[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 27

File: m4-carbine-006.jpg (85KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
m4-carbine-006.jpg
85KB, 1200x800px
>There is literally nothing wrong with having a carbine length quad rail on your 16 inch AR
>Most gun owners wouldn't know how to handle a life or death situation in which they had to use a firearm
>Standing still and shooting at a static target in your tacticool regalia with your $2,000 1911 while being yelled at by some tattooed stooge who was a supply sergeant in the marines doesn't make you prepared for people shooting at you.
>>
>>33307995
>Standing still and shooting at a static target in your tacticool regalia with your $2,000 1911 while being yelled at by some tattooed stooge who was a supply sergeant in the marines doesn't make you prepared for people shooting at you.
Good point OP I'll head downtown and get better experience in a gunfight with cops, that's for making me reevaluate my training.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 500x750px
SKSs are obsolete compared to the ar 15
>>
Everything is obsolete compared to the ar-15.
>>
I don't care about anybody on a gun forum's opinions. People are too obsessed with "muh gun community" to the point that they just parrot what other people say whether right or wrong.
>>
>>33309079
No you dingus he's implying you need to sign your life to the oil companies to provide servix in killing muslim kiddies
>>
Rifle training classes where you LARP as an operator in a plate carrier are completely useless if you're not LE/military. Handgun courses are infinitely more useful and less cringeworthy
>>
using a fullsize rifle for HD is retarded and you're far better off using a handgun or shotgun.
>>
>>33309143
people buy them because they used to be cheap and they go blat

not because they think they are better than an AR
>>
>>33309201
But... I did that, and I got yelled at and shot at steel targets while static but with my tacticool rifle instead.
>>
>The US and other NATO won't and shouldn't change calibers from 5.56/7.62 for at least another 50 years
>Full auto is a meme that too many people desire for some reason
>eotechs are garbage and should be viewed as garbage
>If your next red dot purchase isn't a trijicon MRO, you do not understand the purpose of a red dot and do not need one for what you are capable of doing
>tape switches are archaic and anybody who still uses one is a try hard who has never actually shot in the dark.
>Rifle ammo should be sold in boxes of 60
>99% of people who enlist are low IQ fuckups who have nothing else to offer to the world other than their death
>people do like my fedora
>>
File: Heh.jpg (115KB, 659x561px) Image search: [Google]
Heh.jpg
115KB, 659x561px
>>33309143

I think you confused "unpopular opinion" with "unarguable fact" anon.
>>
>>33307995

My unpopular opinion?

I'm glad civvies buy the military meme, as it allows me to sham and skate throughout life as a whole.
>>
>>33309229

Fuck you.
>>
>banning handguns would be the most effective way to control gun violence in the US
>>
Firearms will never again be used to resist tyranny in the United States.
>>
>>33309229
That's unpopular? Shotguns are far superior in a HD situation if you live in an urban area (which most of us do). Who would even argue that?
>>
>>33310820
>no
>>
>"Training" is a meme for civilians (that includes LEO) and in 99.9% of situations where you'll need to use your CCW someone who only shoots at static paper targets at the range will perform basically just as well as someone who shells out thousands of shekels a year for elite operator warfighter tactical courses
>>
>>33310780
>t. pog
>>
File: 809.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
809.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>33309309
>eotechs are garbage and should be viewed as garbage
>If your next red dot purchase isn't a trijicon MRO, you do not understand the purpose of a red dot and do not need one for what you are capable of doing
>99% of people who enlist are low IQ fuckups who have nothing else to offer to the world other than their death
>>
>>33310864
Handguns are used in most of the gun crimes. They're easy to conceal. It's not like people would be walking around with rifles and shotguns as much as people do with handguns.
>>
File: IMG_8864.jpg (2MB, 3932x2948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8864.jpg
2MB, 3932x2948px
>>33309309
Full auto is only desired because it's fucking fun and the government should have any say on limiting it
>>
>>33310892
Shouldn't*
>>
>>33309309
>>If your next red dot purchase isn't a trijicon MRO, you do not understand the purpose of a red dot and do not need one for what you are capable of doing
My TRS-25's beg to differ.
>>
>>33310850
>>33309229
>what is overpenetration
5.56 will fragment upon a hard surface. If you're using anything else then you should expect to deal with your neighbors.
>>
>>33307995
You should have to go through an at least a couple hours of training and classes before you can get a license for a certain type of gun.
We shouldn't take anything away from people, but I feel like 4 or 5 1-hour long classes before taking your test would stop a lot of nigs. Also maybe have the test not be so easy.
>>
>>33310795
If people want to raise an issue with a particular brand they should do so by documenting a clear list of gripes and offer that opinion for discussion and critique, not blow up a board with constant rage posting.
>>
Paying for retarded training doesn't prepare you for people shooting at you either. Hell, military training doesn't even prepare you for it. The only way you get used to having people shoot at you is for people to actually shoot at you in anger. I don't give a shit if you had to crawl under barbed wire while they shot a machine gun above your heads. At the end of the day you know you aren't going to get shot and it's just training and therefore you mind and body don't really acclimate to it. And they won't until the day comes when you hear those shots and realize that the person shooting them is TRYING to hit you.
>>
>>33310943
Thx 4 serv
>>
>>33307995
That's not a 16" AR anon.
>>
>>33307995
This is gonna sound contrarian or like something I don't believe, but,
revolvers are more practical than semi-automatic pistols, semi-automatic pistols have a huge aesthetic plus.

