[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smuggling Guns By Casting Parts Inside a Lead Brick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 35

File: lead-brick-1-431x400.jpg (28KB, 431x400px) Image search: [Google]
lead-brick-1-431x400.jpg
28KB, 431x400px
Would it be possible to take a gun apart, fit the pieces in a mold, and cast them inside a lead block to smuggle them somewhere? Once they have reached the destination, it wouldn't be too hard to melt the lead and retrieve the pieces, right? What other metals would this work with? Also, if you did this with ammunition, would it cook off? What other means are there to smuggle guns?
>>
Definitely Possible. Steel should be fine but aluminum might get fucked.
>>
>>33323109
Speaking in a purely hypothetical context, of course.
>>
>>33323129
Ammunition. But aluminum too.
>>
>>33323109
That's not a terrible idea.

I doubt you'd be able to do any of the smaller parts, but for stuff like the barrel I can see it working.
>>
>>33323141
Why not the smaller parts?
>>
>>33323109
xray would still see the parts within
>>
>>33323109

"sir why do you have highly suspicious lead bricks? Step outside of your vehicle."
>>
>>33323109
>Not vacuum sealing guns and transporting them in RV septic tanks.
You are like a baby.
>>
>>33323158
>just importing these lead bricks for my micro-foundry, sir
>>
>>33323167
I'm talking about international trade.
>>33323155
Wouldn't the lead block the x-rays?
>>
>>33323109
Steel pieces will float to the top of the molten lead, so it might be kind of tricky
>>
File: speechless.png (128KB, 576x565px) Image search: [Google]
speechless.png
128KB, 576x565px
>>33323155
special kind of stupid, huh?
>>
File: 1484804994718.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484804994718.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>33323167
>You are like a baby.
>>
>>33323152
probably get lost
>>
>>33323174
What kind of transportation are we talking about?
>boat?
>Air?
>>
>>33323174
>Wouldn't the lead block the x-rays?

They will probably identify an anomaly in the cargo weight vs. volume.
>>
>>33323188
You could pour the lead through a grate, right?
>>
That's the most idiotic and creative plan I've seen in a while.

I think the heat would fuck the temper, though.

The TSA sure as fuck isn't letting you on the plane with an 80 pound brick of lead, though.

If it's for crossing borders, the best way is: be white, polite, travel on a Friday, have your papers in order, and have a crying baby in the back seat.

*ATF pls note I'm Canadian, not white, and too afraid of the law to do anything stupid
>>
>>33323189
Well, what I was thinking was how someone could supply an underground armed group in a nation with strict gun laws. Since it would need a massive amount of lead to conceal a quantifiable number of guns, I figure the cover would be some small industrial concern, and you'd ship by boat for cost effectiveness.
>>
>>33323200
>heat would fuck the temper
Perhaps tin would work better? Tin can be melted on a stove top.
>>
>>33323158
AM I BEING DETAINED? I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA, SHOW ME WHERE IN THE LAW IT SAYS I CANT DRIVE AROUND WITH 500LBS OF LEAD IN THE BED OF MY TRUCK
>>
>>33323206
Private boat to travel to destination.
Have friendly party meet you offshore, deliver cargo there.
>>
>>33323195
That could easily be explained away by stuff like bubbles in the cast.

And if its that much of a problem, you could drill and cover holes for the proper weight.
>>
>>33323206
a shipping crate full of lead would most definatly be over the max weight of the container it would be able to handle.

not to mention it would immedately be flagged when somebody looks at the manifest and sees its just full of lead bricks
>>
>>33323141
You put the guns inside a steel box, and that goes inside the brick.

Casting anything you want to transport without being able to access it quickly after cracking open the brick is just stupid.

In any case it's a shit ton of effort for not much payoff, considering giant lead blocks aren't something people just carry around.
>>
What if we sneak them in with textiles? We can call it Operation Gunderwear.
>>
File: 1456408383355.jpg (67KB, 469x470px) Image search: [Google]
1456408383355.jpg
67KB, 469x470px
>>33323109
>Customs sees lead bricks which is unusual since lead is usually far less expensive to refine and recycle in the country rather than import from elsewhere and pay for the oil to transport it
>It's also X-ray opaque and a common shielding material to smuggle radioactive material so they take extra precautions.
>they do a hardness test to get a rough assay on lead composition
>calculate expected weight based on density of the alloy
>notice a considerable discrepancy between calculated weight and measured weight which means non-alloy material in a void inside the ingot
>If it's lighter then there's contraband hidden inside
>if it's heavier then there's uranium or plutonium
>their faces when it's any of those

Welcome to secondary inspection. This will not be pleasant. This will not be over quickly. They are not your friends.
>>
>>33323229
Bullshit.

>>33323237
It would have to be for incredibly valuable things or parts.

I doubt it would ever be worth it, but OP was only asking if it could work.
>>
>>33323229
So how do they ship lead for non-nefarious purposes?
>>
>>33323206
You could only hide the hard to manufacture parts and make the easy part in a shack in the jungle.
>>
>>33323249
I dont agree with that other anon, but you usually get lead as scrap.
>>
>>33323246
fug, they actually do this?
>>
>>33323109
The easy way is to disassemble the weapon, put it into a box with disassembled automatic transmission, declare it as MISC ENGINE PARTS.
>>
What about wax? A bit of dye to make it opaque, large bulk blocks, start your own scented candle company.
>>
>>33323225
Woah, another stupid post
>>
>>33323261
There are some parts that are obviously for a gun.
>>
>>33323264
Very bad idea. Much too easy to cut into and get at.

Not to mention, no one buys wax from out of the country.

