[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 53

File: 1489554312411.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489554312411.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Syria Boots on the ground Edition.

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
If i take a pulmonary test and pass it, will i still need a waiver for childhood asthma?
>>
Is it possible to be a in relationship while a service member and not get cucked? Or is it to be expected?
>>
>>33326000
When I was younger, I suffered from severe migraines on a daily basis and had to take Topamax to prevent them. I stopped having the migraines and stopped taking the prescription around 8-10 years ago. Since then I can't remember having a migraine except for maybe a morning migraine once in every blue moon.

I know migraines permanently disqualify you from the Armed Services but this was so long ago and I'm completely healthy now. Should I bother trying to enlist or am I fucked because everything is (probably) on my medical records?
>>
File: A DUD.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A DUD.png
132KB, 500x500px
>>33326000
just got out of the navy e-4 exam, I hope I pick up constructionman life is suffering.
>>33326212
Just be straight up and ask a recruiter, if he says no way go to another recruiter and ask. Most likely they will say dont worry about it.
>>33326071
Dont be a Jody. if you are in a relationship with someone who isnt a shit bag just trust them to make the right choices while deployed and you do the same for them.
>>
I'm going from stage acting and writing to join the military at 27. Will people just assume that I'm gay in spite of my heterosexuality?
>>
>>33326608
probably not and if so no one will really give a fuck
>>
>>33326608
fag
>>
Is it still bad to be gay/bi in the military? I'm not too open and I'm not flaming, I just like dudes.
>>
>>33327650

Marines are still iffy about it, but any other branch will probably be fine.
>>
>>33327680
>tfw wanted to go to the Marines
Oh well...
>>
File: 1487908511833.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487908511833.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
What are my chances at enlisting as a Navy mechanic if I have a misdemeanor arrest (pot) on my record? I haven't taken the ASVAB yet but I'm not fully dumb, so I'd anticipate to score something between 80-90

Am I waiver-able?
>>
Would studying for a year or even getting my degree in the Netherlands hinder my ability to be a pilot or pursue a TS?
>>
File: u0v70KO.jpg (157KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
u0v70KO.jpg
157KB, 2000x2000px
How does comissioning work? Do I go to basic and then to OCS or straight to OCS?
>>
Will my leaving the cg's DEP kill my chances of going marine?
>>
>>33328040
Basic first.
>>
File: image.png (306KB, 486x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306KB, 486x576px
Would I actually need any preexisting skills and knowledge with automobiles to be an M1 armor crewman and be in an armored vehicle or will they teach any random dumbass everything they need to know as long as they aren't completely retarded?

I'm a worthless high school dropout with no plans for life, so I'm considering trying to get in shape and join the US army once my mother kicks me out of the house.
>>
>>33328812
Find out the asvab scores required - there are a few questions like telling the difference between a hammer and a wrench.
>>
>>33328812
Is that image a shoop or an actual manga? Reverse searching returned nothing.
>>
>>33327650
You will get bashed to death in any branch. Stay out of my military Sodomite.
>>
>>33326071
>https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
The divorce rate for female service members is double male service members desu.
>>
>>33327650
You'll be a-okay friend-o. 4chan's probably not the best place to ask.
>>
>>33328357
Why don't you ask a Marine recruiter?
>>
>>33328988

What does this imply?
>>
>>33328812
theyll teach from the groundup in your MOS school. I knew almost nothing about construction before I joined except how to hammer a nail and they start most MOS/rate training expecting most boots to not know much.
>>
>>33328957
its the actual manga. search girls und panzer
>>
>>33328957
It's from a Doujin, that particular image comes after a rather nasty few panels.
>>
>>33327650
You're fine. I was active duty 2007-2011 Marine Infantry. Don't ask, don't tell was our policy

You'll probably get called a cocksucker. Live with it faggot or stay out my corps.
>>
>>33329052
I don't want to waste her time.
>>
>>33329536
>hey I'm in CG DEP but want to be a marine instead, would leaving the DEP hurt my chances at all
>receive answer
It's a 2 minute phone call at most.
Don't be a meek, shy pussy about it.
>>
>>33329269
Well that's good.

>>33328924
I did kinda fine on asvab practice tests in most fields but my math is pure shit, grade schooler with down syndrome tier, how much of a problem is that going to be?
>>
How long will it take to ship out on an 03xx contract in the USMC? I tried for SEAL in the Navy but I couldn't manage to get contracted. ASVAB scores are 73 and physical fitness is very good.

What about as an 11b in the Army? I need to ship out ASAP.
>>
>>33329672
Thanks mate
>>
>>33329693
>I did kinda fine on asvab practice tests in most fields but my math is pure shit, grade schooler with down syndrome tier, how much of a problem is that going to be?

Take a year or so and go to your community college and learn math. It will more beneficial for you in the long run. It's better to know basic math now than wait until you're in your mid-late 20s fresh out of the military.

It's what I did and I don't regret it.
>>
Anybody else ever fill out an Air Force gun registration form? This shit's confusing and could use the help.
>>
>>33329742
Any time.
Good luck btw I don't think leaving a DEP will be too much of a hassle
>>
>>33330323
Airfags aren't allowed to own guns. Have fun being reported by your own unit.
>>
>>33330548
Ok, anybody who's not retarded want to help?
>>
>>33327883
pls respond
>>
>>33330719
I think it might have some effect on your TS since they specifically check for foreign allegiance with that.
>>
My right eye is pretty fucked vision-wise; I'll probably need a waiver for it. Will this waiver prevent me from getting an Option 40 contract?
>>
>>33330323
Is this a post specific form?

tbqh, just find a guy who lives offpost in your unit that you trust and keep your shit there. It's about 10000x less of a hassle.
>>
What's the best USMC MOS for a 22 y/o male with absolutely no skills or degree? ASVAB score percentile was 70 if it counts for anything.
>>
File: 1hsIDPwbz3g.jpg (206KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1hsIDPwbz3g.jpg
206KB, 1200x900px
If my old neighbor called the cops on me for breaking and entering and a detective from the city PD interviewed me but I was never arrested and never went to court. I didn't do it btw. Will MEPs or a Security clearance know about this or bring this up? Will I get in trouble for not disclosing this?

What If I went to a Psychiatrist for a screening but nothing was found wrong with me?
>>
>>33330769
It might make the process slightly Longer. Just make sure you disclose it. You should be fine.
>>
>>33330967
Shit, dude. I'd love to but the only people I trust live in the dorms. I did hear that advice before but it was for staying away from the armory. I'm filling out the form so it stays at my house.
>>
>>33331267
Don't know. Does any one know if that counts as involvement with law enforcement?
>>
Was looking at my university's job listing board and saw an airforce recruiter looking for bioenvironmental officers. Is the airforce hurting for numbers or something? I thought their jobs were in demand.
>>
>>33329741
Please respond
>>
>>33326000

If you sign an army airborne packet, is there any way to know what unit you'll go to?
Like if I sign, does my geographic location determine if I go to the 82nd, 173d, or 4th BCT? Will I get to choose if my ASVAB/PFT are high enough? or is it just "needs of the army?"
Are any of these units considered to be more elite than the others?
>>
>>33331910
You don't know where you'll.

Every unit thinks it's the most elite Basically Special Forces unit. 82nd is the most moto'tarded though.
>>
>>33331837
From what I understand they want to expand their numbers.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/12/22/air-force-350k-airmen-2024.html
>>
>>33331948

Fuck. I really don't wanna get stuck in Alaska or Italy. It'll be hard as fuck to go to selection if Im not even in the lower 48, much less the same fucking continent.
Guess I'll just bust ass these next two years and see if I can make standards to get an Op 40
>>
File: 1379372919839.jpg (25KB, 156x250px) Image search: [Google]
1379372919839.jpg
25KB, 156x250px
>>33331972
While the officials said the service needs to grow across the entire force, it will focus on particular mission sets, specifically cyber, maintenance, nuclear and space enterprises; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance "play a role in each of those."
>space enterprises
>>
>>33332115
Ifcyou're interested in a field just make sure you so plenty of research about whatever job you want. All branches try and give each job lofty sounding names to get people's attention.
>>
Is doing infantry right now a really bad idea? Also, if I enlist as 11b, and want to become an officer later on, what do I do?
>>
File: received_1728111834132608.jpg (31KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
received_1728111834132608.jpg
31KB, 920x613px
When I was 14 I got prescribed Fluoxetine and took it for two years before realizing it didn't do anything because I wasn't depressed. I did the mention this or any other issues to the recruiter. Will this come up for anext officer looking to get top secret clearance?
>>
>>33332283
*didn't mention *an officerror
Fucking autocorrect sorry boys
>>
>>33332239
stuff might be heating up again but its still a 99.5% peace time military right now, so just be prepared for that if you're wanting to see action ( in the span of a 4-5 year enlistment a lot can change though). Also going officer from enlisted is defiantly possible if you are a hard charger, some of the more respected officers in my unit are former enlisted.
>>
File: 1409856592964.jpg (46KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1409856592964.jpg
46KB, 408x439px
I want to be an officer in the military. Problem is, I'm stuck between several branches.