In almost any given scenario as a civilian, you don't need more than 6 shots. Not only that, but GIGN deduced that revolvers are better for hostage situations due to limited shot count, causing the shoot to pull the trigger less and aim more. First guy through the door in Paris killed 3 mudshits with his .357
Not jamming is also a plus, but pistols jam infrequently anyway, unless the brand is shit.

Meanwhile revolvers look less aesthetically pleasing to me than semi-auto pistols, which are smooth and clean, with an action that is more fun to watch.
>>
>>33310921
>5.56 will fragment upon a hard surface
That's not an unpopular opinion, that's a straight up myth that's not backed up by data in any way.
>>
>>33310845
Never is a long time, can you really be so sure?

God knows what the US will look like two-three centuries from now.
>>
>>33310845
>never
Kek. The United States probably won't even exist in its current form in a hundred years, m8.
>>
Collections will not make you happy.
The obsession over getting the latest BLEEDING EDGE cartridge is autistic as fuck, .300 blackout or 6.5 grendel won't make them any more dead than dead. If 5.56 won't kill them your shot placement needs work, not you gun. .357 SIG is just slightly faster 9mm. 9mm +P exists and is close enough for much less.
Compact carry guns are silly, a full size can be concealed fairly easily even by a manlet or average woman.
Handguns suck ballistically outside of fuckhuge hunting revolvers, anything over 9x18 mak and under .357 mag is basically the same out of a normal sized barrel.

>>33310921
This. 5.56's greatest shortcoming as a military cartridge makes it perfect for home defense.
>>
>>33310921
>>33311119
My shotgun fires 9 'bullets' with one pull of the trigger. I'll stick with the guarantee over the possibility that the 5.56 might fragment and won't just be a glorified .22
>>
>>33307995
There's some humor in the fact that their thumb is literally covering their laser with that grip, and that a long handguard could prevent that potential problem.
>>
File: dshk.jpg (246KB, 2558x1343px) Image search: [Google]
dshk.jpg
246KB, 2558x1343px
the DSHK is the best heavy machinegun in the world due to the 14.7mm round and the muzzle velocity,
>>
>>33311261
Do you really think that those "bullets" are going to spread far within your home? Are you not worried about the potential overpenetration?

Did you know you can buy 5.56 that frags down to 1800-1900 fps?

Did you know that the amount of 5.56 rounds that I can fit in my gun allows me to place more than 3-4 times effective shots into potentially multiple targets?

Your opinion is unpopular because its irrational.
>>
>>33311119
>Collections will not make you happy.
Lies. My collection brings me a lot of joy, and so do the thoughts of expanding it.
>>
>>33307995
>There is literally nothing wrong with having a carbine length quad rail on your 16 inch AR
Cannot mount bayonet. Into the trash compactor it goes.
>>
File: 1408492127629.jpg (105KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408492127629.jpg
105KB, 387x500px
>>33311408
>DSHK
>14.7mm

