[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vets in USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: 1468138393247.webm (718KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468138393247.webm
718KB, 1920x1080px
I just learned this fact...so... in the rest of the world a veteran means somebody who has experienced combat. All fine and dandy...

BUT in USA it means anyone who's ever been enlisted in the military, even if they never even left USA, even if they have never been in a conflict zone, even if they have just spent their entire time behind a desk!

Add to the fact that people WORSHIP veterans in USA and it just boggles the mind.

Explain this, americans.

Pic related: veteran
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>
>>33327098
I wonder about this too, when you leave the armed forces here you are someone who served, if you deployed and engaged in hostile actions you will be considered a veteran.
>>
>>33327119
I'm not even trolling. Hell, USA has 1.3 million employed right now (not counting contracters). The amount of veterans (including present and past) has got to be like 10 million.

Why the hell do americans think that anyone enlisted is a veteran? even it just meant they guarded an empty hangar in the midwest?
>>
Explain it?

I can't, really. Most of the people who spew "thank you for your service" stuff are morons to begin with and believe that everyone in the armed forces is either a pilot, on a boat or a grunt.

I feel like this started with 'nam and the guys who got spat on said they would never do something like that so they started to put guys who were in on a pedestal. And so things trickle down and now it's out of hand.

I think the guys who saw action and came back fucked up or missing a limb and the VA has done their "best" with them should get preference but fucking corporal who hasn't left his desk in his eight years of enlistment, gets out and tries to pull the veteran card can get fucked.
>>
File: consider the following homer.jpg (37KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following homer.jpg
37KB, 569x428px
>>33327119
I think he was trying to bait out the vets and the "have served" and try to get them to fight.
>>
>>33327310
But it goes further than just some kiddo saying "thanks for your service". We're talking free upgrades to first class in airplanes, hotels, ballgames etc. We are talking standing ovations free stuff and preferential treatments.
>>
>>33327310
In between the two and agree. I feel bad looking at the va home loan when all I had happen was being shot at while in the mrap turret. And the sad part is a dumbass who got fucked up in basic got more benefits than I ever will because I went guard. I could be bitter but I can walk work and had my state cover most of college so fuck it
>>
>>33327395
Never saw any of that shit. 10% off at lowes and a free appetizer somewhere maybe
>>
>>33327098

It's been like that since we went to an all volunteer force, as a way to incentivize service. Though, if anything, it's had the negative effect of reducing the quality and quantity of said perks.
>>
File: sniper.jpg (650KB, 720x5442px) Image search: [Google]
sniper.jpg
650KB, 720x5442px
>>
File: fuck it.jpg (17KB, 497x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuck it.jpg
17KB, 497x225px
>>33327204
Look, your average American might think that Admin Desk Jockey Joe is some kind of war hero because he's got the uniform but at the end it doesn't really matter.

What's he get, a pat in the back? Maybe a free drink or meal? What a big fuckin' deal.

But I'll tell you what goes through Desk Jockey Joe every time he decides to put his firewatch and GWOT ribbon in his dress uniform for a night in town, he's always mindful that combat veteran is sitting in the bar or restaurant he's going to and they usually are

And the combat vet most likely won't say anything but the POG will know one when he sees one and its that silent stare, that cold and quiet disdain, thats worse than anything a civilian could say.

We're self regulating in that sense, you might catch a retard who never left the states acting all tough but if you ever have to opportunity to watch a combat veteran call him out on his bullshit, you'll see how he'll shrink back and stay respectfully quiet, shit he might even go to parade rest.
>>
>>33327558
HURRAY FREEDOM
>>
>>33327098
Propaganda.

Just like how the armed forces spent millions to get their soldiers to raise flags before superbowl or any sporting event.

Ameritards don't realize they are one of the most heavily brain washed country on earth.
>>
>>33327651
>pog detected
>>
File: sad mandarin man.jpg (393KB, 772x803px) Image search: [Google]
sad mandarin man.jpg
393KB, 772x803px
>>33327721
Did you think I could speak so vividly about that feeling without knowing it first hand?
>>
>>33327558
holy shit the salt.
>>
Veterans are like the republican version of black people

You are supposed to feel sorry and give them welfare and special job protections for being helpless, but also think they are cool and badass

Also if you make fun of them, the rebuttal is "you aren't a veteran/nigger so you don't know the racism/PTSD/discrimination/feelings they go through"
>>
>>33327738
Its hilarious when it is the guy who did his time in the cold war doing nothing who tries to call out a table full of recently returned vets who aren't wearing uniforms in public (I like thinking not being aattention whores). The look as he realized all 8 deployed and 5 deployed twice and he had to make some shit up about korea that wasn't booze and hookers.
>>
>>33327098
Nobody cares, thank you for your service is social brownie points horse shit.
They thank everyone because they can't tell the difference.
They say shit like oh my brother was a ranger because they can't just accept that they can't relate, they're concerned about themselves entirely.