What are some of the pros and cons of the Air Force, Navy, and Marines?
>>
>>33332602
Army is probably the easiest to get into. When you are done with active you can then go Guard or Reserve.
>>
>>33332602
What do you wanna be though anon Officers can have a lot of jobs. In the navy alone there's stuff like pilots, line officers (run the ships), Civil Engineer Corps, Medical, etc
>>
>>33332707
Primarily I want a branch that can let me develop skills to make me employable after my military career.

Broadcasting would be great (as I'm an actor) and Journalism has always been a passion for me.
>>
How is 12W? I want to be a carpenter in civilian life and peacetime infantry doesn't seem fun, so I figure I might as well be a carpenter in the army.
>>
would i be looked at as a bitch if i did a non combat job in the army? (by fellow service members or civilians)
>>
>>33332996

Bro what do you think you're gonna be building during peacetime?
you're not gonna be building FOBs if there's no war to fight
>>
>>33331894
>>33329741
Mine came in 2 weeks after I DEP'd in and 03 was my 2nd choice. From what I heard if you put 03 down, you will most likely get 03. I've only been in the DEP 30 days or so and I leave April 3rd. Yours may not be as fast as mine though, the guy I went to MEPS with got an August ship date
>>
Any comments or input on Corpsman?
>>
File: Seabee logo.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Seabee logo.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>33332996
now this is a question I can answer pretty well. i'm a Navy BU and do about the same job as a 12W. My A school class (the army's AIT) was mixed with 12W nasty girls and a few active duty soldiers and we all trained together. Although they got only maybe 2/3rds the training we seabees got. they learned concrete, masonry, wood working, wall/room framing, with us but after that they graduated while the navy half of the class continues to learn finishing work.

Honestly military construction is a great job, we spend a good amount of training on combat related topics like FOB and convoy security (i've had range time with the M240B, M16, M2, and Mk.19) and if shit goes down again we will get called in, but our main job also translates straight into the civilian world. I say go for it anon, if the Army doesn't have openings I recommend you ask the navy recruiters about the seabees and the AF about Red Horse.
>>33333125
thats a good point but its also true about any peace time mil job, atleast you can start learning a trade while doing some cool shit now and then.
>>
anybody in here from MOS 19D Cavalry scouts?

can you tell me about it?

i dont see my life going anywhere from where im at now. I want to see more of the world, i want to experience combat and looking at the descriptions ive seen it seems i would like it.

>>33329228
women are cucked more than men? or military women make terrible wives?
>>
>>33333393
>>33332996

I wasn't trying to say it's a bad idea, Im just saying you'll probably be just as bored as a 12W as you would be as an 11 series, the difference being that you'll actually learn a trade.

If you want to learn a cool trade and actually get to do a lot while you're in, look into ship's husbandry. You'll learn how to dive and weld underwater. So you'd leave with a lot of transferable skills (diving, ships husbandry, and welding)

The Navy operates regardless of whether there's a war on, so wear and tear on ships is constant, so you'll have plenty to do.
>>
>>33333497
Only for fags
>>
>>33332239
Former Infantry here. You'd have to be the dumbest mother fucker on Earth to join as Infantry.

I did, it was 2006. There was a WAR. I went to WAR. You would not do anything except train.
>>
File: 1lkju4.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1lkju4.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>33333623
>>
>>33333650
which units currently see combat?
>>
>>33333688
>>33333650

i mean which mos currently see's combat?
>>
>>33333688
>>33333705
I don't think you get it man. If we're not at war, there is no war to fight. Only special forces get tasked out for things.

I didn't have that problem, when I joined we still had a war going on so regular Infantry were put in the fight.

I know you're young, probably want to fight the world, but if there's no war, then you gotta realize that.
>>
>>33333688
>>33333705

>fucking google it

Until recently, there was a brigade of 101st Airborne in Iraq, but they're being relieved by 2nd BCT, 82nd Airborne
the 82nd Airborne 2nd BCT is deploying to Iraq
pretty sure there's still some 82nd guys in Afghanistan too
the 1st BCT of 10th mtn division is still in Iraq iirc
There's Rangers in Iraq and Afghanistan

SEALS/Green Berets are doing clandestine coolguy stuff all over the middle east (Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc)

Basically, unless you consider Operation Atlantic Resolve a fun deployment, you have to be in the 82nd (and really lucky) or be fucking 'leet as shit to get a combat deployment
>>
>>33333805
>I know you're young, probably want to fight the world,
jeezus christ you seem kind of full of it.

I know a few guys who are currently seeing combat.

also, give it 5 years.
>>
>>33333848
Oh really? Lol where? Tom Clancy novels?
>>
>>33333864
not the guy you're responding to, but there will probably be another war in a few years. i think something is gunna spark ww3 maybe, at least some more bullshit in the mudslime part of the world.
>>
>>33333876
Nope. America is tired of war. Even Obama couldn't put troops in Syria. We will again but more like 10 years.
>>
>>33326000
I'm 27...I've always wanted to join, but only for OCS. If I did, would 27-28 be way too old to join?
>>
>>33332729
sounds like killing yourself is a better career choice for you anon. military doesn't need any rolling stones.
>>
>>33332729
you're wasting your time.

go in, do some cool shit, get out with a GI bill, then do that.
>>
Anyone know about the Air Force's cyber surety program?
>>
Alright /k/ommando's help me out here,

I'm a fairly smart kid whose nearing the end of highschool in a few months.

While I fully have the capability to enter college, I think I'd mentally degrade to suicide there.

Can the military change me for the better in the long run?
>>
>>33334183
What'd you get on the ASVAB?
Personally, I'd find a decent job for a year and then think about joining, it's what I'm doing. Making huge decisions right out of high school when you have no real world experience is a shit idea IMHO

t. someone who graduated a year ago and is enlisting in the Navy
>>
>>33334224
I haven't taken the ASVAB yet, as this has been a smaller thought for the past few months. I don't think I'll struggle with it though. (3.9 GPA / 1400 SAT / multiple AP's )

And while I could get a job in the local area and wait, I don't think my parents can handle me not being enrolled in something whether it's military or not. (Sister is a brainlet who decided to not attend college and consequently lives shit life)

I still have time to think and decide, I just want to know how it will shape me as an individual.
>>
>>33333891
>Nope. America is tired of war.
Nope we are tired of the middle east.

The longest period we have gone without some sort of conflict or dicking around in someone elses back yard was from 1812 to 46' and even this isnt true because we were fighting pirates in between this time.

America never tires of war, we just get tired of the scenery.
>>
>>33334271
Not that guy you're replying to, but if there's one bit of advice I would give to high school age anons, it would be to take a gap year. Seriously. Do some traveling, look at your options for school/work/military, and just take some time to think about your life up until now. A lot of people (myself included) had parents, teachers, and other authority figures who were basically guiding them through their early life without realizing that eventually, the kids would have to start making their own life decisions. Your parents want the best for you, but in this case the best thing they can do is let you figure things out for yourself. No one really has any idea how certain decisions will shape them as individuals - people change a lot in college, not to mention the military. Take some time to either work or travel or check out universities; the point is to have some breathing room to figure out what you want to do. If your parents object, tell them it's ok because some random person on the internet said so.
>>
File: 1455928580633.jpg (138KB, 1075x603px) Image search: [Google]
1455928580633.jpg
138KB, 1075x603px
>>33334271
I am the guy you're replying to; >>33334326 has it entirely right. Learn to live and function as an adult before you throw yourself into the military. Cut up, have fun and learn to handle responsibility along the way. Rushing to make a huge, life impacting decision like joining is a bad idea, you want to think it through well. Figure out what YOU want to do with your life, at the end of the day your parents' approval doesn't matter if you're unhappy as fuck trying to please them.
Take a gap year, pick up a part-time(or full time if you're down with that) job, do some thinking on what you'd like to do in life and figure yourself out man .
>>
>>33334326
>it would be to take a gap year.
I kind of agree but even after about 6 months trying to figure out life i was no where. My mom told me to fuck off or go to college. I had no job to fuck off with so i went to college(also it turned out my 2 year full ride scholarship was time sensitive). So hear i am now thinking the military over and it looks better and better everyday.