wat?
KPV shoots 14.5 but im not aware of a 14.7
>>
>>33311492
Spears are easy to build and you will never need one.
>>
lasers on the left, he's not covering it up, rifle has a slip ring, how you going to put a full length handguard on that? rework the whole barrel? don't be stupid.
>>
the role of rifles is virtually meaningless on the modern battlefield compared to machine guns, yet they are never discussed
>>
>>33311315
no it's not
>>
>>33310932
>Implying nigs obtain guns legally.
>>
>>33307995
Deep down, poorfags wish they could be gear queers.
>>
>>33307995
Defending the constitution doesn't mean anything because different people have different interpretations of it and defending the constitution from the government is an oxymoron because the constitution is essentially the government.
>>
File: President_Reagan.jpg (1MB, 2399x3000px) Image search: [Google]
President_Reagan.jpg
1MB, 2399x3000px
>But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.
>>
File: Kp6RN00.png (46KB, 1200x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Kp6RN00.png
46KB, 1200x1314px
>>33311607
>>
>hickok45 is comfy to watch but is highly overrated
>COIN aircraft are basically necessary
>non-SBR ARs with barrels under 18 inches just look incorrect
>the USCG is important
>if you're a great shooter with optics and a poor shooter with irons, you're not a great shooter
>quad rails are stupid unless you actually utilize all four sides. If you have two or more rail covers on your gun you shouldn't have a quad rail on your rifle
>virtually any longarm made would be better if you increased its length of pull by one or two inches
>I'd rather have irons or a red dot on top of my rifle with my magnified optic offset than have the magnified optic on top with the red dot/irons offset
>>
File: fatthumbs.jpg (76KB, 820x500px) Image search: [Google]
fatthumbs.jpg
76KB, 820x500px
>>33311595
It is.

And, in addition, a longer foreend would allow you to put that tape switch in an ergonomic spot that allows you to support the weapon better.
>>
>>33310892
What happened to the forward assist, brass deflector and dust cover? What a strange upper receiver.
>>
>>33311613
>the constitution is essentially the government.

kek, retard. The Constitution hasn't had anything to do with the government since the 1960's.
>>
File: m16-2.jpg (107KB, 1632x1088px) Image search: [Google]
m16-2.jpg
107KB, 1632x1088px
>>33307995

>The AR-18(0) would be commercially successful in the US if it accepted AR-15 mags
>AKs are overrated and ugly
>the ATF should consider trigger groups themselves to be the legal firearm, i.e you ought to be able to buy an AR-15 with everything except the trigger, a receiver with a third hole isnt a machine gun
>theres nothing wrong with sporterizing milsurp aslong as its tasteful
>issf shooting is a legit form of competition for shooters around the world because nearly all countries allow air rifles
>theres no reason why A2 furniture and gas blocks/front sight posts should be on commercial ARs, all you need is just one big ass rail from the the charging handle to the end of the forearm
>submachine guns are obsolete
>open carry is fucking retarded and makes all gun owners look bad, please dont carry your rifle in walmart
>>
>>33311505
12.7 .MY bad, but yah it's better than the M2 in every way except for it's muzzle brake. It fires the gas into the shooter.
>>
File: mp.jpg (18KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
mp.jpg
18KB, 638x359px
>>33311663

well you and nancy can eat my ass and balls
>>
5.45x39 is the perfect intermediate rifle round.
>>
>>33311764

inb5 6mm fags have a conniption
>>
>>33311712
that's a peq 16, the emitter is way off to the left.

I mean, I agree with you on handguard length but it definitely doesn't look like his thumb is covering it
>>
>>33311745
Kord is a wwaaayyy better HMG.
>>
>>33310891
What are cut down rifles? What are 3D printed pistols? What are the 100 million plus handguns in circulation, maybe 2/3rds of will get turned in? What are the guns that foreign criminals will impirt?
>>
>>33310932
>financial and time based barriers to entry on a birthright

Not this time, feinstein
>>
File: cn_t77.jpg (77KB, 650x603px) Image search: [Google]
cn_t77.jpg
77KB, 650x603px
>>33311913
I have fired both of these and I agree that the KORD is a better Ruskii HMG the only proem with the latter More is that the spent shell's get stuck in that forward ejecting port but other then that yes it is better. Although chink HMGs are cooler looking.
>>
>>33310919
My TRS-25 is fucking garbage with shit battery life and double-dot that isn't bright enough.
>>
>>33311712
do not really need it except at night for you NVGs. I am sure he will adjust it
>>
>over-penetration is a myth
when it comes to carry ammo, you are far, far, far more likely to simply miss your intended target. this is the real danger, your projectile passing through a target, bones and everything, then hitting someone you did not intend to shoot, and injuring or killing them is such a far removed idea that it should not be taken into consideration when choosing your carry ammunition. if you shoot through a target and hit something unintended it was a bad shoot, and you broke one of the cardinal rules of gun safety: know what is in front of and beyond your target. guaranteed fucking replies.
>>
>>33312174
You're right, people don't take overpenetration seriously enough sometimes. Some people even advocate using flat nosed FMJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX3gpJ-GAy0

