[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap ar15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: wm_7441814.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
wm_7441814.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
Never had an ar before but wanting to get one, I'm a college student so on a budget. Psa has a complete lower on sale for $130 and a complete upper for $200. Thoughts and Opinions?
>>
>>33318659
No noone needs one. 2dangerous.
>>
>>33318659
You'll probably still need a bolt carrier group and charging handle, but they can be had for 80-90 if you shop for a while.

Do it. PSA stuff shoots just fine. It's not a 500 yard quarter killer, but it's still fun.
>>
>>33318659
>complete upper for $200
I doubt that. I'll have to agree with the other anon that it probably doesn't include the BCG or charging handle. Add $90 or so for those. Also, it wont include any sights so add another $30 or so. No magazine so add another $10. Honestly, complete rifles are stupid cheap right now, so that's what I'd recommend.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (48KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
48KB, 640x300px
>>
>>33318659
I bought a complete upper (w/ bcg and charging handle) for $260 a few weeks ago. I assembled the lower myself with a PSA parts kit, Anderson receiver and some Colt odds and ends I had lying around. I'm not happy with the rifle so far, but it's an easy platform to improve upon.
>>
>>33319489
>I doubt that.
Maybe for a PTAC. Though I've heard terrible things about them.
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (2MB, 3219x2113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
2MB, 3219x2113px
>>33319489
I got my Complete upper with a MBUS sight for 229 over Christmas. I bought the complete magpul lower for 150 as well. It came to about 500 with everything (BCG, CH, shipping, FFL costs) and it's a great rifle so far. Only shot about 150 rounds through it but it's accurate as fuck. Once I get a light on it and maybe a foregrip it will definitely become my HD weapon.

Mine was a "PSA" model (not PTAC) with a nitride finished barrel too which is nice to have. I'm too poor to shoot enough ammo to where I'd probably ever notice the difference between a 4140 steel barrel and the 4150V Nitride finished barrel that I have, but it's nice to have.
>>
>>33318659
lurk red dit com/r/gundeals use a virtual cc if you shop from PSA they've had issues with #s being stolen
>>
>>33319623
i've only ever heard "don't get PTAC" but nobody ever says why.
>>
>>33320581
lets say youve got 2 hamburgers one is normal and the other ones been dropped on the floor and stepped on. its still in the wrapper. even if its deformed as fuck its still clean and edible,
now the squished hambuger costs 70% what the standard burger costs. do you knowingly buy something thats fucked up but functional to save 30%?
>>
>>33320246
what
>>
>>33320892
I've heard about it too. Mind you, I only HEARD about it. It could be bs or an isolated incident. Allegedly, a lot of people have been reporting false charges coming up on their credit card statements after ordering from PSA. Someone there is stealing credit card information (allegedly).
>>
>>33320945
I ordered from them in Jan and have had no problems
>>
>>33318659
>>33319489
Midwayusa has a sale going for AR Stoner complete uppers(250 bucks). From the reviews it sounds like they're decent budget parts.
>>
>>33319976
>the cali style 10 round cuck clip
>>
>>33322359
thats a 20 ya mook
>>
>>33320945
just watch your credit card activity for a few months and flag/dispute anything that isn't gucci
>>
>>33322467
>>33320945
I've ordered plenty of stuff and it all looks fine to me. Will keep an eye out if that changes.
>>33318659
Their $200 upper doesn't come with a bolt or charging handle.
Cheapest one that does is $270
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-1-7-stainless-freedom-upper-with-bcg-and-ch.html
Complete lower is $130, making it $400 before shipping, transfer, rear sight and magazines.

You can go slightly cheaper, but I wouldn't advise it.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/ptac-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-socom-nitrate-rifle-kit.html
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-blemished-safe-fire-lower.html
That's $390 but you'd have to build the lower. It's also PTAC so I'd spend the extra $10 and save yourself the hassle. Plus a buffer tube wrench (which you'll need) would probably eat that $10 savings anyway.

If you're thinking of doing that anyway, get this instead:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-stainless-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-freedom-rifle-kit-with-mbus-rear-site-43526.html

It's more money but it comes with a decent $50 rear sight and by being a kit it allows you to source the lower from an LGS and mail order the kit to complete it yourself.
>>
Also a personal preference, but I want to put it out there:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-melonite-pencil-profile-freedom-upper-w-out-bcg-or-ch.html

Pencil uppers are a little more expensive, but I just got one and I love it. Cuts a lot of weight off the rifle and specifically off the front of it. This shifts the point of balance back making the rifle point and carry much better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.