[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Criminals in small towns - Can you engage them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: West Virginia.jpg (174KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
West Virginia.jpg
174KB, 1050x700px
How does /k/ deal with criminals in small towns?
The police aren't you personal security detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGsvcmuKZ2o

Is it easier to simply kill them and bury them?
>>
>>33303886

This guy seems retarded.
>>
>>33303886
>guy tries to rob you
>shoot him

Problem solved.
>>
>>33303886
Looks shitter then eastern europe kek.
>>
>>33303886

>the sheriff's will only respond during 9-5 hours

Bullshit.
>>
>>33303886
>Is it easier to simply kill them and bury them?
Read and learn: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy

The answer is yes, shoot him dead. But make sure you already have the sheriff and the whole town behind you. The FBI will get called in, but everyone will be fine if nobody talks.
>>
>>33304069
>After instructing the assembled group not to get in a direct confrontation with McElroy, but instead seriously consider forming a neighborhood watch program, Sheriff Estes drove out of town in his police cruiser. The citizens decided to go to the tavern en masse. The bar soon filled completely. After McElroy finished his drinks, he purchased a six pack of beer, left the bar, and entered his pickup truck. While McElroy was sitting in his truck he was shot at several times and hit twice, once by a center fire rifle and once by a .22 rimfire rifle. In all, there were 46 potential witnesses to the shooting, including Trena McElroy, who was in the truck with her husband when he was shot. No one called for an ambulance.[9] Only Trena claimed to identify a gunman; every other witness either was unable to name an assailant or claimed not to have seen who fired the fatal shots.[10] The DA declined to press charges. An extensive Federal investigation did not lead to any charges.

That's how you take out the trash. Cop says
>Don't do anything while I'm gone guise :^)
Then leaves town for the day. Then the people of the town do what they need to.
>>
>>33303886
>listening to some schmuck blabber for 12 minutes about mostly nothing

no thank you
>>
>>33304111

This.

If im going to listen to some guy blabber, at least make it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKb0Pt66NlE&
>>
>>33304097
Sometimes you just gotta take out the trash, which is why I believe in small incorporated townships in which this can occur, things work better on a small scale
>>
>>33304053
When I lived in the woods in Nor-cal you had to call the Arcata police and wait 1-2 hours for someone to roll up in an emergency. There was the Sheriff and his one deputy in town and they went home at night.
>>
>>33303886
damn what town is that, looks super comfy
>>
>>33304305
It looks like countless towns in Pennsylvania. Could be West Virginia, or somewhere else in that region.
>>
>>33303886
This looks like Bradford, PA
>>
>>33304097
What is this from?
>>
>>33304812
see: >>33304069
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy
>>
>>33304862
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy
Oh well.
>>
>>33304912
Some people just need killing.
>>
Here in Alaska i just shoot anyone that walks onto my land

It's a pretty remote spot.

Closest LE is hours away.

Only shoot 1 or 2 people a year.
>>
>>33305064
Do you bury them and not tell anybody? How does that work up there?
>>
>>33305064
>Only shoot 1 or 2 people a year.
what why context pls
>>
>>33305178
Once you get out of towns, Alaska is pretty much the wild west. Lots of criminals and freaks from the lower 48 go to Alaska to disappear. A lot of people in Alaska disappear. Bears, climate, other people. Lots of reasons for people to never be heard from again.
>>
>>33305272
damn dude do you just shoot people on sight or you make sure they a hazard first?
>>
>>33305285
Nah, I'm not the Alaska anon. I just have family up there.
>>
>>33304097
that is some fuenteovejuna shit
>>
>>33305064
>only 1-2 people per year

k
>>
>>33305064
100% real and 100% heterosexual
>>
>>33304053
You clearly have never lived anywhere rural.