This guy shows even .380 FMJ has a serious risk of overpenetration.
>>
File: freshly_buttered_keks.jpg (911KB, 2389x2093px) Image search: [Google]
freshly_buttered_keks.jpg
911KB, 2389x2093px
>>33309079
Checked and keked
>>
People on /k/ who use the word "obsolete" don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Does it load modern self-contained metal cartridges? Does it make them go "boom", followed by a chunk of metal coming out of the barrel at a high enough speed to kill a person or animal? If yes, then it's not obsolete, and if you say it is, then all you're proving is that you don't understand what the word "obsolete" means.

Similarly, this place is infested with mall ninjas who think they are, or are going to be, "operators". These people are delusional. Hey idiot - there's about a 99% chance that you will never fire a gun at another human being, and even if you do, there's about a 99% chance it will be some teenage dindu gangbanger or strung-out crackhead against which any "obsolete" firearm will be more than enough. For similar reasons, caliber snobs are full of shit. Street punks don't wear body armor, and virtually any chunk of metal going at very high speed will be enough to stop them.

Yes, there is a nontrivial chance that the United States will break up sometime in the next half century. If so, it will probably not be violently - this country just doesn't have the taste for ideological bloodshed that it did in 1861.

On a related note, if S really ever does HTF, small arms will be only a small part of a realistic survival strategy, and people who center on them are in for some nasty surprises. This old War Nerd column explains exactly why: http://exiledonline.com/war-nerd-apocalypse-never/all/1/

Long story short, if you actually want to survive SHTF, a closet full of rifles is the wrong answer. The right answer is: Move to a small town in farm country with a stable, natural fresh water supply, grow a garden, take first aid training, join a church, make friends with your neighbors, become an upstanding part of the community. One guy with a hundred guns isn't going to make it; a hundred guys with one reliable gun each - plus farmland and fresh water - will make it.
>>
>>33311743
>>theres nothing wrong with sporterizing milsurp aslong as its tasteful

Mutilating a historic antique is never "tasteful".
>>
>>33312389
Obsolete does not mean unusable, it also does not mean non useful. A dell from 1998 will connect you to the Internet and let you shitpost all you want, but it's still fucking obsolete because for the same money you spent tracking down and buying that bastard you could have bought a Walmart tablet that does everything the dell does even better
>>
>>33311261
Dude you get .35-.9 inches of spread per yard traveled depending on choke and load. The 1 in/yard "rule" describes the maximum you might get with the shittiest conditions. Unless you're doing some dumbass shit like using M855 for HD, a rifle will be better. Faster follow up, less recoil, and if you use the correct type of ammo (eg Hornady Urban TAP or equivalent) you're going to have less of an issue with over penetration than you will with your 9 shots of equivalent 9mm ball.
>>
>>33312452
>A dell from 1998 will connect you to the Internet and let you shitpost all you want, but it's still fucking obsolete because for the same money you spent tracking down and buying that bastard you could have bought a Walmart tablet that does everything the dell does even better

Somebody who gets shot with a Marlin 1894 is going to be just as dead as somebody who gets shot with an AR-15. That Dell, on the other hand, will be trying to load modern webpages over a 56k modem on a browser that wouldn't know HTML5 from a hole in the ground. So I'm not sure this is a very good analogy.
>>
>>33312011
He is objectively correct. Most crimes are done with handguns. Asking questions won't make you less wrong
>>
>>33310820
>>banning handguns would be the most effective way to control gun violence in the US

>handguns

That's sure an odd way to spell "niggers"
>>
Cold Steel knives are perfectly fine.

Shotguns are completely obsolete for everything but doors and birds.

Hard armor outside of anything other than actual warfare is a liability rather than benefit.

Keeping your HD or CCW weapon with an empty chamber isn't a real issue.

The differences between any commonly compared firearms or calibers are always too negligible to matter.

There is no reason to buy milsurp over modern production guns other than collecting.

Slings get in the way more often than they're helpful.

