[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the stupidest thing you've heard a fudd say?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: Fudd.jpg (10KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
Fudd.jpg
10KB, 185x272px
I'll go first

>you don't need an AR to hunt, you'll blow the deer to pieces!
>>
>>33303722
Usually the stopping power meme. Then you ask them where their gun is.
>oh it's in the truck
I pull out the NAA .22 I always keep in my shirt pocket and ask if it'd help them out sitting in the glovebox.
>>
>>33303737
I cringe every time I hear stopping power.

>I'll tell you hwat if a few rounds of .357 don't stop them nothin will. You don't need 15 bullets to stop a burglar

Clerk at LGS
>>
A "fudd" is someone for who guns are a means to an end rather than an autistic end unto themselves?
>>
>>33303722
I hear a lot about stopping power, but Fudd lore is always funny.

>50bmg or .338 is so powerful a sniper only needs to get within 3ft of the target
>The shock wave will rip people apart

They always get offended when I tell them that isn't the remotely true.
Although I end up sounding like Spock when I reveal my power level.
>>
>>33304171

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHpe5Z93wM
>>
>>33304124
what did he mean by this
>>
>>33304225
I'm asking what "fudd" is supposed to mean, and that's what I got from Urban Dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd
>>
File: fudd-e1395403708361.png (141KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
fudd-e1395403708361.png
141KB, 560x315px
>>33304124
A fudd is someone pro gun control because they believe guns are simply hunting tools and no more.

Though the definition gets pretty vague the more the meme gets used, so other categories like Bubbas could arguably also be seen as fudds.
>>
We have these kinds of threads constantly, but I have yet to see "What's the stupidest thing you've heard a mall ninja say?" thread. I wonder why?

>>33303768
The average number of shots fired in by a citizen when he has to use his gun and not just present it is 2-3 according to the FBI. You do not in fact need 15 bullets in the majority of instances of burglary, so that clerk was not wrong on that point. This is not to say that having greater capacity is bad, because I agree it is only an advantage.
>>
>>33304217
Kek
Fucking fidd lore.
>>
>>33304239
Typically refers to a baby boomer that loves wood and steel. Hates polymer. Believes the stupid bullshit listed above. Etc
>>
>"I refuse to put a suppressor on my rifle, it'll ruin the liiiiines"
>weapon in question being an ancient Bubba'd Mauser or Howa Hunter

>6.5x55 for everything! Underestimated long range round, underestimated wabbit round, underestimated burr round, be-all-end-all durr round, betcha I could take Cape buffalo and elephant just fine with it if only I wasn't an overly opinionated poorfag with an inherited Swedish Mauser and crippling inferiority complex
>>
>>33304280
>"What's the stupidest thing you've heard a mall ninja say?"

So my local range has a bunch of those guys.
They don't say much
They all have horribly modified guns of course, but they don't spew lore like the fudds.
They are mostly guilty of trying to look tactical
>>
>>33304280
>>33303768
Obviously the correct solution is to get a 7- or 8-shot .357. Also, mallninjas are generally GLOCK PERFECTION fanboys, love 10" ARs and Eotechs, and do stupid shit like tacticooling their 10/22s.
>>
>>33304239
You want to know what a fudd is?

In real terms, it is a straw man of the internet generation that they use to claim superiority to older generations of gun owners. While there WERE in the past (think your grandparents' generation) people who unironically fit the definition of your stereotypical fudd as defined in >>33304278, they have been dead or irrelevant for decades now.

The transformation of the NRA into the NRA-ILA back in the 70s/80s directly coincides with the political disenfranchisement of the fudd mindset in mainstream gun ownership. If you go to a gun show in any state that isn't California, New York, Massachusetts, etc, you will find that the only people there who support confiscation/increased regulations/sporting purpose fallacies are the NFA speculators (screw them).

