[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army entrance ASVAB score...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: west vagina.png (2MB, 1439x1153px) Image search: [Google]
west vagina.png
2MB, 1439x1153px
/k/ why the fuck does the army have such a low score to be able to get in, and why the fuck did they lower it....I was considering signing up to be a drone operator but I dont want to be surrounded by fucking idiots. seriously, how the fuck can you not score above a 30....
>>
>>33332260
Where can I get more of these pictures?
>>
File: 1459186925054.jpg (1MB, 1280x996px) Image search: [Google]
1459186925054.jpg
1MB, 1280x996px
>>33332260
You see fellow West Virginian, it is an organization that is built on manpower. Without those that fill the requirement of "can breathe, can run, can lift" then no branch of the military can function. Those with 45s and below are there because, when invading foreign lands, there is none of the equipment that would normally make someone of such stupidity useless. There will always be a low man needed for an organization that operates independently of the rest of the world. You have to realize that the low tier workers around you are all in that 30-45 range, it is just that you overlook it. only when drone pilot and grunt are put side by side do you see how much society needs retards to be manual labor.

You will be surrounded by retards and assholes even if you work with no one with a score below 85, it's just how it goes. Some people enjoy it for that fact, you get to experience shit you would never see, hear, or witness. otherwise. Being around some real whisky tango motherfuckers broadens your horizons.

In the end everyone's intelligence kind of neutralizes. Where everyone wears off on each other till everyone is just screaming "hooah" and "more PT" then getting your shit done. Military life is all about structure, not who makes up that structure.

>airforce for the greatest lack of retards
>followed by army for the opportunity to live the grunt life and have actual opertunity in life
>then the Marines to go all out and be real fucking oorah
>and the coast gaurd so you can be a beach bum and remove drug cartels
>last is navy, because fuck those guys and they are the worst for enlisted and the most retarded

>>33332461
Have one from my home state.
>>
>>33332260
I scored an 88 which I was pretty happy about. But two basketball Americans that took it with me both scored a 7 each. How exactly does someone score that low short of getting their own name wrong?
>>
>>33332260
Join the Air Force.
>>
>>33332624
I really do not know.

I guess the technical stuff is just something someone has to be previously exposed to to know it. Add that on to preexisting stupidity and boom, you failed everything.

>95 reporting in
>>
>>33332654
I mean I would agree but I took my practice only a week before, I was a British immigrant, I hadn't been in school since I was 17 (I was 24 at the time of taking) all I did was picked up one of the study guides and looked over it for a week.

I think really a lot of it comes down to the person's will to put effort in.
>>
>>33332260
Because 4chan likes to make fun of Marines. But the truth is the Army are the dumbest mother fuckers on Earth, and you have the lowest asvab requirement, and terrible uniforms.
>>
>>33332744
For -realz
>>
>>33332753
No doubt.

That-just-happened.
>>
>>33332795
LMAO AT ME JOINING THE AIR FORCE
>>
>>33332948
Do it. While the retards mill about grunting in the dirt, you get to be put up in a proper building.
>>
Hi y'all, actual milfag here.
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret:
Nobody in the military actually cares about your ASVAB score.
If you can score high enough to get the job that you want then great, but strutting around proclaiming "I got a 90 so I'm smarter than you!" Is a good way to get made fun of.
I got a 66 on my ASVAB and I work in intelligence, if you honestly think that you shouldn't join because of the scores of other people, then the problem's with you.
>>
>>33333029
I'm not saying that, I know it doesnt fucking matter as long as you get the job you want I just dont understand how someone could get something so low....
>>
>>33332948
Do it. It's a good job. You aren't exactly a man, women can perform your job. But it's comfortable.
>>
>>33333114
DON'T CARE NIGGA, I GET AIR CONDITIONING JOKES ON YOU BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33332654
>I guess the technical stuff is just something someone has to be previously exposed to to know it
You do realize that prior to around 2005 that shit was taught as a mandatory class in high school for both vocational and college prep routes, right? It was called Home Economics, it taught shit like balancing a checkbook and basic household repair and how to cook beyond microwaving your Hot Pockets.

And of course, since the military tends to run 10-15 years behind the times minimum, that shit's still on the test even though it isn't taught any more.
>>
>>33333086
I don't know man, I knew a guy from high school who was going to be enlisting with me, but he couldn't make the <30 score required for the Army.
Last I heard from him he got fired from his job, moved to Alaska, and worked as a club DJ before he died of a heroin overdose.
Shit happens, I guess...
>>
>>33333127
We have pogs too ya know.
>>
>>33333129
The only thing the ASVAB actually compiles into the score is the English, Writing, and Arithmetic. Everything else, like the engineering and science bits are optional scores that might be requirements for certain jobs, but won't factor into your numbered score
>>
>>33333086
A combination of not caring (some places force every high school junior to take it, for example it's integral to the Prairie State Exam which covers IL, IA, MO, IN and maybe KS and also includes both the ACT and everything but the writing portion of the SAT.