Form is just as important as function.

A basic utility knife is far superior to any traditional pocket knife nine times out of ten.

Everything made by Magpul is functional yet low quality.
>>
>>33311008
Basic physics. Law of inertia.
9mm and .45 have a higher mass than 5.56.

m193 can be deflected by thick brush and will fragment on impact with a surface with the same or higher tensile strength than skin out of a 20 inch barrel.

All data on the terninal ballistics of mil spec 5.56mm can be found from the collected writings of Dr. Martin Fackler.

A condensed and simplified writeup can be found on sofrep by Dr. Dan Pronk, formerly of SOTG, Australian Defence Force.
>>
>>33310998
>in almost any given scenario as a civilian, you don't need more than 6 shots

Impossible to determine, level and degree of training will impact this significantly.

>Not only that, but GIGN deduced that revolvers are better for hostage situations due to limited shot count, causing the shoot to pull the trigger less and aim more.

Does this discount the (on average) heavier initial trigger pull of DA/SA revolvers compared to common LE/MIL issue semi-autos?
>>
>>33311261
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/04/myth-busting-1-per-yard-shotgun-pattern-spreads/
>>
the arguments against drugs and medication could be applied to firearms and they are both a birthright which should respected
>>
File: 1481587410830.png (103KB, 231x265px) Image search: [Google]
1481587410830.png
103KB, 231x265px
>>33312581
why is armor a liability?

also i think civilians should be able to buy and posses ap ammo.. its not unheard of for criminals to wear body armor
>>
>>33309229
thats not an opinion, thats a statement that happens to be incorrect. there is literally no reason not to use a full sized AR if you cant afford to sbr/suppress it. there is no argument against it that doesnt apply to handguns and shotguns, but there are arguments against the handgun and shotgun that dont apply to the AR
>>
>>33312630
Not armor, hard armor. Soft armor has a very established place whereas plates are 10+ lbs of bullshit strapped to your chest that will only impede you.
>>
>>33312389
>I stick revolvers up my ass on a daily basis

You are right about the mindset that preppers have, your community and resources other than firearms are infinitely more important than a cheap rifle collection. But you still need a gun.
>>
>>33307995
How do you think the prats in the army are trained to shoot at someone and remain calm? Some tattooed stooge screams at them while they shoot.
I do agree most gun owners wouldn't know how to handle an actual self defence without training
>>
>>33312482
>That Dell, on the other hand, will be trying to load modern webpages over a 56k modem on a browser that wouldn't know HTML5 from a hole in the ground. So I'm not sure this is a very good analogy.

That Marlin on the other hand, will not only hold 10 rounds at maximum capacity, but takes more time to reload than any removable magazine based weapon. While you're feeding more 357 into the tube I'll be putting five more rounds through your concealment.
>>
>>33310820
I live in South Africa. We have some of the nicest gun laws in the world. Second only to America. Here all firearms are regulated and require a licence for any firearm you purchase. So we essentially have gun control that may shut up most libtard in America for a while. We still have a shit ton of gun crime commitee with pistols. Pistols that were never legal. Old soviet pistols from old arms caches smuggled in. And guess what we have an abundance of here? Not guns... No niggers. You ban niggers in the US most crime will clear up. Fuck kaffirs (SA word for niggers) and fuck gun control
>>
>>33311709

All good except quaddies. For us with NODs it's practically a requirement. I've been glad for the space to slap on not only my PEQ, but an IR illum in addition to my white light.

Those ladder rail covers are great for this exact reason, peel right off.
>>
>>33312763
Hey, if you're using the space I wouldn't give oyu shit for it.
My issue is when people throw on a quad rail and only ever use it for a front sight and a foregrip.
Then you've got two railed sides hanging out and doing nothing but making your gun look ugly.
>>
>>33312689
Again, this springs from a scenario that, outside of a wartime battlefield, has next to zero chance of happening. Minutes-long gun battles in civilian settings are pretty much completely the stuff of shit-tier TV cop shows. In the vast majority of self-defense encounters, you will never have to reload, because you will have either put an attacker on the ground with one or two shots, or - even more likely - will have sent them running at the mere sight of your gun. Seriously, the vast majority of the time someone pulls a gun in self-defense - which in itself is pretty statistically rare - the encounter ends with the aggressor simply running away. Actual street criminals are cowards who are just out for some quick cash, and niggers talk tough, but scamper away like scared rats at the first sign that a victim might be able to fight back.