For example, I grew up in a town of 900. We had ONE city cop, who was part-time and worked 9-5 Monday through Thursday because that's all the town could afford. Then you had the county Sheriff's department, which had the elected sheriff and 2 deputies to cover an area of a little over 800 square miles. The Sheriff was old and pretty much physically incapable of leaving his office (he'd been the unchallenged incumbent for close to 40 years and was in his 80's by the time I was really aware of law enforcement, he died at 93 at his desk and was replaced by his senior deputy who was in his 70's and had worked for that sheriff exclusively since he'd graduated BLET at 21). Further, a lot of the roads are unpaved and not conducive to high-speed driving (speed limit of 35 on most with 45 being unsafe as shit in daylight and good weather due to ruts/washboard effect/wildlife).

So basically unless you lived in one of the 3 towns in the entire county you could expect a 2+ hour response time if it was a weekday and no response if it was a weekend or after 10pm.
>>
>>33305474
Sounds believable.

My family lives in south Texas and it's not uncommon to hear about people who shoot three or four people a year. I actually remember stories of "hunting clubs" back in the 80s that would shoot mexicans crossing the border to thin out the crime in border towns.
>>
>>33305628
I confirm this, here in México texans are hated, mostly for shooting llegals
then again
>not going in legally
is like they like to be shot, srlsly
>>
File: paris-police_2840525b.jpg (58KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
paris-police_2840525b.jpg
58KB, 620x387px
>>33305577
Which is why only New Yorkers and the like believe the police are meant to be their personal security.

The billions who live in rural environments know otherwise.
>>
>>33305808
>Which is why only New Yorkers and the like believe the police are meant to be their personal security.
Nah they believe something else now.
>>
Nothing too big, roughed up a guy for stealing from me once. (1/2)
>Live in a small town in Norway
>One policeman works one week here and one week in the next town
>Next town is five hours away
>By boat

>Come home one day to see the glass in my front door broken
>Door unlocked
>Fear for the worst, run to the study where I keep my expensive electronics and gun safe
>Thank God it's locked
>Unlock, retrieve durr rifle
>Commence tactically clearing rooms with durr rifle, about 50'' OAL
>Fucker took an armful of liquor
>Only cheap stuff, type Stoli/Havana Club/Tanquerary
This might not sound like something to be happy about, but I've got some fancy Italian reds I don't want to unwillingly share.
>After finding everything else in its place, call the policeman to report it
>"Yeah okay Anon we'll see what we can do about it"
>Getting well over the shock, starting to get MAD
>Ask my neighbours
>One of them thought she recognised the guy, son of so-and-so (let's call him Jim because that was his name and much like one Morrison, he liked rock music and drugs)
>Sign onto my father's Facebook to see if anyone is saying anything there (guy just accepts all friend requests)
>Sure enough, Jim is sharing a picture of him drinking my fuckin gin with some other kids
>Weekend comes, policeman leaves
>Head to Jim's place and knock on the door
>Tell him he's gonna come with me to the policeman
>Jim does not see anything off about going to see a Norwegian public servant(HAHA)'s office(HAHA) at 9 in the morning(HAHA) on a weekend(HAHA)
>Start driving out of town while calmly explaining to him that he will be compensating me for the broken glass and missing liquor
>Jim says he ain't paying for jack shit
>Keep on driving for an hour's time while he's mean-mugging me
>On a trail in the middle of nowhere I give him a walloping, take his clothes, wallet and phone and leave him
>Leave his junk on his front step
He ended up moving to stay with some of his friends down south.
>>
>>33306391
(2/2)
Now, what I'd like to share about this was that (At least in my case), small-town silence worked both ways.
People knew damn well that he was the one who done did steal my liquor, yet said nothing about it - If my father wasn't too polite to refuse any friend request he got, I'd only have my half blind and -deaf neighbour lady to go by until somebody let it slip after a few drinks (type "hey Anon, you ever do anything about Jim taking your shit?") or him taking shit from many enough people to get them talking about it with eachother.
On the other hand, people knew damn well why he came walking through town in a sheet he stole off a clothesline, yet warn't nobody that told the policeman nothing.
It's not so much about distrusting authorities or protecting wrongdoers to keep them doing their wrongs, but more of a public image thing - Ain't nobody wants to be perceived as a distrustful snitching creep, none the matter how unsavoury the person the knowledge they posess pertains to.
The exception being old lonely neighbour ladies, who are just happy to have someone to talk to.

Sorry about this being only slightly weapons-related.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.