>>33323270
Fucking fantastic response. Really proud of you anon.
>>
>>33323264
I assume the point is to make it impermeable to x ray scans, which wax doesn't do.

Otherwise why not just put parts in bibles.
>>
>>33323254
Why bother with scrap lead now that you can buy from suppliers online and get nearly the same price without all the trashiness of sifting through literal garbage? "Just go find some wheel weights" is advice that fuds give because they don't know how to use the Internet and it gets parroted everywhere.
>>
>>33323255

yeah, doing something this fucking stupid is a one-way trip to gitmo
>>
>>33323255
Most countries have an extremely strong interest in stopping dangerous contraband, especially radioactive material, from entering their ports.

That kind of notebook math is common in cases where there's something obviously blocking X-rays and the radiation detector.

>>33323261
This Anon knows what's up. A bunch of metal parts and springs underneath a huge pile of metal gears and springs is how you hide something dense in x-rays.
>>
>>33323276
Eh, depends on where you live anon.

It's pretty fuckin easy to drive to the local scrap yard and pick some lead up.
>>
>>33323264
X-ray would see exactly what is inside. Lead would have a better chance of hiding the parts.
>>
>>33323214
Doesn't block x-rays
>>
actually thought of a pretty good way to get a few svd receivers stateside as art exhibition pieces, but I don't know anyone euro-side with a few svds laying around :(
>>
>>33323276
Not that anon, but you both might have different definitions of "scrap"

Recyclers and lead foundries in most countries process random garbage lead extracted from sources like electronic waste or depleted lead-acid batteries. They don't buy cast lead from China, that's a horrendous waste of money.
>>
>>33323300
>buying metal from china

I am reminded of chinese steel liaison anon.

Anybody have the screenshots?
>>
>>33323271
Yeah, the frame should be zip-tied to some shit that obfuscates it's silhouette. No other part of a disassembled firearm looks like a gun on x-ray.

In the old days people just shipped them in VCRs, but nobody ships those anymore.
>>
>>33323109
I still think using the part in a mechanical object is the way to go.

AR barrel tied into your car as a piece of tubing? Too difficult to identify.

Now the intricately machined receivers would be harder to obfuscate.
>>
>>33323255
Border control is not retarded and they've seen all sorts of shit people try to sneak drugs in with, personally depending on the country I wouldn't bother with the legit route at all, just cross the border somewhere where it's uncontrolled and hope you don't get caught by a patrol/radar
>>
You know, if I worked in custom inspection, someone carrying a few metal bars for no particular reason would make me very curious.

>>33323200
>I think the heat would fuck the temper, though.

Wouldn't most parts of a gun (excluding the springs) be unhardened? Except for things with sharp edges most steel around is not hardened.

Not that this will save our parts. Grain growth will embrittle them. If we're unlucky we'll get a spheroidisation of the cementite in the steel, weakening it. We'll probably have a diffusion of our molten metal into the surface of the parts, most likely fucking up the properties. And as we fish the parts out of the molten lead again in the end, the molten lead probably won't run off like water form a goose, meaning there's a lot of careful grinding and polishing to get the parts into the right shape again. It'll be the unholy mother of all lead residue buildups in the rifling.

>>33323214
You can melt lea don a stove top too. People casting their own bullets often just use a kitchen hot plate and an old pot.

Now tin does have a lower melting temperature than lead. We can go even lower though, because adding lead to tin will lower the melting point even further, with a minimum of 183°C at 61.9wt% tin. Soft solder is usually based around that composition, because of the melting point.

I wouldn't expect a temper to be dipped in molten metal of even that temperature and make it out unharmed though. Maybe it will? But don't rely on it. And we still risk diffusion, get our parts covered in a thin layer of solder, and have the TSA wondering why the fuck we're carrying around a few large chunks of metal.
>>
>>33323272
Okay, I'll explain it to you.
>Steel ~7,85 g/ccm
>Lead 11,342 g/ccm
>>
>>33323330
might not work for cross-ocean-smuggling

How much about mechanical objects do they know?
>>
File: hHMKMZB.png (857KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
hHMKMZB.png
857KB, 1400x5552px
>>33323312
I gotchu famalamadingdong
>>
File: 0a4[1].png (89KB, 474x696px) Image search: [Google]
0a4[1].png
89KB, 474x696px
>>33323246
>add in a proper amount of uranium to to balance out the steel
>>
>>33323255
Well, probably not the hardness test and density check on site, but they're sure as hell going to detain you while they figure out what the fuck you're smuggling. And anyone traveling with or shipping large chunks of lead outside of a handful of established companies is definitely smuggling.
>>
>>33323353
thanks famas
>>
File: Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>33323359
>Customs seizes a bar for lulz, saw it in half, and see half a gun and the embedded uranium trips the radiation monitor
>>
>>33323365
A man that thinks much might drop whatever they want to put into lead into a wet cell battery with no electrolyte.

Of course, that's an old trick. A well cell being shipped empty looks like drugs to customs.
>>
>>33323365
^ this is probably a good point

So, say someone legitimately wants to transfer items to their new residence across an ocean... How do they ship them?
>>
Now that it could work what guns should we smuggle in?
>>
>>33323255
When someone rolls up with a totally unsuspicious cargo of LEAD BRICKS yes, they do.
>>
>>33323396
GEP guns
>>
>>33323396
AR-15s and 9mm SMGs

ship Sten parts kits and Jewzis to Europoors, acquire bulk 9mm stores in-country. barrels are hard to manufacture properly but can be made workable.

