minority friends
>stays close with one black guy, I slowly make friends with him as he's a good guy at heart but considers us "crazy rednecks"
>we lose contact for almost five years
>he has some bad shit happen, ends up living on best friend's ranch while working to support his girlfriend at daughter at 22
>we reconnect
>every time I go to the ranch I talk him into shooting with me
>we've been shooting weekly on the ranch since Christmas, he now watches Hickok45 regularly and is saving up to buy his first gun
>now talks about how he wants to get proficient with firearms so he can protect his daughter and girlfriend if a happening happens or home invasion
>best friend indicates he's coming to ranch for his spring break, he graduates college in June and lives out of state as a D1 athlete
>first thing black friend says is "be ready for shooting Tuesdays, anon and I are gonna teach you a thing or two"
I'm really happy for the guy and proud.
>>
>>33334649

> "'I are gonna teach you a thing or two'"
> black friend

Let us know how that goes anon.
>>
>>33334701
He's just excited about his new hobby. Best bud and I have been shooting together since we were 14 and his ex-SF dad went full "am I being detained" after Obama got elected. What have you done this year to help improve the black community that's not going anywhere in this country?
>>
My father is considering an air rifle to dispose of a woodpecker that keeps going after the house. He has been trying fake owls, but since I started shooting again he realized "I could just shoot the little sob". Its a suburban area, so .22 LR is not safe and a .410 is too loud. Air rifle would be ideal, and he could practice in the backyard.
>>
>>33334527
This is something all /k/omrades should be doing. I've introduced 4 new shooters to the local range in the last two months. Every one of them is looking forward to the next range day and contemplating their first firearm purchase. We need mindful /k/onverts. Shooting is our religion.
>>
File: мкб.jpg (127KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
мкб.jpg
127KB, 568x800px
>>33334527
yes, my brother and father

we go shoot some guns every now and then
shit is fun
>>
So far I've gotten 3 people into it. One long time friend, who is still waiting for his CC permit ( Takes 6+ months in the People's Republic of Connecticut). Then two girls I know who fell in love with .22, but don't plan on getting any funs soon.
>>
>brother is long on the fence about guns
>heard that someone told him it's weird how Americans aren't required to lock up their guns
>he responded with how in America you buy a gun as an insurance policy, because it's more reliable to have a gun then call the police
It's not a lot, but it's nice to hear that come from him.
>>
Indeed, my wife before we married.

She was born in Rhode Island to an anti gun family. She knew that I owned firearms and knew I am responsible with them. A few months into dating I talked her into shooting my AK-74 at a range in Banks County, Georgia (Wilson Shoals fellow Georgian /k/ommandos). I loaded in a 30 rounder and she went through the magazine in about a minute. She shot really well to boot which surprised me for someone who had never handled or shot a gun before. Two months pass after that and she asked if I could let her shoot a handgun. I agreed and let her shoot my Ruger Standard. After that I let her shoot my Makarov. Again she enjoyed and shot fairly well. After that day she told me she's saving up to buy a rifle. I think a Ruger 10/22, not certain howevet. Theee years later I popped the question and she said yes. We got married a month later and here i am now.
>>
>>33334527
3 people for sure. And I suspect that I've expanded the horizons of other gun owners around here.
I have gotten 2 friends hooked and buying aks etc, and gotten the GF buying 762x39/54r ammo and wanting to shoot more often than I do. She gets a bit pouty if it's been too long, but that's an ok problem to have. She mostly sticks to pellet rifles though, so we shoot rimfire spinners together.
>>
>>33334527
No, instead I lost most of my friends taking up this hobby. Thankfully my family understands it and hasn't disowned me. Europe is a hoot. I pray to God for a nuclear fire pyre to engulf all of this continent to preserve under a sheet of Trinitite what little pride we have left.
>>
>>33338847
>No, instead I lost most of my friends taking up this hobby.

Those people were really not your friends anyways. Keep doing what you do.
>>
>>33338885
Thank you. It's absurd, in American terms I'm barely armed, a .22LR bolt action and pistol. I wanted to expand my inventory and get a Ruger 10/22 but I was told bluntly there's very little chance of receiving a permit for semiautomatic long guns anymore. And plinking is strictly forbidden, anywhere, my neighbors might just as well be NKVD agents.

So, dear Americans, when you go out to your backyard for a cold one and some recreational hole-punching, please enjoy it to the fullest.
>>
>>33334527
my girlfriend. when a girl really likes you, she doesn't care what your hobbies are. the bug is slowly spreading throughout her libtard family, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>33334527
Yes. They became a range buddy and started buying all kinds of guns, built their own AR, bought a glock 19 and 43 which they carry in winter/summer everyday.
>>
>>33338960
Best of luck anon, we're all cheering you on from across the pond.
>>
>>33334527
Well I probably got one of my friends interested in guns, well mostly because he was the only person I would talk to about guns and /k/
And that was only because he browsed /mu/ and /wg/
And then there's my qt, but she only thinks its cool that i shoot
She has yet to show any interest in guns other than that

I will take them both shooting next year when I can legally buy pistol ammunition and own my own gun
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.