[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

k/ I need help identifying the year of this round, it is made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20170314-WA0043.jpg (104KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170314-WA0043.jpg
104KB, 720x1280px
k/ I need help identifying the year of this round, it is made by the CCI but I'm not sure what is the time of manufacturing. My Chinese mate found it while cleaning his house. Last military member of his family was his grandad. Picture related, those are the rounds.
>>
>>33305649

Year?

Good fucking luck. It's .22 mag, that's about all the info you're gonna get m8
>>
File: IMG-20170314-WA0039.jpg (53KB, 879x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170314-WA0039.jpg
53KB, 879x843px
Base
>>
File: IMG-20170314-WA0037.jpg (93KB, 843x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170314-WA0037.jpg
93KB, 843x850px
>>
>>33305649
why do you continue to make this useless thread. It's a CCI .22 magnum.
>>
>>33305649
I can date that round with 99% confidence to between 1963 and 2016.
>>
Vintage collector's edition. Some value has been lost because you touched it without gloves.
Would still get a safe for it or put in safe deposit box; this little piece of history could pay for your retirement one day.
>>
Fuck off with this dumb thread. It's a shitty old 22 mag. No one cares and it's sure as fuck not military.
>>
>>33305860
>not military
Are you kidding? .22 is ultra lethal. It bounces around in skulls and turns brains into mincemeat.
>>
>>33305860
What does it matter that it isn't military?

/k/ isn't all militaria
>>
>>33306017
Because OP mentions that the dude's grandad was in the military as if that matters

OP, it's an old CCI .22 mag, nothing special about it. Buy a gun that uses it and see if they work still.
>>
>>33305649

it might look old, but it's probably not. oils from your skin tarnish the metal like crazy. if it had been handled a lot, never wiped off, and then put away, it will cause it to tarnish and look old as fuck.

that round could easily be only a few months old and still look like that.
>>
>>33306149

a little added info. I figured this out because of my CCW pistol. I often unload/reload it and as a result the top round gets touched once or twice a day. after about a week it started to look old, dingy, brown, etc.

couldn't figure out how an old round ended up at the top of my mag, so I tossed it in a box and topped off with a fresh one. about a week later, happened again. I felt like a dumbass when I figured it out.
>>
>>33306204
Get some ammo with nickle plated cases (the shiny silver stuff) for your edc anon. It will prevent most of the corrosion problems.
>>
its .22 chinese mauser, it was used by the chinese communist army after the fall of beijing to retake shanghai. they were using a lot of leftover weapons from ww2 and the 22 chinese mauser was a practical conversion made from captured armenian 6mm mausers that were downsized to .22 magnum to save on metallurgy costs and infrastructure
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.