Seriously, you'd have to be both extremely unlucky and have epically shit-tier aim to ever need more than ten rounds anywhere except a genuine war zone.

(And for the record, no, I don't think the government should ban high capacity magazines. You should be able to buy them if you like them - but let's be realistic here.)
>>
>>33312783

IMHO look at the rail, and it tells the story. I don't leave my noodle gear on the rifle, so to most judgemental Fudds I am one of those plebs.

KAC or the Troy quaddies? Don't fuck with that guy. I'd even say Block 2 clones are OK.

Some random no-name, or low tier quaddie with an AFG or folding grip? Before they even shoot I know it's going to be steel casings flying out.

My unpopular opinion?
>Backup Iron sights are cancer

See: Proctor, prob the only AR guy who knows what's up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPbpNX406U
>>
>>33307995
>Most gun owners wouldn't know how to handle a life or death situation in which they had to use a firearm

This is a fucking fact.
>>
>>33307995
>>Most gun owners wouldn't know how to handle a life or death situation in which they had to use a firearm
>>Standing still and shooting at a static target in your tacticool regalia with your $2,000 1911 while being yelled at by some tattooed stooge who was a supply sergeant in the marines doesn't make you prepared for people shooting at you.

These two.

Getting shot at makes most people freeze and the only way to get out of that is train for it or getting shot at in real life and surviving.

I got shot at by a dumbass fucker during training. He didn't realize there were friendlies and stopped once the officers overseeing the exercise realized what was going. Once I got up and found the foureyed fucker out I punched him so hard he lost consciousness.

Years later met the asshole at a family reunion. Turned out he is my second cousin.
>>
>>33311722
it's green lizerd faggoty side charging AR which is a piece of crap, so much that he's basically switching everything in that upper despite being warned it was shit for months.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 500x375px
>>33307995

I like front sight posts and carbine length rails and polymer hand guards.

I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Only own one smaller free float and it's the least aesthetically pleasuring AR in the safe.

I wish my barrels were shorter then 16 though.
>>
>>33312754
Where in SA do you live? Is it true what they say about having to live in gated communities and hiring private security contractors?
>>
>>33313107
Private security Yup. But not necessarily gated communities. I just live in a suburb I'm based on Johannesburg
>>
File: 1489413502067.jpg (17KB, 499x306px) Image search: [Google]
1489413502067.jpg
17KB, 499x306px
>Glocks are good guns. That's it, not great, not horrible. Just good.
>No matter the amount of shit you put on your gun, if youre a fat fuck or can't hit anything, you're still shit.
>Cheaper guns that work are good guns, doesn't make you a poorfag, just someone who understands value.
>Being military doesn't mean shit about you and guns
>If you don't own a certain gun, you can't say shit about it. You can say you heard things about it, but without the experience, you dont really fucking now.
>Guns haven't really evolved since Vietnam.
>Every stupid tactical cuck deserves to fuck themselves.
>>
>>33312341
checked what you autist?
>>
>>33312856
>outside of a wartime battlefield
that´s what weapons are for, and the context in which they are said to be obsolete, you galactic autist
>>
>>33309229
This dumbass faggot is still ass blasted that his choices for HD are shit.
>>
Detachable mags on SKS look dumb
>>
>>33312581
>Hard armor outside of anything other than first world country playing in sandbox is a liability rather than benefit.
Fixed.
>>
>>33310878

Exactly. All of my work is lent an air of extra professionalism because of the public buying into the military meme. Skates, skates, skates.
>>
>>33311459
When are you going to buy my MAS 49/56 though?
>>
>>33310998

You don't own any guns.
>>
>>33312856
>Again, this springs from a scenario that, outside of a wartime battlefield, has next to zero chance of happening.
>*screeching intensifies*
http://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc
>>
>no one actually knows how lethal bullets are. ballistic data is much too circumstantial to make any reasonable claims.
>>
>>33314309
>>outside of a wartime battlefield
>that´s what weapons are for, and the context in which they are said to be obsolete, you galactic autist

So nobody owns guns - or has a reason to - outside of a wartime battlefield?
>>
>>33309309

can't tell if never served or shitty 1st lieutenant who didn't make captain because couldn't into respect or bearing.
>>
>>33314644
>>Again, this springs from a scenario that, outside of a wartime battlefield, has next to zero chance of happening.