I had a guy in my class that graduated with a 3.9/4.0 GPA that refused to even put his name on the ASVAB portion because he was a treehugging hippie from a draft-dodging hardcore anti-military family, then I had the local Cleetus McRedneck that managed to drool enough dip spit on it it couldn't be scored by machine.

I imagine that test anxiety and simply being bad at standardized tests (literally how) plays a small part in it as well.

>99 asvab/141 GT reporting in
I'm good at standardized tests, worked manual labor during high school, and did well but not phenomenally in school (3.68/4.0 GPA but took a bunch of AP courses that kicked my ass).
>>
>>33333178
So why do almost all jobs require a certain GT (general techincal) score, which isn't comprised of reading/english/math at all?
>>
File: on rock.jpg (4MB, 3300x1854px) Image search: [Google]
on rock.jpg
4MB, 3300x1854px
>>33332260
best virginia, where you at nibba?
>>
>>33333246

WHY THE FUCK AM I THE ONLY MEXIBRO IN THIS STATE
>>
>>33333207
GT is a combination of the English and Arithmetic scores. There's some equation that you can use to figure it out but it's been years since I've worked with the Recruiter's Office
>>
>>33333280
because its west fuckin virginia, what did you expect. theres some in huntington, decent few in charleston, thats about it.
>>
>>33333290
>General Technical (GT) - Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR)
http://www.goarmy.com/learn/understanding-the-asvab.html
It's a compilation of 3 categories which are themselves subcategories of the 3 main parts of the AFQT which is in itself only half the ASVAB.

I don't know why this shit's so complicated but whatever.

That website has a calculator to figure out your line scores btw.
>>
>>33333320
Right, thanks. The point is, it's complicated and convoluted and at the end of the day, doesn't even matter.

Check em
>>
>>33333320
Oh, also, since nobody else has pointed it out yet,
>the ASVAB score is a representation of where you stand in relation to everyone else that's taken it in the last 5 years.
There is no 100%, even with a decent score, and it is theoretically possible (although astronomically unlikely) that you could achieve the 99th percentile (best attainable) with a score of 1 or the 1st percentile (worst attainable) with no wrong answers if everybody else that's taken it is either literally dumber than pond scum or a supergenius, respectively.
>>
>>33333397
Aand I forgot a part of that.
>the ASVAB score, which is a representation comparing you against others, does not necessarily correlate with your AFQT scores, which are graded like a normal test and not compared against others
You could have 2 people that both achieved an 80 ASVAB score and one could have significantly higher line scores across the board.

The minimum ASVAB score requirement is a population control measure that will limit the total number of applicants regardless of their actual functional intelligence, and with recruiting goals down lowering the ASVAB requirement makes sense since you have a smaller pool of people taking the ASVAB to start with so scores are artificially suppressed.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the ASVAB score requirement goes away in favor of AFQT score requirements if we continue to be in a peacetime setting since the ASVAB will become unreliable due to a small sample pool.
>>
>>33333314
Clarskburg man
>>
>>33333390
Very true. Literally nobody cares because it doesn't mean anything.

I think that once I was permanent party I got asked once what my GT and EL scores were because they were considering giving me a secondary MOS but it literally not once ever came up in regular conversation.
>don't ask me why they asked me when it was in my personnel file, not like I remembered it or even knew the line scores until I got my first DD214 at reenlistment and saw they were on there
>>
>>33333435
yeah not sure what you expected lol.
>>
File: 1486836186027.jpg (102KB, 838x598px) Image search: [Google]
1486836186027.jpg
102KB, 838x598px
>>33333029
I got a 69
>feels gud men
>>
File: 1383992712384.jpg (6KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1383992712384.jpg
6KB, 249x249px
>>33332260
I have a masters in applied mathematics. I am literally qualified to write questions for these aptitude tests. When I was going through the commissioning process, I would help my station tutor hopeless cases to pass the ASVAB.

What I found is that some people really really suck at test taking. Like, they freak out and their mind shuts down. They spend 15 minutes on one question, lose concentration, spend another 15 minutes in a haze, contemplating their pathetic life, realize they have 5 minutes left and rush through randomly clicking answers. They would have scored higher just clicking C for every answer.

You can get above 30 just by answering the retard-proof gimme lvl 10 questions and skipping the rest but 'test taking' skills really ARE a thing. And as an aside, it is absolutely true that certain 'minorities', due to the fact they have little to no experience with this kind of standardized test(because they cut class every day of their lives and high schools don't drop out kids anymore so as not to lose funding) lack these fundamental test taking skills.

So some people just can't handle the ASVAB. Some weren't even that unintelligent, just could not handle the standardized testing format and environment.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.