[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kel-tec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: 17742_0.jpg (47KB, 700x325px) Image search: [Google]
17742_0.jpg
47KB, 700x325px
I want a kel-tec su-16ca so badly and my gun shop has had it on backorder for almost a month now.
i would love to buy an acr or scar-h if i had that kind of money.

i want a cool ass carbine so bad but i don't like how ar-15's look.

why must kel-tec have such awful supply.
>>
>>33330286
i really hope youve held one before you decided to put money down or else you are going to have a fuckload of buyers regret the second its in your hands.
>>
>>33330337
why's that? low weight?
>>
>>33330362
its flimsyness is unrivaled in the firearms world. a nerfgun feels more solid.
>>
>>33330399
i wish i could just find something i liked, is there conversion kits out there to make a ar15 look like an acr or scar-h?
>>
>>33330474
God damn shut up faggot. Buy a sub2000.
>>
>>33330474
>is there conversion kits out there to make a ar15 look like an acr or scar-h?
Get the fuck OUT of this board right now.
>>
>>33330491
my father has one, it's pretty cool. i like that thing a lot but it doesn't feel like a rifle, feels like a pistol with a stock. which it pretty much is.
>>
File: Folded Galil.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Folded Galil.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>33330286
Buy an AK and SBR it. A Galil would be better than an AK though.
>>
>>33330545
cabela's has a nice ak i liked but it's way overpriced.
>>
>>33330474
check out the ARES rifle kits.
basically an AR with a sporter stock
>>
>>33330286
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33330362
Did you at least read some reviews of them? I've held one before and it was surprisingly shitty feeling, keltecs are iffy as fuck in general, and the su16ca is one of those guns that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>33330929
hmmmm, i watched vids of people firing them, read a little bit about them, didn't see to many complaints. my fathers got a sub 2000 and it hasn't had major issues.

it's the only rifle I've seen i liked the look/price of, everything else is just ar15's and I can't afford a $1500 rifle i like the look of.
>>
>>33330976
I'm not saying that keltec is shit, just that I've seen some shit from them that I don't see from other companies. Perhaps they've changed in the last few years, but when I was looking for a truck gun about 3 or 4 years ago I saw a good deal of negativity about keltecs. I've even held some in person and as I said above I was surprised at how shitty some of them felt, especially the su16. But hey man it's your money, just thought I'd offer my two cents.
>>
>>33331075
could you give me a little more context though?
i know they're very very light weight but are you saying the material/construction just felt bad orrr? i did briefly hold a su-22 at my cabela's and didn't feel anything odd about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 938x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 938x719px
>>33330474
You can make your AR look like a P90 with the Hera CQR stock and grip
>mfw seeing that with an AR57 upper
It's the futuresque look thaf makes my pee pee hard
>>
>>33330286
Kel Tec is cancer. Go cuck on over to the kel tec lovers at TFB TV and have fun with your converted pot holders
>>
>>33331189
its not the lightness that makes it feel bad its the fact it feels like you could snap it in half over your knee
>>
File: 47jvwo2.jpg (63KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
47jvwo2.jpg
63KB, 1024x682px
if these were stamped metal of some kind id get one
>>
>>33331189
yeah basically this >>33331338

It also has something to do with the fact that some of them are very finicky when it comes to reliability, again when I was looking at them I saw plenty of negative shit for them, including that springs needed to be replaced more often than they should or people would have feeding issues, or that things would break for no reason.

Maybe it's changed in the last few years, but when I was looking at them I saw plenty of reasons to steer clear.
>>
>>33330491
This.

My sub eats everything, the only problem is the glue that keeps the collar in place failed but I stuck a ziptie behind and it's all good.
>>
>>33330286
>i want a cool ass carbine so bad but i don't like how ar-15's look.

Good Lord.
>>
File: backup pistol for AR users.png (53KB, 414x355px) Image search: [Google]
backup pistol for AR users.png
53KB, 414x355px
>>33330286
this would be such a great pistol for guys who run ARs as a primary it's not even funny anymore. sadly, it's Kel-Tec tier quality.
>>
>>33331189
First one I saw, the receiver was broken (at the takedown pin). The SUB-2000 I saw (not the new version) didn't line up when folded. But yeah, make it out of a better plastic and I'd buy one.
>>
>>33330399
This guy is right. My buddy was all about the idea of a takedown rifle in 5.56, as soon as it came out of the box he regretted buying it.

They are some of the flimsiest guns ever made. You hold one and it feels like a joke, and you shoot one and realize its pretty much only good to 100 yards.

Honestly for only a little bit more you could go on armslist and buy the shittiest garage built AR platform and get better performance.

Keltech's entire marketing strategy is as follows:
>Build wierd shitty gun out of aluminum and plastic
>develop a wierd gimmick for it to distract everyone from how flimsy it is
>excuse the host of failures and issues that result as part of the development process, distract by pointing out gimmick, make sure to show off the exotic appearance

The KSG shotgun's reloading process is absurdly complicated and the breeches like to not close all the way. BUT IT HOLDS 15 ROUNDS AND IS A BULLPUP SO BUY NOW!!!!