I think its not best to take a year off but to but instead to do as much as possible, do a little school, get multiple jobs, travel, and think about what you want in the end.

I think ive figured it out after having this experiences from my solphmore to 3rd semester of college
>work at mcdonalds
>work at petco
>do odd labor jobs
>Train to be IT
>privately work IT
>3 semesters of college
>spent 3 weeks in the UK
>spent 1 week in in TN settling family shit(be there if not for family but so you know what you have to do when your parents get old).
>get out in nature
>get into your hobbies
>ask everyone you know about their jobs
>a bunch of other shit.
and above all think, think, think.

Honestly ive got no clue what im doing but ive looked at everyone i know who has gone down my path and i realize its a fucking road that goes no where and everyone i know who is where i want to be are in the military. I honestly, i just wish i had looked at everyone around me instead of just looking at myself.
>>
>>33334370
>>33334326
Original anon here,

I would honestly agree with the waiting sentiment if I wasn't such a degenerate man.

Like I recognize what kind of person I am and I understand that if given no responsibilities i'd just become like a NEET.

My current character is something that needs heavy work on and it's primarily the reason pushing for the military.

When I said mental state issues in the previous posts I didn't mean the fact that I can't handle college and I'll end up breaking down, or even that I don't know what I want to do in life. It's more as if I understand that in my current form, my degeneracy will spiral when I leave to college and am absolved of parental rules and whatnot. I'd come out like a NEET or something. This fact alone just disgusts me.

It's not as if I didn't try to fix this either, I did a slower method and tried the

>just try to gradually change yourself

Approach, which didn't do shit for me. I spent a year away from any form of computer associated myself with everything and anything normie-based that I could find relative interest in. While that year was ultimately fun as shit and I met a bunch of new people and had new experiences, I still felt hollow and eventually reverted back to playing vidya constantly and whatnot. It's just my weakness and I'd need a harsh change to absolve it in my opinion.

tl;dr: I lack blatant self control and will spiral into NEETdom if left to my own device and I want advice on how the military will shape my character
>>
on a scale from 1-10, how meme are the muhreens? aside form the pride, and being able to say "i was a muhreen!" is there any real reason to be marine 0300?
>>
>>33334515
Fair enough man. No one call tell you how exactly how the military you change you, but one thing that pretty universal amongst every I know who's either currently in the military or retired is that you will become disciplined. In the military, you don't have a choice of whether to get up in the morning or do this or that; you just do it. Even after people leave the military they will retain that sense of discipline in their daily lives.
>>
I head to MEPS monday and then ship out tuesday. Starting to get butterflies. Not cold feet or anything, just nervous.
>>
Any Green side Corpsman lurking?
>>
>>33334597
Good luck anon, and godspeed.
>>
>>33334624
What's up Chief. Was an Infantry Marine and doc was my boy. I know their shit.
>>
>>33334670
Thanks amigo. Got an 11x option 40. Dont want to fail. Been a dream of mine to become a Ranger. I'm 24 now, so the hardest part will be getting along with the 18 year olds fresh out of high school.
>>
>>33334681
About to finish Associates degree and thinking of joining the Navy and going greenside. Anything you can tell about how it really is past schooling would be appreciated.
>>
>>33334692
Not the other anon, my best boy is 0311 scout sniper. Docs get treated the best by the grunts. If you're in a barracks, you'll most likely just be hooking up drunk marines to banana bags so they don't get smoked in the morning.

Also, don't eat the banana.
>>
File: 1485226283278.jpg (23KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
1485226283278.jpg
23KB, 360x280px
Any info on enlisting in the army with ADHD. Best answer I can find is it depends...
I take meds daily for it but I don't have to, I can function with out them but I do better with them. Will I be expected to stop taking them if I join?
>>
>>33334692
Ok dude, I'm gonna shoot this straight.

Here's the thing. They let Navy docs choose greenside. So you will be a corpsman for Marines. The shitty thing is, it's a gamble. You could work at a hospital on a Marine base being a nurse. You could land a pog unit. Or you get thrown in the mix and land Infantry. We don't fuck around you will have an e5 screaming at you no different than a Marine.
>>
>>33334736
ADHD medicine is meth, isn't it? You'll piss dirty at MEPS unless you've been clean for awhile.

Also, ADHD isn't real. You can lie and get security clearance, but if you go Top Secret, they'll hire a private investigator to shake down your friends and relatives.
>>
File: Understand.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Understand.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>33334739
Its either Corpsman or Nurse, always wanted to join military so I figured why not both.
>>
>>33334745
Idk the exact breakdown of what I take but basically it's meth, it doesn't read as meth though or I would have failed other drug tests.

I'm not trying to debate the realness of it.
Rangers ( pipe dream) would require security clearance but not top secret yes?
>>
>>33334756
Yeah, I got a ranger option. Gotta get security clearance. 18xray is TS. Good luck. You can go 68 whiskey with option 40 and be a ranger medic. Up to you. You'll rank up faster and get paid more in the army.
>>
>>33334752
Well the Army has medics, we have Corpsman. If you want Infantry corpsman my only advice is be in shape. Even doc has to hike and even though you're Navy we make them do the PFT.
>>
>>33334791
I'm not that uneducated on the topic. I was just looking for some field day to day stuff. What do they do when they aren't hoofing it with muhreenz?
>>
>>33332540
Are enlisted-to-officer officers more competent as a result of knowing what it's like to have been a grunt than direct entry officers?
>>
>>33334769
Nice!
Not so interested in 18x, what happens to those who fail?

Any other MOS you know of that give civilian relevant training and option 40?
>>
>>33334804
They pretend they have to do stuff in sick bay. So skating. It's a pretty chill job.
>>
>>33334823
Not sure. 18x is a bad idea for most. Sure, you can pass it, but there's no guarantee you'll make selection. I'm assuming you get recycled into some other combat mos. If you want to go SOF, best bet is Ranger and then drop a packet once you're in. I've heard the 75th doesn't like losing rangers to SF though.
>>
>>33334865
What's it mean to "drop a packet"
>>
>>33334877
Basically it means to make a formal request to try out for something. In this case, Green Berets,
>>
>>33327740
If you'd asked in 2006-2008, you would be waiverable. At this point, however, the armed forces are getting more and more picky simply because they have a metric shitload of dudes hoping to join up.

Sorry dude.
>>
>>33334881
Thank you.
Do you have any idea where I can get info on my original question regarding adhd?
>>
>>33332283
It will come up in your file, and you'll get a few token questions about depression. They'll ask if you're taking anything illegally or legally and then proceed to ask the "Have you thought about killing yourself" question in about a thousand different ways.

Shouldn't affect anything though, my man.
>>
ausfag here, what are my chances of getting deployed if i enlist now?

also, do you reckon it's a better idea to get a degree before enlisting or afterwards
>>
>>33333070
The only person who would think you were a bitch would be the dude looking at you in the mirror every morning. What grunts don't realize is that for every fightin man there's a fucking score of dudes behind him that make his fighting easy and effective.

TLDR fuck no, anyone who bitched you out for taking a non-combat MOS is a fucking asshole.
>>
>>33334896
Go to a recruiting office. I had an ailment that caused my stomach to produce more acid than usual. I lied about it so I could serve. as a corpsman or a combat medic, you don't need Top secret clearance. They only know what you tell them, unless you go for TS.
>>
>>33334597
You're gonna do fine anon, everyone gets to that point. Just chill out, play some vidya or something, and when you get the call, ship on out.