Realistically it might be cheaper and easier to put together a shitty machine shop and fabricate 9mm blowback SMGs though...

intermediate and full power cartridges will require more work. expect to see home-made bolt actions utilizing more powerful cartridges, and modern rifles using imported parts.

real criminals can just smuggle them from the rest of Europe though.
>>
>>33323396
Nuggets with depleted uranium barrels to offset the weight toward a more appropriate number.
>>
>>33323386
You're saying the average TSA or Customs agent is smart enough to understand the concept of displacement? Nah, they'll note it's suspicious, detain whoever it was found on, and send it to a lab.
>>
>>33323109
>be slavic nigger
>cousin Niko wants some AKs
>"da /k/omrade!"
>pay some gypsies to walk crate of AKs into Britain via horse and buggy
>>
>>33323109
Here's the deal.

Think of a smuggling tactic.

A *really* clever one.

The Cartels have already tried it, made millions from it, got caught doing it, stopped doing it because Customs developed countermeasures.

Big blocks of stuff that's opaque to X-rays are inherently suspicious, and will provoke investigation.
>>
What if you had a 50 toy guns a one real gun. Would it get passed?
>>
>>33323459
No, they even have 3d X-rays these days.
>>
Kalashnibox 360 has been done

gun parts inside engine block has been done

gun parts sprinkled among other metallic shit has been done
>>
>>33323480
How effective were customs at finding them?
>>
Should I just join the cartel to figure out how they smuggle shit? Are they just paying off customs at this point?
>>
>>33323488
Very affective if you throw some kinder eggs in the mix.
>>
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/22738028/smuggling-ring-sent-guns-from-nashville-to-australia

Nashville auto!
>>
>>33323505
>>33323496
>>33323490
>>33323488
>>33323480
>mfw some faggots in the destination country have to find the guns and then get him to talk on where he got them to find guns stashed as car parts

Jesus fucking Christ. Did we forget the ATF investigates shit like this?

Replace some pipe with a barrel here, put a small tack weld on FCG parts to hold up hoses there, no one finds out until you get a weasel who likes to sing.
>>
>>33323488
all of them have been found out, hence the reason we know about them
>>
>>33323517
Agents say Metleg and Chaouk bought engine blocks from local scrap yards, took the engines apart and hid guns and cocaine inside before shipping the engine blocks to Australia.

Agents claim the Australian men rented UHAUL box trucks and parked behind a Nashville motel on Spence Lane.
>>
>>33323517
No, the reason they found out was from the guns found in Australia and the weasel they got to talk about them.
>>
>>33323167
This is honestly not a bad idea. I wonder if any canadanons would smuggle cheap sks to the states?
>>
>>33323273
>Hijack shipment of those "placed by the Gideon's" bibles you find in hotels
>put guns in bibles
>enjoy aftermath
>>
File: 1486745575026.png (41KB, 527x427px) Image search: [Google]
1486745575026.png
41KB, 527x427px
>>33323109
>>
>use the lead to make bullets as you get the guns out
>>
>>33323109
no they have deep xray machines now
>>
>>33323545
>>
>>33323206
>an underground armed group in a nation with strict gun laws
Did California finally secede?
Are you supplying liberation forces that support the union?
>>
>>33323545
>>33323551
American propaganda is only to be believed so much. It was blatant propaganda parroted by the news that the TSA was getting 3d x-ray machines, a corporate sponsored advertisement delivered through mainstream news.

Do not believe their lies, but there may be a bit of truth to it.
>>
Wouldn't it be easier to smuggle in timber or some other bulk import? Just cut holes in a few trees, stuff full guns in the trees, import as usual. I doubt they'd xray the trees, you'd need people inside lumber importers. Lots of lumber is imported into Europe from the United States. When they have so many millions of tons of something coming over, I can't imagine they'd be thoroughly looking over every piece. It's a lot better than importing random suspicious lead bricks.
>>
>>33323559
Well, no. I was thinking (in a purely academic context) how one could get small arms to Boer separatist groups in SA.
>>
>>33323563
They have x-ray for semi trucks. Don't know how often they use it. Or how good it is.
>>
>>33323563
Sure, if you have a large legitimate business doing overseas shipments.
>>
>>33323574

One might look into coopting a few tool makers to set up a machine shop, then look into buying bulk ammunition.

A few workers and old manual machines, you could crank out plenty of SMGs. It does require real machine tools, though.
>>
>>33323591
Expanding upon this idea, purely academically, of course...

>>33323574
A few reliable workers are required. I would think doing as much work as possible before distributing to persons in need would be the way to go. A weekend at a time until you reach finished products numbering in the low hundreds would make it worthwhile.

You could parcel them out to various group leaders or put them into caches spread out around the country.
>>
>>33323109
>Would it be possible to take a gun apart, fit the pieces in a mold, and cast them inside a lead block

Would be easier to put the gun in a steel box and then cast your lead block with the steel box inside of it. That way you don't have to mess with getting all the lead off your gun parts
>>
>>33323623
Which will also increase your density anomaly.
Plugging holes in parts might be the way to go.
>>
Don't people just usually drive the parts to the destination? I highly doubt the police will do anything if they clock you for speeding. Just look normal and be confident
>>
>>33323540
>approach customs
>TSA sees sweaty man with what looks like a block of lead under his arm
>everyone gets nervous
>TSA not buying it
>you dive behind a counter and tear open your backpack
>portable camping stove
>TSA scrambling for their guns
>you duck and start melting down the lead
>fumes begin to enrage you as commie TSA erodes your freedom
>TSA closing in on your cover
>you have melted enough lead to uncover trigger, muzzle, breech
>TSA sees man pop over counter wielding half melted block of lead
>they dive for cover
>you grab your bullet mold and start casting
>start to vomit from the fumes
>TSA starts vomiting
>everyone passes out
>>
>>33323109
Maybe. I hope you have a good story to Customs on why you have 100 bricks of solid lead

