[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CADPAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7243.jpg (157KB, 410x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7243.jpg
157KB, 410x317px
Does CADPAT work ?
>>
>>33323572
I mean, it makes the Canadians more visible and lets you know who not to talk to or sit with in the mess hall. So, yes.
>>
>>33323572
It was tested by the Canadians to work wery well in the enviroment it was designed for. It has been used as the template for several following patterns developed by the US.

So I guess "yes" is the answer.
>>
>>33323572

That's basically what Canadian forests look like. It stands out when not in boreal forests, but in boreal forests its great, and that's what it was made for.

Good for fighting Russians in Canada or in Russia/North Europe.
>>
>>33324792
>fighting Russians in Canada
Russia can't force project into Canada m8
They can't get there without going through Alaska and they won't take it.
It'd be Americans if anyone.
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 228x180px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 228x180px
>>33323644
>>
>>33323644
You seem like the type to avoid leafs when eating.
>>
>>33326389
If I wanted to eat with leaves I would have a salad.
>>
>>33323572
Pretty good actually. I'd like to try some here on the Gulf Coast / Louisiana. Looks like the green would work pretty good.
>>
>>33326444
shit forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghbJWInYZY
>>
I don't know if it does but is an ass-ugly camo pttern
>>
>>33326534
MARPAT looks better, and works better in the southern stretch of Canada even.. but once you touch the pine & spruce trees, CADPAT all the way.

The winter & desert versions work well too.
>>
>>33326444
from lake charles here son , you a fellow bootfaggot?
>>
File: fractal.gif (771KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
fractal.gif
771KB, 300x260px
One thing that's very good about CADPAT, and other patterns based on it, is that it is a fractal pattern. That is, the pattern repeats at different scales.

One aspect of camo, is that there are optimal distances for which it works at. Large patterns work better at larger distances, while smaller patterns work at shorter distances. The thing about fractal patterns, is that they both have small and larger patterns at the same time. Rather than the optimal distance being, say 100m (and progressively shit the further away from 100m you get), a fractal pattern could have multiple different optimal distances, say 50m, 100m, 200m, etc.

The reason why it is digital, is because the pattern is created by a computer, IOT make it a fractal pattern. The squared edges don't matter, because at the distance that you can make out the squared edges, you're already going to be able to see the person/object itself.. so it really wouldn't even help to round out the edges, even if it didn't take any extra effort or resources to do so.

Some more info on fractals if you're interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal

>>33326230

Don't prepare to fight the war of yesterday/today, prepare for the unknown war in the future.

Also, US isn't going to invade Canada, Canada is basically just a US state with the kind of state rights that some states want. More likely we're going to use this camo against an alium invasion rather than against the US.
>>
>>33326845
Probably more than half of camouflage patterns have micro- and macropatterning already, it's not something unique to FUCKING LEAFPAT.
>>
>>33326941
But LEAFPAT was the first to use it, at least the "digital" type, wasn't it?
>>
>>33326389
>only when eating
I typically avoid them in general. Last thing I want is them to show me a picture of their dog wife or interior crocodile alligator trans offspring.
>>
>>33326978
Digital maybe, but even flecktarn has micro/macro patterning. And fleck is based on WW2 patterns.
>>
As a leaf who wears it daily, it's effective as a pattern. The kit it's printed on, not so much.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.