They're gonna teach you everything you need to know, man, just empty out your brain and realize that the dudes in Basic are literally only there to help you.
>>
>>33334911
Were you taking meds for it and did you keep taking them while you served?
>>
>>33334958
I was taking meds prior. When I was a civvy, I was drinking and smoking ciggies everyday so that didn't help. Once you're in, you can use meds until after basic. I keep a lid on it with TUMS now,
>>
>>33334966
*can't use
>>
>>33334966
Thanks man,
Be safe
>>
>>33334690
anyone have any experience on how the age difference works out? enlisting this october and will be 24

whats youre fitness level like?
>>
>>33335021
It's not the best but I can run for miles in a timely manner. Right now I can crank out about 50 pushups in 2 minutes and 15 pullups in 2 minutes.

I was told to focus on running and the pushups/pullups will come during OSUT.
>>
>>33335043
How long did it take you to get that point and where did you start physically?
>>
>>33335103
i'm a manlet so it doesn't take me long to acquire mass. I worked in a fast food joint for 3 years. Lots of running around and arm strength making pizza dough all day long. If you're out of shape now and really trying to get fit, there's plenty of programs out there to help you out. I'd say Mark Rippetoe's 5x5 with a shitload of cardio.
>>
Does Air Force BMT recycle recruits?
>>
>>33334806
Usually. Obviously they'd generally be more sympathetic to the plight of the enlisted man, but every once in a while you'll meet a know-it-all that forgot where the fuck he came from. Fuck you, Jessie.
>>
>>33334806

Prior enlisted officers are usually worse officers than their TIS peers and have a more difficult time making it to the higher ranks.
>>
>>33335269
>>33335273

You're both right. PS officers are total bros when they're junior (O-3 and below) because they're working directly with Joes and know what it is like.

They fall short later in their careers because they don't have the depth of experience, have learned bad habits, or are simply too old to keep up.

I prefer a PS officer as a company commander, but I wouldn't want one in charge of me in a position higher than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 750x537px
What's the chance I get DQ'd by a history of depression, anxiety, and adhd.
What can I do to reduce that chance?
>inb4 lie
I would need TS clearance for my position, so as I understand lying is off the table.
>>
>>33328040

depends on branch. for the Army you go to basic then wait around until you get a perfect PT score, then go to OCS. the other branches you go straight to OCS/OTS off of the street. with the Marines you still have to go to TBS like everyone else.
>>
>>33331837

there's been a pilot shortage for a while.

i'm pretty sure bioenviornmental officer is mainly managing the EPRs of the dudes who fit your gas mask.
>>
>>33334904
any aussies here?
>>
>>33333688
>>33333705

the bomb droppers, tankers, airlifters, command and control, and recon flyers are all still bomb dropping, passing gas, airlifting, commanding and controlling, and doing sneaky stuff from the air.
>>
Will the Army ever get rid of sit ups?

More to the point, is there any reason for me to regularly practice sit ups as an aspiring 11B? I'm stuck on a never ending plateau on them. I'm not looking to do any strenuous selection like Ranger or SF because my eyesight would DQ me anyway.
>>
File: Army Budweiser.jpg (378KB, 1024x695px) Image search: [Google]
Army Budweiser.jpg
378KB, 1024x695px
Army Recruiter sent my paperwork up to MEPS, wish me luck mates
>>
>>33335634

>Not trying to "Be All You Can Be"

Striving for the minimum is how you end up in trouble. If you slack on the second most important PFT requirement, you're gonna have a shit PFT score
>>
>>33335634
Eyesight doesn't DQ you from either of those unless you aren't 20/20 with glasses, and you wouldn't be able to go 11b in that case either
>>
>>33331237
Pls respond
>>
>>33335764
Really? My right eye's eyesight is correctable to 20/20 but my left eye is forever stuck at 20/50 at best.
>>
>>33335764
According to this I would be okay: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120520195449AAcOCdq
>>
>>33335821

As long as you're correctable to 20/20 and have no non-approved eye surgeries you're fine
>>
>>33329741

>03xx or 11b

11b every tiem. Marine Corps life is shit and if you eventually want to do high speedshit and go to MARSOC you will literally lose most of your contracts to Army or Navy SF.
>>
>>33335946
doesn't MARSOC have an abysmal record compared to the other SF teams?
>>
>>33334901
Sweet Jesus, thank god, and thank you!
>>
>>33336307

No, it's a good Western SF unit, but it's been so cucked by the Marines' lack of ability to really fund it in recent years that it's suffered from a lack of tradition and cadre that other units like Green Berets, SEALs, etc. have. We also have a lack of reputation too as it is one of the newest SF units.

I was in holdover with a dude from MARSOC (who joined up for 18x) who basically said that the Marines SF were being outdone by everybody else simply because the DoD liked them more because they worked with them so much before. So Green Berets would get contracts to go over and deploy easier, etc.
>>
File: HelicopterFlyby.jpg (441KB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
HelicopterFlyby.jpg
441KB, 1920x1242px
Realistically speaking, how bad are Reservist units in terms of discipline/competence/treatment by other units?

I'm about 2 years into Uni and kicking ass academically. More than one professor has told me that instead of getting a bachelor's I should shoot straight for a doctorate in mathematics. They've specifically mentioned that taking a break to go to work after getting a bachelor's is a big mistake because 99% of people will get too busy and never find the time to come back and complete it. I was planning to do a stint in the military after I get my bachelor's but getting a doctorate throws that whole timeline off. Either I enlist before I get it and risk not being able to come back (on top of having my math knowledge grow cold before I head back to do the real hard stuff) or I troop around in the military with an overqualified doctorate and my job skills grow cold while I do something almost certainly unrelated to my major.

The reserves seem like the perfect solution to my problems: I can serve my country while putting my all into my academics and finding a super great job where I can make the most of my degree.

But almost everywhere I look, people complain about how reserve units are run. People outside of them hate working with them because they are undisciplined fuckups you can't count on and people in them hate working in them because everyone around them is an undisciplined fuckup they can't count on. Opinions seem to range from "yeah, reserve units really do suck" to "Hey, reserve units don't suck COMPLETELY, there are a few good things too."

Is it really all that bad? I like the idea of serving my country but I'm not sure I want to go in if everyone is just going to treat me like a joke who can't do anything right.
>>
Future Airman here. I am signed up to go in for a 1N131, geospatial intelligence. I ship out May 30th, what can I expect? Is this a good choice?

Alternatively, my recruiter is going to let me take a DLAB test next week for a possible crypto linguist job. If I score well enough, should I take that one?
>>
>>33334515
Are you me? Except I have three years of ME and I'm sick of it.
>>
>>33334224
yeah this. it wast a decent job but for a year after High School I worked at a walmart until I enlisted. I think its a good idea to spend some time in the adult civilian world before you enlist, somedays the military sucks but it is miles better than being a wage slave and I appreciate what I have and what I've earned
>>
>>33337130

What do you want to do in the military? What so you expect to get out of it?
You could always go talk to an officer recruiter and see what kinda of jobs a math degree qualifies you for. I guarantee you theyve got something for you.
If you've got shit hot grades and in a math bs, you'd probably make a great candidate for air force aviation.
Fuck if you had a doctorate, then went in as a test pilot, you'd be on track to becoming an astronaut
>>
>>33337130
do it anon, and if your unit is full of the reserve shitbag stereotype then do above and beyond and you'll stand out to your chain of command
>>
I'm thinking of enlisting to help pay my fathers medical bills and to be one less mouth to feed at home. What can I do? I'm fairly fit, pushups and situps need improvement but I can do plenty, ive never had a pull up bar so ive got no idea on those. Running is fine. Currently in college but I need to make a decision soon because the next pay cycle for classes is coming up.
>>
>medical exam scheduled next week
>just got an email saying that it's been delayed 2 weeks
FUCK
>>
>>33337537
Depending on your planned degree, you can have the military pay for the rest of your college.
Talk to a recruiter, there's probably something you can work out

Just don't go infantry
>>
>>33337700
I'm getting ready to head out now and talk to one, my father left for the hospital er because a brain scan showed cancer spreading. I'm thinking airforce or navy, thoughts? Also an eagle scout if that makes a difference.
>>
>>33337757

Faggot, this is boots on the ground edition.
>>
Are there ANY upsides to joining the marines? Why does this general always paint the marines as the most miserable place on earth?
>>
What's Marine officer life like?
>>
>>33337757
Eagle scout looks great on your application.

