[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LCP for CCW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2296.jpg (33KB, 380x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2296.jpg
33KB, 380x279px
>no guns
>live in shitty town
>on the gulf in texas
>sub-tropical so constantly in shorts/vest
>buddy got mugged, decided I want to carry

Starting to look for my first gun, gonna need to be able to hide it easily in shorts and vest/very light flowly shirts.

Dressing heavier to hide a larger gun just isn't an option here.

Is a LCP suitable for daily carry? The .380? If not what should I look into?

I'm a 6ft1 guy if that makes a diffence for size etc.
>>
>>33322006
Oh, and I was planning to pocket carry since I usually don't have a belt.
>>
>>33322006

get an LCP 2 better than LCP

it's a great gun

be sure to practice shooting it is quite snappy recoil only weighs 11z

get a good holster practice drawing

etc
etc
>>
>>33322050
What's the advantages of the 2 over the original??

Isn't it quite new? I'd rather it be out for some time to have any flaws come to suffice. Unless it's REALLY worth getting over the older model??
>>
>>33322050
This. I don't own one, but I've shot them plenty. I'm thinking about picking up an LCP Pro since they're so inexpensive now. I currently carry a 638 J-frame.
>>
>>33322070
Better trigger, slide serrations, and grip. Otherwise it's the same gun but better. Get the II.

t. Ruger Employee
>>
>>33322084
Thanks for the second.

What's the 'pro'??
>>
There is no excuse as to why you cannot carry a Glock 42 over an LCP or smaller .380.

The 42 is more shootable, reliable and has sights you can actually use ontop of actually having options to swap them out to things like Ameriglos.

And remember a .380 is gonna suck to fight with, especially a pocket .380.
>>
>>33322088
Internals are pretty much the same then? That was my main concern.

Sounds perfect, thank you very much mate.
>>
>>33322089
Iirc it's a factory upgraded LCP. It's right between the normal LCP and the LCP II.
>>
>>33322108
I'm dumb, it's actually called the LCP "Custom".
>>
>>33322094
>There is no excuse as to why you cannot carry a Glock 42 over an LCP

Apart from the fact that a G42 will stand out like a motherfucker in the pocket of flowly but well fitting, super thin, linen shorts.

I'd love a larger gun but it's not gonna happen with how I need to dresss mate.
>>
>>33322022
nicenumbers.jpeg
>>
>>33322126
Didn't even catch that
>>
>>33322125
>Apart from the fact that a G42 will stand out like a motherfucker in the pocket of flowly but well fitting, super thin, linen shorts.

You don't pocket carry it, you IWB or AIWB it.
>>
>>33322101
From what I understand, yea. It's SLIGHTLY bigger, and the internals aren't tweaked enough to make a difference. There's also a slide stop feature now, the LCP 1 mags will work in the gun, but won't lock the slide back (new follower). Also the factory EXTENDED mags for the 1 don't work on the 2 because of the bottom plate. Otherwise, yea its just an improved LCP
>>
>>33322006
>shorts, light flowy shirts
>no belt

Change your clothing, and carry like your life depends on it. Otherwise, you're just posing and need a wakeup call. There's lots of clothing that you can use to conceal a gun, make the investment. Pocket carry is *stupid*.
>>
File: IMG_2297.jpg (66KB, 380x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2297.jpg
66KB, 380x570px
>>33322159
>don't pocket carry

As I've already said, that's not an option. I live in a tropical climate, I ware these kinds of shorts without the dumbass cargo pockets.

I can't and won't carry a large gun around bro, it's not practical at all.
>>
I started off fucking with pocket guns, I don't anymore. Glock 19 no matter what I'm wearing. But if you truly wanna waste money and get a pocket gun skip the lcp and get the ruger lc9s. 9mm and much better to shoot. Wonderful trigger even better than Glock trigger.
>>
>>33322220
See
>>33322241

I work outside, for 9 months of the year it's 90-110 with 80+ humidity.

It's very easy to say 'dress differently' till your ass is outside in it all day. Be practical.
>>
>>33322022
As long as the gun is light, you can get away with single clip iwb holster without a belt.
>>
>>33322264
Except "dress differently" is what you're going to need even with a pocket gun. Printing happens. Your best bet in hot ass weather is still going to be an undershirt, IWB holster, slightly too long patterned short sleeve button up down over the grip combo.

