[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEAL Selection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: SEALs.jpg (1MB, 1653x1293px) Image search: [Google]
SEALs.jpg
1MB, 1653x1293px
What does selection for a SEAL team look like? Is there a big difference between Virginia Beach and Coronado? Do you get to choose which team you go to?
>>
>>33327763
all those fags are dead lmao
>>
>>33327801
I don't give a fuck, I want to join them in Valhalla. I need to know how first though.
>>
Pass buds, receive orders
>>
>>33328047

You want to improperly prepare for a mission and die needlessly? Fighting a 10-12 man sized element?

K.
>>
>>33328047
What makes you sure that you will survive BUD/S in the first place?
>>
Sorry bro, but you will not make it.
>>
>>33328047
You want to die and have your corpse get mauled by rabid insurgents? Then not go to pretend pagan land afterwards?
>>
>>33328047
Why does every boy going into the military want to be a SEAL, Ranger, Green Beret, or Recon Marine. I swear, half the guys I met in the Navy seemed to be BUD/S dropouts, or they joined with intentions of going to BUD/S. What ever happened to joining to get training and experience for a decent civ job?
>>
>>33328273
>joining to get training and experience for a decent civ job
That's pretty gay.
>>
>>33328273
>>33328289
Most SOF dreamers think they'll easily land a 6 figure security contracting or consulting job.
>>
>>33328273
Being a doorkicker is everyone's kid dream, and some people, like myself, just don't change it.
>>33328165
I'm not sure. I want to try though.
>>
>>33328047
>americans
>valhalla
You americucks are so retarded. fighting for the jews against some hill tribes isn't going to make you go into valhalla. americans are mostly mixed race so again, no going into valhalla. and i doubt any of these degenerates are even Germanic Pagans, so no valhalla for them. none of them have died a warrior's death. they're soldiers, they're scum, they're not warriors.
>>
>>33328352
It's a saying. Nobody means it literally, you fucking dimwit.
>>
>>33328337
>Being a doorkicker is everyone's kid dream, and some people, like myself, just don't change it.

So why not just join the Army as an 11B? Sure you don't get MK18s and gucci gear, but the chance of making it through boot camp and AIT is pretty much 100%.
>>
>>33328327
I don't think they plan that far. SOF have reputation of being "cool guys", it's romantic to dream about being one of them. Everyone wants to have a rare job that is only for a chosen few, who do shit that isn't available to them. Astronauts, special forces, movie stars, world star musicians, that kind of stuff.
It's not hard to understand why would someone want that kind of thing
>>
>>33328382
Not OP, but because then you'd serve with the large portion of other 11Bs who don't give a shit about their duties or actually want to serve their country. If you serve with the best of the best, there isn't anyone there who doesn't really want to be there.
>>
>>33328382
Because being a SF doesnt look hard on TV so people get impression that it's a job for them.
>>
>>33328403
>If you serve with the best of the best, there isn't anyone there who doesn't really want to be there.
>If

That's a big IF. I'm just saying it beats quitting BUD/S and getting stuck on a ship.
>>
File: macattack.gif (1MB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
macattack.gif
1MB, 245x250px
>>33327763
Enjoy the PTSD!
>>
>>33327763
You will have opportunities to make requests but the needs of the Navy and the needs of the teams come first.
Your performance during various phases of training will effect your opportunities.
Your peer reputation and performance history will follow you, critical errors like misfires can ruin your career.
Failures in training beyond BUD/S can leave you technically a SEAL but forced to ride a desk because nobody wants you.
>>
>>33328436
>it beats quitting BUD/S and getting stuck on a ship
That's your opinion, no idea if OP would agree. In that situation I'd rather fail out of BUD/s and end up in the Navy than be an 11B in the Army surrounded by literally the least intelligent members of any branch. Until the Army raises their minimum ASVAB scores, grunt Navy job > grunt Army job imo.
>>
>>33328481
>surrounded by literally the least intelligent members of any branch

You have no idea how many blacks are in the Navy, do you?
>>
>>33328490
I do; I'm in the Navy.

You have no idea about the pathetically low standards required to be an 11B, do you?
>>
>>33328504
Probably not much lower than becoming a BM
>>
>>33328514
They're literally the lowest standards of any job in any branch, even the Marine Corps, despite their reputation for being dumb (unless that has changed since I joined, but I doubt it has). Last I knew the Army minimum was 31.
>>
>>33328481
Experienced SOF guys would shit all over you for saying something like that.
Infantry typically have better infantry skills than SOF, shit like land nav and land warfare. You put 12 501st up against 12 frog men in a land warfare scenario and results will vary.
>>
>>33328382
Infantry:
>convoy IED bait
>stand a post a wait to get sniped
>shit equipment
>treated like one out of a million ants
>get put on working parties to pick up cigarette butts and shit

SOF
>none of those things
>>
>>33328593
Thank you for your input, experienced SOF guy.
>>
>>33327763
I will tell you what a SEAL would tell you: worry about getting through BUDS. Nothing else. Just get in retardedly good shape. I can't tell you how many guys I have known that have worried about al these details just to fail out of BUDS.
>>
>>33328638
Infantrymen hyper focus on infantry shit while commandos have about fifty other subjects to focus on.