They'll try to push army, but ultimately it's your choice.
>>
>>33337780
You can masturbate every night muttering "S-semper fi"
>>
>>33337780
>Marines: Personality
>Army: Pay
>AF: Quality of Life
>Navy: Port Towns
>CG: TDYs
Stop asking the same fucking questions every thread fuckheads
>>
>>33337780
ehh I have some marine friends and they seem to like their jobs. One is a engineer and the other a 4641 combat photographer, they both seem to have accepted being terminal lances though
>>
>>33337488
>What do you want to do in the military? What so you expect to get out of it?

I had kind of a frail constitution growing up and really disliked boy scouts/sports or anything else outdoorsy or rough. On top of that I had an obnoxious attitude towards god and patriotism/the military and never applied myself in school. After a shitload of years pissing away my life like that I realized my outlook was stupid and decided to get my shit together. Started going to church, working out, and taking school seriously.

My life is going great and I'm on the right track, but at least one enlistment term in the military is my goal because embracing that lifestyle would be a final sign I've grown out of my old ways and become all those things I should have been when I was young and stupid.

I also really love America and what she stands for and like the idea of being surrounded by driven people who feel the same. Too many lazy snowflake leftists in my Uni.

So basically, I don't care about standards of living or benefits so much as the experience of roughing it with a team and getting the chance to perform at my max.

[spoiler]I also have a limited range of MOSs I’m considering because I may or may not need to omit certain “misleading” aspects of my medical records from MEPS and don’t want to have to carry around a felony charge when searching for jobs if I get caught, which means no TS or above clearances and makes officer positions and anything where I would put my education to work risky. Being a test pilot or something sounds super cool but I’m sure they investigate a lot about your background for those things and I’d rather do something basic and get the chance to serve then try to do the uber-cool stuff and end up getting disbarred entirely.[/spoiler]

>>33337533
That sounds like a good philosophy. As long as there are chances to apply myself and excel maybe the reserves would work out just fine.
>>
File: 1465839504959.gif (2MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465839504959.gif
2MB, 267x200px
>>33337892
>/k/ has no spoilers

Why enable Ctrl + S then japmoot?
>>
>>33331237

Signals/Commo.

Get anything in that and then move into a good civilian field.
>>
>>33331910

Depends on MOS. If you go Airborne, you can rest assured you'll probably get 82nd, 173rd or Group. Most likely CONUS.
>>
>>33337130
Honestly in your situation the National Guard sounds leagues better.
>>
>>33333864

Not him, but I'm currently in and I have bros in

>Kuwait, running missions into Iraq and Afghanistan
>Qatar, supporting AVN
>Iraq, working with DIVARTY
>Afghanistan, painting targets

So, maybe get abreast of what's going on before you start talking out of your ass?
>>
File: le waiting skeleton meme.jpg (88KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
le waiting skeleton meme.jpg
88KB, 400x400px
Who else waiting on waiver approval here?
>>
>>33338336
What's that?
>>
File: IMG_7397.jpg (195KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7397.jpg
195KB, 1024x683px
I was thinking about joining the military

Then I realized I wasn't homeless and had a college degree
>>
File: 1367759318526.jpg (202KB, 634x750px) Image search: [Google]
1367759318526.jpg
202KB, 634x750px
What are some of the key differences between the Air Force and the Navy?
>>
>>33338378
the air force has less boats
>>
>>33338385
I've been told they share a lot of same MOSes, but the main differentiation is that Sailors spend more time at sea and travel more while Airmen spend more time on land.

Is there truth to this?
>>
>>33335536
how many people know about your anxiety depression and adhd? If you've never been formally diagnosed by a doctor, and only your parents know, you should be ok lying.
>>
>>33338286
Those are do nothing deployments.
>>
>>33337130

Realistically as much as they try to make it sound like it won't...reserve/guard life disrupts your civilian life to some extent.

If you're in college, you will likely miss 1-2 semesters for your initial military training. If you want to progress in your military career, you will need more courses later on that will pull you out of work or school. It's manageable, but it's not the "have your cake and eat it too" solution you make it out to be.

It all comes down to what you want out of it. In all likelihood, 90 % of your reserve time will be spent standing around or keeping up on mandatory training (mostly powerpoints). You're probably not going to feel like you're "serving your country" unless you're on a deployment/activation/mobilization, and that just brings it right back around to disrupting your civilian life.
>>
Do they go thru text msgs/whatsapp for TS clearance ? Stopped smoking weed 6 months ago and been getting in shape, only thing preventing me from contacting a recruiter is my drug history.
>>
>>33337892

>Anon says he wants to surround himself with quality people.

>Immediately demonstrates a total lack of integrity.

You're exactly the kind of shitbag people talk about avoiding. The good news is that you will find plenty of company in the reserves.

>the experience of roughing it with a team and getting the chance to perform at my max.

Just go do a Tough Mudder or a GoRuck. You will do more hardcore shit than most reservists, and you won't poison the armed forces with your idiocy.
>>
File: 3104354060_71b4796a6f_b.jpg (316KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3104354060_71b4796a6f_b.jpg
316KB, 682x1024px
Is it bad that I abhor the Navy enlisted dress blues?
>>
>>33338798
they look good with bell bottoms
and not on a fat fuck
>>
>>33338336
Me holy shit it's gay.
I just want to swear in and pick my job. I don't mind waiting in DEP but this waiver is breaking my fucking balls.
3 weeks waiting now
>>
What are some non-retarded reasons to join the Marines over another branch?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170317-133002.png (338KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170317-133002.png
338KB, 1440x2560px
I took your guy's advice to start doing HIIT (interval training) to increase my speed last week.

Check it out, I think it works!

>finally broke 10 min/mile

I wasn't even trying, just running at a comfortable "talking pace" speed.

Another thing that helped me was greatly increasing my cadence to 180 steps per minute, youtube that shit. Supposedly the golden number for distance runners.

I feel like I'm about to make some serious running gains in the next month. Wish me luck anons, I want to break 9 min/mile
>>
So I tried to join the Army about 3 years ago now, was 19 at the time.
Tried to get in as a helicopter mechanic, declined the MOS cause my eyes are shit, even though they are correctable to 20/20. Decided to just go as my second choice which was aircraft mechanic something or another, i honestly don't remember.. any way.. I ended up getting completely declined from swearing in due to
me having shit skin (moderate acne and what not on my shoulders) They said something about an issue of infection wish I get I guess. I want to try and get in again by this time next year, I've been working out and trying to fix my skin and what not. I'm wondering if there is any one here with similar issues or anything like that? I have the option of taking acutane, I just wonder if that will show up in my history next time I try and if they will take issue with it, its one hell of a strong antibiotic.

When I reenlist I will probably go 11b this time.
>>
File: stationary bike routine vo2max.jpg (50KB, 876x548px) Image search: [Google]
stationary bike routine vo2max.jpg
50KB, 876x548px
>>33338997
Here is the Interval Training routine I've taken upon doing at the gym before my lifting sessions. only takes 15 minutes on stationary bike. Really works up a sweat!
>>
>>33338931
If you don't already WANT to be a marine, then if you join them, you'll have a bad time.
Most that join the Marines have always wanted to be a marine.
It's just a thing most people don't get.
You either fall for the meme or dont.
I fell for it hard when I was a kid and even through maturing and learning about the other branches and learning the Marimes arent all the movies and video games make them out to be, the Marines still appeal to me.
Slightly higher standard of PT and range quals.
Heritage.
Idk they just seem cooler than the Army to me.
No jobs in other branches interest me.
So the Marines are it for me.
>>
>>33337789
Ok so I just got back from talking with an army recruiter.

