[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting Shotgun Without Front Sight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Alright /k/ommandos. Can I hit a man-sized target at 25 yards without a front sight? The shotgun I was gifted has a bead sight, but the bead was broken off flush. I don't want my inexperienced ass trying to drill that shit out. Nor do I want to pay a gunsmith. So...it has a rear groove, but no front sight. Can I still hit paper at with it without a front sight? Any techniques or practice I can use to git gud with what I've got? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>33333639
Just try it and see what happens. You'll probably be fine.
>>
Sure, I do that with my Ithaca Stakeout which has no sight and a pistol grip.
>>
>>33333639
its a pretty easy fix, just drill a hole with a hand drill, and use a tap of the correct width of your new sight. or the ghetto way, just get like a fiber optic sight/rod, and tape it with duct tape or rubber band it to the barrel, or use gorilla glue and line your barrel and drop it.really any piece of shit. just glue or jbweld a piece of metal like a small washer or very short wood screw
>>
>>33333639

You'll be able to shoot it fine probably out to 50 yards without sights.

However I don't see why you wouldn't hillbilly rig some sort of front bead or post onto it just for the mean time. Doesn't have to be complex or permanent.

If you're really not going to shoot past 25 yards don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
>>
>>33333710
pic related, just use your imagination. probably want it pretty low profile so get a small washer or just use a tiny section of it, not even a half but like a 1/64 pie cut of it
>>
>>33333755
Wait a sec. I have an old BB gun, and some various goop. Could I glue a 6mm bb to the spot the bead used to be?
>>
>>33333777
im sure that would work just fine. seems kind of large though, what about a regular metal copper bb for a real bb gun?
>>
It's a shotgun, pick a cheekweld, see where your shots go, and stick with it. Unless you're using slugs you're harldy "aiming" with it.
>inb4 a gorillion niggers going HURR U NED TO AIM DA SHITGAT. That's not what I said.
>>
>>33333777
honestly now that i think about it, maybe just skip putting other shit on and just use glue/goop/jb weld in a little ball or shape on top
>>
File: 20170317_020938-1.jpg (411KB, 1114x707px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_020938-1.jpg
411KB, 1114x707px
Thanks guys! I used some 5-second Fix on it and put a bb pellet on the white dot that marks the spot of old bead sight. Plus, this one's shiny! Here's some pics. How'd I do?
>>
>>33333987
Bump it around, see if it stays in place, then go shoot it.
>>
File: 20170317_020938-1-1.jpg (70KB, 444x274px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_020938-1-1.jpg
70KB, 444x274px
>>33333987
>>
File: 20170317_020902.jpg (991KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_020902.jpg
991KB, 2560x1536px
>>33334005
Once it has time to properly set, I'm gonna sand down the excess.

>>33333996
I flicked it a bunch, and it didn't budge. I'm actually going shooting on Saturday, matter of fact.
>>
>>33333639
I've done it with a H&R topper that bubba took a saw to (20 inches, ATF go home)
you'll land shot on it, just don't expect anything better than musket accuracy
>>
Sights on shotguns are really just an afterthought, any experienced shooter is 99% point shooting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.