[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my dad gave me a box of old ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0942.jpg (953KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
953KB, 2592x1936px
So I recently acquired my first handgun (a CZ SP-01 tactical) and was telling my dad about it when he told me he had some old 9mm rounds from when's he used to own something in the caliber. He send to the bottom of an ammo can and handed this to me. Is it any good? Should I shoot it or not?
>>
>>33315617
We cant tell you anything without a picture of the fucking ammo itself
>>
>>33315617
Your question belongs herr.
>>33313921
>>
>>33315617
Some gun shops will pay extra for old vintage ammo in their boxes. Especially if they're from places that no longer sell firearms or firearm related things, places like; Target, Sears, or Abercrombie and Fitch.
>>
>>33315640
Oh, so the front page can be filled with cancerous generals?
Go fuck yourself you retarded faggot.

I'm not even the OP.
>>
Unless the brass is corroded to fuck and greener than my taint, it's fine. Shoot it, keep the box and shells.

Vintage hydra shok is about as desirable as currently manufacured hydra shok. yours isn't even that old.

That said, if you're the sentimental type, keep it in your safe until you're old and gray and toss it at your son.
>>
>>33315658
>>33315640
Unfortunately, anon is right
If this topic was in the dtdt then it would barely be seen
Now I don't care if this guy gets helped or not, but I wouldnt get to see this all, or experience its residual knowledge without it being a dedicated thread
>>
>>33315640
get the fuck out of here, trying to turn /k/ into /tv/, /v/, and general bullshit threads
qtddtot is hidden on sight, every time, the OP question is the only topic in there that gets any proper attention
>>33315658
this
>>
File: IMG_0944.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px)
IMG_0944.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33315639
Okay is this better?
>>
>>33315729
That shit looks fine to shoot. Go for it, if you really want to.
>>
>>33315729
Just to be clear, with ammo that old I wouldn't trust for self defense, you don't know if the primers or powder has gone bad, even if they were stored in a can.

Blasting watermelons, removing pests, or just holding onto them is what I would recommend.
>>
ammo isnt clams
shit dont go bad
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px)
IMG_0856.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33315769
I mean I was planning on just keeping it in a mag and using it as sort of a nightstand gun ammo. The box says it's from 1993, should I really not trust it?
>>33315680
I don't know much about defensive ammo. Is Hydra shok any good?
>>
>>33315834
I really wouldn't trust 13 year old commercial ammo with my life.
>>
>>33315859
and this is when I realize I'm fucking old.
>>
>>33315834
Hydra shok was the gold standard for self defense cartridges in the 90s. hell, still is for a lot of people.

Provided the ammo is still OK, it's perfectly good.
>>
>>33315859
It's more like 24 years old. But people use old 7.62x54r from long before that. How old is too old for ammo?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.