>"Um sir can you inform us why you are hauling 100 bricks of lead to the United States from Mexico?"
>Umm I heard there was a lead shortage?
>>
>>33323490
they smuggled shit in trains and submarines.
>>
>>33323685
I was really disappointed when i learned they've been using submarines. I thought i was the first one to think of it.
>>
Why do we keep getting these threads about how to smuggle and/or build guns? If you're American, go to a store and buy one. If you're in Europe, buy one from some Serb gangster out of the back of a van, put it in your basement, and shut up. Problem solved.
>>
>>33323328
That's how they smuggle AKs through land borders from Eastern Europe to Western Europe. A few parts at a time, in random cars (like some dure who lives in France and has family in the Balkans gets paid a small sum for transporting a small piece of metal in his car every time he visits his family).

Then later on the full auto AKs are reassembled and sold to local drug dealers and terrorists.
>>
>>33323109
"Sir, why are you bringing lead bricks and a metal foundry onto this plane and/or school?"
>>
>>33323696
Next they'll be sending rockets.

Might not have to reach space before coming back down even.
>>
>>33323721
Don't they use mortars or air canons? I'd imagine a rocket would be too noisy and detectable to work.
>>
>>33323730
But it might reach a higher altitude.

I didn't know they used mortars, makes sense though.
>>
File: 1458428309413.jpg (133KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458428309413.jpg
133KB, 1024x1024px
>>33323664
>>
>>33323312

what is this
>>
>>33323454
Tieing cargo to migratory whales and porpoises?
>>
>>33323721
>launch rockets full of weed and coke
>triggers icbm radars across the globe
>world war 3 almost happens because of smugglers
>border patrol still has no fucking clue what to do
>>
>>33323768
worth it
>>
>>33323155
Lead blocks x-rays. You ever try to pack film in your luggage on an airplane? They used to make little lead lined bags that would keep the film safe from the x-ray machine.
>>
File: A52-PO7230.jpg (54KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A52-PO7230.jpg
54KB, 1000x1000px
>>33323109
that would be an excellent way some generous ameribro could send a Glock barrel and slide to a poor euroshit. any takers? pls help. send guns ;_;
>>
>>33323780
send help, we're dying here ;_;
>>
>>33323787
>>33323780
visit America, mail it to yourself.

or just stay in America illegally.
>>
>>33323780
While not legally considered a firearm in the US, firearms parts are regulated for export. Look up ITAR.
>>
>>33323359
Kek
>>
File: Container_ships.jpg (1MB, 1832x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Container_ships.jpg
1MB, 1832x1184px
>>33323109
>Would it be possible to take a gun apart, fit the pieces in a mold, and cast them inside a lead block to smuggle them somewhere?

No, the 600*+ heat of the molten lead would warp all the steel and aluminum components, let alone the plastic and wood parts.

But there’s no need to go thru all that anyway, as less than 1% of all shipping containers are ever physically inspected.

“In 2012 there were about 20.5million intermodal containers in the world of varying types to suit different cargoes.”
>>
File: 1911 cutaway.jpg (305KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1911 cutaway.jpg
305KB, 1920x1200px
>>33323129
1911 was an inside job
Lead bricks can't melt steel frames
>>
>>33323808
>While not legally considered a firearm in the US, firearms parts are regulated for export. Look up ITAR.

but isn't the point of 80% lowers that they are not traceable so a good samaritan ameribro could mail it to me without fear of anything happening to him legally speaking? and barrels and slides are freely obtainable for americans too.
>>
>>33323261
>MISC ENGINE PARTS
This is how I've heard it's done smuggling them into Australia, although I've heard that they actually ship whole built engines with the parts inside.
>>
>>33323155
>xray would see the parts
>inside LEAD
k
>>
>>33323353
Havin worked at best buy can confirm Chinese are 99% fraudsters. If they aren't a reseller, they're either trying to price match fake sources, swap products, or outright commit fraud.

People say niggers aren't people, but honestly I think the chinese deserve to still be slaves. Japan dropped the ball not exterminating them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33323872
No, if you don't have the proper licenses that shit is illegal. Besides, if you're going to smuggle a gun you might as well smuggle an actual gun. I've built an 80% glock, it's taken multiple trips to the range to get it to run reliably. Unless you have somewhere you can shoot your illegal gun you may have something that stovepipes or doublefeeds on every round.

Pic related, muh glock
>>
>>33323255
I mean it's a good idea and all but they pay retards to think of ways around their safety nets and keep the collected data in mind for situations just like this. Those fuckers sneaking explosives in printer ink cartridges almost got away with it. Almost
>>
>>33324010
>Pic related, muh glock