Where am I losing you?
Do you think because they shoot more rounds they're somehow better in an open terrain fight?
Just because you can HALO jump and operate such and such gear and I can't doesn't make you a better killer it just makes you more flexible.

I've never been in the military but I've worked with several special warfare veterans and they are profoundly humble men. Go ask one yourself what they think of the infantry no need to take my word for any of this.
>>
>>33328386
>It's not hard to understand why would someone want that kind of thing

Everything you listed, with the exception of movie star, is achievable. You have to be willing to work your ass off to get there, but still achievable.

The ones who make it are the people who put in their 10K hours before everybody else.

I suspect that the wannabe operators want the toys and recognition without actually putting in the training and practice time.
>>
>>33328352
this is probably the most autistic post I have ever seen, nice
>>
>>33328337
You aren't a doorkicker, faggot. So you whether you'll change it remains to be seen as you become an adult.
>>
>>33328834
Isn't this why DEVGRU and CAG are supported by the 75th?
>>
>>33328352
this is the only good post ITT

why would anyone want to die for global capitalism
>>
is that an asian? holy shit

could be a filipino or a mexican though. can't tell.
>>
>>33328047
Fuck that, be an armored crewman, kill way more motherfuckers that way.
>>
>>33327763
>>33328613
>SOF
Be a faggot and jerk of with your faggot team all day. Die later that week in a helicopter crash.

>USMC
Get to kill
Get to be part of /pol/ and /k/ incarnate
Get to be part of the best fighting force in the world
Go to Valhalla and claim it for the Corps
>>
File: M1A1-Firing-07.jpg (31KB, 680x309px) Image search: [Google]
M1A1-Firing-07.jpg
31KB, 680x309px
>>33329099
Hell yeah! Tanker is the way to go
>>
>>33328558
There are some dumb fucks in the Infantry, but they are usually rednecks and kinda dumb. Not ghetto and kinda dumb. Which is better imo. Infantry also attracts some smart and semi-smart dudes who just wanna be mr cool guy.
>>
File: 53464521.jpg (466KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
53464521.jpg
466KB, 1024x666px
>>33329149
Yeah it is. You get to be combat arms and roll into battle in a war machine. And you get to strap coolers with burgers and dogs along with a grill and chill on field ops. Tanker is comfy and badass at the same time. Wish I had gone with my gut and done that. Harmony Church and the School of Armor is way nicer than shitty ass Sand Hill too.
>>
>>33329144
USMC
>get to be treated like a shitheaded faggot constantly and be subjected to the worst bullshit of all the branches when not deployed ie right now.
>>
>>33328352
Is this a the tribenigger equivalent of the seal copypasta?
>>
>>33328593
Where'd you learn that, Yemen?
>>
basically they look for tough minded people, who have always been drawn to the darker side of things. People who are not afraid to denounce God, kill family pets, and who WANT above all to be that bad ass person in the room who could kill anyone.
>>
>>33329144
all those helicopter crashes aren't real. Its when they die fighting for ISIS and the government makes a cover story

Remember how Putin had to lie about all the russian military members killed in ukraine? Same shit
>>
>>33328465
SOF personnel are less likely to get PTSD than any other job that experiences combat.

The fights are on their terms, mostly, so their is no un-managed sense of dread.
>>
>>33329916
citation needed
>>
>>33327801
Lmao military trash deserve it
>>
File: 1433425824342.png (168KB, 328x327px) Image search: [Google]
1433425824342.png
168KB, 328x327px
>>33327801
>>33330031
>>
>>33328047

incompetent, overconfident fuckups go to valhalla too?
>>
or just be a badass apache gun pilot.
>>
>>33329916
because they are psychopaths, while the grunts are just high school football players who couldnt find a job
>>
>>33327801
4th isn't, but he's dead to the teams
>>
>>33328047
why did this make me laugh so hard
>>
>>33327763
Why are their boots untied?
>>
>>33331285
How so?
>>
>>33330642
I'm a psychopath, officer, and have a college degree in mechanical engineering.
>>
>>33332446
>mechanical engineering.

pleb
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.