To me, the really hilarious part about the way the term gets misused today is that the people your typical /k/ommando writes off as a "fudd," usually because he prefers classic guns to plastic ones, is likely to

1.) have done more for gun rights in the United States by giving money to the NRA and teaching younger shooters the hows and whys of firearms

2.) have better firearms skills due to actually using his guns outside of taking pictures of them and blasting paper
>>
>>33304291
>he thinks you cant kill elephant with 6.5 Mauser
>>
>>33303722
>revolvers are more reliable than pistols
>7.62x39 is not enough for brown bear, better get 44mag in a revolver because it has more energy
>>
>>33304478
>a revolver isn't a pistol
>>
>>33304489
here is your (You). Today somebody noticed you.
>>
>>33304477
I am familiar With Karamojo Bell and his antics, but surely you would not advocate people to go hunting elephant, leave the fuck alone buffalo, with a calibre that's illegal for that type of hunt, relying on them mastering a very challenging shot against an animal they are not in the least familiar with, which might be charging at them, on their first attempt?
>>
What gets to me is the people that think .22 is actually lethal for a mile. My dad's friend freaked out on me once because I shot at a squirrel in a tree because "durr you could kill someone a mile away if you miss"
>>
>>33304449
>Obviously the correct solution is to get a 7- or 8-shot .357.
Did somebody say 10mm?
>>
>>33304571
Get a Glock 20 and have 15 rounds of comparable power.
>revolverfags on suicide watch
>>
File: IMG_20170313_160654.jpg (92KB, 1424x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170313_160654.jpg
92KB, 1424x459px
>>
>>33303768
I mean, they're not wrong...but the way they present the argument is retarded.

As if you couldn't easily put down twice as many 9mm in the same period it takes to get .357 on target.
And if you're using a rifle? Forget it.
>>
>>33304585
God you fucks are stupid.
I don't own a revolver cause I think it's better than a semi auto. I own it cause it's cool.
So no, this revolver fag is not on suicide watch.
>>
>>33304603
mallninjas aren't fudds
>>
>>33304478
This is misinformation by someone who has probably never lived outside of a suburb and certainly has never lived for any period of time in a place where brown bears are an actual danger as opposed to just a curiosity.

The reason outdoorsmen and people living on the frontier favor .44 Magnum/.454 Casull revolvers is because they offer a lot of firepower in a compact and comparatively lightweight package. It is much easier to carry around a 2 lb revolver with you every day than a 6-8 lb rifle.

>but why not an automatic pistol then

The majority of common automatic pistol calibers are unable to reliably achieve immediate stops against brown bears due to insufficient penetration/expeansion; they will kill it eventually due to blood loss, but not before it mauls you and probably kills you. Furthermore, the main advantage of an autoloader--its capacity--is of lesser importance when the overwhelming majority of bear encounters do not give you the time to fire off even six shots, much less 14 or 15.
>>
>>33304657
They'll never understand.
They're same fags who think people are retarded for ever purchasing a 1911, Tokarev, or any other comparably outdated design. They just don't get that they're fucking godlike shooters with amazing ergonomics.
>no fun allowed
>>
File: 1489113628012.gif (4MB, 531x354px) Image search: [Google]
1489113628012.gif
4MB, 531x354px
>>33303722
a dude in the reserves told me his bud shoots a "Barrett Fifty" and when he shoots it from prone, it lifts him a foot off of the ground, and that it is physically impossible to shoot standing or kneeling, he also told me not to buy a new FN FAL because FN started to stamp the receivers instead of milling a couple of years ago, nevermind that production stopped with FN in the mid 80s(sic)
>>
>>33304585
Until it jams. Revolvers never jam :^)
>>
>>33304681
>This is misinformation by someone who has probably never lived outside of a suburb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQiwzu1XvQ&t=4m28s

>The majority of common automatic pistol calibers are unable to reliably achieve immediate stops against brown bears due to insufficient penetration/expeansion

hot 45acp and 10mm from a Glock will put them down easily and I can put 3 rds of it in the bear in the time it takes a moderately trained fudd to fumble one 44mag/casull into it. still, I'd never go inna bear woods without an AK.
>>
>>33304603
You're also more likely to land some of those shots, having less recoil. The FBI switched to 9mm for good reason.
>>
>>33304768
>"hot 45acp and 10mm from a Glock will put them (brown bears) down easily"

