[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law enforcement operators & weapons general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1138.jpg (61KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
61KB, 400x268px
What does /k/ think of large number of U.S police departments switching over from Glocks to M&Ps and SIGs? Also why are law enforcement agency in the U.S retiring the MP5 platforms infavors of 9MM/45 ACP AR-15s and M4 carbines in general?
>>
>>33333578
I'd fucking own a bunch of pigs. Seriously they aren't shit sloppy ass physical condition, worse than the Army. You ever seen how fat cops are, and too often they are women.

So I don't care what fat pigs oink about.
>>
>>33333615
dude you're so hardcore, how many girlfriends you have rn?
>>
>>33333615
Shit. We have a badass here.
>>
>>33333615
You say that until you realize a few things.

They have badges, and there are shitloads of them.

I'm not a bootlicker and I also have no beef with cops (I'm a moderate who doesn't give a shit either way really)

But they have the ability to purchase shit we'll never get our mitts on because we don't HAVE badges. And so the shit they can buy and the fact that they can plaster your face on the news and the fact that they can say you're evil and kick puppies and throw rocks at homeless veterans means that, wrong or not, they can fuck you in the ass and get away with it.

The ones I've known have never done this (they're just lazy and don't give a shit)
But don't fuck with them. They'll leave you be.
>>
>>33334056
>they can buy
>no
>their department buys and keeps at the station for full department use
>>
>>33333578
>What does /k/ think of large number of U.S police departments switching over from Glocks to M&Ps and SIGs?

I don't think a large number of agencies are doing this. Sure, there are some agencies that are switching to the P320 but it isn't something massive.

>Also why are law enforcement agency in the U.S retiring the MP5 platforms infavors of 9MM/45 ACP AR-15s and M4 carbines in general?

Manual of arms of the AR platform is much more efficient. This video by Bill Blowers, a 20 year SWAT dude explains it very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKlcqwtFdmE

Bonus video: why full auto AR's suck balls compared to semi auto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTCb3kG2BQ
>>
>>33333675
1. Do you? And if yes, scissor action?
>>
>>33333578
>U.S police departments switching over from Glocks to M&Ps and SIGs
they arent, and the few that do are dumb. theres no big differences between glocks and MP's/Sigs (assuming you mean the p320), aside from them feeling slightly "better" and thats a matter of preference. If they do anything they'll introduce them alongside other standard issues and let officers pick whatever theyre comfortable with
such as having a p226 or 229 if they want a DA/SA as opposed to striker fired.

glocks arent going anywhere for a long time, no matter how many glock clones get man that are supposed to be better. theyre too ingrained in the market, theyre cheap, universal and best of all easier on logistics and budget. Until a new style of handgun comes along that is different but better, like switching from the wonder nines to polymer, glocks are here to stay
>>
Our State Police did it because they kept having "Accidents" like this with their Glocks.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/06/07/pa-trooper-cleared-in-fatal-shooting-of-pregnant-wife/
>>
>>33336587
I'm surprise no one here defending the MP5 yet. What happen to Crying Muh German engineering with someone or a agency insults H&K?
>>
>>33333615
They are a federal funded gang though.
>>
>>33336633
But why was he cleaning a loaded gun, and why was the barrel pointing anywhere near his wife.
>>
>>33337287

> Because he knew he could blame the weapon
>>
>>33336633
Whoops
>>
desu, I think a lot of LE agencies would benefit greatly from having LEM triggers as opposed to DA/SA or striker guns like M&P's or Glocks.

https://pistol-training.com/archives/8549
>>
>>33333615
Damn it feels good to be white
>>
>>33336861
The MP5 saw it's heyday, nowadays it's pretty well agreed that SMGs and PCCs are awkward half-measures and modern doublestack handguns in 9mm or better are just about as good for close-quarters.

I mean fucksake GIGN still uses revolvers, having an infinite magazine is apparently not that important. And out the window goes the PDWs/SMGs/PCCs/etc
>>
File: 6200399903_7d350ca7fd_b.jpg (360KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
6200399903_7d350ca7fd_b.jpg
360KB, 1024x681px
Just posting a few Police images...
>>
File: mdf489162.jpg (107KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
mdf489162.jpg
107KB, 600x389px
>>
File: file.png (365KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
365KB, 534x401px
>>
>>33339746
Is this from the Boston lockdown?
God what a clusterfuck that ended up being
>>
File: file.png (832KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
832KB, 800x534px
>>33339773
Nope thats from someone who was swatted in Long Beach, NY.

That's NCPD ESU entering to search for a "killer"
>>
File: marathonpork.jpg (551KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
marathonpork.jpg
551KB, 2048x1280px
>>33333578
Local pigs raided an old man's property a few years back because he had too many used pallets and old tractors on his property.
We need to constantly upgrade our police force's weaponry too compete with The Old Pallet Men.
>>
>>33340046

'murica, land of the free.
>>
>>33333578
Most agencies in my area still use Glocks. But theres a concern that NDs occur more with Glocks. Switching pistols often is a common way agencies justify their funding.

As for the long guns, an AR in 5.56 is better at dropping somebody than a pistol caliber. So thats why. As shit gets more an more out of hand and the appearance of terror attacks in Western nations increase, you'll see police become increasingly paramilitary in nature.
>>
>>33333615
lol you'd get your ass kicked by half the dudes on shift and they'd have a good time doing it. They'd have a chuckle about it while eating while you're down in county.
>>
File: rancidbacon.jpg (83KB, 615x351px) Image search: [Google]
rancidbacon.jpg
83KB, 615x351px
>>33340179
Your right.
>>
>>33339905
The borderline MRAPs and shit itt give me Transformers vibes
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.