I'm fit and smart enough to continue, the recruiter seemed like he was full of shit the whole time. I got a 67 on the practice asvab, he said thats above normal but I still feel like he was bullshitting me. I meet him this coming Monday to see what else I need to do. I told him why I'm joining and he said that I would get a 40k sign on bonus that I get out of boot camp. And also the fact that I'm an eagle scout would get me E2 out of basic as well which will get me more money.
Will I get to change my MOS after 2 years?
I felt butterflies the whole time, is that normal? I know I want to sign up but I'm signing my life away for a few years.
Whats your thoughts?
>>
File: 1400092553475.jpg (103KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
1400092553475.jpg
103KB, 400x417px
>>33339070
See, that's the thing. Marines just click more for me more than the Army. Physically and mentally I'm capable -- and I'm a strong guy and have a tremendous willpower. I just want to make sure that I'm joining for the right reasons.
>>
>>33339141

>I got a 67 on the practice asvab, he said thats above normal

It's not a great score, but the AFQT is a percentile. 67 means you scored better than 67% of test takers. People also usually do a little better on the real ASVAB. You will probably have all but the really high-req jobs available.

> I told him why I'm joining and he said that I would get a 40k sign on bonus that I get out of boot camp. And also the fact that I'm an eagle scout would get me E2 out of basic as well which will get me more money.

These are both true to an extent. Bonuses are flying like crazy right now because the Army is in a recruiting surge. 40k is possible, but it depends on the job, make sure you get it on paper. Going in as an E-2 is a good little bump, but keep in mind that promotion is automatic after 6 months as an E-1 anyways, so it's not a huge leg up.

>Will I get to change my MOS after 2 years?

Reclassing is technically possible, but it's not as easy as the recruiter will make it seem. It depends on the job you're in and the one you're trying to move to. Most people who join the military with the intent to change jobs later never get the chance to do it. Definitely not a sure thing.

>I felt butterflies the whole time, is that normal? I know I want to sign up but I'm signing my life away for a few years.

After initial training, you have 90 % of the same freedom as anyone else. Hell, I had more time off in the Army than I did at my shit job before I joined.
>>
>>33339070
Not the guy you're responding to but, pretty much yea... If you're expecting an in-your-face type of military then go Marines

Makes everybody else look like fluffy bunnies by comparison.
>>
>>33339070
Same fag as:
>>33339172

What MOS were you in the Marines? And how diverse of a branch is it if I don't intend on going Infantry?

Also what was your favorite flavor of crayon?
>>
>>33338707

Says literally everyone from service past.

Your war was nothing to Vietnam vets. Their war? Nothing to Koreans.

My buddy lost his leg running missions into Iraq from Kuwait. Tell him he did nothing.
>>
Anyone have experience with 68W Option 4?

Trying to move from EMS w/ an AS degree to military life while waiting for some fire departments to begin hiring again, meaning just take a 4 year contract and come out with muhbenefits.
However, if I could make it into Ranger school and maybe get picked up for Ranger Medic, I'd choose that over fire fighting.
Anyone with some insight?
>>
>>33339185
Thanks man, he said I'd get 65 days paid leave each year. I feel like shit for saying this, but its for the money that I'd be able to send home.
>>
Redpill me on 19D /meg/
>>
>>33339475
bumping for the same info
>>
>>33339381

You get 30 days paid leave a year, plus usually a good bunch of holidays. No idea what he was trying to pull by saying 65 unless he was counting weekends as "paid leave".

Nothing wrong with joining the military to make some dough, it's a better paying job than most people in the US have.
>>
>>33339741
Thanks man.
>>
>>33327700
Everyone I've talked too really doesn't seem to give a shit.
They still openly use fag and gay as an insult, but actually don't care about your orientation as long as you can pull your weight.
>>
>>33337700
Why not infantry?
>>
>>33335140
>5x5 to train for military
Bad fucking idea dude.
>>
>>33334523
Nope.
Literally it's the fact you can drink the Kool-aid and yell OORAH every five minutes. Also civies will thank you like twice the amount they thank other branches.
Other than its the worst branch. Shipping to San Diego in October by the way.
>>
>>33338997
>>33339011

That's pretty damn good anon! Congrats
>>
What's the best branch and MOS/rate for traveling?
>>
File: 1482794445600.png (853KB, 1161x684px) Image search: [Google]
1482794445600.png
853KB, 1161x684px
>>33341275
bumping out of curiosity.

Although im sure the answer is navy, i would like to here what is said about the other branches.

pic unrelated
>>
File: 2v1uhaay0n9y[1].png (409KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
2v1uhaay0n9y[1].png
409KB, 1144x888px
I want to be an officer in the military. Problem is, I'm stuck between several branches.

What are some of the pros and cons of the Air Force, Navy, and Marines?

Not him but I have the same question.
Unlike him, I know what I want to do (cyber) and I want to know what branch gives me the best option for getting in.

From what I understand you don't actually get to pick where you end up, they just throw you where they need you. I have a background in IT so i'm worried if I went army I would get thrown into Signal Corps or even worse something completely unrelated to my skill set like Ordinance.
>>
>>33331237
>ASVAB score percentile was 70

Are you retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 457x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 457x647px
How did I do?
[spoiler]Am I fucking retarded?[/spoiler]
>>
>>33341879
what website is that?

how long does it take?
>>
File: Fury.png (380KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
Fury.png
380KB, 540x396px
Looking to enlist in the US Army, gents
call me a faggot, but I want to either be a tank crewmember, infantry, or cav scout
which one is best?
>>
>>33341998
infantry if you wanna walk everywhere
armor if you wanna ride everywhere
cav scout if you can't decide which
>>
>>33341955
http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab

Took me about an hour, there are two others but i think they're just a different set of questions considering the one I did covered all the fields.
>>
>>33340755
Why's that?
>>
File: aq0AwGH-660x466.jpg (79KB, 660x466px) Image search: [Google]
aq0AwGH-660x466.jpg
79KB, 660x466px
>>33341998
>>
>>33342191
that's pretty sexy. Wrong turret is bugging me though
>>
>>33341998
Infantry if you really like making bang bang noises and doing gay stuff.
Armor if you are really fat and like doing gay stuff.
Cav scout if you REALLY like doing gay stuff.
>>
I'm still not sure what in actuality that Cav Scouts do
I mean I've heard all the jokes how they're "basically infantry", but what ARE they?
>>
>>33342337
Theyre infantry in bradleys.
>>
>>33341744

If you would be unhappy being anywhere but cyber, active duty as an officer is pretty much a non-option for you. Seek civilian employment or see if you can get a guard/reserve direct commission.
>>
Has anyone used enlistment to discharge student debt? Do you regret it?
>>
Has anyone in /k/ gone JAG, particularly JAG reserve? I'm working as an attorney in the private sector now, but I'm already in my late 20's and would like to serve.

I know it'll affect my private sector life to an extent, possibly costing some advancement, but I'm ok with that. My questions are more along the lines of:
> What is JAG like
> What is JAG reserve like
> What is it like joining the army at 28 or 29 instead of 18-20
> Do JAG reservists ever set foot in a courtroom, or is that all JAG-fulltime?
>>
>>33342085
thanks for sharing.
>>
>>33342337
how i understand it is, due to are current enemy(camel jockeys with out uniforms) they are pretty much armored infantry with a few more on the job responsibilities. They are suppose to observe and report enemy activity and from time to time engage targets. Just watch one of the many videos or go to the army website. they explain it alot better.
>>
Get trained, get skilled. Don't fight for Zog.
>>
>>33333333
>>
>>33342880
how long are you going to shill this shit.
>>
So turns out I'm a Jody. Am I the bad guy here, or is it the guy's wife? She said they were "separated".
>>
>>33342939
as long as you stopped when you found out, you are A-OK. She is in the wrong on this one.
>>
File: 1408748114877.jpg (109KB, 480x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1408748114877.jpg
109KB, 480x1084px
Joining the Marine Corps reserves.

What should I know?
>>
>>33335536
>What's the chance I get DQ'd by a history of depression, anxiety, and adhd.

If you just had the issues "off the books" and never saw anyone about it, then it never happened. If no doctors were there to diagnose you or give you medicine then functionally it's the same as just "having a rough time" at some point in the past, no one is interested and if you're not stupid you can be entirely honest without telling them more than they need to know.

If you have ever been hospitalized, prescribed medicine, or been involved in outpatient care for longer than 6 months for those issues then you are already disqualified, there is no bullshitting around it. There are predetermined criteria for who is and is not qualified.