Mind posting some timestamped pics of the brown bears you've hunted with a 45 ACP or 10mm handgun?
>>
>>33304566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY
>>
>>33304809
that 45acp from a 1911 is enough is common fuddlore even. I don't hunt bears bc I like them. but like I said, If I had to go innwaoods, I'd bring an AK.
>>
>>33303722
>5.56 will blow a deer up and leave no usiable meat
>5.56 was designed to wound
>5.56 will go through the walls of 3 houses
>5.56 is the same as a .22

All from the same Fudd too.
>>
>>33304278
Fudds are better then the majority of /k/unts
>>
>>33304770
Proof that mandatory licencing needs to be brought to the US
>>
>>33304171
My marine buddies told me that when they would do after action assessments it wasn't uncommon to find they had seared taliban flesh with the .50 because the rounds had passed so close to them.

So I think it's partly true
>>
>>33303722
>5.45x39 was outlawed because it was too deadly, a hit in the hand would kill people from shock!
>>
>>33304948
not really.. because he would still pass all the licensing tests and the damn bastard drives a car.. a licensing agency isnt going to magically know about that piece of shit's history.. and he works at a prestigious job with extensive quality control as well

anyway the thing about gun control is that there is absolutely no reasoning with gun grabber types and they are like mice that ask for a slice of cheese but will take the whole block or if you give them an inch they will take a mile.. thats why the NRA takes a hardline and already fucked up with Lautenberg Amendment:

a good friend of mine lost his firearm rights when he was 18 years old and his father was punching him in the face but he caught one punch and bit down on his fist, and the cops decided to side with the bleeding old man instead of the defending teenager and then he took a plea bargain deal from a bad lawyer that failed to explain that he would lose his firearm rights

there is no negotiating when it comes to firearm rights because we are backed into a corner and liberals are the same way.. they just want to "get as many guns off the streets as possibly"

anyway i deleted my damn comment because of creeps like you that want to control people.. the solution to the problem is that i dont fucking hang around that idiot anymore and i have actually left social gatherings just because he showed up
>>
>>33303722
My boss holds .22lr and .410 to be the only rounds needed for self defense. He traded around for a cheap thermal scope and has been trying to find a gunsmith that will add a rail to the top if his double barrel .410 so he can put it on there.
>>
>shit nobody ever said: the thread

you faggots dont even know enough people to overhear this made-up bullshit you spew.

fuck you, no gunz mall ninja tacticool wannabe faggots. the fudds actually vote and pay for lobbying so on the off-hand chance you decide to leave the basement and build that AR, the right to do so is still protected.
>>
>>33305492
Go back to bed, gramps.
>>
>>33304762
The people who unironically say revolvers never jam must never shoot their revolvers.
>>
>>33304782
Because .40 is trash and hot 10mm loads are too strong for women and numales?
>>
>>33304960
Railgun? very plausible
.50 cal? I'm calling bullshit
>>
>No one needs an assault weapon, every cop I've ever talked to said they they don't want anyone having assault weapons.

"Well, what's an assault weapon?"

>You know, a gun that fires more than once with one trigger pull

"So guns that have been federally registered since 1934? Ones that are only old, because new ones can't be sold after 1986?"

>Well you can still modify ar15's to be automatic. I showed you that website that has the parts for sale.

"Implying that's legitimate, and not an ATF honeypot."

>Don't you think you're being paranoid?