I said "next to zero" instead of "absolutely zero" for a reason. Yes, I'm sure that someone can dig up a few isolated examples here and there. But the odds of something like this happening to any individual are tiny. You'll almost certainly never have to draw a gun for self-defense, and if you do, you'll almost certainly never have to fire it, and if you do, you'll almost certainly never have to reload it. I'm not saying that reloading is no concern at all, but that concern about it is vastly overemphasized compared to the actual odds of it being an issue.
>>
>>33312647
>being this poor
I hope you get robbed with an Ar pistol
>>
>>33314285

>Guns haven't evolved since Vietnam

U wot?
>>
>>33312040
Brutally honest. I've gone through three or four of them and they're pretty shit. I thought it was just an issue so i sent it in for another, the new one was the same. Repeated and I guess that's just how they make them. pretty shitty.
>>
>>33311743
>The AR-18(0) would be commercially successful in the US if it accepted AR-15 mags
They already did that. It was the AR-180B and stopped production after 3(?) years. They tried pricing it the same as the ar-15s on the market for some incredibly dumb reason.
>>
File: 1485233878778.png (2MB, 1152x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1485233878778.png
2MB, 1152x1130px
>>33311709
>Hickok45 is overrated
In what way? I've never noticed people really overhyping him, just people enjoying his stuff because it's like having a good time shooting for fun with ultra manmore Grampa, tons of corny jokes included.
>>
>>33307995
Trump successfully building the wall will mean cutting off the best way to bring in arms if gun rights start getting stripped away in the future.
>>
>>33310850
>Shotguns are far superior in a HD situation
if you enjoy being deaf, sure
>>
>>33312754
>Not guns... No niggers. You ban niggers in the US most crime will clear up
you've clearly never been to the meth states here in the us
>>
File: Leaf SKS.jpg (47KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf SKS.jpg
47KB, 660x440px
>>33314340
If you think that's bad, you should see how they butcher SKSs up here in leafland
>>
>>33314593
Oh shit, I thought you sold it already. Still up for sale?
>>
>>33312647
>10+ lbs of armor
>Being this mad you're poor
>>
File: 1471213549773.jpg (29KB, 960x434px) Image search: [Google]
1471213549773.jpg
29KB, 960x434px
>>33312581
>Shotguns are completely obsolete for everything but doors and birds.

>Shotguns are completely obsolete for everything but doors and birds.

unless you live in a tiny apartment in close proximity to a gaggle of Jamals.

I can fire a spread that covers the whole hallway from the bedroom door.
>>
>>33315393
I'm not so bothered, as their SKSs are dirt cheap, and it's really the only combloc gun they can own.
>>
>>33314829
>You'll almost certainly never have to draw a gun for self-defense
Good argument against possession of guns.
>>
>>33309208
If you're doing a home defense course with live ammo body armor is often mandatory.
>>
>>33315505
Not an argument.
>>
>>33309201

>Not wanting to kill Muzzie Kids

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>33315515

No, you can't. You're not going to get meaningful spread until 8-10 yards, in which case you don't have a tiny apartment.
>>
>>33315337
>you've clearly never been to the meth states here in the us
You clearly don't into statistics.
>>
>>33310892

>SMOOTH
>>
>>33315569
>>You'll almost certainly never have to draw a gun for self-defense
>Good argument against possession of guns.