Hnnngh... ;_;
>>
File: tin pest.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tin pest.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>33323200
>I think the heat would fuck the temper, though.
This, especially if you're using pure lead. A low-melting solder might be less destructive, but tin impurities can severely embrittle steel so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea either. Dissimilar metals in general can do some pretty fucky things.
>>
Just transport 80%
>>
All this work when you could just import basic steel and machine parts where ever. Guns are not the support high tolerance things people think they are. Most parts have tolerances on them of +/-.005" which for anyone who knows how to use a bridgeport can hold in their sleep.
>>
>>33324041
You realize "80%" just refers to unfinished frames/receivers that the ATF judges not to be firearms? It's useless outside of the US.
>>
>>33323200
>Atf flies out to Canada to shoot your dogs on principle.
>>
>>33324010
well feel free to send me a G26/19 then :3
>>
File: 1443862440001.jpg (69KB, 618x922px) Image search: [Google]
1443862440001.jpg
69KB, 618x922px
>>33324075
>my dog... is... somewhat different...
>>
File: canadian mutt dog.jpg (182KB, 810x560px) Image search: [Google]
canadian mutt dog.jpg
182KB, 810x560px
>>33324088
>>
>>33323225
How could drilling holes help when the problem is that the brick is already too light with the hidden steel parts being lighter than lead?
>>
>>33324103
Got that shit backwards. ignore it
>>
>>33323764
Cartel has tried dolphins and sharks. I don't know about whales
>>
>>33323195
Add some gold to the mix to bring the specific gravity up to par.
>>
>>33323768
Launch smaller rockets on stormy nights.
Locate them with gps when they land.
>>
>>33323109
Yeah, it'd be possible but it would destroy any finish that wasn't a surface treatment (ie. nitride) so old guns would need to be refinished on the other side. A better metal would be aluminium, zinc, or magnesium, as you could place the parts inside of ceramic tubes, boxes, etc. and make sure the weight and balance were right for the piece because of the empty space in the internal storage container offsetting the fact that the steel is more dense than the metal it's stored within. Likewise, it could be determined which lead blocks were carrying gun parts simply by weighing if you used lead because it'd be impossible to bring them up to the right weight.

In reality, the metal casing is really kind of an unnecessary bother in the case of anything but MASS shipments (like so large that they are systematically received by a scrap yard which melts the residual lead and re-casts the blocks to sell as a middle man) and the best approach would be to hide the parts inside of some bullshit hollow tourist trap ceramic statues that you fill with foam and carefully seal the bottom because ceramic can't be X-ray'd to see what's inside, it's not uncommon to find someone who doesn't know that a large chunk of ceramic is *supposed* to weigh (especially if it's of irregular shape, indeterminate volume, and may or may not have air pockets inside).

Sending those home from some exotic vacation over a series of weeks would be the best way to get a single gun or a couple of small guns into a country like the US where you'd only have to send in parts like a trigger group or auto-sear and could reconstruct the rest from commonly available parts.

Getting a barrel in would be harder because it's a lot easier to set aside packages which are beyond a certain length for screening with magnets and such, but all the interesting stuff has short barrels anyway so that may be a non-issue.

Lmao bout time I got put on another watchlist
>>
>>33323200
>temper
lead melts at 600°K
that won't really touch aluminium or steel parts
>>
Work for large computer manufacturer. We ship server racks with large brick like lead counter weights in the bottom all the time. Worldwide. Feasible. I do think the temp required to melt the lead would fuck up springs however.
>>
>>33324224
>DEGREES KELVIN
And yeah, it will. Pic related. That's for STEEL. And with aluminum, you're beyond just precipitation temperatures - you're straight up heating that shit past it's creep temperature. It'll warp for sure.
>>
>>33324289
but you aren't heating it through

you are pouring hot molten lead into a crucible with the steel parts in them
the lead will solidify quickly without much time to heat up the steel parts

and yes Kelvin, not gonna bother with °F(aggenheit)
>>
How about some kind of low melting point alloy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusible_alloy

Or pure gallium in a cooler? That wouldn't be suspicious at all.
>>
File: 1410658231759.jpg (185KB, 926x875px) Image search: [Google]
1410658231759.jpg
185KB, 926x875px
>>33324293
>>
>>33323200
Canadian border hates white people desu senpai. Mexico is easy as fuck to get into in comparison. Canada is the easiest to leave though, literally zero fucks/token effort to check anything. Thanks a lot fags.
>>
File: k_argues.webm (3MB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
k_argues.webm
3MB, 960x404px
>this thread
How sophistry killed your dog.
>>
>>33324307
>Canada is the easiest to leave though, literally zero fucks/token effort to check anything. Thanks a lot fags

>go to leafland
>buy autonuggets
>smuggle to US
>have SVT-40
>>
File: 1489183976737.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
1489183976737.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
That's a mighty fine idea you got there OP.
>>
>>33323216
Well let's see we got you violating the
Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992 (Title X), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) among many others.

So yes you are being detained. Now step out of the car slowly with your hands were I can see them.

To be honesty that illegal weapons dealer we caught yesterday with a truck full of unregistered guns and high explosives is in far less trouble then you are. Hope you got a good lawyer, you'll need one.
>>
File: 20170316_081856.jpg (29KB, 274x182px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_081856.jpg
29KB, 274x182px
>>33323216
>SHOW ME WHERE IN THE LAW IT SAYS I CANT
Give me a sec...
>>
what about gallium? sure it would fuck over aluminium, but ighas such slow melting point it would be easy to get, or barrels of oil
>>
>>33323197
Lead's extremely heavy compared to small parts.
If you melt it with other stuff inside, in a good clean process, lighter stuff will float above molten lead by itself.

That's how people recycle shot bullets and older wheel weights; steel and copper jackets will separate themselves by floating over lead.

A bit of fluxing then cleans even more smaller particles.
>>
>>33324025
the fuck I am looking at?
>>
>>33324425
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_pest

a low temperature phase change in tin metal that is destructive to it's structure.
Also in pictures name
>>
>>33323857
Underrated
>>
>>33323175
Cast half the lead block with the steel bits floating on top, let it cool, then pour more lead on top. Voila...or as the Americans spell it, Walla.
>>
>>33323562
Do you not believe the TSA are getting them or that they exist? I used to work with 3D xray machines, thats all.
>>
Wood's metal.

It melts at less than the boiling point of water. Contains bismuth and lead.