Long story short you can print or you can look retarded and rust your finish with hip sweat. No option available to you is comfortable.
>>
>>33322022
>no belt
Are you in a skirt or something?
>>
>>33322101

trigger on LCP is not very good, LCP2 much better

ruger sold about 1.5 million lcp's so far, and LCP2 is getting awesome reviews, just search for - ruger lcp2 review
>>
>>33322006
Get an LCR in the caliber of your choice.

Revolvers are cool.
>>
>>33322339
>Pocket holsters aren't a thing
>>
>>33322264
San Antonio here, I wear blue jeans or heavier in that kind of weather.
grow a pair.
>>
>>33322461
This.

38 Spl +P, 357 Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 22lr, 22wmr, 9mm

And a > $500 price tag. Can't go wrong
>>
I think you are underestimating how unpleasant tiny blowback .380s are to shoot, especially for a novice.

The Glock 42, LC380, & Kahr CW380 really aren't that much larger, & are much more shootable because they're not blowback operated.
>>
>>33322094
>There is no excuse as to why you cannot carry a Glock 42

Other than it being an overpriced Gluck?
>>
>>33322094
>glock
Why would anyone?
>>
>>33322220
Being so autistic that you think you may be in a heavy gun fight at anytime that a little 380 couldnt handle so you have to adjust your wardrobe around clothing that can conceal a bigger gun is *stupid*
>>
>>33322006

The LCP is great. About as heavy and noticeable as a current cell phone in the pocket. Of you get a pocket holster it just looks like a wallet or something even when printing.

Plus you can put your hands into your pocket all nonchalant and have your hand gripping it if you feel you will need to draw it quickly, like walking alone and a pack of fine upstanding gentlemen of urban ethnicity are walking your way.

It has these weird plastic numbs on the grip and overall it feels pretty cheap, but it is dead reliable even eating shitty white box and accurate enough. Get some neon paint pens and make some ghetto hi vis sights because the stock black on black is useless.
>>
>>33322006
Get an LCP 2, it's a much better shooting gun.

It's just as small and lightweight.
>>
>>33322006
...port neches?
>>
>>33322094
>glock
Maybe he doesn't want to pay the ATF tax for a destructive device?
>>
>>33322101
The LCP II has larger and blockier frame than the original LCP. Yah the trigger and sights are better, but the design isn't as sleek. I bought a regular LCP for $185 a few weeks ago, I just didn't like the look and size of the LCP II. Plus that price point. You can carry a Glock 19 even in summer, I do just carry cross appendix. It's nice to have that LCP tho, to just throw in your pocket and roll
>>
>>33325235
>Having a safety-less gun pointed at your balls.

Hope you have a good holster.
>>
I've been seeing sales for the LCP for $199 everywhere. But by the time you upgrade your shitty trigger and everything else -- you should have just gotten an LCP II.

Do the LCP II! I just got one and I fucking love it, OP. Comes with a nifty pocket holster, too.
>>
Daily reminder that the LCP II is single action only with only the trigger blade "safety." Get the LCP Custom.
>>
Seecamp .380 smaller perfect deterrent gun
>>
>>33322006
Shot my father's. Snappy as shit and past 10 feet you're better off just throwing the fucking thing at the guy.
>>
>>33325235
Yeah this lcp2 is heavier than lcp, which is heavier than p3at, which is heavier than p32, an ounce at a time, and suddenly it is quite a brick.
>>
Also, weight is more important than size. LCP >>> seecamp because of that. I carry a SW360 without a belt, and it's fine just because of how freaking light it is.
>>
>>33322070
2 has a much better trigger. I have a first gen LCP and it's hard to use proper trigger technique with how heavy the pull is
>>
>>33322006
M&P Shield and Glock 43 are popular choices.
>>
On a related note, I have an original lcp, will the gen 2 trigger work with it? I'm not gonna get lcpII, just want a better trigger on mine
>>
File: 0703-chabert.jpg (6KB, 150x180px) Image search: [Google]
0703-chabert.jpg
6KB, 150x180px
Join P938 Master race https://youtu.be/8MwHGouegYA
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.