[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump wants to increase military spending...good time to join?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1324536017872.jpg (216KB, 1463x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1324536017872.jpg
216KB, 1463x1036px
So right now I'm getting a tuition-free Masters of Arts degree while pursuing a useful internship. It is entirely possible for me to graduate from this and get a real world job.

...or I could continue to indulge romantic fantasies of joining the military. After getting a BA I enlisted as a 35p in the Army and graduated from the DLI with a 2/3/1+ in Korean. Then they kicked me out over bullshit. That was a miserable experience where my 1st sergeant was a black lesbian woman and all the NCOs were fucktards.

What about becoming an officer? I've always dreamed of being an officer in the Navy. If I rejoined, I'd go for that. Is it even worth it? Since Trump is prez and he wants to increase military spending, will that create more demand for people and it won't be the crushingly negative downsizing environment it's been for years past?

Should I just give up on the military completely and accept that it's just voluntary hazing and not worth my time?
>>
so you got kicked out of the army as an enlisted person (which is pretty fucking hard to do on it's own) and now you think you have a shot at going back in as an officer?

Not sure if bait, or just fucking stupid...
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 749x1105px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 749x1105px
>>33328710
>Then they kicked me out over bullshit
Explain.
>>
File: 1410651063022.jpg (324KB, 800x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1410651063022.jpg
324KB, 800x1336px
>>33328907
My wife had depression and I did not know about it. She would scream and throw tantrums and I had no idea how to stop it. One night when she was screaming over suspecting me of cheating I tried to calm her down by hugging her and covering her mouth. Suffice to say the cops got called and I was arrested since touching someone in this way is "false imprisonment" and "domestic battery." I was given a misdemeanor and apparently this falls under domestic violence. I had to meet with a counselor who realized what bullshit all that was and become a firm ally of mine who vehemently rejected that I had done anything wrong to my wife. The military didn't give a damn probably because they were downsizing.

In addition, some soldiers had messed with me and my wife was angry at them. She stupidly took to MY facebook account and harrassed a soldier with repeated angry messages. Since it was on my account the military thought I was doing it. Despite me and my wife clarifying the issue, the military didn't give a damn, probably because they were downsizing.

Finally, I posted pictures like pic related and other obvious pol-tier humor on my Facebook which wasn't as private as I thought it was. In my separation packet they used these images to conclude that I am a "white-supremacist neo-nazi communist" and I had to talk with the FBI, who realized it was all a misunderstanding. But the fucking military didn't give a damn, probably because they were downsizing.

NONE OF THIS MATTERS. Just answer the questions I posed in the OP.
>>
>tuition free masters
holy fuck mate get the masters first

also after reading anything you're going to be instantly toxic even if you try to explain yourself to the recruiter. he's going to think "gee i don't want to fucking touch this one with a 100 foot stick"
>>
>>33328968
>gagged and held down my wife
>Facebook drama
>want to be an officer
Don't bother friend.
>>
>>33329001
Well yeah I'm going to finish my masters that's a given.

Well my misdemeanor is going to be expunged by the end of the year. My record will be clean. I know I'll still have to tell them but that's three years ago and I have documents backing my case.

Yeah you're probably right. If that's the case, fuck the military. They wasted two years of my life with their bullshit. Makes me mad just thinking about it.
>>
>>33328968
>>33329029

