[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Marines a good thing to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: 20170315_200816.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_200816.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
Are the Marines a good thing to get into
>>
>>33319542

I wish I could read.
>>
if you need to ask that question you'll fit right in.

semper fi faggot
>>
What's your favourite flavor crayon?
>>
>>33319542
If you can't do your own research and need to be spoon fed everything, then yes.
>>
>>33319542
alternatively you could be vegan, or get into crossfit. if you like fat chicks with colored hair i'd check out being vegan for sure!
>>
Assuming you're not shitposting. As a former Marine I would only join if whatever you want to do can only be done in the Marines. If you can do the same thing elsewhere then elsewhere is a better option in every way possible.
>>
File: Boxer Rebellion.jpg (56KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
Boxer Rebellion.jpg
56KB, 534x401px
>>33319542

Only if you're an early adopter on the ground level. At this point jumping on the bandwagon would get you much lower returns then those who joined back in 1775 or maybe even during the Boxer Rebellion.
>>
>>33319704
>>33319542

Seriously though, if things like pride and patriotism are more important to you than the benefits and GI Bill and all that, than you might consider it. I served 4 years and did two deployments to Iraq as an 0311 during the war. There were some tough times and some great times; I wish I had applied myself more.

I do not regret joining the Corps, and I am proud to say that I was a part of it.
>>
I wouldn't get into any marines if I were you. All the wooks have herpes.
>>
File: CIMG0087.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0087.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>
>>33319542
just be sure to wrap it up for any Marine you get into
>>
File: IA hitting house.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IA hitting house.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>33319542

Assuming you're not a complete mouth breather and you will use the gi bill to go to college afterwards, it is fine.

If you're a moron then I'd recommend you head over to the army and sign for the mos with the highest bonus and just stay in as long as you can.
>>
>>33319542
Sure, if you always wanted to join a cult.
>>
>>33319542
What is your favorite crayon color?
>>
>>33319542
No, not unless you fit a very specific type. There's a reason retention is very low.
>>
>>33319542
>good thing to get into
>like a hobby

remember, during boot, participate in all the stuff you're not supposed to do, and then go and tell your DI about it.
>>
>>33319799
>the COs face

It always amazes me how despite how the uniforms and equipment changes, the experiences all Marines go through is more or less the same.

>I had made a discovery in the downpour
>I had found that even in wetness there is warmth
>The hole filled with water which rose right through my cot and soaked me.
>At last in disgust I hauled my cot out on the hillside
>The hell with it! Let the Jap shoot, if that near sighted creature could see through the rain, if he was as stupid to want to
>I placed one dripping blanket under me and pulled the other over me
>It was warm! It was sodden but it was snug
>it was wet but it was warm
>it was miserable but it made me laugh
>see me now, if you willl, and you will the the war in the Pacific
>look at the Ridge rearing like a whale from the wild and dark green jungle sea
>Sweep that tan hillside with your eye and search for a sign of life
>you will see none
>You will see only the gray rain falling, the rain and a cot and a solitary man huddling beneath a blanket
>Ah, but he's happy! He, and only he in all the world, knows of the warmth within a wet blanket!

If that excerpt from Helmet for my Pillow doesn't sum up the collective experience of being in the suck, I don't know what does
>>
>>33320737
I think you mean crayon FLAVOR anon.

Seriously though former muhreen grunt here OP. If you're going to do anything besides infantry or recon join another branch. If you want to be in a death cult that treats you like shit while also telling you you're a badass then go for it.

Despite the memes there are smart Marines, even in the infantry, it's just that tough is always valued over smart as a core doctrine. Because of this you will find yourself doing really stupid shit for the sake of demonstrating toughness on a regular basis.

Ultimately all i can say is it sucked and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>33319847
That's so real it looks fake
>>
>>33319970
Yeah, you don't know where they might have been
>>
>>33319542
lol no. Be smart and join the Air Force or Navy. Everyone told me that before I enlisted as Army Infantry and I was pissed at myself later that I didn't heed that advice. Sometimes old people know what they're talking about.
>>
>>33319542
HAHAHA, NOPE!
>>
>>33319585

fpbp
>>
>>33320938
"helmet for my pillow" made me think of this
>>
File: CIMG0090.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0090.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>33320980

I took that photo in 2006 with the first digital camera I ever owned. It's the train station in Husaybah, Iraq. Still controlled by ISIS I think.
>>
>>33319542
>Are the Marines a good thing to get into

No!

Sincerely,
An inside source.
>>
>>33321078
Those are the best sleeps ever. I wish I had a pic of it but I slept in the back of a moving 7 ton on top of a pallet of C wire for 10 miles through the hills of Arkansas. The single deepest sleep I had that entire week.
>>
File: BEANS!!!!.jpg (1012KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
BEANS!!!!.jpg
1012KB, 2560x1920px
>>33321471

I've learned recently that sleeping upright in the cab of a vehicle is pretty good for cold weather... just hard to get all the layers of your sleep system to fit well in an armored humvee
>>
File: Marine enjoying chow.jpg (18KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
Marine enjoying chow.jpg
18KB, 583x435px
damn this thread has me reminiscing

We used to have this one goofy looking dude with a hilarious raspy voice, it was like a nasally Rod Stewart if he was a chain smoker voice and he would collect penthouse magazines from 29 Palms and whatever erotic shit he could find.

When we were in the berthing/hooch/vehicle he would walk over to us and decreed this period of time to be "Story Time"

And then, as dramatically as he could, he would read the smut to us to its completion, thinking back some bald, coke bottle BCG wearing, nasally raspy voiced motherfucker reading smut to us is some of the funniest memories I have from deployment that I love telling but no one ever seems to understand.
>>
absolutely not.
>>
File: P9040046.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P9040046.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>33321731

iknowthatfeel.jpg
>>
>>33319542

Its a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1l4-vo8I4
>>
>>33320938
>>33321078
I always used a pop or water bottle filled with air. Slept like a baby.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.