Nobody even understands what's going on where the fighting is happening because they can't be bothered, because they don't care.
>>
>>33327825
Fuck. Just fuck always had that feeling but never put it to words. So is a double nigger a black vet now?
>>
oh wow things are defined differently in other places.
>>
>>33327870
Like I said m8, we're self regulating, age and rank won't count for shit outside of active duty, it's only what you've done.

I didn't do shit except stand post at the Kuwait/Iraq border while watching real Marines and Soldiers go into Iraq and get buried in sandstorms and then the mud that the rainstorm brought right after the sandstorms.

I think the only thing I have in common with combat veterans is just having to deal with the shitty, middle eastern environment
>>
>>33327098
Worships ? ... ya no one worships US Veterans , You need to get your head out of your ass and take a look at Veterans in the US . . go walk into a VA hospital shit for brains and say Veterans are worshipped .
>>
Holy fuck the salty edgelords in this thread.

>hurr you're a pog!
>hurr you never seen combat!
>hurr deployments are ONLY my shitty FOB!
People whoring out the fact they served for free shit is bullshit sure, but calling service members welfare queens is bullshit.
>>
The reaction is collective repentance for the way Viet Nam era vets were treated. The public are unable to understand war so I'll take the current brainwashing over babbykilluh meme brainwashing.

You don't expect the public, anywhere, to be informed and intelligent, do you?????
>>
>>33327962
Funny thing about worship lip service counts as much as actual service and is done way more often. I agree the output benefiting vets is absurdly low but the tone and invocation towards vets is reverent ...... if hollow
>>
What the fuck are you one, since when has veteran ever ment combat veteran. Veteran has a legal definition in most countries, usually it means having served a certain number of years or some shit, its got more to do with pensions benifits and license plates more than anything.
>>
File: 1.png (141KB, 378x390px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
141KB, 378x390px
>>33327558
>g-d
>kyle killed juba
>saddam sent the saudis on 9/11

i know this is ironic but what the fuck?
>>
>>33327998
You are either salty or cynical as fuck...... either way nail on the fucking head
>>
>>33327925
So how it like for those who are combat fit but just sit there and wank it all day. Do some of them envy or respect those that get their hands dirty?
>>
>>33327825
whoa...super true tbqf. Never realized it till you said that.
>>
File: 1485636046809.jpg (63KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1485636046809.jpg
63KB, 640x853px
>>33327825
why do you feel the need to make fun of black people and veterans?
>>
>Even within the same language, words can mean different things in different regions

wtf I hate english now
>>
>>33328013
>kyle killed juba

Entirely possible, seeing as juba is multiple people. Kyle very well could have killed one of them.
>>
>>33328153
idiot
>>
>>33328112
See >>33327887
Some humor but bit of truth. I doubt malice was intended but reality sucks sometimes
>>
>>33328153
Juba is just a fuckin' propaganda ploy m8

every insurgent sniper is juba

has he killed every iraqi sniper? i doubt it
>>
For the most part this doesn't bother me. Serving anywhere is still serving.

But what really pisses me off is when some clown who served in Iowa for four years expects veteran treatment and a four tour combat vet never even mentions they served.

I actually witnessed a Iraq and Afghanistan vet call out some jackass who actually told someone to thank him.

It played out as such
> "its Veterans Day you should thank a veteran!"
> "oh thanks for your service..."
> hey anon. Where did you serve?
> "well I was in bfe Kansas, then Ohio.
> I went to Europe for a while
> " where did you serve?
> two tours in Iraq, two tours in afaganistan
> then a couple week in a hospital In Germany
> then another month in Maryland.
> but hey anon. Thank you for your service!
>>
>>33328193
>people actually walking around demanding people to thank them

wtf guys
>>
>>33328173
Thank you for repeating my point Captain Redundant.
>>
>>33328215
NDMF (nondeploying mother fuckers) shit tier in name only vets
>>
>>33328112
Did he died?
>>
File: syria_in_blue.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
syria_in_blue.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>33328313
Guess
>>
>>33328320
wtf is the story here.
>>
>>33328320
I'm a mobile shitter and can't view webms, tell me what happens.
>>
>>33328350
A lone gentleman agressively fends off 3 drunk goblins
>>
>>33328024
>You are either salty or cynical as fuck

They go together. I call it realism.
>>
>>33328350
>>33328369
Also get a better phone
>>
File: 1429666743855.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429666743855.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>33328320
fuck..... this is satisfying
>>
>>33328083
Of course dude, its a feeling of inadequacy that I'm going to have to live with till I die or until I get the chance to prove myself
>>
>>33328943
just watch some nig videos and you'll see how incompetent they are and feel better
>>
>>33328011
lol at your first sentence. americans need to focus more on their education.
>>
>>33328112

Because the cardboard signs they make and hold at ibtersections suck major ass.

