[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boot general. This should be a short thread Im sure but Share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 20170316_173159.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_173159.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Boot general.

This should be a short thread Im sure but Share tips/tricks on boot shining upkeep and share preffered type of tactical boot.

A lil about me, I am a naval cook. And for the life of me I cant shine My boots. I can do everything cept that.

I can iron uniforms like a first class. I can keep sailors in line like a chief. I can clean the grease trap like a pro. But for the love of kek I can not shine my boots. Im not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any tips?
>>
Bootblacks typically used a heat gun when I was in, so I copied them.

Open can of polish, ignite with lighter briefly until you see a liquid puddle the size of a quarter, snuff polish with can lid. Remove lid, use cloth or shop rag to daub polish on boot and work it around. Follow up with shoe brush. A heat gun is even better because you can coat the boot then heat the coating. Heat guns are cheap. Before they became common we used blow dryers and many still do.

AF workcenters always had a shoebox or ammo can full of boot care shit and I have one at home. Ammo cans are perfect for the job because you can use them for a foot rest.
>>
>>33328644
Than ya thank ya. Ill have to use a lighter I think but I think itll work fine.
>>
>Melt polish
>Toothbrush small circles until completely worked in
>high speed low drag shine rag to even layer
>repeat process with clean rag and melted polish in small circles until boots are mirror

Should take 4-5 hours to get a never shined pair to mirror, then about an hour to maintain them periodically.
>>
Muh rat boots
>>
>>33328592
It's all about the base coat. Multiple coats applied, then melted in, then brushed, then after that apply with a wet rag, and buffed to a shine with a cloth. I put on four coats of melted finishing with a brush, two coats unmelted finished with a brush, two coats applied with wet rag finished with a rag, then two coats applied with a wet rag finished with water and a rag.

Now I just wipe em with a soft cloth and water every now and then, and when they need a little extra luster I put on a light coat of polish and buff with a cloth and water.
>>
Glad I spent my time in the Marines actually using my boots instead of wasting time doing arbitrary BULL SHIT shining. What a dumb fucking thing to worry about. Pogs need to not go to basic training, so they don't feel like they're "warriors" that feel the need to perpetuate asinine traditions that have zero relation to combat effectiveness.
>>
>>33328592
You don't need to shine your boots, just blacken them you fucking boot.
I really hope you aren't actually ironing your NWU.
>>
File: Black'd.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Black'd.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33328592
Leather luster that shit.
Or don't and remind them that the standard is blackened.
>>
>>33329107
Tch. Sorry I take pride in my uniform you shitbag.
>>
heat gun that shit
>>
>>33329621
Then follow the regulations that state that boots are blackened and NWUs are specifically NOT meant to ironed.
>>
Anyone know how to take care of sharkskin boots? I'm guessing shine is a big no-no.
>>
>>33328592
Unrelated, but do they send you to navy cook school? Do the others guys have a lot of respect for the guy who feeds them?
>>
>>33329663
First of all nobody ironns nwus you idiot. Secondly a good lookin uniform is a good way to help make rank.
>>
>>33329841
Yes and no. Depends on the command really. Sonlong as you make good food generally yeah. And people try to be nice to you most times. Even if others call us "just cooks" there is more to it than that
>>
File: tmp_5507-IMAG04001442926715.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5507-IMAG04001442926715.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Y'all need to hop on the suede train
When can you start wearing the new NWUs?
>>
>>33330211
October.
>>
>>33328644
This, also using your turtleneck to shine it actually works nicely, must be the microfiber.
>>
>>33329927
Only way to get an EP is to get on your knees.
>>
File: 1489597234392.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489597234392.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>33328592
Fuck off aj
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.