The .22 pistols they built tend to get cracked frames or explode. BUT ITS A PISTOL THAT HOLDS A BAZILLION ROUNDS AND COMES IN .22 MAG SO BUY NOW!!!!!

The SU16 is flimsy and inaccurate, BUT THE FOREGRIPS TURN INTO A BIPOD, ITS NOT FLIMSY, ITS ULTRA-LIGHT SO BUY NOW!!!

Dont get me wrong, it tickles me pink that somebody is developing stuff thats not AR or Glock based for a change, but I really wish the shit keltech sold was sturdier and had like, 1 more round of development put into all thier stuff before mass production.

When you buy keltech you really just buy the beta version and a promise they will patch everything in the future.

Their 9mm carbine is supposedly okay, AND IT LIKE, FOLDS IN HALF GUYS SO BUY NOW!!!!
>>
>>33330286

It's a fucking helluva gun, but it's a real gun, a heavy gun, a gun that a man uses, and k is full of children, little children, children who need the newest toys, the cheapest toys, the toys their friends have.

It's too expensive for these children, it's over their allowance. They spend $700 to put together an AR variant, they put the cheapest pieces on it, they spend $1300 to trick their shitty AR out, to make it look like a real rifle, to make it look like it's something worth having.

To them, the bells and whistles are the gun, the gun is not the gun. They don't want to spend $1400 on a rifle, they want to spend $1400 on accessories, toys for their toys. It's a mans gun with a mans price and needs no toys, it is a tool.
>>
>>33330286
>i want a cool ass carbine so bad but i don't like how ar-15's look.

But why? Don't get me wrong, I love the SU-16, but the price tag on it is sub-$500 on it for a reason.
>>
>>33330474
>>
>>33332034
That's cool
>>
>>33332014
I work part time at big lots I can't afford a acr
>>
File: IMG-20130101-01006_zps0d7ff6d3.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20130101-01006_zps0d7ff6d3.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
>>33331345
Pretty much everything keltech makes have a reputation for wearing out and breaking quickly, being finnicky as fuck, or exploding.
>>
>>33332014
could you stfu? I've seen yogurt cups with better plastic used than Kel-tec uses for their guns.
>>
>>33332123
I have a pf9 as my ccw and I like it, hasn't failed me yet. Really slim and lightweight. Supposedly it's rated to handle limited amounts of +p ammo so I'd like to get some of that liberty civil defense for it but I'm still wary due to keltec's reputation. I think like most have said quality control is the main factor here
>>
>>33330286
>>33330568
Stop buying guns from stores, dipshit.
>>
>>33331296
Too bad the AR57 is junk.
>>
>>33332180
but most of the time when you factor in shipping and transfer fees you pay just as much as you would at a store...unless the store is really jewish and gauging their prices

>tfw local gun store sells a box of 50 shitty 9mm aluminum cased ammo for 23 dollars
>>
>>33332168
No offense man, but I get the feeling you havent fired it much. The PF9's are infamous for wearing out after 6 to 8 months of regular shooting.

As far as "can handle limited +P."

Almost any gun can handle "limited +P." I watched a guy get through 3 boxes of +p with his WW2 walther P-38 before the frame cracked. Either it can, or it cant, there is no such thing as a gun being designed to handle +p but only in limited amounts.

Your choice of concealed carry is your buisiness, but the PF9 also has an infamous reputation for unreliability that waits until after about 500 to 1,000 rounds to make itself apparent.

I personally wouldnt trust my self defense to a weapon with such a poor reputation.
>>
>>33332248
I've actually heard the opposite, and from my experience of putting 600 rounds through it it has responded well to a break in period. Never had a failure to fire. I let one of my friends shoot it and he had numerous failures to feed properly but that's because he didn't really know how to properly rack the slide.

That being said, no offense taken here. It was my first handgun. I know it's anecdotal, but my grandpa has had a pf9 for over a decade now and it hasn't failed him once. I was thinking about trading it in for something better, maybe a shield, but it hasn't failed me yet so I haven't bothered
>>
>>33332205
No, you don't. It's always a good $50+ more in store. Your average stores are still trying to get $700 and $800 for ARs.

You know why Walmart dropped black rifles? Because black rifles dropped. That's why they only sell shitty brands like Remington and Mossberg rifles.
>>
>>33332168
>>33332248
I've literally stopped carrying my G26 in favor of my P11.
>>
File: EXP556.jpg (209KB, 1200x702px) Image search: [Google]
EXP556.jpg
209KB, 1200x702px
>>33331805
extar exp is built better than those while weighing 3lbs
>>
>>33332337
Yeah, I try not to be too judgemental. My first CC gun was a taurus 9mm subcompact of some make or another.

All the guys at the range were showing off their CC pieces, I proudly argued in favor of taurus, pointed the thing at the target and *click.* *click click click.*

Was only the 3rd time ever firing it, literally new out of the box with less than a dozen rounds through it. At some point carrying it a part of the saftey mechanism had broken and permanantly frozen the gun on safe regardless of what the indicator said.