Not really. Your house will almost certainly never burn down, but that's not a good argument against possession of smoke detectors. When speaking on terms of self-defense (as opposed to hunting or simply enjoying punching holes in paper over long distances), guns are an emergency item. Like any emergency item, from a first aid kit to the seatbelt in your car, you won't need them 99.9999999999% of the time, and may never end up actually needing them at all. But if and when you do need them, you'll REALLY need them.
>>
>>33315515
My hallway is like, 4 feet wide, IF that. I just sit in the bedroom and wait.
>>
>>33315752
>>33315612
Shit, linked to wrong one.
>>
File: 1469112685014.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1469112685014.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>33312341
>>
>>33315045
They haven't developed all that much since ww2, and nearly not at all since 'Nam.
Slightly bigger bullet, slightly more accurate, slightly different recoil pattern- it's all nothing but tunning of the same old tech.
The last true innovation in firearms that I can think of, are Bullpups that were intreduced in the 70's.
>>
>>33309143
As someone who fucking loves SKS', I'm not going to argue. They're fun to get cheap, and fuck around with.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>33312581
>There is no reason to buy milsurp over modern production guns other than collecting.
>>
>>33309229
AR pistol master race
>>
>>33312389
>Hey idiot - there's about a 99% chance that you will never fire a gun at another human being, and even if you do, there's about a 99% chance it will be some teenage dindu gangbanger or strung-out crackhead against which any "obsolete" firearm will be more than enough
That's not fair, I'm sure more than 1% of CCW holders and misc other buffoons are gonna shoot someone who didn't have it coming and go down for manslaughter or murder 2, assuming they live in a first world country and not Louisana or Texas.
>>
>>33315393
I am both aroused and horrified
>>
>>33312581
>Keeping your HD or CCW weapon with an empty chamber isn't a real issue.
HD is one thing, but why the balls would you carry with an empty chamber?
>>
>>33309309
The one about enlisted people isn't totally wrong. I think it's closer to 50-70 percent though. In the Infantry at least.
>>
>>33311613
agreed
>>
>>33312681
Actually in the Army we didn't get yelled at much while we shot.

Imo, the best training as far as being calm in combat that we got were simunitions shoothouses where we fought our Drill Sarnts with paint rounds.
>>
File: IMG_6907.jpg (64KB, 690x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6907.jpg
64KB, 690x610px
>>33315598
>>
File: image.png (66KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66KB, 500x437px
>>33309201
(((Oil companies)))
>>
>>33309229
>unpopular

No, that's simply stupid.
>>
>>33307995
Not aesthetic.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>33315752
>>33315763

Your spread is still not that good. You're not gonna get a four foot spread.

Are you newgunz?
>>
>>33312630

Can I save your Tucker?
>>
>>33318651
Anyone who uses edgy as an insult needs to leave.
>>
>>33315916

There are fucking telescoping-barreled shoulder-fired fifty caliber weapons, weapons with fuckhuge capacity, rounds that are shorter and lighter that hit hard, guns that fire from suitcases, the polymer age, etc.

Are you fucking daft?
>>
i absolutely hate it when i see fat gun hobbyists. They've always got the DOTM and Moron Labia shit and it's just fucking disgusting.
>>
>>33311261
Those 9 pellets are also a fraction of the mass of a 5.56 round and won't penetrate as well, or fragment.
>>33311008
This nigger is dumb. What has more inertia, a 55gr bullet or a 124gr bullet?
>>
>>33310943
>Training isn't the same as the real thing
Well thanks there Captain Obvious. You were obviously too stupid to understand the point of your training in the military was so your job under fire was so ingrained that you could do it despite being shot at/scared shitless.

Also, stress is stress. Your body literally cannot tell the difference between an adrenaline rush from being in a training environment or an actually dangerous situation.
>>
>>33311613
This. At this point we've become so divided ideologically that "defending the constitution" is as ambiguous as "American values".
>>
>>33314740
>galactic austist
>>
>>33315337
Those "meth states" are still less violent than any state with a large proportion of blacks.
>>33315515
>I can fire a spread that covers the whole hallway from the bedroom door.
>muh "I don't have to aim a shotgun" meme
>>
>>33318922
He's just repeating a meme he doesn't actually understand.
>>
>>33310998
You are retarded and probably have never shot a revolver.
>>
>>33315337
Wealthy blacks commit more crime that poor white. That's a God damn fact.
>>
File: cc45Thz.jpg (80KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
cc45Thz.jpg
80KB, 640x635px
>>33319826
>Wealthy blacks commit more crime that poor white

There's no way you're actually fucking stupid enough to believe this, right?
>>
>>33309143
Thats not even an opinion, it's a simple fact.
>>
>>33307995
Any adult male who does not own at least one firearm, even something as mundane as a single shot 12ga. Is a literal bitch. I don't care where you're from.
>>
>>33309309
>>Full auto is a meme that too many people desire for some reason

Full auto is desired because it's enjoyable to shoot.

Every pre-86 owner I know freely admits that full auto isn't really useful for actually shooting people outside of niche circumstances.
>>
>>33320841
Because full auto fire is not now and never was intended for actually shooting people. It's for suppressive fire and being able to dump a fuck ton of lead into a certain area to make the bad dudes in that certain area shit their pants and stop shooting at you while you figure out how to kill them.
>>
>>33310998
This revolver fag was in the last thread too
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.