If a gun can survive a boiling water bath to remove cosmoline. It can survive being in woods metal.
>>
>>33324596
It was still a propaganda piece.
>>
>>33324300
That's Celsius, not KELVIN MASTER RACE
>>
>>33324467
>>33324025
>Tin "I'm a bit chilly, time to kill myself"

Wtf metals?
>>
>>33323246
What if you put some uranium in addition to the gun parts, so that the weight will be equal to a lead ingot?
>>
If you dip everyhing in wax it would work the same

Not for xray though but still if travelling across borders, why not be just a "scented candle" salesman or delivery guy
>>
File: nottheatf.png (51KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
nottheatf.png
51KB, 262x200px
>>33323109

It looks like too much work for some guns, I mean really.. who the hell would buy something like that?
>>
>>33323857
kek'd
>>
>>33323529

American here.

Last time I crossed the border, the US pulled me and a bunch of other cars and used a mobile X ray truck to x-ray the vehicles (without us inside them of course).
>>
>>33323155
Yeah that's why they don't give you a lead vest when you take X-rays at the hospital.
>>
>>33323534
We need an updated version of this image with the CIA pushing the NSA since vault 7 came out
>>
>>33324088
l-lewd
>>
>>33323129

Not if you cover the firearm in clay first.
>>
>>33323225
alternatively just pack the parts to be hidden in a properly calculcualted quantity of tungsten shot.
Cast lead over that. Cast lead around the resulting ingot.

If done properly you have remedied the problems of center of gravity and density.
>>
File: lookat-this.png (420KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
lookat-this.png
420KB, 500x675px
>>
>>33324293
Kelvin is just Kelvin. It's not DEGREES Kelvin.

And even if you CAN pour the lead without the gun approaching the melting point of lead (which is unlikely to begin with), there's no fucking way you're going to be able to melt it off again without the gun itself reaching 600K.
>>
>>33323712
Well there's other methods.

I heard about a guy who drives his camping van to a balkan country every year for vacation.
His van has a second tank (I don't remember if fuel or septic) that can be removed when empty. Behind that is some room, which then gets filled with guns and stuff. The second tank is replaced and filled up, thus hiding anything behind.
No cop will drain dozens of litres of feces on a highway parking lot on the faint chance there's something hidden behind that, unless they got tipped off.
>>
>>33323872
Lowers ain't a problem here in Europe.
You can buy full-auto M16 lowers, uppers BCGs with all parts and AK lowers online and have them shipped to your home. The critical parts are bolt and barrel, since those are restricted in pretty much every euro country.
>>
>>33324359
>all these laws
CERCLA has nothing to do with some guy having lead bricks in his car. CERCLA just outlines the procedure for cleaning up abandoned hazardous waste sites that companies couldn't be bothered to fuck with. And the RCRA just fixes the above mentioned problem where companies would just declare bankruptcy to avoid picking up after themselves, by making them responsible for their own mess.
Clean Air Act regulates emmisions, so unless anon is throwing powdered lead into the aie i have no idea why you included this. Safe Water regulates discharge into drinking water. There are some things anon could do with his bricks to violate these laws, but so far hasn't mentioned anything that he could be reasonably prosecuted for under these laws. Not to mention the fact that no cop is going to have any idea what CERCLA or the RCRA are.
>>
>>33323246
What about making a Maltese falcon with rotometal?
>>
>>33326157
>Kelvin is just Kelvin. It's not DEGREES Kelvin.
You're right, but fuck you. I will add the ° if I want to.
Look at me, I'm getting edgy: 491°R

Also at such a low temperature it would take hours or maybe even days for it to cause any meaningful diffusion (read: fuck with the heat treat).
>>
>>33324299
This, christ. How the fuck does anyone make chamber castings?
>>
>>33323683
>>Umm I heard there was a lead shortage?
>last us foundary closed several years ago
>don't trust the chinese enough to buy lead from them
Truly the most suspicious story...
>>
>>33323158
I wanted a low rider but have no mechanical knowledge
>>
>>33326509
>I want my car to ride more like a luxury model
>>
>>33325901
But Vault 7 was still casual compared to the NSA. Most of the flashy headlines about VLC being compromised and shit failed to mention all of their malware was designed to be deployed in the field by an agent. e.g you let in mr nice pc repair man who turns out to be CIA and end up being compromised. All of the NSAs stuff is designed to be deployed remotely.
Now, the NSA as far as we know doesn't have the ability to drive your car off the road remotely and kill you, so there's that.
>>
>>33323579
If it's the same thing i'm thinking of then they use it at the main dock from france to the UK. But they primarily use it to catch akhmeds trying to sneak into the country, which implies it wouldn't be all that great for telling difference between random engine parts and disassembled guns. I have no idea about the US though.
>>
>>33323255
I mean if you're storing a lead brick in your catalytic converter, who at a border inspection is going to find it?
>>
>>33327507
>I knew I should have bought unleaded...
>>
>>33327528
ATF don't zucc me, but if someone hid a lead brick containing the interred parts of a sig p320 internals that had been coated in a THICC syrupy cover, and then sealed it all back up, and transports it through the border in their toyota camry while being a young white man with a wife and 2 kids, who's going to ringadingaling on them?
>>
>>33327507
Especially if I offer the border agent $20 to NOT inspect it.
>>
>>33323109
>like the cartels haven't thought of this

Customs tends to drill into shit that they can't see through on the X-ray machine.
>>
>>33323222
Nice digits, anon
>>
File: woods metal.jpg (133KB, 1280x1108px) Image search: [Google]
woods metal.jpg
133KB, 1280x1108px
>>33323158

Carry around a big pile of warham 40kek minis and some silicone molds. Tell them it's for personal use.

