[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good are those upgraded Kfirs Israel exports? Would they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

How good are those upgraded Kfirs Israel exports? Would they be nice for small countries that need to keep cost down?
>>
They get the job done for third world countries looking for counter insurgency and light attack aircraft

Outdated for modern war, which is why the Israeli's retired the Kfir long ago.
>>
>>33316397

IAI markets it as a low-end Gen4 replacement with 40 years of guarantee, I know that's probably marketing talk but it appears to be a good offer
>>
>>33316412
It can take on MiG-21's, 23's, F-5s, F-4's, maybe even a F-16A. It's outdated but not hopeless.
>>
File: 1476997388876.jpg (69KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
1476997388876.jpg
69KB, 960x701px
>>33316397
>modern war

Modern war is shooting at armed sand niggers among unarmed sand niggers in the ruins of civilization.
>>
>>33316376

No. "refurbished" fighter jets are a meme.

>>33316545
>Modern war is shooting at armed sand niggers among unarmed sand niggers in the ruins of civilization.

neck yourself
>>
File: 1482607206001.jpg (237KB, 1199x631px) Image search: [Google]
1482607206001.jpg
237KB, 1199x631px
>>33316569

Why are you mad.

Your idea of modern warfare is obsolete.

Sand nigger wars are the future.
>>
>>33316580

Just because asymmetric warfare exists does not mean symmetric warfare is over. Especially since countries still maintain conventional forces.
>>
>>33316798
do you even 4th generation warfare bro
>>
>>33316820

Not an argument.
>>
>>33316798
I'm a different anon than the one who keeps repeating sand nigger like it'll make him cool buuuuuuut I do have to agree that the chance of seeing modern well equipped armies going toe to toe is fairly small.

Yes Russia, China, or even the Norks (if they get REALLY lucky) could make a serious attack somewhere but modern warfare has shown that when two technological powers go up against each in serious numbers (see first gulf war) other the one with the best tech wins. The Iraqis had a very large army for their country and had lots of equipment from the Russians under 20-30 years old and they got their shit pushed in in a matter of days not counting the weeks in advance when our planes danced through their skies like we owned the place (cause we did).

Not only that this isn't WWII when you can have factory go from making cars to tanks in a few months. The stuff we fight with now is so technologically advanced that new production couldn't be brought online before the side with better planes and rockets bombs the other one back to the stone age.

For example, look at ISIS, they've had YEARS of running around the sandbox and had a fair number of decently educated folks, even captured a few jets. Yet they rely on suicide bombers and small arms because if they had a permanent organized force it would be wiped out so fast (if civilian deaths weren't an issue.

We've basically gone full circle, wars used to be fought with the forces you have at the start without much hope of getting resupplied then WWI and WWII happened and that idea got turned on its head. Now the weapons are so deadly, so precise, and the countries that use them have images from fucking space showing were the other guys tanks and ships are that if shooting war broke out it'd be a few weeks of heavy bombing attacks and the losing conventional force would be basically destroyed with no hope of rebuilding.
>>
>>33316930
Of course that's not taking into account nuclear weapons and things like boomer subs that could retaliate if the conventional forces are about to be wiped out or the country is about to fall.

Though if you start dropping nukes its not a conventional war anyways.

Face the hard truth, the idea of modern armies seriously fighting with hundreds or thousands of tanks, ships, planes, etc complete with hundreds of thousands/millions of men for any period of time lasting more than a few months is simply ludicrous and not something I expect to see in my lifetime.

It'll either be a short skirmish followed by WWIII or more things like the Crimea where dudes just show up and say "this is ours now, fuck off" with no BIG conventional decisive battles taking place.
>>
>>33316820
It wasn't meant as one but clearly the joke sailed over your head.
>>
>>33316930
>>33316985

You are mistaking the reduction of raw firepower in exchanged for networked, smarter firepower.

Conventional warfare is not over. So long as states exist, conventional warfare will.
>>
File: 1488499093807.jpg (30KB, 545x453px) Image search: [Google]
1488499093807.jpg
30KB, 545x453px
>>33317227
>So long as states exist,

Yeah about that..

Your boy Hillary and Soros are working hard to abolish those things and usher in a Brave New World of open borders and open markets and one large brown race of mongrelized Muslims.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.