Waivers are always an option, though once you put in for one it is "out in the open" and you can't lie later (or rather it's an even stupider idea then just lying from the get go). There are things you can do to seem more appealing for a waiver. You can read more here:

https://www.thebalance.com/medical-waivers-3354037
>>
>>33341275
bump
>>
>>33342119

because lad, you will be smoked when you get there

smoking entails lots and lots and lots of breathing and low bodyfat, as a matter of fact, the less of you there is, the better off you're gonna be

military wants you skinny as fuck and able to breathe

dont worry about lifting weights for the time being
>>
File: 1489205371652.png (19KB, 528x530px) Image search: [Google]
1489205371652.png
19KB, 528x530px
>be in uni, undergrad
>majoring in poli.sci and geography
>definitely taking masters in geospatial science/geography if i can get assistantship aka free tuition but a pet to the professors
>plan to apply for the 3 letter government spookerinos but realize that the chances of getting in are really low and might have clearance issues because none in my whole family (immediate/extended) have US citizenship, nearly impossible to pass a TS/SCI w/Poly with this
>kinda losing hope in working for the agencies because of the issue above

>looking into the military for some officer position but don't know which one would fit the most while not really requiring high-level clearance
>currently looking into army as ADA officer, pilot in all branches

>might just work for local/state law enforcement for 5 years with a masters and go yolo and work as a protective security jobs overseas (thinking about Academi)
>mfw
>>
>>33343390
thats actually quality info
so
>less joe rogan
>more conor mcgregor.
>>
File: 1385513889130.png (63KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
1385513889130.png
63KB, 499x314px
>>33343268
What if you just tell them that you didn't take any medication?

I was cleared off of mine and have been for the past few years, but have taken it until recently. Would they find out about that?
>>
File: 1398372082932.png (29KB, 320x271px) Image search: [Google]
1398372082932.png
29KB, 320x271px
>>33343536
To reiterate:

>went to psychiatrist in Sophomore year of High school
>prescribed me 20 mg of prozac
>took it for a few months
>got better, a complete 180 in performance
>told me I don't need the medication
>I stayed on it just in case
>stop in once a year to renew my prescription

What should I do? I've been cleared of it years ago.
>>
File: 1488419098896.jpg (23KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1488419098896.jpg
23KB, 352x395px
>>33343435

>using joe rogan and conor mcgregor for body type examples
>>
File: 1489009995897.jpg (106KB, 574x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489009995897.jpg
106KB, 574x500px
>>33342591
>If you would be unhappy being anywhere but cyber
I was being over dramatic for (you's). I would actually be fine with anything besides being in a sub (so navys out). I would just prefer to do something in tech, and wondering what branch needs that the most.
>>
>>33343536
>>33343643
If you have a doctor's prescription, there is physical evidence they can uncover later on. It's not like if you smoked weed once and no one they would reasonably think to ask knows. TS and above they get real anal with the clearance process and if they are doing their job they will uncover those records.

Like many other things about the military, there is no rhyme or reason to this shit. There are people who lie about huge stuff and get passed through TS clearance and people who bullshit about minor things and get put through the whole nine yards. Lying is a huge gamble. Think very carefully about what you want to do. If you really, really need to do military shit and you get turned down for waivers for all branches you could always try to join one of those Kurdish resistance groups who will take any warm body they can get. If you're set on a TS-required job it won't be like that though, you'll get issued a gun and get told to shoot people.
>>
File: 1475954571560.jpg (19KB, 501x485px) Image search: [Google]
1475954571560.jpg
19KB, 501x485px
>>33343665
well everyone knows what they look like and joe is only an inch shorter than conor. The point being that they are two different sides of the spectrum when its comes to being physically fit.

do you have a problem because of they're involvement in the mma and you cant help to spew spaghetti every where you go?

now i will give that they are two extreme examples buts thats the point. like a 1-10 scale.
>>
>>33343713
If by 'TS' you mean 'Top-secret' then no, I had no intention of intelligence or anything.

Would it be possible to get some evidence from my doctor that says "This guy is okay, we've cleared him, he is not a threat to himself or anyone" ?
>>
>>33326000
I know this is ENLISTMENT general but,
Any officers on?

Took the asvab today and made in the 99th percentile. Going for Army OCS, my GT score was 138.

Anyone have experience with getting a commission? So far I have recommendation letters from an O6, O4, and a CW4, all retired army. Trying to get one from a general but that's tricky.

Any advice at all on the process? My GPA was 3.49 and my bachelor's is in Biology.

Pretty sure I'm going to max my PT but I'm just looking for anything to give me an edge.
>>
>>33343643
Go join the French Foreign Legion or the Peshmerga instead.
>>
>>33343967
Seriously, this is something I really want to do.
>>
>>33343847
Maybe, but at best it would help with the waiver process, which is long, complicated, and mostly in the hands of way too many people, most of whom you will never meet. As far as I know there is no way to take an exacting medical disqualifications and say "yeah, doesn't apply to this guy." There are people who are disqualified based on asthma problems they haven't had in decades, and mental shit in particular is subject to aggravation due to the nature of the military. Don't forget, there are a bunch of civilians who work for the DoD (most of whom have TS/SAP/SCI or other ungodly shit) and medical history is not remotely disqualifying for them as long as they are professionally competent in their field.

You may be 100% mentally there and just not look good on paper, but paper is all most of these doctors will look at. If you don't need TS then lying might be a feasible option, but it's still a risk. They do random screenings that are more intensive on recruits and you just may be that unlucky mother fucker who gets a little extra scrutiny. There are no clear best choices, weigh your options, pray about it, and decide. No matter if you choose waiver or trying to bullshit your way through, regretting something you did will hurt a lot less than regretting something you didn't do years from now.
>>
File: 1463328159618.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463328159618.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>33343090
That everybody is going to think you're a fucking pussy in boot camp.
>>
>>33344077
What if I tell them that the doctors prescribed them to me in the event of a relapse, but that it never came? Would that work at all or would they smell bullshit if I kept getting the prescriptions?
>>
>>33343090
ur life is going to be better after mos school
>>
>>33344149
Speaking bluntly, they would likely see it as a poorly thought out attempt at bullshitting them. And honestly, it doesn't even make much sense to me. If you weren't taking it why keep going back and getting new prescriptions? Just fill it once and keep it on hand if you need it. Going back and filling up your paper trail with prescriptions you never used almost seems like intentional sabotage of your medical records.

Tell them the truth if they ask for it but don't expect that it will make a waiver unnecessary.
>>
>>33344221
Will do. I've been trying to think up non-disqualifying reasons why I would use it (Fluoxetine) but I honestly don't know of any. I might just need to bite the bullet and pray they have mercy on me. Thanks man.
>>
>>33344300
No problem and best of luck. Hope you make it.
>>
>>33343967
I want to join the French Foreign Legion but I'm from SEA. How do I do this?
>>
>thinking about being a UH-60 repairer
>contract has like $20000 but it's
>6 years

should i go for it?
>>
>>33344695
$20000 bonus*

fug im tired
>>
File: No.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
2MB, 286x210px
>>33344695
>>33344699
>aircraft maint
>>
File: 1396992994899.jpg (23KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
1396992994899.jpg
23KB, 635x475px
How likely am I to land an Officer job in a cushier branch like the Navy or the Air Force with a degree in Digital Media?
>>
so when does ww3 start? i'm not getting back in unless they really, really need me
>>
>>33344695
I agree with him>>33344847
only because i go to school with a guy who was in force aircraft maint.

from what i gathered
>everyones an asshole
>you will ruin your body(doctor thinks he has 6 years left to walk)
>spends his life on pain killers
>everyones a dick and no ones know what theyre doing.(he regurarly said "too many chiefs, not enough indians).

without going to much into the shit he used to tell me, he said he liked the work but hated the job.
between wrecking his body and how shitty the overall experience. He did say he liked work on planes though.

BTW, the thing that got him discharged was falling off a b-52 to the ground but he had a list of injuries from shit before and so did everyone he worked with.
>>
>>33341879
idk anon, you probably just need to work on it. I scored a 90 on the arethmetic(although i admittedly cheated and looked up what the fuck a "gross" was. I scored a 70 on gen science.

im going to stop for tonight and pick up tomorrow.
>>
>>33345101
You aren't.
>>
>>33345242
Awesome. Good thing I'm enlisting in the Corps then.
>>
>>33345279
Just enlist without your credentials (that will boost you to e-3)

thank me later
>>
>>33345353
With an Associates yeah?
>>
>>33344468
Plz respond someone
>>
>>33326000
I kinda want to join the Coast Guard. How are their marksmanship programs? What are the chances I'm gonna be putzing around on an ice breaker?
>>
In high school I tried to an hero with pills and had to stay in a mental hospital for a week. I was on anti-depressents for a while but since have gotten of them.