Definitely the sort of guy who is only okay with lever-action or deer hunting shotguns.
>>
>>33304291
Was your mother scared by a swede anon?
>>
File: full metal ichiyon.jpg (26KB, 290x395px) Image search: [Google]
full metal ichiyon.jpg
26KB, 290x395px
>>33303722
I heard the full stereotypical "bah gawd I liked muh M-14 better" rant from an ancient fudd at my LGS one time when I was picking up an AR, up to and including the Mattel rifle joke. Thankfully he was just a customer and not behind the counter.
>>
>>33305700
They rarely jam but when they do... you usually need a gunsmith
>>
>>33305857
The AR15 auto sear "bottle openers" were legit until the ATF implied they were going to Waco them if they kept it up.
>>
File: image.png (314KB, 794x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314KB, 794x589px
>>33306565
>tfw I really do like the M1A and Mini-14 better than comparatively priced AR10s and AR15s
Not that I think the latter should be banned just because they're not my flavor.
>inb4 fudd
B-But I have a Glawk...
>>
>>33306729
>B-But I have a Glawk...

It seem Glocks are now old enough to be basially legacy guns and Fudds have armed up to them to the point where they are equal to 1911. Strange but true.
>>
File: 1480192909352.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480192909352.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>33306905
No, I can't be a fudd, that's impossible...

Excuse me I need to go get a SCAR 17S and a .300 BLK Mini 14.
>>
File: 1413146499344.jpg (293KB, 1119x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1413146499344.jpg
293KB, 1119x1749px
>>33304875
>5.56 was designed to wound

Fucking really? Where does that come from?
>>
>>33304782
The superior 9x19mm in action
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
>>
>>33306996
>>33306996
>The superior 9x19mm in action
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

the typical soft ballistic armour, Type IIIA, will stop .44 Magnum so the idea that 40sw, 10mm etc. will do something against it is laughable. that's why LEOs started hauling ARs....
>>
>>33306984
Some big shit marine saying that wounding someone was perfectly fine because it took three people out of the fight; the wounded and two to carry him.

My favorite is that since .222 remington is a varminting cartridge .223 and by extension 5.56 NATO are too.
>>
>>33304124
Someone who isn't a l33t mall ninja operator larper
>>
Got set up next to fudd & son's last weekend at the range. Brought my Arsenal out for the day and the father and two sons were sharing the m1a.
>That there communist rifle is a worthless junk, sell that and get a real gun made in america
>scuff him off and set up at 50 yard to zero my reddot
>constant little comments the entire cease fire
>start pile driving the center after 6 rounds to get it zeroed (which really isn't even a hard feat to do on a bench rest)
>fudd and son's has a group sized of op's asshole at 50
>moves back to 100 when i move my target
>have to confirm after every 5 shot group cause i cant see that far
>fudds paper is clean with a single hole on the very right edge
>cease fire again and get ready to get all smuggy with the fudds
>leavesduring cease fire even though you;re not supposed to touch guns during cease fire
>rip his target off and staple it on to my stand
>>
>>33306996
Because.45 would have worked much better.
>>
>>33303722
>OMG WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?

My brother in law while me and my niece were talking about her wanting to get her LTC and a handgun. She had literally just said that 1 person in her neighborhood had recently been mugged and another had been raped. He is a textbook fudd. Goes hunting all the time.
>>
>>33306905
>Fudds have armed up to them to the point where they are equal to 1911.
Fudds don't own glocks or 1911s. Fudds don't think we should be able to own handguns. Learn what a fudd is.
>>
>>33303722
A 5 shit .38* hammerless is a good carry option
>>
>>33305775
Do some research and don't be a fucking NIGGER
>>
>>33307071
except they pretty much are considering they're nearly identical

Just because it can be adapted for shooting other things doesn't mean it's suddenly not a varmint round
>>
>>33304782
If the recoil of a 45 ACP prevents you from shooting accurately, then you must be limp-wristed weakling. It's not like a 500 S&W.
>>
>>33304960
your marine buddies are making things up, because they are retarded blowhards aka marines
>>
>>33305700

Stop buying Taurus shitguns.
>>
File: 1489483501339.jpg (86KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
1489483501339.jpg
86KB, 500x587px
>>33309791
>>
>>33309773

You're wrong and stupid.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.