The military should include a basic kindsrgarten refresher on using poster board and construction paper when discharging people.
>>
Israelfag here, we all serve for 3 years. 75 percent are non combatants. Including me. American combatants have it worse cos you don't fight on your own soil in order to prevent war from reaching your soil. Most combatants in Israel and I believe in the US don't see combat. The problem in the US is that about half of your citizens are spoiled morons cos you can afford to be stupid in America cos it's a great country.republicans got it right about thanking for the service cos it's the least they can do. Honor stealing by desk jockeys is pathetic and I think it'll be sorted out on its own. If you're a cimbatant, u font enlist for respect so don't assume or expect anything. You will get respect from people that it matters to get respect.those are the people that count, not the freeloaders.
Gary for the shitty phraing, I'm new to writing with a smartphone. Brrrrrrrrrt.
>>
>>33327098
>17
There are veterans and then there are combat veterans. Case closed
>>
>>33327098
I think the term you're looking for is combat veteran.
>>
>>33327098
>Post 9/11, a narrative gets spun that anyone opposed to military actions "hates the troops defending our freedom! Do you want to get 9/11ed again Liberals?"
>The narrative shifts, so literally every single political conversation has to be prefaced with "I support our troops, they're all heroes"
>Saying literally anything negative about the military or anything it does is immediately spun into a personal attack on troops
>Companies start to fall all over themselves to give bonuses to the brave heroes defending us from the barbarian hordes
"Muh troops" is literally identical to SJW virtue signalling. And, just like white bluehairs try to get in on those sweet, sweet oppression points, POGs want to be seens as heroes.
Combine that with the mentality that civilians questioning any aspect of military life to any degree is sacrilege?
We've devised a set of social rules where you can't point out that someone just had a dumb haircut and washed rocks for 4 years and that doesn't really make them a hero/even worthy of respect over say, a civilian firefighter or paramedic.

Tl;dr American military worship is fucking retarded.
>>
>>33328350
Download vlc
>>
>>33328350
>What is Clover
Literally phoneposting right now and I just watched the webm
>>
Have a discharge papers DD214, been activated or mobilized, served in active duty than guess what, you're a veteran.

Anyone who has played counterstrike knows the cop got juked and was killed like a noob. This isn't actual military training involved, he was a reservist in a engineer company.
>>
>>33327098
Well to be fair, in the US we do tend to distinguish between veteran and combat veteran.

If you say "I'm a veteran" people don't just automatically assume that means "I fought in a war". If you say "I'm a combat veteran" they do.
>>
File: whatamidoingwithmylife.jpg (15KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
whatamidoingwithmylife.jpg
15KB, 400x224px
>>33327738
>tfw joined Navy at 19 even though I was asthmatic and had ADD
>shouldn't even have been in the military and didn't know how bad the gas chamber would fuck me up in boot
>nothing unusual happened and I went out to the fleet and did fleet stuff
>never carried a rifle
>never did coolguy shit
>will always wonder
I still tell stories about my time in, because some are funny, but I always look down a little when someone tanks me for my cervix.
I'll never have someone try to kill me, I'll never fire shots in anger at commies. I wish I could go back to age 19 and go for Hospital Corpsman with FMF or some shit.
>>
>>33327098
I think the definition too broad as well. My cuck chair force brother spent his entire enlistment in New Mexico. Hardly a "veteran".
>>
>>33332324
If you want somebody to try and kill you just move to chicago or detroit.

Or anywhere where the majority of people are black.
>>
>>33327825
Worse part of living near an American military base?

No jobs because muh vet hiring preference.
>>
>>33332653
I'd like to keep my guns legally, anon. Those places tend to have democrat gun laws
>>
>>33329154
They literally pass dumb nigglets in our local school district. They can not do work all year and will still be passed at bare minimum.

Sis is teacher at poor rural school and has 4th graders who can't even read at a kindergarten level but are passed anyways.

But hey, we can spend the budget on sports so the thousands of future criminal scum can toss a ball into a basket & disrupt children who want to learn.
>>
I'm a veteran with PTSD. It's 11 o'clock.

So I'm going to say "meow". Now you have to call me a pretty pussy cat, or you don't support the troops.
>>
File: LCpl Mittens.jpg (91KB, 717x720px) Image search: [Google]
LCpl Mittens.jpg
91KB, 717x720px
>>33332870
Go to bed Mittens
>>
File: well golly fucking gee.png (94KB, 668x578px) Image search: [Google]
well golly fucking gee.png
94KB, 668x578px
>>33327098
>Recording the screen of a phone, with another phone
>>
>>33327098
>>33333333
>>
File: pbdying.webm (573KB, 994x560px) Image search: [Google]
pbdying.webm
573KB, 994x560px
>>33327098
Shit webm
Have a better one

With the way the media keeps parroting the shit they do, you would be surprised to know that a black nationalist terrorist murdered 5 Dallas police officers.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.