Use wood's metal instead of lead. Shit melts at like 160F. Don't keep it in your trunk on a hot day or it'll melt off, though.
>>
>>33327892
I thought woods metal was super toxic.
>>
>>33328014
It contains cadmium and lead.

It's toxic. but you should still take care and wear gloves when handling it, be in a well ventilated area and wash your hands afterward
>>
>>33328014

well it's like 30% lead, so yeah, it's at least 30% as toxic as a brick made from lead.
>>
>>33326509
top kek
>>
>>33328014
as toxic as lead, since it has lead in it.
>>
>>33323195
I really doubt they'd do that math, unless they were already highly suspicious of you. Which they might be, since lead bricks would be so odd...
>>
>>33328078

Lead is only like 1.4 times the density of steel. It would be pretty hard to notice the difference in a medium sized block.

it's more than 4 times as dense as aluminum, and more than that vs glass reinforced nylon, though.
>>
Wouldn't bribery work better? I don't think you can smuggle a lot by using your method, OP
>>
File: 1461380586927.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461380586927.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>33323109
True story. had a friend who traveled a lot around the midwest. Overnighters mostly in his company car. He carried around a travel bag loaded with sex toys, lube, all sorts of pleasure tools. Always had it with him. Met up with him in San Fransisco, California once where we both flew in on different flights. Was in his room having a beer and I asked him if he brought "the bag". He said of course and started rummaging through it. Said the security folks pulled it out of the xray and opened it up/ looked inside and quickly closed it when they saw what was inside. While he was going through it in the room, he found his loaded Raven .25 auto that he had forgotten was in there.
> ship your gun in a box of filthy used sex toys
>>
stay with me here...
Unmanned RC submarines.
The spanish gooks are doing it wrong by having them manned.

If your footprint is smaller than a surfboard, I don't think it's realistic to be caught.
>>
>>33323702
Not everyone knows serb gangsters anon, that and the serbs are morelike suppliers than bottom line salesmen.
>tl;dr euro version

>buyer 1 goes to supplier, buys a fuckload of guns
>buyer 1 then arranges to smuggle the fuckload of guns from presumably slavic country X to european country Y
>buyer 1 then proceeds to act as supplier in the end destination for buyer/s 2. Whom also buy in bulk.
>buying in bulk and increase in price continues until the guns reach "street level" where they're no longer bought in bulk but individually for self defence, homicide, or whatever the fuck you'd need a gun (illegally) for.

Ironically the countries with stricter gun laws get cheaper illegal guns as long as it's not outright military hardware which you're looking for. So cheap rifles and handguns, but if you want more bang you pay more, naturally.
>>
>>33323857
LOL.
>>
>>33323109
I'm sure none of the guns components would get damaged by the temperature of molten metal at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 1000x550px
>>33323158
>>33323237
You're a student going to a chemistry class carrying some samples from the periodic table
Be sure to have some identical volume of other metals though
>>
File: tmp_13704-HMRb0fx-1411265332.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13704-HMRb0fx-1411265332.gif
2MB, 350x197px
could you forge a gun out of Shape-memory alloy
and then bend and hamer all parts so the look like scrap

then just drop the scrap in hot water and it bends back in the shape of a gun
>>
>>33323109
I mean everyone carries a 100 pounds of lead up their ass amirite?
>>
>>33328879
Its the best way to train
>>
>>33328837
It seems like using something that changes shape when hot is a bad idea to use for something that gets really hot with use.
>>
File: 1489156802125.jpg (110KB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
1489156802125.jpg
110KB, 450x608px
Sounds like it could rek a heat treat.
>>
>>33323174
>Wouldn't the lead block the x-rays?

Yeah, and there would be this big suspicious blank spot on the X-Ray
>>
>>33330899
except the alloy would want to go back to the shape of a gun when hot.

So it would be the gun that gets better as it gets hotter.
>>
>>33331225
Wood's Metal alloy, melts at 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

You can powder coat structural aluminum with out affecting it. powder coats run 400 degrees.
>>
>>33323109
Packing it with other metal, like foil or small sections of steel bar would work about the same so you aren't carrying around 30 pounds of lead.

Just enough to break the outline would be sufficient for it to be overlooked by an overworked TSA agent that has had every suitcase blur together into a constant stream about two hours ago.
>>
>>33323396
My very first thought when I saw this thread was HK auto sears or AR auto sears. They're small and you could fit a few in a block. Don't those fuckers go for thousands in the States?
>>
>>33323109
>cast them inside a lead block
So an incredibly heavy, extremely weak metal that will light up like a christmas tree on an xray?
Sure why not.
>>
Melting the guns into a solid block the machining them back into shape would be easier.
>>
>>33326249
I'm curious
>>
File: 1479666403212.jpg (59KB, 745x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479666403212.jpg
59KB, 745x600px
>>33324079
>well feel free to send me a G26/19 then :3

So no takers wanting to help an europoor bro out? ;_;
>>
>>33332255
Legally registered ones that civilian transferable do. People don't pay thousands for them because they're particularly difficult to built, they pay so they can legally have FA.
>>
>>33331327
>x-raying lead.

>>
>>33332255
>AR auto sears
>Don't those fuckers go for thousands in the States?

No.

This is the land of unlimited milling machines.

High school vocational classes, community college, garage shops,auto sears are like pez caandy. The balls to use one (and properly) is the limiting factor
>>
>>33332522
>>33332522
>>x-raying lead.