Got laughed off the range.

Also, im not joking, I watched a guy blow his P38 up yesterday, story follows.
>>
>>33332453
>At some point carrying it a part of the saftey mechanism had broken and permanantly frozen the gun on safe

Jesus that's horrific. I actually dropped my loaded PF9 with a round in the chamber twice from stomach height on two separate occasions, and it didn't go off. Needless to say I was scared senseless, but happy that the gun proved to be relatively drop safe.

I would like to hear the story of the exploding walther though. Did the guy suffer any injuries?
>>
File: 20170316_152822.jpg (3MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_152822.jpg
3MB, 2160x2160px
>>33332453
>be at range yesterday
>its wednesday so its only me and some other guy present
>guy is showing off his Walther P-38
>first handgun hes ever owned, figured it would be a good gun to learn on
>tell him he isnt wrong, wish him happy groupings and begin firing my 1911 and AMT .30 carbine pictured here
>guy in stall next to me starts out shooting okay-ish for a nube, but shot placements are slowly drifting low and left until hes bareley on paper
>ask him if maybe his front sight is loose
>assures me it isnt
>guy lets me shoot it
>feels... odd. Recoil is stinging my palm
>"uhhhh...... what are you shooting in this"
>normal factory standard
>okay. Well your gun really is acting odd, I dunno man, might wanna get it looked at
>go back to shooting my special snowflake 1980's hand cannon
>as reloading hear bang bang bang CLINK
>look over
>guys gun is frozen open, mag on the ground, slide visibly split down the side
>go over
>poor Walther is irreversibly fucked, almost split in half
>immiediatley check label on this guys "factory standard" rounds
>9mm 147 grain +p
>3 empty boxes of 50, just starting on a 3rd box

Guy irreversibly fucked his first handgun on its first shooting because he thought that "factory standard" just meant it came from a factory and said 9mm on the box. The heartbreak on his face was incredibly tragic.
>>
>>33332562
I've seen something somewhat similar, although someone told the guy that he was shooting hot ammo before the gun broke or he got injured. Still sucks that he burnt his new gun up, really wish I looked at the ammo on the table, I thought he was just limp wristing it with the amount of recoil he was getting.
>>
>>33332562
Holy shit...running 147 grain +p without even breaking the gun in. RIP Walther
>>
File: 1422212734671.jpg (149KB, 701x703px) Image search: [Google]
1422212734671.jpg
149KB, 701x703px
>>33332434
i thought those kind of guns only existed in jams bond.
>>
>>33332615
Yeah. The range here is great, guys are really friendly, people happily swap guns back and forth between the stalls and help instruct newcomers in a friendly way.

Only seen assholes on the range once, some guys showed up with a bunch of NFA shit and tried to act better than everyone else. We just ignored em and continued trying out eachothers centurys, PTRs, and assorted poorfag guns.

Guys actually got in such a huff that nobody wanted to fawn over their suppressed arsenal that they left.

To which we all agreed it would be neat to shoot a suppressed arsenal but not if it meant dealing with such a douchey elitist charecter.

Kid yesterday just moved out here from maryland and is only very recently hasguns. Felt bad I didnt catch on when I was firing it, if I had known his level of inexpierience I wouldnt have trusted his response to the ammo question.

I got a buddy who is a gunsmith and I hooked him up with a great deal. If he buys a new slide my buddy will fit it to the frame for a few boxes of ammo in barter. It will oblitorate collectors value, but atleast it will fire again.
>>
File: 1453088706953.jpg (33KB, 716x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453088706953.jpg
33KB, 716x720px
>>33332434
>weighing 3lbs
gat damn
>>
>>33332014
Pasta
>>
>>33332034
Oh hot god damn, its only 120 dollars for the stock.

Holy fucking aesthetic.

I love my tacticool M4gery, but my next ARK SBR build is getting shelved so I can SBR my next lower and get this shit built.

Got to wonder how a 10.5 inch barrel would look, since I'm not sold on the 7 inch game.
>>
>>33332123
Which sucks because the action itself looks simple as all hell. Fuck, I don't know whats stopping them from just making this an AR15 upper, especially when they could fuck around with stock kits to make it a bullpup conversion kit for the AR15.
>>
>>33332712

So it was the slide that cracked? You keep saying frame.
>>
>>33336030
Yeah, sorry you're right. I been usin the wrong word.
>>
I dunno, I have an SU-16A and it's been almost 100% reliable, except the few times I didn't seat the magazine with enough force, which was my fault. Probably about 1k rounds through it. Red lion precision makes nice accessories for it that fix some of its problems. It's plastic because it's meant to be light, so of course it isn't going to FEEL as sturdy as something full metal
>>
>>33337686
It isnt going to BE as sturdy as a real gun either.
>>
other plastic guns exist that dont feel as shitty as keltecs plastic. being light isnt an excuse.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.