[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forged in Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 296830-1.jpg (97KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
296830-1.jpg
97KB, 440x640px
Anyone watching this?

Also, why there are plenty of weeb-tier blacksmiths in america? At least one guy in every episode is doing tanto or wakizashi and at least half a dozen of them just went full blown weaboos.
>>
Its kinda cringy.

Lost a bit of respect for it after watching the bayonet episode as it just made it obvious to me they only have a cursory understanding of certain weapons and only care about gucci looks.

The amount of "blacksmiths" making pattern welded stuff and calling it Damascus while claiming their mystery shit steel sandwich is somehow better for it is mind boggling. I think there was one person i seen do it properly (not for looks) where they actually kept the good steel on the edge and the soft steel on structural duty
>>
I enjoy it. Ilya was good. It's too bad the time limit isn't an extra hour or two, it'd make everyone much more competitive.
Doug always makes me chuckle when he does his thing.
>>
Is that the navy marine ranger seal from triggers?
>>
I think I've seen every episode since it started. I saw one guy that was on it made a YouTube video of the experience and he said that it's very hot in there because the TV sound guys turn off the AC and fans to get rid of background noise. But I think I've actually only said "wow that's a cool knife" only a few times.
>>
>>33326633
I like how Willis and the judges didn't take the whole thing too seriously. The blacksmiths are mostly cool too, except a couple few who were full of themselves (like that manlet mudspic)

Also, I like how they get creative with the material and those extra challenges (like making a flip knife or serrated edge and other stuff) made stuff fresh.

My favorite contestant is that one fat, bald dude who was just chilling his way to the final and won that 10 grand
>>
>>33326633
The show took a dip when they get politically correct by putting niggers and womyn as contestants
>>
File: 20170117_150240.jpg (656KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_150240.jpg
656KB, 1920x1080px
Don't watch it because you can't make a decent knife in such a short period but own a few knives Doug's made and was happy to meet him at SHOT show this year
>>
It's enjoyable, but I do wonder where they're gonna go since pretty much every famous blades were already being featured and they're really scraping at the bottom of the barrel now with random african pointy implements
>>
>>33326633
Coconut Test
o
c
o
n
u
t

T
e
s
t
>>
>>33331215
There are other types of blades that they could make. There's the malaysian kris (which is shorter than moro kris and is used mainly as stabbing weapon), chinese jian and dao, korean sword, that flexible indian blade which double as a belt/corset, khmer katana, scimitar, and the list goes on and on
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.