Thats the point dum dum. There would be a big opaque spot on the imaging. Thats more than enough to trip some alarms. Maybe read the thread and learn a thing instead of going straight to the usual uneducated faggot reply mode.
>>
>>33323459
You'd be better off mixing real gun parts in with toy gun parts. Like those airsoft M16's that used pot metal receivers and could be finished for a 22LR upper.
>>
>>33323216
>SHOW ME WHERE IN THE LAW IT SAYS I CANT DRIVE AROUND WITH 500LBS OF LEAD IN THE BED OF MY TRUCK

as i have done this recently it is ok
i picked up lead for bullet casting and reloading

pure lead no jacket semi wadcutter hollow point ak ammo for the win
>>
>>33332465
Lern 2 machinist.
>>
>>33328124
holy crap
>>
>>33323634
Oh boy you never went to america.
They can search your car because they want to.
>>
>>33324326
if you wanna smuggle shit take the woods, eh?
That was what my old dealer in canada said, and it holds true.
>>
>>33333366
only if you consent dipshit. even the commiest of commie states will only detain you till a drug dog walks around and scratches your paint. in free america they will impound your car and get a search warrant.

Also this whole thread is fucking retarded. Be it a cargo container, a car, or on yourself, a fucking lead mass is going to get you instantly tagged for detainment and search under suspicion of importing special nuclear material. Enjoy the marshals picking you up if you are lucky.

t. nuke worker
>>
File: 1488954731823.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1488954731823.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>>33328124
I want to believe this.
>>
>>33328837
I'm not familiar with how shape memory alloy work. Is there a way to "turn it back" into "regular" metal somehow?
>>
>>33324088
>ywn ride your dog into battle
>>
File: Sarevok_in_armor.jpg (130KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
Sarevok_in_armor.jpg
130KB, 600x883px
>>33324025
>>33324425
>>33324467

>The Iron Crisis was an event occurring in 1368 DR in which the Iron Throne plotted to destroy the iron supply of the Sword Coast by poisoning the iron from the mines of Nashkel with alchemy
>>
This thread is remarkably civil discussion for /k/. I'm onto you, ATF.
>>
>>33323109
The heat treatment on the part would be gone at the temp it takes to melt lead
>>
Would probably make more sense to form a plaster/clay.fucking sand even brick around the parts then submerge that brick in lead in order to shield the parts from the high tempuratures.
From the outside it's still a block of lead as far as Xrays and normal lookovers are concerned, So unless they wonder why your bricks of lead arent as heavy as normal bricks of lead nobody will be any wiser.
Real question is what do you say to customs when they ask about all those bricks of lead?
>>
>>33323517
Most obficsation methods that use large machines, like engines, transmission parts, ect to ship weapons work pretty well and more or less totally defeat x-ray checks. The points of weakness becomes distribution after delivery.

>>33323527

Has the right of it. The real problem with any smuggling is the people you smuggle shit too. People you deliver guns, cocaine or heroin too will flip on you when they get caught.
>>
I would test it on a severely used gun first. Without going into specifics, large pieces of high strength steel are embrittled when contaminated with lead. I am pretty sure this extends to something the size of a small arms.

I imagine the effect comes from turning every nook and cranny into a point defect. Huh, could try it on an old worn out spring or something.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02833501
>>
>>33334245
Yeah, yeah, steel alloyed with lead machines better but this would be localized to spots on the surface.
>>
you guys are idiots. just make the guns out of lead so they cant be xrayed
>>
>>33332565
TL;DR: 3 INCHES OF LEAD in thickness can get you past any border patrol, as long as it's 3 inches in the least thick point.
>opaque

Jesus christ, nigga, I can see the point, but lrn2written.

There may be a bit of leaking of xrays through the part with the funs, but I feel that it'd
1) be negligible to your average TSA agent and
2) within the normal margin of error for the given X-ray machine if they actually use a strong enough one to shine through 5 inches of lead.

Just for you: The halving value of lead is 4.8mm against gamma rays. This means that you need a 5mm plate between you and the source to get only half-irradiated. Add 5mm more and you get one quarter and so on.

Let's talk shades of gray: White is 255, black is 0. Let's also assume that the machine is perfect and can detect even one atom differences and that the only bottleneck is the screen which can only show shades of gray. The human eye can comfortably see 100 differences from black to white, so a 1% increase can be noticed.

How thick do we need the brick to be?

The answer is lots. To shield xrays past the 1% mark with 5mm pieces of lead, you'd need 7 pieces of lead. 50%,25%,12.5,6.25,3.125,1.5625 and lastly 0.78125. This means 35 mm of lead (1.7 inches, roughly) can hide anything from such a machine. That's way less than what OP's pic seems to show.

Now comes the fun part: We haven't been taking the protective property of STEEL into the equation. Until now we've been hiding a pocket of air inside the block. If you want to hide steel, this has its own shielding properties as well. 12.5mm of steel halves radiation on its own, but this plays no role in distinction as long as by the end of the xray's travel through the block, we're under 1% permeability. At that point the eye won't see the difference due to the quality of the display and even under PERFECT viewing conditions, a human can't see it.

So here you go, I just calculated this for you on the toilet. Not the guy you talked to.
>>
>>33334802
P.S.: I feel like Thunderf00t now, ma breda.
>>
>>33334802
/k/ confirmed best board.
>>
>>33334868
That (You) made it all worth it. Thank you, friend.
>>
>>33323273
>>33323285
He did mention putting dye in to make the wax opaque. I don't think he meant it this way, but he could use medical iodinated contrast mixed with the molten wax to make the block radio-opaque as well. The same way a radiologist giving someone a CT scan injects contrast into their body, mixing even a small amount of that into a liquid would make it impermeable to xrays. Not that it would work, but its definitely possible to make wax radio-opaque. Which would be suspicious and raise a lot of questions in its own right, but its definitely possible.

If you have access to radiopharmaceuticals, of course.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.