Will a recruiter be able to find this information and is it disqualifying?
>>
File: datarmourtho.jpg (146KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
datarmourtho.jpg
146KB, 800x581px
Stumbled on this pic.

Figured I'd ask in here since there's probably a good chunk of US milfags passing by.

What's with the armour?
>>
>>33346460

It's just a decoration, although it probably has some significance to that cav element in particular. This is some kind of ceremony and is probably being done at some place around HQ reserved for ceremonies. If a unit has been around a while and has some history there's usually quite a few plaques, flags, statues, etc.
>>
>>33326608
If you're coming in from stage acting, then yes, and you'll aggressively have to assert your heterosexuality by thrusting your penis into the willing asshole of your fellow recruits while steadfastly not enjoying it. It's to prove a point, dammit!
>>
>>33326000
alright who from fox is posting here
>>
>>33346482
IIRC, it came up in a search on 1st Cavalry Division and Airmobile.

>If a unit has been around a while and has some history there's usually quite a few plaques, flags, statues, etc.

This is what I was curious about, what the story of the thing is. It looks kinda home made, so can't help imagine a couple of officers one day had a conversion sounding something like:
>We need armor!
>We already tried that with the Sheridan...
>Not like that, like a knight's armor, all the European cavalry probably still have armors.
>Uhh...
>I'mma call the machine shop, show those marine fags what knights turn into.
>lol ok
>>
>>33330548
God damn the getting reported by your fellow faggots is so true. Airmen can't wait to report their wingmen. I swear they get off to it.
>>
>>33346553

The mounted cav likes to fancy themselves the spiritual successor to mounted cavalry, and ultimately mounted knights. Knight imagery is pretty common in the cav as a whole, but if I had to guess there's probably a good chance that this photo is of 1-5 Cav.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Cavalry_Regiment

They're in 1st Cav's 2nd BCT under modern organization, but their mascot is the black knight.
>>
>>33345155
I spent two enlistments in aircraft maintenance. It blows. The people sucked balls and now I'm broken. I can't stand for more than 30 minutes without it fucking up my back.
>>
What's the ETA on the next major conflict? We usually go 8-10 years between wars right?
>>
File: 2438388.jpg (980KB, 2541x3000px) Image search: [Google]
2438388.jpg
980KB, 2541x3000px
>>33326000
Should I wait it out for another 9/11 or just join already?
>>
>>33347120
Fun fact: The USA has never gone a decade without being in a war.

Out of the 241 years of the USA's existence, we have been in at least one war for 225 years.

The longest span of time the USA hasn't been in a war is 5 years from 1935 to 1940.

Don't fall for the "USA will not be in a war anytime soon" meme.
>>
Whats your opinions on 13b? I wouldnt mind shooting shit with a really big canon, but I feel theres something about it that I cant find online.
>>
>>33347184
We talking WW3 or? Because I'm enlisting next semester and goddamn I want to be a WW3 vet.
>>
>>33345353
Not him but why?
>>
>>33347219
Most likely not. Just hope for war with Iran, Turkey (lol) or Pakistan.

Or some random shit hole that's plagued by terrorists.
>>
>>33347184

The US is involved in several minor conflicts right now. For most of that span, the current status quo in 2017 is what would have qualified as being "at war".

When people ask about the next war, they mean something more significant than the current deployments. Nobody knows when that will be.
>>
File: 070419-F-FT240-224.jpg (194KB, 1600x924px) Image search: [Google]
070419-F-FT240-224.jpg
194KB, 1600x924px
>>33326000
Quick Question.

For background, I'm in the ROTC program at a Senior Military College; so Armyish stuff around campus isn't considered odd.

I'm kinda shit at rucking, but would like to get better through practice.

Is it weird to practice rucking in PT gear?
Like, if you were on post at say like, Fort Hood, would you call a guy going down the road in PTs, boots, and a ruck a weirdo?

I didn't think anything of it but someone on a different website made an offhand comment about "weirdos that ruck in PT gear" one time and I was worried about coming off as a fuck.
>>
>>33347260
why cant we just go fight drug cartels or communist in south america.
>>
>>33347651
I'm pretty sure W Bush wanted to send the muhreens into Mexico to help combat the cartel but the Mexican government refused.
>>
>>33347605

>Like, if you were on post at say like, Fort Hood, would you call a guy going down the road in PTs, boots, and a ruck a weirdo?

Considering I saw dudes doing that at Fort Hood pretty frequently, no, it's not weird.

Don't wear your running shoes unless you want to obliterate them though, rucking is rough on shoes.
>>
File: Knight.jpg (229KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
Knight.jpg
229KB, 800x581px
>>33346460
>>
>>33348007
>Corporal Edsmuth of Canterbury the 4th, son of John of Canterbury the 3rd, you have served our beloved Army proud
>>
>>33341822
Not everyone can be a jaded high speed internet genius operator like the 4skins on 4chin bud

>If you ain't getting a 99 like I did (I'm really smart btw) you're fucking retarded

Fuck off, I bet most clowns walking into the recruiters office average a 40-50
>>
File: asvabscore first try..png (89KB, 1004x1056px) Image search: [Google]
asvabscore first try..png
89KB, 1004x1056px
hey everyone so i took the practice test, i have a few questions in the pic.

and can any of you guys tell me anything else?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME INPUT WITH THIS.
>>
>>33338798
Which is why only the enlisted wear those cuck uniforms.
>>
>>33333705
1371s are everywhere. When 1/4 set up in Syria recently, 1371s were there with the arty d00ds. If you go 1371 and get division as your first duty station you WILL deploy with that unit at least once with that unit
>>
>>33339707
Are Cav 19D?
>>
>>33349877
im just interested
>>
>>33326000
I want to fly but I'm not interested in college.
Which branch has the best enlisted aircrew?
I know that for the army you need to spend time in as a mechanic, even then you aren't guaranteed a position. I know the navy has a bunch of aircrew shit.

Anyone else got some info? I can't find too much about USAF or USCG aircrew
>>
Any tips for Muhreen Corps boot camp?
>>
Did everyone have to fill out a sheet of paper with all their credentials when they visited a recruiter, he had me sign one but ive got things to take care of, so please tell me I didnt just fucking enlist. He said everyone signs it but I know recruiters are full of shit. It had all of my personal info like social, full name, dob, height and weight, graduation ect. I asked him what it was and he said it s normal.
>>
>>33351310
First of all, if you didn't read everything entirely three times before you sign it, you're retarded.
Secondly don't worry. You only enlist at MEPS where they have you swear in after the physcial. You probably just signed off on going to take the ASVAB or a general police background check or something.
>>
>>33351310
are you retarded and incapable of doing any basic research for yourself?
>>
>>33351374
There wasnt anything to read on it, it was just shit to fill out. And thanks man.
>>
>>33351390
Okay that's fair.
I've just met too many people who sign shit without even glancing at the words. And suddenly they wonder why the hell they're stuck cooking food in a mess hall. I can't stress how important it is to read everything a recruiter tell you to sign three times entirely. They are the most underhand bastard you'll ever meet.
>>
File: LHZPt.jpg (199KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
LHZPt.jpg
199KB, 990x660px
If I do 19D do I have to be gay or will they teach me?

Also how do I get in an airborne cav unit like apocalypse now
>>
>>33352256
the answer to all your questions is to suck dick.

im just joking, i have no clue but i thought that kind of fit.
>>
File: CG 54.jpg (464KB, 1596x1197px) Image search: [Google]
CG 54.jpg
464KB, 1596x1197px
Can a former army officer do a direct commission into the Coast Guard? How would that work and what kind of jobs would be open to them?
>>
>>33349877

19D is Cav Scouts
>>
>>33346519
Straight man has to do what a straight man has to do
>>
>>33352256
>>33349522
>>33348007
>>33346460
>>33339707
>>33339475
bumping for some answers
>>
File: 1366398603282.png (9KB, 407x395px) Image search: [Google]
1366398603282.png
9KB, 407x395px
How many push-ups should I be trying to shoot for, just in case I get smoked?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.