HAHAHAH, this is why misogynists have no place in the new army gtfo scum
>>
File: 1353863461072.png (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353863461072.png
66KB, 500x500px
>>33329026
>deliberately misunderstand and distort things
>friend
>>
>>33328968
>things that didn't happen for $300.....
>>
>>33329038
I wish they'd told me it was the "new army" before I'd joined. Nothing like constant SHARP meetings and lectures by cucks.
>>
>>33329055
Sure, I sat down and made all of that up. I should write lame screenplays for a living.
>>
>>33329029
if you tell the recruiter he's going to think "look at all this fucking red tape i have to walk through" and every other person who looks at it later without context is going to think "what the fucking fuck" too. you'll be more effort than you're worth.
>>
>>33329072
Then fuck them. My regrets for even for a second giving the military a second glance.
>>
>>33329067
>Sure, i sat down and made it all up
Thanks for admitting it.
>>
>>33329085
>Fuck them
They don't care and won't miss you.
>Giving them a second glance
Are you honestly old enough to join? If you get booted from an organisation, they're very unlikely to ever take you back.
>>
>>33329202
>>33329220
Thanks for the helpful thread! What a nice board you have here.
>>
>>33329229
Everyone's giving you honest answers you fucktard
You honestly think a recruiter wants to walk through the 10 miles of red tape and waivers it would take to get you in AFTER YOU WERE KICKED OUT OF THE ARMY?
And it doesn't matter if >>33329026
is true or not, because that's what it's going to look like to them. You aren't officer material and you definitely aren't worth their fucking time.
>>
>>33329330
They're not worth MY fucking time, all of this has only reminded me how cucked and toxic the military is. I can't believe I even entertained the idea of giving them a second chance. This thread was a good wake up call. I don't want to sink to their level again.
>>
>>33329367
pretty much every company is going to be giving you the side eye about it if told
it's a good thing you are so close to expungement already so you can hide that stuff in the closet for the rest of your life because the cliffnotes sound horrible already

>domestic misdemeanor
>kicked from army
>questioned by FBI

even though you were cleared it still raises questions
>>
>>33329367
>get kicked out for being a Facebook drama loving turbo autistic
>bemoan them for not wanting you back
Good riddance, grow up kid.
>>
>>33329452
I've already been hired by two companies since. I had to explain my situation both times but they were patient and recognized it was all bs.

>>33329462
You should work for CNN, you're great with spinning information.
>>
>>33329496
I've sounds nothing. As an adult you ought to know not to post anything like that on an open forum like Facebook. It's your own fault retard.
Anyway, what kind of a retard pins someone and covers their mouth to 'calm them down'?

I hope you fail your masters.
>>
>>33329567
I would do it again. If you're fucking screaming in an apartment complex you bet I'm going to cover your mouth and tell you to shut the hell up. If this isn't your first reflex I'm baffled.

I'll post what I want on my own PRIVATE Facebook, I just had no idea at the time that Facebook made their privacy settings so byzantine in order to ensure things are actually private despite the global setting you apply.
>>
>>33328968
>getting married
You deserve it for buying into the pussy-jew
>>
>>33329619
>wife is screaming in an apartment
>clearly the sensible, adult option is to restrain that person and cover their mouth
Considering she married such a dolt, I'm hardly surprised she's mentally ill.
>>
>>33329619
>my PRIVATE Facebook
It isn't private if you don't set it to private. The controls aren't Byzantine, you're just a moron.
>>
>>33329652
I'd do it again and I do do it. If you're screaming in an apartment complex you're going to be quieted down forcibly.

>>33329668
The controls ARE byzantine, there is no global setting despite appearances, you have to manually hide each section and change it to friends only. It is deceptively misleading.
>>
>>33329634
That's the true reason for all his troubles. The woman. She's the reason for the domestic violence charge. She's the reason "he" was harrassing people on Facebook. In turn she's the reason why people investigated his Facebook account and saw his memes.
>>
>>33328710

Before we can answer your question, you have to answer the single most important question.

Were you honorably or dishonorably discharged?
>>
>>33329684
Quite likely, yes. It all goes downhill in one's life after getting married.
>>
>>33329705
Especially when your wife turns out to be psycho.
>>
>>33329703
General under honorable. I wrote to my congressman to up it to an honorable and also sent in a separation packet but that was all almost a year ago now. I've pretty much given up caring about it.

>>33329684
This poster is why women shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
>>
So I'm gonna use this thread to ask my own question real quick. I was disenrolled from ROTC my senior year of college for misconduct. No criminal charges were filed against me and my record is clean, however I was waived from active duty enlistment requirement and 'discharged' from service for disciplinary reasons. I never got a dd214 and was told this isn't like a dishonorable or even oth discharge. I would still like to enlist and do something in combat arms (11x). Would my 'discharge' from ROTC prevent me from enlisting or would it even come up?
>>
>>33328710
>Then they kicked me out over bullshit
you gay, homo
>>
>>33329850
doubt it even shows up because that's just college bullshit
>>
>>33329948
That's what I've hoped, the only problem is that I still have an active secret clearance which looks pretty weird
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.